PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette Question

Soul_Patch
08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
This is sort of a spammy question, but i figure id get some experienced responses.

If you have shown your house, to a realtor and clients, and they left a card on your table.

Is it against selling etiquite to call that agent and ask if they had any feedback on the house. Such as, things to do to show better? things the clients may have mentioned they like or dislike? Should you do this? or is it faux pax?

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
This is sort of a spammy question, but i figure id get some experienced responses.

If you have shown your house, to a realtor and clients, and they left a card on your table.

Is it against selling etiquite to call that agent and ask if they had any feedback on the house. Such as, things to do to show better? things the clients may have mentioned they like or dislike? Should you do this? or is it faux pax?

I can't say I would honestly know if it's proper etiquette or not, but I fail to see a problem in finding out more info from the agent. You're trying to sell, they're trying to buy and leaving a card is an indirect invitation to use it when necessary.

Go for it.

thispego
08-29-2007, 04:05 PM
ehhh, how and why would that ever be innapropriate?

Soul_Patch
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I dunno. Im not sure if buyers are supposed to stay out of it, and only realtors talk to each other...not sure...sometimes there are unwritten rules about that kinda stuff.

Shelly
08-29-2007, 04:18 PM
The showing realtor usually tells your realtor what the feedback was. Call YOUR realtor, not the buyer's.

CavsSuperFan
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Soul Patch -I think your question is very astute...

Realtors have their private networks & can pick up on comments and information unknown to buyers or sellers...Send the realtor flowers if you think it will help...

I once helped a realtor wash his truck on a slooow open house & walked away with a wealth of information....

2Blonde
08-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Soul,
Your realtor should give you access to a special website they use that lets you get the feedback. It's that Centralized Showing system. They give you a password and you can go in anytime your house has been shown and see what the other realtor has to say on behalf of their clients. Sometimes it takes a couple of days for them to enter the info. If they don't ever enter it then call your realtor and have him/her check.

CuckingFunt
08-29-2007, 08:36 PM

Is it against selling etiquite to call that agent and ask if they had any feedback on the house. Such as, things to do to show better? things the clients may have mentioned they like or dislike? Should you do this? or is it faux pax?Faux pas. Cards are left after a showing as a courtesy, but calling a prospective buyer's agent is a major boundary crossing in the real estate world.

Can sometimes even go so far as to effect the amount of work your agent is willing to do to get your house sold, because they won't want to knock themselves out for a client that's going to go behind their back and potentially cut them out of a commission.

marini martini
08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I thought you were trying to sell it on your own. If so, who gaf? :toast Just get rid of the doggie schmell :oops

SequSpur
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
rule #1 don't post a picture of your cluttered desk on MLS...

BigBeezie
08-30-2007, 01:37 PM
My friend's realtor gave him a lot of feedback. The company also sent an interior decorator over to help them with a few tips they could try for cheap.

I would just call the person.

2Blonde
08-30-2007, 02:57 PM

:rolleyes

tlongII
08-30-2007, 03:01 PM

:lmao