PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Keeps Game Close In Loss To Team USA

saporvida
08-28-2007, 11:18 AM
realgm (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47805/20070828/mexico_keeps_game_close_in_loss_to_team_usa/)

i find it funny that this article title states that mx was somehow close to usa in pts.

when did a 27pt deficit become a close game? sure it aint a 40pt deficit but come on its still 27pts!

this is getting ridiculous when 27pts is considered close.

get ready puerto rico cause you gonna have your ass handed to ya!

Manu Pacquiao
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
27 points but the game felt competitive all the way. Mexico competed for every single minute and squeezed every drop of basketball talent they had in their bodies.

Didnt feel like a total blowout while I was watching. Mexico played the best they can. Thats all a coach wishes for.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
27 points but the game felt competitive all the way. Mexico competed for every single minute and squeezed every drop of basketball talent they had in their bodies.

Didnt feel like a total blowout while I was watching. Mexico played the best they can. Thats all a coach wishes for.

i agree whole-heartedly but the fact is still that no matter how much they gave the game was no where near close. they got blown out but everyone is acting like they didnt. it wasnt as if they were down 1 or 2 possessions but more like 10+. BLOWOUT!

arroyo is gonna get his ass kicked! i cant stand that little bastard and it will be great to see him cry. i just wish panama wasnt a bunch of chumps and would had somehow squeezed a win out the other night instead of a terrible upset in overtime.

samikeyp
08-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Things are going well for your team if the other one has to have phrases like "stayed competitive", "kept the game respectable" and "keeps game close" to make them feel better. When a 27 point loss to your team is "respectable" then things are looking good.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 12:09 PM
tonight is the usa vs pr right? same time around 7-8ct? i cant wait!

duncan228
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
tonight is the usa vs pr right? same time around 7-8ct? i cant wait!

Tonight, 11:00 EST

Schedule:

http://www.nba.com/2007fibaamericas/schedule.html

ShoogarBear
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
On the other hand, it suggests that maybe Nolan Richardson really is the best FIBA coach in the US.

JamStone
08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
When it was expected that Mexico would lose by 50+, 27 points is keeping it close.

Xylus
08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
And Mexico came with in 14 points late in the 3rd quarter, I believe. The game almost looked like it was going to get out of hand.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
When it was expected that Mexico would lose by 50+, 27 points is keeping it close.

give me a break... speculation is just that but 27pts is still a blowout no matter how you try to sugar coat it.

ShoogarBear
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
If Team USA beat a WNBA team by 27 points, I guess technically it would be a blowout, but none of those guys would ever be able to show their faces on the street again.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
:lol hilarious... In what universe is a 27 pt blowout not just that?

saporvida
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM

thank you. finally.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 04:43 PM
If Team USA beat a WNBA team by 27 points, I guess technically it would be a blowout, but none of those guys would ever be able to show their faces on the street again.

as for wnba... dont bring it up please. women and balls? yeah they do what they do best, suck.

if i wanted to watch ymca youth squads go at it i would but i dont and the same goes for the joke that is the wnba.

ps: my bad if no one wants to agree with me but the wnba is a joke.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 04:46 PM

when it was expected that the mavs would get past the #8 seed with ease.... losing by 25pts in game 6 was keeping it close.

ShoogarBear
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
when it was expected that the mavs would get past the #8 seed with ease.... losing by 25pts in game 6 was keeping it close.Logic much?

Sense
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM

27 blowout against Mexico....

idk if I'd consider it that, I would've expected Mexico to lose by 40+ or 50+...

Mexico isn't really known for having a good basketball team you know.... But as I was watching the game I noticed the hustle and the defense they tried against the US team and it certainly looked like they put their best effort and at times shook the US offense...

but ultimately they couldn't make it last throughout the game...

saporvida
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
27 blowout against Mexico....

idk if I'd consider it that, I would've expected Mexico to lose by 40+ or 50+...

Mexico isn't really known for having a good basketball team you know.... But as I was watching the game I noticed the hustle and the defense they tried against the US team and it certainly looked like they put their best effort and at times shook the US offense...

but ultimately they couldn't make it last throughout the game...

i dont get it. so just because you think mx isnt a great team you still dont consider a 27pt one sided game a blowout? so lets say mx was a great team and still got blownout by 27pts would you then consider it a blowout?

a blowout is a blowout regardless of talent and skill. you never know how a team is going to match up vs another.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Logic much?

what?

ShoogarBear
08-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Precisely.

Medvedenko
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah it was close....27 points....closer than anyone so far at the tourny...Still, Mexico shot lights out and our gunners didn't have a great game shooting from 3 land. Also, the USA teams top guys barely played 24 min's each. A moral victory. I just hope the boys run over Carlos Arroyo....

v2freak
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
If a game were played to where the first to reach 1000 points wins, then 27 points isn't that bad

saporvida
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Precisely.

whatever shoog. my logic would def win in regards to defining 27pts as a blowout.

Sense
08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
i dont get it. so just because you think mx isnt a great team you still dont consider a 27pt one sided game a blowout? so lets say mx was a great team and still got blownout by 27pts would you then consider it a blowout?

a blowout is a blowout regardless of talent and skill. you never know how a team is going to match up vs another.

I think Mexico played the best against the U.S. out of all the other teams the U.S. team played.... they played with the potential to actually make it dangerously close... but it asked for too much...

I just find it odd that Mexico has gotten closer than other teams at making it close..

they don't have an NBA player in the bunch.

ShoogarBear
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM
whatever shoog. my logic would def win in regards to defining 27pts as a blowout.Let us review:

when it was expected that the mavs would get past the #8 seed with ease.... losing by 25pts in game 6 was keeping it close.
JamStone: hey, when a crummy team doesn't lose anywhere near as bad as everyone expected, that's a good showing for them.

saporvida: Yeah, that's just like when a highly favored team loses.

I feel dizzy from all this spinning.

saporvida
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Let us review:

JamStone: hey, when a crummy team doesn't lose anywhere near as bad as everyone expected, that's a good showing for them.

saporvida: Yeah, that's just like when a highly favored team loses.

i didnt favor the mavs and thats all that counts... :downspin:

E20
08-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I heard this small mexican dude crossed kobe and nailed a three in his eye and then made the FT after being fouled him.