PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the past...

Rev Hill
08-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi folks...

Sorry to intrude, but someone emailed me this link recently and I had alot of laughs. I have no idea where they got this link. Brought back alot of funny memories. I just wanted to say hey, I'm alive and ticking and NO, Nuk'em and I are not the same person, never were. Ashwood knew it because he had both of us in studio one morning for a show. In the link, Mr. Ash is correct and I believe I know who he is. We all worked for the same company/same department, thus the IP issue. Alot of time has passed and we all work for different companies now. Nuk'em is doing well and involved with his kids activities, job, etc. He is still is a maniac Spurs fan...

I'm still a huge Spurs fan, but w/ 3 kids all involved in school and athletics, hard to find much time to post anymore...

Hook'em Horns....I'll be in Austin on Saturday.

Take care and I hope all you old "original" posters are alive and doing well.

Amen!

Rev

P.S. Hi Dusty! :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38467

Kori Ellis
08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :lol

I haven't seen your name in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Are you going to actually post regularly?

--Kori

timvp
08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh damn, Rev. Hill, what's up? Long, long time no see.

Rev. Hil goes way back to the beginning of the internets. One of the best posters of the early years. I wondered where you had vanished to.

I assumed Nuke'em retired after "POoP" won so many championships.

:smokin

Welcome back.

=RTM=
08-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I call BS! first off.........

I'm still a huge Spurs fan, but w/ 3 kids all involved in school and athletics, hard to find much time to post anymore...

having kids and working 24/7 is no excuse for not surfing the www.

2nd. Why show up 8 years later?

3rd. The Original RevHill would never make a post w.o saying something negative about the ticket radio.

4th. Have him show up at a gtg bring the kids and we will see if he is the real deal

Das Texan
08-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Rev Hill, thats a name from way way way back when.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Rev Hill
08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I call BS! first off.........

having kids and working 24/7 is no excuse for not surfing the www.

2nd. Why show up 8 years later?

3rd. The Original RevHill would never make a post w.o saying something negative about the ticket radio.

4th. Have him show up at a gtg bring the kids and we will see if he is the real deal

Nope...sorry to dissapoint you, but it is me....even went out and found the same image I used to use, but just can't seem to get the right sizing for the avatar. Any suggestions??

Never said I didn't surf the web, to the contrary, I surf regularly and even run a few websites for my kids select and club teams. I enjoy doing that.

Why show up? Well, it hasn't been 8 years, I don't think....time flies though...like I said, someone sent me that link and it brought back alot of funny memories, so I decided, why not at least drop in and say hi. What disenchanted me regarding forums and really drove me away is probably better left unsaid, but I will just say its a shame when moderators take it too far and issue threats. Serious threats over ridiculous things just didn't add up in my book, and still don't.

Regarding the ticket radio, you mean STSA :lol ? , I listen in when I have the stomach. Seems it's more about the hosts listening to themselves talk than listening to San Antonio talk.

If I can show up at a GTG I may try, but how would you know it's really me any way.:)

Trust me, TimVP, Mouse, DizzG and others remember the the debates, battles and fun we had back in the old days. Ticking off Ashwood, Duel and Garza....at least it got me some fun being in studio one time. I think we bashed everything back then: The ticket, the Monkey, Dusty, Laura Green, PoOp, Jay "Coward", Andy Everett.....man, I'm trying to remember....

If anyone can throw out some of the original posters names, that would help jog my memory...

Amen...

Rev

P.S. Kori, if you don't mind, I will book this as a favorite and chime in every once in a while....

Dave Nuk'em
08-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Wow...Greetings guys.

Rev sent me an invite to this gig.

timvp, POoP is still POoP but don't confuse my slang with not giving him credit. The folks that followed me from the old OAI board to Dust-bags board to the Great Dominion board and the new and cool ClubSpurs.com board and now here know I have given POoP a bunch of credit, especially for putting the team together with great draft pikes and free agent signings. Even on the radio before the ’99 playoffs began, I mentioned the Spurs had a swagger. BTW, that was a lot of fun. For those who don’t remember the Monkey challenged Rev and me to go on the radio and try to out predict their Spurs insider, Laura Green on the first round of the 99 playoffs. I ended up out predicting Laura by one game and Rev by two (sorry Rev I had to get that poke in). For the record, I think POoP has become one of the best coached/GM the NBA has seen, but he had a lot of bumps on the way which we all learn from.

Since I first started posting I have been blessed with 2 amazing kids that eat-up most of my time away from work. We (I coach) have practice Monday through Thursday and then 2 games on the weekend. Thus I don’t have as much free time as I use to, but I promise to I will pop in and out at times, and I encourage everyone here to also visit the ClubSpurs community and if you see a post by “Dusty Nukem” that is me too. It is the only other name I have ever used, and I did it just to get under Dusty Garza’s skin, which I think I did sometimes. :p:

Since the days of the Monkey Ashwood, Laura “the parrot” Green, Jay “the paid mouth” Howard and Dust-bag are gone and the Spurs have proven their dominance and earned their Dynasty title, I can’t help to feel like an old warrior without a battle to fight. I guess that’s not so bad…

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Where the hell is Kluby when you need him?

Extra Stout
08-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Talk about a blast from the past... I haven't seen those guys post since I called myself TrappedinHTown.

timvp
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
If anyone can throw out some of the original posters names, that would help jog my memory...Most everyone from back then is still around . . . although some of them under different names.

For example, the person you quoted is none other than mouse.

:hat

timvp
08-31-2007, 02:02 PM
For the record, I think POoP has become one of the best coached/GM the NBA has seenI never thought I'd live to see the day . . .

Welcome.

angel_luv
08-31-2007, 02:07 PM
To Rev Hill and Dave:

You guys are from before my time. Nice to meet you now. :)

Ocotillo
08-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Good to see these guys again. Now if we could only get Funk Tiger and Ghostwriter to become regulars.

T Park
08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
FUnk Tiger I think wont post ever again.

Ghost will post when its necessary :)

BTW, welcome back guys, I think you guys were going strong when I was lurking and finally decided to come aboard in 01.

Tonto
08-31-2007, 08:05 PM
pale face revhill old school
him from way back in dial up era
tonto proud him man up and post
once again

Dave Nuk'em
09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome back. :ban:

Tonto
09-02-2007, 12:25 AM
pale face dave nuk em get gorilla goat
get him 15 minutes of pale face fame
on ticket 760 radio
make tonto proud

http://www.keyway.ca/jpg/tonto.jpg

cherylsteele
09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Are Dave Nuke'em and Rev. Hill the same ones from WOAI FBZ?

SequSpur
09-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Are Dave Nuke'em and Rev. Hill the same ones from WOAI FBZ?

yes.

Rev Hill
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow...FunK Tiger, Ghost Writer, TrappedNHTown, Mouse, SequaSpur....that is some old school WOAI FBZ originals... I know there were many more.

Thanks for the welcome Tonto and glad to make you proud....

Nuk'em, you always said you out predicted me, but I think you have selective memory. Do you still have the tape of the show? We both out predicted her if I remember. The thing I remember about that show was she seemed alot more nervous than us and she did that for a living. That was fun and I also remember the Gorilla said he didn't think we would show up. Again, those were fun days back then until someone (won't mention names (DG)), went nuts and started playing make believe detective and issuing threats. I still can't believe that, and then him actually telling people we were the same poster when he KNEW personally and technically we weren't. That was hilarious and a shame all together.

Like Nuke, I'm busy w/ my kids, all 3 of them. My oldest (13yr old son), plays select baseball and junior high basketball. My 12 yr old daughter plays club volleyball, junior high volleyball, basketball and softball. And our almost 6 year daughter plays soccer and is looking forward to baseball soon. All of that, plus active in the Church, keeps the family very, very busy, but we are blessed and thankful.

My son and I were at the UT game last night. I have never been to a game where I left more dissapointed, even after a loss. That was pathetic. If Texas plays the same way next week, TCU will role over us. The defense was terrible and I still can't believe we are running the same offense. Defenses have learned not even to worry about McCoy running. Its a terrible thing to watch. We left beginning of the 4th I was so disgusted.

Looking forward to the Spurs season. I think we have a few good seasons left then I'm left to wonder if we will enter a slight rebuilding process. I tell my kids, enjoy this while you can. It took me 34 years of life to get the first championship and in my oldest two's short lifetimes, the Spurs have accumulated 4. :king

Again, I wasn't expecting such a nice welcome back. I can't promise how much I can or will post, but I will try. Thanks and I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well. :clap

Amen.

Rev.

Whottt.
09-02-2007, 11:23 PM
hey rev you remember Crunch? I work for him now. :lmao

He asked me if you remember Long Horn Gene.

Rev Hill
09-03-2007, 07:54 AM
hey rev you remember Crunch? I work for him now. :lmao

He asked me if you remember Long Horn Gene.

I do remember both Crunch and Long Horn Gene...tell them hello for me....

As these names are mentioned it all kinda comes back to you....like a nightmare in a way :lol ...just kidding.

Thanks Whott...tell the gang I'm out of retirement, to some extent, and will try and be around this forum when I can. Seems a good forum and I sincerely do appreciate the welcome back.

Rev.

cherylsteele
09-03-2007, 09:31 PM
yes.
Cool....a blast from the past.

Re-Animator
09-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey Rev!
you remember Gino?

timvp
09-04-2007, 04:48 AM
One of my favorite posters from the FBZ days was purist. What ever happened to that guy?

Dave Nuk'em
09-04-2007, 05:42 PM
purist?! I remember that dude.... This was a good stroll for me.

BTW, Rev..sorry to disappoint, but my memory is intact I still can't believe you picked the Bucks over the Pacers (obviously it was a momentary laps in judgment). I may still have the tape...eeek "tape"...that was a long time ago. I wonder if I still have the games recorded on VHS. :fro

PS: Rev. Do you remember the name of the dude in the studio that was suppose to swoop down like an "Apache Helicopter" if we got too rough for Laura?

Rev Hill
09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
purist?! I remember that dude.... This was a good stroll for me.

BTW, Rev..sorry to disappoint, but my memory is intact I still can't believe you picked the Bucks over the Pacers (obviously it was a momentary laps in judgment). I may still have the tape...eeek "tape"...that was a long time ago. I wonder if I still have the games recorded on VHS. :fro

PS: Rev. Do you remember the name of the dude in the studio that was suppose to swoop down like an "Apache Helicopter" if we got too rough for Laura?

That would be Charlie Parker. I enjoyed the OAI morning show until Pags left and Parker replaced him. Won't that guy ever get off the air??? Bucks over the Pacers? You must have the tape. :lol

Yeah, Purist was another old timer...the names keep coming back....

Steve Perry
09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Was there a guy named Jason Penny?