PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated NFL Scouting Reports for the 2007-08 season

flipcritic
08-29-2007, 12:30 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2007/scouting.report/

Whisky Dog
08-29-2007, 01:24 AM
No way there are 3 12-4 teams and that many 11-5. The Eagles will be lucky to be 10-6.

The Saints were a fluke on D last year and the D will get exposed this year. Not good enough.

The Chargers are a legitimate choice for the SB, but now they're climbing a steep uphill climb just to overcome being picked by the never right stupidity at SI.

kskonn
08-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Yea I don't think that the Bears will be 11-5, they will drop off a lot this year. I think the eagles will be more around 10-6 or 9-7. The saints will not have as good of a year as last year, to me they are going throught what the Bengalse did, 1 really good year where everything went right for their defense this year will be the test for them.

Chris
08-29-2007, 10:41 AM
ROFL at Eagles 11-5!!! :rollin

Bigzax
08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Washington 6-10? WTF?

Jason Campbell bout to drop bombs...

stretch
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
ROFL at Eagles 11-5!!! :rollin
What is so funny about that? They have a very good team.

kskonn
08-30-2007, 06:07 PM
What is so funny about that? They have a very good team.

I don't think it is out of the question but I also persobally don't feel it will happen. When it comes to the NFC you can pretty much make a case for a number of teams that could go 11-5.

i also think Washington will do better than 6-10. just a hunch thought.

DNS Error
08-30-2007, 10:04 PM
its the damn NFC...

who's to say tarvaris jackson wont channel 04 culpepper and make the vikings one of the best teams in the league...

yeah I know thats asking a lot...of course it wont happen, just saying...

but personally I think previews are gay. I mean, Manning or Brady goes down, and those teams instantly drop as Super Bowl favs.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
The Patriots are seriously going to rip a new asshole for everyone this year. They are that fucking good. Moss will be rejuvinated and that D will be shutting folks down. Pats will have a top 5 offense and defense this season, finish 15-1 or 14-2 and DOMINATE with little to no drama in the postseason. I would be shocked if the Pats lost more than 3 games.

mardigan
09-05-2007, 05:18 PM
The Patriots are seriously going to rip a new asshole for everyone this year. They are that fucking good. Moss will be rejuvinated and that D will be shutting folks down. Pats will have a top 5 offense and defense this season, finish 15-1 or 14-2 and DOMINATE with little to no drama in the postseason. I would be shocked if the Pats lost more than 3 games.
This reminds me of your NBA preview of the Mavs

Dirk Nowitzki
09-05-2007, 05:26 PM
This reminds me of your NBA preview of the Mavs

Thing is the Patriots have been there before while I cant say the same for the Mavs. Seriously who can even hang with this Pats team? At best the Chargers MIGHT but they have fucking Norv Turner. Brady has one of the best wideouts by his side and weapons unlike before. The D is just disgusting as is their special teams. They have the best coach in the league. This team is so sick with talent in all areas and they know how to use it. Good luck to anyone who can even give them a serious fight.

mardigan
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Thing is the Patriots have been there before while I cant say the same for the Mavs. Seriously who can even hang with this Pats team? At best the Chargers MIGHT but they have fucking Norv Turner. Brady has one of the best wideouts by his side and weapons unlike before. The D is just disgusting as is their special teams. They have the best coach in the league. This team is so sick with talent in all areas and they know how to use it. Good luck to anyone who can even give them a serious fight.
They were their the year before :lol
And in the AFC, their are so many good teames, tha I wouldnt take for granted that any team will be in the SB.
Ravens, Bolts, Colts, Pats are all good enough to get there

Whisky Dog
09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I keep hearing about how Randy Moss is the next big thing for Tom Brady and the Pats, but the thing is Brady doesn't make a star out of any receivers. He spreads the ball around and takes advantage of the short to mid-range routes since he doesn't throw the best deep ball. I fail to see how a straight ahead deep threat like Moss is going to be a big help to a QB who doesn't throw a great deep ball. Also, with Brady spreading the ball around is Moss going to get enough throws his way to be happy? Or is he going to get frustrated and cause problems?

Plus, they don't have Seymore or Harrison for the first few games. It's also a question now how Harrison will be without his HGH. A lot of questions on the Pats.

TheSanityAnnex
09-05-2007, 09:06 PM
TSeriously who can even hang with this Pats team? At best the Chargers MIGHT but they have fucking Norv Turner. Brady has one of the best wideouts by his side and weapons unlike before. If the Chargers hold on to ONE interception at the end of the game instead of fumbling it, we wouldn't be talking about the Patriots at all. If the Chargers don't fumble ONE punt return at the end of the game, we wouldn't be talking about the Patriots. If the Chargers don't committ ONE stupid personal foul at the end of the game, we wouldn't be talking about the Patriots. Now please explain to me why then the Chargers MIGHT have a chance? No way in hell they hand over another football game like they did last year vs. the Patriots. I'm more worried about the Chargers playing the Ravens, Colts, and Bengals this year. I expect the Chargers to give the Patriots a nice raping at Foxboro.

And Randy Moss one of the best wideouts? :lol Welcome back to 2000.

Vinnie_Johnson
09-05-2007, 10:16 PM
What The Lions are not winning the whole thing?