PDA

View Full Version : Henry's child support judgment with 7 won't get him in trouble with NFL

ducks
08-30-2007, 10:18 AM
By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
August 29, 2007

AP - Aug 29, 4:45 pm EDT
More Photos

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry's child support judgments might expose him to catcalls across the league this season, but they don't put him in line for disciplinary action by the NFL.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported over the weekend that court documents in a Georgia child support case show Henry, 28, has fathered nine children by nine women in four southern states and has been ordered to pay child support for seven of them.

He also had to borrow money from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, to fulfill one of those judgments, according to court records.

The revelations came in a case in which a judge in DeKalb County, Ga., last week ordered Henry to provide $3,000 a month and fund a $250,000 trust by the spring for a boy he fathered out of wedlock three years ago with Jameshia Beacham, now 29.

The league has clamped down on off-field misbehavior under commissioner Roger Goodell. But the newly implemented personal conduct policy "generally covers criminal violations, not civil matters" such as Henry's, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Henry was suspended four games in 2005 by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Henry signed a five-year, $22.5 million free agent contract with the Broncos this offseason after the Titans released him in a cost-cutting move.

He has said all week that he would take "football only" questions and has not commented about the case after speaking to the Denver Post on Saturday night.

"A lot of stuff that's been put out there isn't true, but I'm not going to get into that right now," Henry told the newspaper. "The important thing is I want to take care of my kids really and truly. It's all good."

Henry returned to practice this week after spraining his left knee in a game at Dallas two weeks ago. He'll sit out the Broncos' exhibition finale against Arizona on Thursday night but said he'll be ready for the opener at Buffalo on Sept. 9.

degenerate_gambler
08-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Jeez, is he in a contest with Evander Holyfield and Shawn Kemp?

johnsmith
08-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Jeez, is he in a contest with Evander Holyfield and Shawn Kemp?

Fuck that, I think he blew them away.

mikejones99
08-30-2007, 06:51 PM
why cant whores get money for themselves instead of trying to steal it from rich fuckers? I hope he gets 2000 yards and buys some condoms.

TheTruth
08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
i guess it could be worse. he could be killing dogs.

Steve Irwin
08-30-2007, 07:27 PM
this nigga is on my fantasy team

he better put up some fucking numbers