PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick Is Sorry, And He Learned His Lesson...

Obstructed_View
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Mike Vick is sorry he got caught. He is sorry that people didn't just accept his lies. He is sorry that he lost so much money. And he learned his lesson from OJ that when the going gets tough, the tough run home to the black community for vocal and sympathetic support from anyone that wants either attention or revenge on whitey.

mardigan
08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Mind reader or what?

peewee's lovechild
08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Well, everyone deserves a second chance, and so does Micheal Vick.

He just needs to serve his time first.

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Mike Vick is sorry he got caught. He is sorry that people didn't just accept his lies. He is sorry that he lost so much money. And he learned his lesson from OJ that when the going gets tough, the tough run home to the black community for vocal and sympathetic support from anyone that wants either attention or revenge on whitey.

But But But - he "found Jesus." I just hope his prison mates have "found Jesus" as well.

mardigan
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
He didnt run to shit. He never asked for their support, it just came being a hometown hero being tried in his hometown.

peewee's lovechild
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
You know what I didn't get?
The fucking choirs singing old negro spirituals outside the courthouse.

What the fuck???

Martin Luther King, Jr. and his contemporaries got this treatment because they were fighting for their basic civil rights and for those in the black community.

Vick killed dogs.

How the fuck do you equate the two???

mardigan
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
But But But - he "found Jesus." I just hope his prison mates have "found Jesus" as well.
What the fuck is wrong with that? He took responsibilty for his actions, he apologized, what the fuck else do people want from this guy. Hes going to fucking prison, thats should be enough for everyone. More than OJ did, and he fucking killed people

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
He didnt run to shit. He never asked for their support, it just came being a hometown hero being tried in his hometown.
A "hometown hero" who shot the rod at his own fans in his own stadium for getting his worthless ass booed off the field last season ! Yea, what a hero ! Well guess what ! NOW his hometown is giving him the big finger !!!!

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 07:46 PM
What the fuck is wrong with that? He took responsibilty for his actions, he apologized, what the fuck else do people want from this guy. Hes going to fucking prison, thats should be enough for everyone. More than OJ did, and he fucking killed people

Like I said, I hope his prison mates have "found Jesus" as well. Otherwise the only "fucking" that's gonna happen is up his rear end !!

Obstructed_View
08-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I must have missed whatever Michael Vick did in his career that was heroic to the folks that are supporting him other than being born with dark skin and getting himself arrested. And yes, he apologized. Like I said, I'm sure he's sorry he got caught. I don't for a second believe that he suddenly has had an attack of conscience and sees why doing the shit he did to those animals is wrong. There are plenty of people that are defending him that plainly don't see anything wrong with dogfighting.

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I must have missed whatever Michael Vick did in his career that was heroic to the folks that are supporting him other than being born with dark skin and getting himself arrested.
Well he "axed for forgiveness" and was granted just that !! The AXE.
:elephant
The dumb shit should have stayed in college and gotten an education.

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I must have missed whatever Michael Vick did in his career that was heroic to the folks that are supporting him other than being born with dark skin and getting himself arrested. And yes, he apologized. Like I said, I'm sure he's sorry he got caught. I don't for a second believe that he suddenly has had an attack of conscience and sees why doing the shit he did to those animals is wrong. There are plenty of people that are defending him that plainly don't see anything wrong with dogfighting.
I LOVE the part of "I found Jesus and have turned my life over to God - for now." What kind of baloney is that? Freudian slip or what????????? Guess, he'll take his life back from God when he gets released from prison to continue his life of crime !!!!

What a blithering DUMB SHIT !!!!!

monosylab1k
08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Let's all stop the bickering and just be glad that criminals who seriously threaten the safety of mankind like Michael Vick are going to jail.

Now that he's in there, we can all breathe easy. Murderers and drunken drivers like Ray Lewis and Leonard Little aren't so bad, but let's thank God that GOD DAMN DOGFIGHTERS like Michael Vick are going to be put safely behind bars so that we all feel safer at night.

monosylab1k
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
and screw his legion of black supporters. WHITE POWER!

Sweetey
08-27-2007, 09:18 PM
and screw his legion of black supporters. WHITE POWER!
YES - PLEASE screw his legion of dumb ass black supporters.

monosylab1k
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Are you wearing your hood while typing this? cuz that would be super.

Holt's Cat
08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Mike Vick realizes that making eight figures a year is worth not holding illegal dog fights after the fact.

mardigan
08-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow.

TheSanityAnnex
08-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Let's all stop the bickering and just be glad that criminals who seriously threaten the safety of mankind like Michael Vick are going to jail.

Now that he's in there, we can all breathe easy. Murderers and drunken drivers like Ray Lewis and Leonard Little aren't so bad, but let's thank God that GOD DAMN DOGFIGHTERS like Michael Vick are going to be put safely behind bars so that we all feel safer at night.:lol

Whisky Dog
08-27-2007, 10:33 PM

Now that he's in there, we can all breathe easy. Murderers and drunken drivers like Ray Lewis and Leonard Little aren't so bad, but let's thank God that GOD DAMN DOGFIGHTERS like Michael Vick are going to be put safely behind bars so that we all feel safer at night.

You don't get it. He was bank rolling and running and illegal, underground gambling ring. That's a federal crime. You go to jail for violating that crime. The dogfighting is the hot button issue in the media, but in the courts it's more about being an illegal gambling kingpin. The dogfighting is just another avenue to get him.

And I am not pissed with the way Vick is handling things. Of course he isn't sorry for doing it, but that doesn't matter. He pleaded guilty, is going to do his time, and whatever he does after is up to him and the people who are in a position to give him an opportunity or to snub him.

And I am extremely sick and tired of the racial bullshit. Of course these idiots are singing slave hymns and carrying on like giant jackasses because they are black and Michael Vick is black. Those idiots are irrational and should be ignored. I don't understand the need for groups of black people to come to rationalize every despicable action performed by a famous black person. White people don't do that. Latinos don't do that. Europeans don't do that. Why do many black Americans feel the need to do it? It's fucking stupid.

K-State Spur
08-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Murderers and drunken drivers like Ray Lewis and Leonard Little aren't so bad

So because they got off light (under a different regime i might add), nobody else can be held accountable for anything?

TLWisfoine
08-28-2007, 12:28 AM

O.J. got off, so I am going to say to you what many whites say to black people whenever they complain about the injustices of slavery, GET OVER IT!!!

TLWisfoine
08-28-2007, 12:31 AM
And I am extremely sick and tired of the racial bullshit. Of course these idiots are singing slave hymns and carrying on like giant jackasses because they are black and Michael Vick is black. Those idiots are irrational and should be ignored. I don't understand the need for groups of black people to come to rationalize every despicable action performed by a famous black person. White people don't do that. Latinos don't do that. Europeans don't do that. Why do many black Americans feel the need to do it? It's fucking stupid.

Go ahead and say it, you think blacks are morally corrupt don't you? Doesn't it just want to make you walk up to the first one you see and just :ihit

Bandwagon Bill
08-28-2007, 12:34 AM

Do you really think that jail is only for criminals who threaten the safety of mankind? So all forms of white collar crime should not be punishable? People who scam and embezzle millions of dollars should be ignored because they aren't threatening the safety of mankind? If someone steals your identity and fucks you over so bad that you can no longer see straight (but your safety isnt threated!!), should that person be allowed to run free with no worries?

dg7md
08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
If Vick were white NOBODY would be behind him. The fact some people are BEHIND him is ridiculous. Is the issue over-exaggerated? Yes, by far.

Was it wrong? Yes, and that's just how it works. Especially with a major athlete, someone who was marketed as the NFL's current superstar. Has he ever done anything worthy of it beyond hype? Hardly. He sold tickets, which is good. He was popular, kids saw him as an idol, and now they see what he was really doing.

He could have done far worse, but there's something low about an athlete willingly killing DOGS in an entertainment rig that makes that seem a bit, massive? Huge? What did the dogs do aside from lose a match? Nobody should be sympathetic towards him, not like he's innocent or that he is a golden boy. He's made dumb mistakes before. This could make him a better man. Will it? I don't know but there's a chance.

So basically, this whole issue exploded into something greater than it is, but it is to be expected, if an o-lineman did this, hardly anybody would care after the first days, but come on, this is MICHAEL VICK doing this. A crime is a crime, but when a popular figure does it, expect much more attention based on the crime.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Do you really think that jail is only for criminals who threaten the safety of mankind?

No, but this much public outrage should be reserved for those types of criminals.

So all forms of white collar crime should not be punishable? People who scam and embezzle millions of dollars should be ignored because they aren't threatening the safety of mankind?

They deserve alot more vile treatment than a dogfighter receives. Look at Enron. Those guys got put into a white collar resort, and Lay had a huge public funeral with very little protest. Meanwhile, there are some people in the media who have clamed that Vick deserves the DEATH PENALTY.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 08:41 AM
funny how people on this board keep saying "It's so stupid that black people are making a racial issue out of this.....but if Vick were white he wouldn't get support/love/an easy sentence....."

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 08:42 AM
So because they got off light (under a different regime i might add), nobody else can be held accountable for anything?
Is Michael Vick going to prison? He is? Then he's being help accountable.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 08:43 AM
And I am extremely sick and tired of the racial bullshit..................White people don't do that. Latinos don't do that. Europeans don't do that. Why do many black Americans feel the need to do it? It's fucking stupid.

K-State Spur
08-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Meanwhile, there are some people in the media who have clamed that Vick deserves the DEATH PENALTY.

who?

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
who?
google search "michael vick death penalty" and see for yourself.

he's not a member of the media, but a US Senator also supports the execution of dogfighting serial killer Michael Vick, and also mentions the special place in Hell that he'll be going to.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290061,00.html?=vick

Spurminator
08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't really understand what people want. Vick did the best thing he could do in this situation, he made a public apology. And now he's going to jail.

At this point, getting all bent out of shape about his sincerity is just beating a dead horse. You'd have to be delusional to think he suddenly learned the error of his ways, but he still did the right thing by taking responsibility for his actions and not playing the victim. I don't think we should congratulate him or anything, but it doesn't seem like anything to complain about either.

Can't wait for the season to start...

TLWisfoine
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
google search "michael vick death penalty" and see for yourself.

he's not a member of the media, but a US Senator also supports the execution of dogfighting serial killer Michael Vick, and also mentions the special place in Hell that he'll be going to.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290061,00.html?=vick

The Klan member Robert Bryd. Intresting!!!

Holt's Cat
08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
So Vick will end up doing more time than OJ or Kobe. Some justice.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2007, 09:52 AM
He's sorry and he found god. Isn't that enough? I mean he was innocent until proven guilty and then he admitted guilt to felony crimes and partaking in the murder of innocent dogs. Isn't it enough that he was man enough to admit it, god will save him now, lets not judge him because he's black. Forget the crimes, when a young filthy rich black athlete makes life changing decisions and breaks the law in more ways than one he should be let off the hook so long as he admits guilt, apologizes and finds god. Fuck you people are racist.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Forget the crimes, when a young filthy rich black athlete makes life changing decisions and breaks the law in more ways than one he should be let off the hook so long as he admits guilt, apologizes and finds god.

He's going to prison. That's hardly being let off the hook.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
He's going to prison. That's hardly being let off the hook.
Thats not in stone yet but I sure as hell hope so. You do realize what I wrote was sarcasm though don't you.

DarkReign
08-28-2007, 11:34 AM
GET OVER IT!!!

Damn right. Everyone should get the fuck over it.

The system is running the course and is almost finished. Get over it.

DarkReign
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Thats not in stone yet but I sure as hell hope so. You do realize what I wrote was sarcasm though don't you.

Blue text, ftw!

duncan228
08-28-2007, 11:58 AM
This was in my local paper this morning. I found it an interesting take.
Does Vick get forgiven by the fans?

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/michael-vick-nfl-1823175-public-player

Does Michael Vick deserve our forgiveness?

The suspended, troubled Atlanta Falcons quarterback took the first step in that direction with his public mea culpa.

MARCIA C. SMITH

Just after he entered his guilty plea on a federal dogfighting charge in a Richmond, Va., courtroom on Monday morning, Michael Vick called his most famous audible.

His words drowned out by the shutter sounds of camera-clicking photographers, the NFL quarterback who bankrolled the vicious dogfighting enterprise out of his backyard Bad Newz Kennels made a play for our forgiveness.

Vick, who couldn’t win the world back with a hundred Hail Marys right now, merely scored a few points for himself. He made the necessary apologies, admitted to lying to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, claimed to have “found Jesus” and promised to redeem himself.

All in a one-play, 4½-minute opening damage-control drive toward salvaging his reputation and his NFL career.

He didn’t scramble for anything outrageous, as he had done so often leaving the pocket on the football field. On this day he was simply effective, running the all-important “I’m sorry” offense in the latest defense staged by yet another fallen sports superstar.

As sports fans in this era of pros turned cons, we’ve witnessed many of these public displays of contrition, from tearful Laker Kobe Bryant admitting adultery in the wake of sexual-assault charges to more crying from New York Yankees slugger Jason Giambi when he made a thinly veiled admission of steroids use.

Coming clean marked the beginning of image recovery for Bryant and Giambi. Monday’s plea in both the federal and public-opinion courts was Vick’s first step toward redemption, which should eventually arrive, but not anytime soon.

Vick, the Atlanta Falcons icon known in court documents as “Ookie” who staged pit bull maulings in carpeted pits and knowingly allowed weaker canines to be executed by drowning and electrocution, has penance to perform before he can even consider resuming a football –- or pet sitting -- career.

The public will demand that Vick suffers. The animal-rights activists behind the organized outrage might demand Vick be imprisoned and then sent to swim in a shark tank while wearing a sirloin bikini. Those sports fans who’ve rightfully become fed up with misbehaving athletes might want Vick –- the highest-paid player in America’s most popular major pro sport -- banned from the honor of being in the NFL.

But those in the more forgiving sports world probably won’t be that hard on this fallen hero.

History has shown that fans will need time, maybe an NFL season or two without the former 2001 top-drafted talent, before he can return reformed and rehabilitated to our football Sundays under our clean-living terms of probation.

Only after his Dec. 10 sentencing, punishment and a sufficiently long NFL exile, can the option quarterback make football an option.

As we have seen with athletes who’ve been caught for committing crimes against people, the public has the power to forgive. The public likes to forgive, to root for comebacks in games, in life, with underdogs and maybe with ex-under-dogfighters.

Vick stuck to the public-relations playbook perfectly. He confessed his wrongdoing. He took responsibility for “the things I’ve done and allowed to happen.”

He acknowledged dog fighting as “terrible, and I reject it.” He admitted his poor judgment, his dishonesty, his shame and his failures in front of fans, especially the kids who once proudly wore their No. 7 jerseys.

Having failed as their role model, a solemn Vick asked to become their cautionary tale. He said, “I need to grow up.”

Vick didn’t need to say anything. He could’ve hidden behind his attorney and the tinted windows of the SUV caravan that takes him to court.

But Vick, saying that he was speaking “from the heart,” made the right move. His public appeal came without leaking crocodile tears and without reading from lawyer/spin doctor-prepared statement. He spoke with words that collapsed into mumbles at times beneath the heavy weight of remorse.

Vick stood in front of the world as a man who has already lost almost everything.

His multimillion-dollar endorsement portfolio is empty, with everyone from Nike to Rawlings to Upper Deck having abandoned him.

His NFL playing days, which awarded him a $130 million, multiyear contract in 2004, have been suspended indefinitely. Falcons owner Arthur Blank on Monday said his team, which is currently consumed with trying to recover bags of money from its franchise player, won’t cut Vick right now, pending Goodell’s NFL sentence.

Vick's identity as a football player will be forever tainted by his off-the-field crimes involving animal cruelty, and his reputation as both a player and a man is ruined.

But his life, the off-the-field persona Vick spoke about in the third-person, isn’t over.

Michael Vick, the man, seeks redemption. Michael Vick, the player, awaits our forgiveness.

And Monday’s display should be the start of both the man’s and the player’s second chance.

Holt's Cat
08-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Why do any of the criminal athletic class deserve forgiveness? So long as their justice bears a faint resemblance to the justice meeted out to the less famous and less wealthy, the criminal behavior will continue. Only when the entitlement to their millions disappears in light of criminal conduct will some of these athletic gods finally get the message.

atxrocker
08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
this is the first and possibly only time i will agree with every word that monosylab1k
has posted in this thread.

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
funny how people on this board keep saying "It's so stupid to make a racial issue out of this.....but if Vick were white....."

You are a disgrace to every African American on this earth who has ever worked hard to make something of themselves and succeeded -- unlike your boy Vick.

Here ya go, keep playing this card and see how far you get !

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jlo49/RaceCard.gif

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
You are a disgrace to every African American on this earth who has ever worked hard to make something of themselves and succeeded -- unlike your boy Vick.

Here ya go, keep playing this card and see how far you get !

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/jlo49/RaceCard.gif
I'm not black.

But thanks for taking what I said and assuming that I'm black just because of my stance.

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not black.
I don't care if you're white, black, brown, blue or green -- you are STILL a disgrace to the African Americans by saying that Vick was only convicted because he was "black". How many black and white guys do you think were passed over when Vick was give a $130 million dollar football contract? And what about the Spurs - predominantly black and the epitome of CLASS and INTEGRITY. So get off your bullcrap that Vick was convicted - after ADMITTING his guilt -- because he was black !!

Spurminator
08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
you are STILL a disgrace to the African Americans by saying that Vick was only convicted because he was "black".
point out where i said that. find the post.

because all i've seen in this thread is that someone said "if Vick were white he would have no supporters". is he a disgrace to white people for saying that?

mardigan
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't care if you're white, black, brown, blue or green -- you are STILL a disgrace to the African Americans by saying that Vick was only convicted because he was "black". How many black and white guys do you think were passed over when Vick was give a $130 million dollar football contract? And what about the Spurs - predominantly black and the epitome of CLASS and INTEGRITY. So get off your bullcrap that Vick was convicted - after ADMITTING his guilt -- because he was black !!
So your hearing and reading skills suck, you were dealt a rough hand in life huh?

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
point out where i said that. find the post.

because all i've seen in this thread is that someone said "if Vick were white he would have no supporters". is he a disgrace to white people for saying that?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1930508&postcount=27

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
How many black and white guys do you think were passed over when Vick was give a $130 million dollar football contract?
all the ones who aren't as athletically gifted as him.

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
So your hearing and reading skills suck, you were dealt a rough hand in life huh?
Yea, I'm black.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1930508&postcount=27
:lmao wow...

mardigan
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Yea, I'm racist.
Must be hard to type and tie nooses at the same time

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
He really is wearing his hood while typing!

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
all the ones who aren't as athletically gifted as him.
Maybe not as "athletically gifted" but sure as hell much more morally and intelligently gifted !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurminator
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I was going to say Sweetey's misrepresentation of the arguments made in this thread were a sign of his/her latent racist tendencies, but now it's pretty clear there's nothing latent about it.

monosylab1k
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Maybe not as "athletically gifted" but sure as hell much more morally and intelligently gifted !!!!!!!!!!!!!
as soon as that scores touchdowns they'll get 130 million too.

nobody here is saying that Vick isn't a scumbag. he most definitely is. but he's not a scumbag on the level of murderers and drunk drivers like Ray Lewis and Leonard Little.

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Must be hard to type and tie nooses at the same time
Has anyone told you it is against the TOS to change someone's quote? As soon as I'm through hanging your ugly ass I'm gonna have you banned !! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
I was going to say Sweetey's misrepresentation of the arguments made in this thread were a sign of his/her latent racist tendencies, but now it's pretty clear there's nothing latent about it.

Kinda like your "latent" homosexuality ??? Nothing latent about that either !

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Yea, just like your homosexuality -- nothing you can do about that. Rough "hand" isn't it ??

Obstructed_View
08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
O.J. got off, so I am going to say to you what many whites say to black people whenever they complain about the injustices of slavery, GET OVER IT!!!
You don't have to be a descendant of slaves (like you or me) to agree about how unjust the practice of slavery is, and was in the US. I'd imagine that people that complain about the injustices of slavery with their hands out are the ones who are told to get over it, since it ended a hundred years before we were born.

Oh well, I guess we'll hear someone saying Michael Vick deserves to go free because Klaus Von Bulow was acquitted.

Spurminator
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Kinda like your "latent" homosexuality ??? Nothing latent about that either !

Racist... check.
Homophobic... check.

What are your feelings on The Jew?

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Racist... check.
Homophobic... check.

What are your feelings on The Jew?
Actually I am half Jewish, half African American, and bi-sexual ! What are you -- I mean, besides your being a sterile FREAK !!
:lol

BacktoBasics
08-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Actually I am half Jewish, half African American, and bi-sexual ! What are you -- I mean, besides your being a sterile FREAK !!
:lolVick should have put you down.

peewee's lovechild
08-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Fuck!!

You're Lenny Kravitz???

Dude, I love your shit!!!!!
Your mom kicked ass on the Jeffersons!!!

atxrocker
08-28-2007, 03:19 PM

i wouldn't be bragging about being any of those things if i were you.

Sweetey
08-28-2007, 06:09 PM
i wouldn't be bragging about being any of those things if i were you.
So you are a MAJOR BIGOT !! whoopeee !!

K-State Spur
08-28-2007, 10:37 PM
as soon as that scores touchdowns they'll get 130 million too.

nobody here is saying that Vick isn't a scumbag. he most definitely is. but he's not a scumbag on the level of murderers and drunk drivers like Ray Lewis and Leonard Little.

I don't know about that. Most drunk drivers are making a stupid and reckless mistake - but their is no malicious intent (Leonard Little is an exception because he killed someone...then did it AGAIN).

Killing dogs shows a malicious psychopathic intent and IMHO would fall somewhere between murdering and drunk driving.

T Park
08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
because torturing and killing dogs is normal and OK.

Just ask serial killers.

mardigan
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
because torturing and killing dogs is normal and OK.

Just ask serial killers.
:lol Comparing human life to dogs life again
Ridiculous

K-State Spur
08-29-2007, 10:04 AM
:lol Comparing human life to dogs life again
Ridiculous

Actually, I think he is pointing out the linkage between cruelty to animals and cruelty to humans.

The inability to find empathy for others usually manifests itself first towards animals before it is displayed towards members of the human race.

mardigan
08-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Actually, I think he is pointing out the linkage between cruelty to animals and cruelty to humans.

The inability to find empathy for others usually manifests itself first towards animals before it is displayed towards members of the human race.
Serial killers dont compare to what Vick did, mindset, actions, nothing.
Someone that could bring themselves to take multiple human lifes have nothing in common with someone who fights and kills dogs, no matter how horrific the killings are

Spurminator
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't think there's any more link between dogfighting and serial killers than there is between dogfighting and hunting. If you can't compare one set then you can't compare the other.

Ms.TeenSouthCarolina
08-29-2007, 10:23 AM
I think that like Michael Vick needs to go to prison with other US Americans that have Iraq with the is were South Africans.

K-State Spur
08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't think there's any more link between dogfighting and serial killers than there is between dogfighting and hunting. If you can't compare one set then you can't compare the other.

almost every psychologist/psychiatrist/sociologist would disagree with you.

that's not to say that everybody who abuses animals will become a serial killer. but there is a linkage that is MUCH higher than the general population.

http://ddl.uwinnipeg.ca/viol_cr/files/readings/reading11.pdf

Obstructed_View
08-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Serial killers dont compare to what Vick did, mindset, actions, nothing.
Someone that could bring themselves to take multiple human lifes have nothing in common with someone who fights and kills dogs, no matter how horrific the killings are
Actually, many serial killers have abnormal cruelty to animals in common with Vick. It's part of the pathology of a sociopath. Fighting the animals is a far fucking cry from hanging them and slamming them against the ground. Why someone wouldn't find that lack of conscience disturbing enough to stop trying to defend it is beyond me.

Whisky Dog
08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Actually, many serial killers have abnormal cruelty to animals in common with Vick. It's part of the pathology of a sociopath. Fighting the animals is a far fucking cry from hanging them and slamming them against the ground. Why someone wouldn't find that lack of conscience disturbing enough to stop trying to defend it is beyond me.

Exactly the point. Some of these people on here are acting like all he did was take part in a dogfight or two, when in reality he is being prosecuted by the Feds for running and illegal gambling ring. The dogfighting charge is just another way they can get him, but they want him because he was the kingpin behind an illegal gambling ring. Even the national media outrage is based on the execution of dogs much more than the dogfighting itself.

K-State Spur
08-29-2007, 10:51 PM
The dogfighting charge is just another way they can get him, but they want him because he was the kingpin behind an illegal gambling ring.

i don't agree with that.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Jesus, the season can't start soon enough.

I'm outraged by the outrage...

Whisky Dog
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
i don't agree with that.

Well then you're mistaken or naive, or both. Uncle Sam doesn't like people getting theirs without him getting his. The Fed govt. takes these cases all the time, while dogfighting cases are quite rare. Superstar rich athlete + illegal gambling kingpin = soft target for Feds.

K-State Spur
08-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Well then you're mistaken or naive, or both.

OR...

i'm just slightly aware of the law.

if they wanted to hit him hard for the gambling, they would have. they had the evidence to do so, they didn't need to trump up some dogfighting charge to get him in a round-a-bout way (i.e. Capone). and they sure as hell would not have let him allocute that he didn't take any winnings or make any sidebets if gambling was the #1 concern of their investigation.

in this investigation - it's safe to say that dogfighting and animal cruelty were the government's focus.

Whisky Dog
08-30-2007, 12:26 AM
OR...

i'm just slightly aware of the law.

if they wanted to hit him hard for the gambling, they would have. they had the evidence to do so, they didn't need to trump up some dogfighting charge to get him in a round-a-bout way (i.e. Capone). and they sure as hell would not have let him allocute that he didn't take any winnings or make any sidebets if gambling was the #1 concern of their investigation.

in this investigation - it's safe to say that dogfighting and animal cruelty were the government's focus.

That's just what he pleaded to because it was the charge on the table at the time. It was the easier of the chargest to levy against him and was stuck first. Don't think the gambling wasn't coming into it later if Vick didn't do the smart thing and plea. His celebrity and the gambling aspects drew the govts. fire. You think the govt. actually gives a fuck about the lives of dogs? They don't even give a fuck about their own citizen's lives for fuck sake.

Whisky Dog
08-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Learn to read between the lines instead of looking at everything at face value. Why in the hell would the Fed govt. waste their time on a bunch of dogs? They wouldn't unless there is something more enticing for them tied in.

Whisky Dog
08-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Besides, killing dogs isn't a federal offense. If it was to be a crime it would be a state charge. The Feds came in because of the interstate transfer of funds associated with the gambling aspects of the case.

K-State Spur
08-30-2007, 09:33 AM
You think the govt. actually gives a fuck about the lives of dogs?

They give a crap about the votes of dog owners.

Spurminator
08-30-2007, 11:31 AM
that's not to say that everybody who abuses animals will become a serial killer. but there is a linkage that is MUCH higher than the general population.

But that's what I'm saying. Serial killers are RARE. VERY rare... as in, about a hundred in US History. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_country) I don't think showing their tendencies towards animal cruelty means anything in relation to everyone who has participated in some form of animal cruelty in that span of time.

monosylab1k
08-30-2007, 11:37 AM
You think the govt. actually gives a fuck about the lives of dogs?
if Vick was involved with illegal cockfighting he'd be on the Falcons practice field right now getting ready to play a season of football.

DarkReign
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
if Vick was involved with illegal cockfighting he'd be on the Falcons practice field right now getting ready to play a season of football.

Youre right he would, if he didnt cross state borders to illegally gamble on it.