PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Crasher Steals at Reception

duncan228
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Is nothing sacred?
He fucking stole their wedding presents!
I bet he ate the dinner too! :lol

http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pub&dt=070828&cat=strange&st=stranged8ra43h80&src=ap

Wedding Crasher Steals at Reception

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (AP) - Anthony and Jennifer Smith left for their Florida honeymoon earlier this month thinking they'd have plenty of cash gifts to tally up after their trip.

But when the newlyweds returned, some bad news was waiting: Most of their wedding money was stolen by an envelope-snatching thief who crashed their reception without anybody noticing.

"You never think it's going to happen, you know, to you," Anthony Smith said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "You're celebrating, having a good time, and then you go on your honeymoon and you find out some guy just decides he needs to take everything."

The well-dressed man is believed to have made off with as much as $1,500 in cash gifts, police said.

He was recorded on a surveillance tape approaching a box containing gift envelopes at the Smiths' Aug. 17 wedding reception. He first approached the box with an envelope of his own, but rather than put it in, he walked away. Then he returned and grabbed the box's envelopes.

"He just went straight for the money," Jennifer Smith said.

The thief even knew to wear a blue and burgundy outfit -just like the clothes worn by members of the wedding party, she said.

"Maybe he found out from a guest?" she said. "We're not exactly sure."

exstatic
08-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Giving cash is just stupid. Write a check.

ShoogarBear
08-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Clearly this wasn't a Mafia wedding.

duncan228
08-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Giving cash is just stupid. Write a check.

The article was also in my local newspaper, it said there were gift cards as well as cash and checks.

I agree on giving checks instead of cash but I've done gift cards too.

Whisky Dog
08-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Leaving $1500 in cash out in the open is more stupid.

T Park
08-29-2007, 01:56 AM
wonder if he went by Phineus and said upon entering "Were gonna get Drunk"

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Probably one of the bride's ex-boyfriends.

Soul_Patch
08-29-2007, 11:06 AM
wonder if he went with the "Brothers from Vermont that own a Maple Syrup Congolmerate line"....that one always works.

Oh, Gee!!
08-29-2007, 11:14 AM
and then tragically he slit his wrists and ate a bunch of pills

mrsmaalox
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
That actually happened at my wedding. That whole "Wishing Well" thing just taken. The usher who was supposed to be watching it was distracted by, I believe it was a GameBoy. Police suspected it was an inside job--probably a hotel employee. By the time we got back from our honeymoon, my parents had contacted most of the people and the ones who wrote checks were kind enough to replace them! We paid off one of my husband's student loans!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Damn you Roger!

Cant_Be_Mated
08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
hee hee i make $3k a month i am richhhh beottcccch