PDA

View Full Version : Dog inherits millions of dollars.

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Twelve million to be exact. :dizzy

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070829/helmsley_s_pooch.html?.v=1

Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will

Wednesday August 29, 6:12 am ET

Helmsley Dog Gets $12 Million, but Real Estate Billionaire Leaves Nothing to 2 Grandchildren

NEW YORK (AP) -- Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

She also left millions for her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, who was named to care for Trouble in her absence, as well as two of four grandchildren from her late son Jay Panzirer -- so long as they visit their father's grave site once each calendar year.

Otherwise, she wrote, neither will get a penny of the $5 million she left for each.

Helmsley left nothing to two of Jay Panzirer's other children -- Craig and Meegan Panzirer -- for "reasons that are known to them," she wrote.

But no one made out better than Trouble, who once appeared in ads for the Helmsley Hotels, and lived up to her name by biting a housekeeper.

"I direct that when my dog, Trouble, dies, her remains shall be buried next to my remains in the Helmsley mausoleum," Helmsley wrote in her will.

The mausoleum, she ordered, must be "washed or steam-cleaned at least once a year." She left behind $3 million for the upkeep of her final resting place in Westchester County, where she is buried with her husband, Harry Helmsley.

She also left her chauffeur, Nicholas Celea, $100,000.

She ordered that cash from sales of the Helmsley's residences and belongings, reported to be worth billions, be sold and that the money be given to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.

Her longtime spokesman, Howard Rubenstein, had no comment.

Helmsley died earlier this month at her Connecticut home. She became known as a symbol of 1980s greed and earned the nickname "the Queen of Mean" after her 1988 indictment and subsequent conviction for tax evasion. One employee had quoted her as snarling, "Only the little people pay taxes."

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
She also left millions for her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, who was named to care for Trouble in her absence, as well as two of four grandchildren from her late son Jay Panzirer -- so long as they visit their father's grave site once each calendar year.

I wonder whose task it will be to oversee that the yearly graveside visits take place?

Helmsley left nothing to two of Jay Panzirer's other children -- Craig and Meegan Panzirer -- for "reasons that are known to them," she wrote.

Ouch!

Helmsley died earlier this month at her Connecticut home. She became known as a symbol of 1980s greed and earned the nickname "the Queen of Mean" after her 1988 indictment and subsequent conviction for tax evasion.

Indeed.
No pun intended. :lol

mardigan
08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
This is the stupidest shit Ive ever heard

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
This is the stupidest shit Ive ever heard

Yep.

You just know Beth is going to use it to buy bigger breasts.

BacktoBasics
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Fucking people are stupid. God forbid she put the money to good use.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Twelve million to be exact. :dizzy

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070829/helmsley_s_pooch.html?.v=1

Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will

Wednesday August 29, 6:12 am ET

Helmsley Dog Gets $12 Million, but Real Estate Billionaire Leaves Nothing to 2 Grandchildren

NEW YORK (AP) -- Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

Otherwise, she wrote, neither will get a penny of the $5 million she left for each.

But no one made out better than Trouble, who once appeared in ads for the Helmsley Hotels, and lived up to her name by biting a housekeeper.

"I direct that when my dog, Trouble, dies, her remains shall be buried next to my remains in the Helmsley mausoleum," Helmsley wrote in her will.

The mausoleum, she ordered, must be "washed or steam-cleaned at least once a year." She left behind $3 million for the upkeep of her final resting place in Westchester County, where she is buried with her husband, Harry Helmsley.

She also left her chauffeur, Nicholas Celea, $100,000.

She ordered that cash from sales of the Helmsley's residences and belongings, reported to be worth billions, be sold and that the money be given to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.

Her longtime spokesman, Howard Rubenstein, had no comment.

Helmsley died earlier this month at her Connecticut home. She became known as a symbol of 1980s greed and earned the nickname "the Queen of Mean" after her 1988 indictment and subsequent conviction for tax evasion. One employee had quoted her as snarling, "Only the little people pay taxes."white people.

Shelly
08-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Even in death, Leona stll rules as the Queen of Mean

Taco
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8485/richbod1.jpg

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 12:14 PM
http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/Leona%20Helmsley.jpg

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 12:15 PM
You know there's a gang of pit bulls just waiting to catch that dog on the streets.

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 12:17 PM
People criticize Michael Vick for what he did to dogs.

People criticize Leona Helmsley for what she did to dogs.

It's so confusing. :dizzy

mardigan
08-29-2007, 12:17 PM
http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/Leona%20Helmsley.jpg
Thanks for giving me nightmares forever

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I still say she was the best choice for Joker in The Dark Knight.

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I still say she was the best choice for Joker in The Dark Knight.

She looks more like Cruella.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Could Leona escape the pass rush?

Michael Vick
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM

I'm changing my will as we speak.

Triumph
08-29-2007, 12:26 PM
look at the bright side. at least the bitch is dead.

LuvBones
08-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Rich bitch! :lol

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 12:28 PM
This the first time having Trouble ever made anyone happy. :lol

mrsmaalox
08-29-2007, 12:29 PM
She looks more like Cruella.
I believe she was a very beautiful model when she married the rich old man.

LuvBones
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
lol Angel, the first thing I thought when I saw the pic was Cruella Deville.

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
lol Angel, the first thing I thought when I saw the pic was Cruella Deville.

Great minds. :)

Pretty new avatar pic, btw.

LuvBones
08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks! :)

mrsmaalox
08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I was just wondering, does that dog have a will? What happens to his money when he dies? Who are his heirs?

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I was just wondering, does that dog have a will? What happens to his money when he dies? Who are his heirs?

I wondered that too. My guess is the dog's guardian takes all. And who better to watch over the dear little thing than Angel? :angel :)

mrsmaalox
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I wondered that too. My guess is the dog's guardian takes all. And who better to watch over the dear little thing than Angel? :angel :)
I think that would be appropriate. Who do we call about this matter? :clap

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I think that would be appropriate. Who do we call about this matter? :clap

Get me the dog and I will give you a million ( pennies) as a thank you. :lol :)

lebomb
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
That 12mil could have fed a hell of alot of homeless people.......or helped out those in need of food, clothing and shelter.

I just dont understand some people.....they put more value on an animal than a human being.

That bitch will pay in the pits of satans den.

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Actually, Helmsley apparently gave away quite a bit to charity when she was alive.

Still, obviously a very strange person.

T Park
08-29-2007, 02:39 PM
That 12mil could have fed a hell of alot of homeless people.......or helped out those in need of food, clothing and shelter.

I just dont understand some people.....they put more value on an animal than a human being.

Ah so now we should dictate how people should leave their money?

Wonderfull....

Richard Cranium
08-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Wonderfull....

:lol

I've always wondered what I did to people for them to think I'm a bad guy.

Hilarious.

Still wondering?

SpursWoman
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Trouble's Lawyer-LLC
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Get me the dog and I will give you a million ( pennies) as a thank you. :lol :)

To Ms. "Angel_luv," and other similarly situated John/Jane Does:

We must demand that you and other on this board cease and desist from making such outrageous statements and threats regarding my client. As you may be aware we provide legal representation for Trouble Helmsley who has very deep pockets which which to pursue troublemakers such as yourself.

Yours very sincerely,

Trouble's Laywers, L.L.C.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
"...from making suck outrageous..."

lebomb
08-29-2007, 03:31 PM

Wonderfull....

Pssssssst......she can shove it up her dead ass for all I care....but to leave it with a DOG is fucking idiotic.

Trouble's Lawyer-LLC
08-29-2007, 03:33 PM
"...from making suck outrageous..."

So sue us. We are a legal firm, not a spell checking service.

lebomb
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
When I die......Im going to leave my cash to my left testicle......about as much sense as leaving it to a dog.

That dog would rather have one plate full of kibbles and bit than money. He doesnt even know WTF money is??? LOL

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
So sue us. We are a legal firm, not a spell checking service.

I plan to. You'll be hearing from my attorney, Mr. Shoog R. Bear, shortly.

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Dammit, Blaze, I'm a quack, not a shyster!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Dammit, Blaze, I'm a quack, not a shyster!

Damnit, Shoog... I had a similar response at the ready for your inevitable response.

resistanze
08-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Bart: Is there a doggie hell?
Homer: Well... Of course, there couldn't be a heaven if there weren't a hell.
Bart: Who's in there?
Homer: Oh, uh... Hitler's dog... and that dog Nixon had, what's his name,
um, Chester...
Lisa: [annoyed] Checkers.
Homer: Yeah! One of the Lassies is in there, too. The mean one!
The one that mauled Jimmy!

Bigzax
08-29-2007, 03:56 PM
timmy!

Bigzax
08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Pssssssst......she can shove it up her dead ass for all I care....

:lol

i hope it's an open casket... :greedy

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
To Ms. "Angel_luv," and other similarly situated John/Jane Does:

We must demand that you and other on this board cease and desist from making such outrageous statements and threats regarding my client. As you may be aware we provide legal representation for Trouble Helmsley who has very deep pockets which which to pursue troublemakers such as yourself.

Yours very sincerely,

Trouble's Laywers, L.L.C.

Does Trouble care to share the contents of her deep pockets?
Or can I at least dog sit her.

That way when the cranky thing bites me like she did the house keeper, I can sue her for all she is worth. :)

ShoogarBear
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
That way when the cranky thing bites me like she did the house keeper, I can sue her for all she is worth. :)This is actually a brilliant idea.

JoeChalupa
08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
She did give quite a bit to charity and doggone it she can do what she wishes.

angel_luv
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
She did give quite a bit to charity and doggone it she can do what she wishes.

The money is doggone :lol

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Trouble for Helmsley's dog Trouble

NEW YORK (AP) -- It seems trouble is following Trouble, Leona Helmsley's beloved pooch.
The late hotelier left the eight-year-old Maltese $12 million and asked her brother to see to it that her pampered canine live out her life in the lap of luxury.

But apparently that brother, Alvin Rosenthal, to whom Helmsley left $15 million and a percentage of her charitable trust, is not interested.

The New York Post, citing an unidentified source, reported Tuesday that Rosenthal, 80, expressed no interest in caring for Trouble. Whether her grandson David Panzirer, Helmsley's second choice, would step in was not known.

A message left Tuesday for an A. Rosenthal in Manhattan was not immediately returned. Someone answering the phone at Panzirer's home in Westchester said he was not home.

The dog is currently living at the Helmsley's Connecticut estate, being cared for by staffers at the 28-room mansion.

It was also Helmsley's wish that Trouble someday be interred with her at the Helmsley mausoleum at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.

But that isn't to be either. The cemetery says state law forbids animal remains to be buried in human graveyards. Helmsley died last month at age 87.

An even bigger legal headache could turn out to be Trouble's huge $12 million inheritance.

Helmsley's former housekeeper claims the dog bit her numerous times during her three-month job with the hotel queen, and now she wants a bite of that money.

The housekeeper, Zamfira Sfara, 48, had sued her employer in 2004 over one of those bites, but lost the case when a judge ruled Helmsley was protected from liability under the Workers Compensation Law.

Sfara's son, Remus Pop, told The New York Times this week that his mother was asking lawyers to look at going after Trouble's inheritance.

"That is the next step," Pop told the Times. "That dog got money. That money is going to be taken away from that dog."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/09/05/helmsley.dog.ap/index.html

ATRAIN
09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Gives the Term Lucky Dog a whole new meaning

Viva Las Espuelas
09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
someone needs to give that dog a big bar of chocolate and a big bowl of chocolate milk.

ATRAIN
09-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Great minds. :)

Pretty new avatar pic, btw.

Yeah its nice, is that your good side? I never got the whole good side bad side thing.