PDA

View Full Version : Rockets point guard Alston arrested in New York (Rafer Alston)

oligarchy
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5089192.html

Rafer Alston's long, hot summer continues. The Rockets point guard was arrested early Monday morning in New York City on charges he slashed a man's throat inside a nightclub.

It was the second bust in three weeks for the 31-year-old Alston, who was arrested on Aug. 5 in Houston following a confrontation with a parking attendant after his car was towed.

The latest incident occurred when a member of Alston's entourage got into an argument with 41-year-old Wilbert Ashman at a trendy nightclub called Stereo, according to the New York Post and Daily News.

The argument turned into a brawl and, according to Ashman, he was slashed on the right side of his neck. Alston was arrested and Ashman later picked him out of a police lineup.

"I'm really upset about it," Ashman's wife told the Daily News. "I can't believe it. I was like, 'Oh, my God, your throat.' "

Alston was unavailable for comment. The Rockets are preparing a statement.

A bouncer at the nightclub told the Daily News that Alston and his brother were involved in a fight, but that nobody was stabbed.

The previous arrest came after Alston reportedly shook and spit in the face of a downtown Houston parking attendant after becoming angry that his car had been towed. Alston said then that the charges were exaggerated by "individuals who stand to profit."

Alston is an eight-year NBA veteran and just finished his second season with the Rockets, where he started all 82 regular season and all seven playoff games. Alston averaged 13.3 points and 5.4 assists and played more minutes than anyone else on the team during the 2006-07 season.

Since the end of the season, the Rockets have traded for Mike James, drafted Aaron Brooks and signed free agent Steve Francis, all to compete for Alston's job.

tlongII
08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
What an idiot! Hopefully the Rockets get smart and give his minutes to Aaron Brooks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2994735

mardigan
08-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Good thing he didnt stab a dog

JamStone
08-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Slashing someone's throat????

Uhhhh, I'm gonna predict he's going to have a hard time finding a team that will want to trade for him or pick him up if Houston buys him out.

Rafe, it was a pretty good career for a pick-up baller. See you on "where are they now?" TV shows.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Or hundreds of them.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-28-2007, 03:32 PM
What the fuck is he doing with a knife to begin with? Fucking idiot

ChumpDumper
08-28-2007, 03:34 PM
The Rockets are going all the way, baby!

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Time for him to Skip to the Loony Bin. The second the words "knife" and "throat" start appearing in the same sentence in stories about you it's time to sit down and take a good hard look at your life.

On the plus side the Rockets guard rotation looks a little clearer.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2007, 05:17 PM
On the plus side the Rockets guard rotation looks a little clearer.
Yeah, I predicted drama from that roster, but not this early.

leroyjenkins
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
could the rockets break his contract for this?

atxrocker
08-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Good thing he didnt stab a dog

:lol no shit. everyone would be all over this story if so. this thread would be an easy 3 pages by now if he had.

duncan228
08-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm so glad I'm a Spurs fan.

This stuff just doesn't happen to our guys.

The Spurs are smarter on and off the court.

Steve Irwin
08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I am defending my boy!

that cat is raw!

Phil Hellmuth
08-28-2007, 11:18 PM
^ full of poor taste and doesn't understand when something gets humorously stale (even if it is not humorous)

atxrocker
08-28-2007, 11:53 PM
why do people suddenly value human life so much less than that of an animal?

MaNuMaNiAc
08-29-2007, 12:23 AM
why do people suddenly value human life so much less than that of an animal?oh just shut the fuck up already! Nobody here is condoning what this jackass did, but whatever Alston did or did not do, that still doesn't make what Vick did any less fucked up!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 12:57 AM
What did you expect?

The scouting report on Rafer says he's a slashing point guard.

Whisky Dog
08-29-2007, 01:13 AM

:lmao The guy didn't die, he has a cut on the side of his neck. You're just looking for a place to put that in, but you chose poorly. My advice - get over the Vick thing, he's going to jail because of the illegal gambling aspects and the non-tax payment from those activities. The government doesn't like when people don't pay taxes on gambling winnings. The dogfighting was just a lightning rod for the media and PETA.

Whisky Dog
08-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Besides, why are you crying now about devalued human life? Human life hasn't meant shit to people in power since the dawn of human civilization.

Roxsfan
08-29-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm so glad I'm a Spurs fan.

This stuff just doesn't happen to our guys.

The Spurs are smarter on and off the court.

Wow, you need this to reaffirm your love for the spurs.....

our guys are so perfect, blah, blah, blah

shit happens, get over it.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Tell that to the guy who got his neck slashed.

E20
08-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Play pro basketball, make millions, fuck bitches everyday or slash a guys throat..............decisions, decisions, gotta weight in the options to see which one is more important.

These are just some of the options Pro sports players have to make everyday.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-29-2007, 07:46 AM

u seemed to really give a shit aabout human life wen you posted this (in reference to Own Wilson's suicide attempt):

i just think it's funny that i'm supposed to give a shit that some millionaire hollywood playboy is taking a fall. boo fucking hoo. maybe i'm not being compassionate but this shit happens all the time. okay, depression is a serious issue. it hits everyone. i guess i just tend to feel less sorry for the guy who gets it when his problems are how he's going to spend his millions or what his latest role is gonna be

MaNuMaNiAc
08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
u seemed to really give a shit aabout human life wen you posted this (in reference to Own Wilson's suicide attempt)::lol

PWNED!

oligarchy
08-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow, you need this to reaffirm your love for the spurs.....

our guys are so perfect, blah, blah, blah

shit happens, get over it.

Shit happens? Is he just the unluckiest guy? Two incidents in a matter of weeks. Seriously, it could've happened to anyone. :rolleyes

Flopper
08-29-2007, 08:39 AM
meh, I still believe that fucker made up the slashing of the neck to get some money.

Shred
08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
A NBA player arrested for drugs/stabbing/shooting is about as shocking as a closeted gay Republican politician getting busted in a men's room.

Mister Sinister
08-29-2007, 09:48 AM
A NBA player arrested for drugs/stabbing/shooting is about as shocking as a closeted gay Republican politician getting busted in a men's room.
But the former is nowhere near as funny as the latter.

mardigan
08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Im starting to think this is fake, there are so many holes in this guys story, I think its bullshit

Soul_Patch
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey...he can always go back to the And1 Circuit.

Roxsfan
08-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Tell that to the guy who got his neck slashed.

wow, has rafer been convicted of a crime?

it's hearsay. He's getting in trouble to lower his stock so that he's not traded, while teams in need hope and wait to see him released.

Roxsfan
08-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Shit happens? Is he just the unluckiest guy? Two incidents in a matter of weeks. Seriously, it could've happened to anyone. :rolleyes

shit happens, deal with it.