PDA

View Full Version : Nail Salons

cherylsteele
08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Do any of you other ladies know of a good nail salon?
One where the workers speak english and not vietnamese where all they say is
"Twenty dalla"

I was going to one but the lady who ran sold it to someone else and now ti is impossible to explain to the people what I want.

Cant_Be_Mated
08-29-2007, 08:11 PM
do it yourself i saiddddddd

Sunshine
08-29-2007, 08:18 PM
The only thing I can suggest is going to a "mainstream" salon or spa that offers pedicures and manicures, etc. The only time I got a pedicure at a non-viet namese owned salon, it was $40 instead of $25.

SpursWoman
08-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Do any of you other ladies know of a good nail salon?
One where the workers speak english and not vietnamese where all they say is
"Twenty dalla"

I don't know any Vietnamese ones, but I know where you can find an enormously obese, flaming Chinese man who talks on his cell phone (in Chinese, of course) the whole time he's doing them. :lol

Kori Ellis
08-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I have tried a bunch of the fancy salons here in town to get acrylics or solar nails and none of them have been that great. The longest lasting nails and best service I've gotten in San Antonio has been at Regal Nails which is inside Wal-Mart. :lol

mrsmaalox
08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I get my pedicures/manicures at Mims Beauty School on Blanco. It's a bit out of our way but it is the cheapest I've found that I like. Only the senior students work there and the instructors, who are really neat ladies, are always there. I don't do the fake nail thing, but one of my lunch buddies does and she's always happy with them. The atmosphere is fun, chatty and the girls are all really sweet.They do waxing and facials too, but I've never gotten my hair done there, just because I have a regular stylist. My lunch buddies haven't had their hair done either.

marini martini
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I have tried a bunch of the fancy salons here in town to get acrylics or solar nails and none of them have been that great. The longest lasting nails and best service I've gotten in San Antonio has been at Regal Nails which is inside Wal-Mart. :lol

Unfortunately, that is the last place I went to before Mim's. Who told me, that thanks to Regal, I now have a fungus on my big toe :cry So am doing my own frickin' pedicures :madrun
Sheeit :madrun It's clearing up though, I promise :toast

Sunshine
08-29-2007, 09:21 PM
I gave up acrylics years ago, but do like to treat myself to a pedicure about once a month during the summer months. I've been going to Encino Nail in the HEB shopping center on 281 and Evans. Same lady has done mine each time I've gone and she does a great job.

cherylsteele
08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I get my pedicures/manicures at Mims Beauty School on Blanco. It's a bit out of our way but it is the cheapest I've found that I like. Only the senior students work there and the instructors, who are really neat ladies, are always there. I don't do the fake nail thing, but one of my lunch buddies does and she's always happy with them. The atmosphere is fun, chatty and the girls are all really sweet.They do waxing and facials too, but I've never gotten my hair done there, just because I have a regular stylist. My lunch buddies haven't had their hair done either.
I never even thought about a beauty college....good idea I'll check it out.

Thanx

I have tried a bunch of the fancy salons here in town to get acrylics or solar nails and none of them have been that great. The longest lasting nails and best service I've gotten in San Antonio has been at Regal Nails which is inside Wal-Mart.
I tried Wal-Mart on Mainland awhile back....it took them the better part of
2 1/2 hrs just to do fills. I told them by the time they got done, my own nails would be long enough it took them so long to do.

The main stream ones might not be too bad either.

The place I was going was Anna's Nails, which happened to be right across the street from Tiffany's Cabaret....they sold their salon.

Kori Ellis
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I gave up acrylics years ago, but do like to treat myself to a pedicure about once a month during the summer months. I've been going to Encino Nail in the HEB shopping center on 281 and Evans. Same lady has done mine each time I've gone and she does a great job.

I used to go there when we lived by it. You are right - they do a nice job.

Silver21_Black20
08-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I get my pedicures at Quarry Nails. It is at a shopping ctr across the street from Brooks City Base.

marini martini
08-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I get my pedicures at Quarry Nails. It is at a shopping ctr across the street from Brooks City Base.
Quarry Nails? Now I am really confused :toast

Silver21_Black20
08-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Quarry Nails? Now I am really confused :toast

:lol I think it is Quarry Nails II.

CuckingFunt
08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I've never once gotten my nails did.

Neither the mani, nor the pedi.

mrsmaalox
08-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I've never once gotten my nails did.

Neither the mani, nor the pedi.
It's a nicetreat. Then later that night when we are in bed I rub my feet all over my hubby and it makes him CRAZY! :eyebrows

Sunshine
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Cheryl....I had my hair highlighted at Beauty First in the HEB shopping center at 1604 and 281 and they have nail techs! The one who was working on a lady while I was there was a non Vietnamese who seemed to speak perfect English! lol

If that's not on your side of town, I think there is also a Beauty First over off of I-10, kinda between Huebner and De Zavala, in that area.

Anyway, you might call and see what their prices are.

cherylsteele
08-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Cheryl....I had my hair highlighted at Beauty First in the HEB shopping center at 1604 and 281 and they have nail techs! The one who was working on a lady while I was there was a non Vietnamese who seemed to speak perfect English! lol

If that's not on your side of town, I think there is also a Beauty First over off of I-10, kinda between Huebner and De Zavala, in that area.

Anyway, you might call and see what their prices are.
Thanx...I'll give them a call tomorrow.