PDA

View Full Version : Front page of the Phoenix newspapers website........

Louie Vega
08-31-2007, 07:54 PM
had a big picture of Stern with the title " Most wanted man in Arizona". Then went on to talk about how the Suns have the most nationally televised games out of anyone this year. Basically saying that Stern should have rewarded the "most exciting team in the NBA" by not suspending those 2 idiots in the playoffs!

boutons_
08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
You stay classy, Phoenix.

CubanMustGo
08-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Who's obsessed again ?

smahmood26
08-31-2007, 08:45 PM
what am i looking for

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't get it. The only bit of news that concerns me is that the Cardinals cut their third-round pick Buster Davis. What the hell's up with that? You don't cut uber-athletic, all-out hustle 3rd-rounders? If you do, and when you only had five picks in the draft as it is, then you better not be picking one that high.

Great waste of a first-day selection! :pctoss

Everything else appeared to be news that could be found in any other major city on any other occasion.

BTW, what the hell is everyone talking about?

da_suns_fan__
08-31-2007, 09:53 PM
JmarksJohn is an idiot. He doesn't realize that youre all just a bunch of assholes.

Hey Spurs fans we are much too concerned with our NFL and our (first place) MLB teams.

Two more months of offseason. Hope you guys can make it. My teams on Monday Night Football a week from Monday.

:lol :lol

ChumpDumper
08-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Spurs fans....there was not mention of the Suns or Spurs today on any AZ website. Nah, it was there. It's still in my cache.

Here's the blog entry from the AZ website.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/6281

"posted by DanBickley on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 02:23 PM"

Why do you have to lie?

Two more months of offseason. Hope you guys can make it. My teams on Monday Night Football a week from Monday. Why are you here?

da_suns_fan__
08-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Nah, it was there. It's still in my cache.

Here's the blog entry.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/6281

Why do you have to lie?

Why are you here?

Why are Spurs fans talking about the Suns?

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Why are Spurs fans talking about the Suns?
Why is a Suns homer on a Spurs board?

ChumpDumper
08-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Why are Spurs fans talking about the Suns?Why did you lie about the fact that an AZ website was talking about the Suns?

da_suns_fan__
08-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Why is a Suns homer on a Spurs board?

Why is there a Suns thread on a Spurs board?

ChumpDumper
08-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Why is there a Suns thread on a Spurs board?Why is a Suns fan lying about the Arizona media's coverage of the Suns a on Spurs board?

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Why is there a Suns thread on a Spurs board?
Well, Spurs fans aren't the only ones who start them, I'd think.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, Spurs fans aren't the only ones who start them, I'd think.

For the most, part, and I loathe da_suns_fanatic, but you'd be wrong.

as for your original question, Suns homers are allowed to post to make all Spurs fans look smarter from their mere existence. When you have a few uggo's with your pack, all the non-uggo's look like models. When you have a few retards, all the non-retards look brilliant.

It's a catch 22. Ban them, and most everyone, including myself, goes back to being merely average...

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:09 PM
For the most, part, and I loathe da_suns_fanatic, but you'd be wrong.

as for your original question, Suns homers are allowed to post to make all Spurs fans look smarter from their mere existence. When you have a few uggo's with your pack, all the non-uggo's look like models. When you have a few retards, all the non-retards look brilliant.

It's a catch 22. Ban them, and most everyone, including myself, goes back to being merely average...
Fair enough. I'm not about to check all the Suns-related threads and check who started which one. Just saying...plus there was the Spurs Play In A Barn?? thread that d_s_f started, wasn't there?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Yea.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes, but that's the exception of late. I'd say it's 80%/20% Spurs fans.

Again, it's Spurs fans sites, but one reason I hate it so much is it gives soapbox after soapbox to the pests like da_suns_fanatic, yourcheatinheart and the like. Sure, they may create a few threads in the absense of all the Spurs fan-started threads, but they'd pale in number, and, if one has said trolls on ignore, one needn't even view the offending thread.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Yes, but that's the exception of late. I'd say it's 80%/20% Spurs fans.

Again, it's Spurs fans sites, but one reason I hate it so much is it gives soapbox after soapbox to the pests like da_suns_fanatic, yourcheatinheart and the like. Sure, they may create a few threads in the absense of all the Spurs fan-started threads, but they'd pale in number, and, if one has said trolls on ignore, one needn't even view the offending thread.
I try not to respond to them (doesn't always work that way, though), but I like to read the BS. It makes me giggle.

ehz33satx
08-31-2007, 10:15 PM

Your a Suns fan! Your predestined to be average. You will never come in first! You will always finish second. That's your lot in life.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2007, 10:17 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/tasteoflog/azcentral.jpg

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Your a Suns fan! Your predestined to be average. You will never come in first! You will always finish second. That's your lot in life.
Is Captain Bright gonna have to slap a bitch?

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:20 PM
That's your lot in life.

It's not a lot, but it's a life!

BTW, the overwelming sense of entitlement from your post is pathetic.

As if it's my fault I was born in Phoenix during a period when the Suns were the only team in town? I suppose I should have just latched on to the Lakers, or hell, maybe contacted Miss Cleo to have her predict which team would dominate the first decade of the 21st century?!

Congrats on the team you chose to root for winning all those Titles that you hadn't a hand in generating!

Craig
08-31-2007, 10:23 PM
How many titles has it been? I keep forgetting.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:24 PM
How many titles has it been? I keep forgetting.

It's not "forgetting" if you were too stupid to learn in the first place.

ehz33satx
08-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Sure I had a hand in generating those wins. I have lived in San Antonio for over 20 years. I have gone to many, many Spurs games and cheered my heart out every time. So have many others. So YES I did have a hand in some of those wins.

Craig
08-31-2007, 10:26 PM
It's not "forgetting" if you were too stupid to learn in the first place.

Maybe you could educate me?

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Sure I had a hand in generating those wins. I have lived in San Antonio for over 20 years. I have gone to many, many Spurs games and cheered my heart out every time. So have many others. So YES I did have a hand in some of those wins.

If not you then another.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Maybe you could educate me?

Maybe you could learn to count first.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Saaaa.....Doshite.....?

Craig
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Maybe you could learn to count first.

Is it more than zero? We can start from there.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Spurs trolls coming out to toy around with foes. IMO this has been the most annoying offseason yet with these new Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Cavs, and Scola trolls.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Is it more than zero? We can start from there.

Do you really have to ask?

No, no... I know you're just trying to get a rise.

duncan228
08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
IMO this has been the most annoying offseason yet with these new Spurs and Suns trolls.

Don't forget the few Cavs trolls that still linger.
And the Rockets trolls are wandering around here too.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Don't forget the few Cavs trolls that still linger.
And the Rockets trolls are wandering around here too.
Oh yea.

Fixed. :)

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Let me put it this way... Craig, ehz33satxm had I never been born, chances are great that the Suns would still be the old maids of the NBA.

Now, ye self-entitled, lucky to be "from" San Antonio posts, if such applies to me, then, wouldn't the same apply to yourselves? Chances are great, afterall...

This isn't to take any joy away from you. I didn't start the pissing match. I just don't take kindly to having my fandom/nose rubbed in crap that I can't very well do anything about, save for selling out and pulling for whichever team happens to winning at the time.

It wasn't so long ago that you knew the longing of a Title. I'd think you could appreciate my suffering. Especially since I'm a good sport about it. Or, maybe you, despite being "from" San Antonio and being old enough to have lived through the "down" years, know nothing of the longing since you only recently became a bandwagon, err... I mean Spurs fan?! Maybe you can't appreciate my plight because you simply chose not to care when your team wasn't winning?

Who knows?!

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Meh. At least it's something to keep us entertained. Or irritated. I 'unno.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Meh. At least it's something to keep us entertained. Or irritated. I 'unno.

What? Rubbing my nose in a title-less history?

I've pulled for two Arizona teams that have won titles. The 1997 Wildcats and the 2001 Diamondbacks.

So I know your "joy" but won't use such as a licence to belittle other posters who haven't. That's weak sister shit right there.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Ok...here's a question. If I moved from Chicago to SA, after living through (in a good way) the Bulls dynastic years, then latched onto the Spurs after moving, not necessarily because they were winning, but because it was part of assimilating into SA life, does this make me a bandwagoner?

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:48 PM
What? Rubbing my nose in a title-less history?

I've pulled for two Arizona teams that have won titles. The 1997 Wildcats and the 2001 Diamondbacks.

So I know your "joy" but won't use such as a licence to belittle other posters who haven't. That's weak sister shit right there.
No, no, no, no. You misunderstand me. I don't seek out Suns fans and give them the "Titleless" shit. What I was referring to was the back-and-forth between trolls of any and all teams. Just how inane it all is, makes me laugh.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Ok...here's a question. If I moved from Chicago to SA, after living through (in a good way) the Bulls dynastic years, then latched onto the Spurs after moving, not necessarily because they were winning, but because it was part of assimilating into SA life, does this make me a bandwagoner?

Tough to say. Maybe just a lucky SOB...

If I happen to pull for a team for 20 years, never waivering, and said team just can't break through for a Title, does that make me a loser?

Careful, it wasn't too long ago said scenerio applied to many of you, or many whom you know.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
No, no, no, no. You misunderstand me. I don't seek out Suns fans and give them the "Titleless" shit. What I was referring to was the back-and-forth between trolls of any and all teams. Just how inane it all is, makes me laugh.

I figured as much. I'm breaking two of my forum rules.

Don't respond to shit.
Don't respong to shit by talking shit.

Oops...

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Tough to say. Maybe just a lucky SOB...

If I happen to pull for a team for 20 years, never waivering, and said team just can't break through for a Title, does that make me a loser?

Careful, it wasn't too long ago said scenerio applied to many of you, or many whom you know.
I wouldn't say so. I live back in the Chicago area now, and, honestly, the Bulls were about all that kept me going before I moved to SA. Long story short, I had a shitty life in the Chicago suburbs, and was glad to GTFO. I considered SA a clean slate, and approached the city's sports (I went to some Missions games) as such.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:52 PM
I figured as much. I'm breaking two of my forum rules.

Don't respond to shit.
Don't respong to shit by talking shit.

Oops...
Sarcasm? My sarcasm detector is shot atm.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Sarcasm? My sarcasm detector is shot atm.

No. I'm serious. Your responses are NOT the "shit" I was refering to. Craig and ehz33satx's bating was...

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
No. I'm serious. Your responses are the "shit" I was refering to. Craig and ehz33satx's bating was...
Ah.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't say so. I live back in the Chicago area now, and, honestly, the Bulls were about all that kept me going before I moved to SA. Long story short, I had a shitty life in the Chicago suburbs, and was glad to GTFO. I considered SA a clean slate, and approached the city's sports (I went to some Missions games) as such.

Sounds like, since you've embraced the new city, that you're a true fan. Scenerio's like yours were never what I was talking about anyways. It was the implied scnenerio that I should be pulling for a Title-winning team. Like I said, it certainly was not my fault I was raised from age four on a strict diet of Suns basketball. Like I said, I'm not a sell out, so being treated as inferior simply because I've yet to experience an NBA Title is weak sister shit.

Not that you ever had anything to do with such discourse...

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Ah.

GD it! I forgot to put "are NOT" the responses I was referring to.

I have no issues with you. You've been a great post in all this.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Sounds like, since you've embraced the new city, that you're a true fan. Scenerio's like yours were never what I was talking about anyways. It was the implied scnenerio that I should be pulling for a Title-winning team. Like I said, it certainly was not my fault I was raised from age four on a strict diet of Suns basketball. Like I said, I'm not a sell out, so being treated as inferior simply because I've yet to experience an NBA Title is weak sister shit.

Not that you ever had anything to do with such discourse...
Yeah, it really is. My thing with Suns fans is, I don't deny that there *are* intelligent ones, it's just that there's a disproportionate ratio of people like d_s_f, to people like you.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 11:01 PM
GD it! I forgot to put "are NOT" the responses I was referring to.

I have no issues with you. You've been a great post in all this.
Aww, thanks. ^_^
It's cool. Typo happens.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, it really is. My thing with Suns fans is, I don't deny that there *are* intelligent ones, it's just that there's a disproportionate ratio of people like d_s_f, to people like you.

I wouldn't even go that far. They just tend to post more. It's because they are twelve and aren't in school just yet.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't even go that far. They just tend to post more. It's because they are twelve and aren't in school just yet.
Oh, I'm not talking about ST, I'm referring to my experiences as a whole.

JMarkJohns
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Fair enough. I don't live in Phoenix any longer, nor do I post on homer boards.

It's here, and an Arizona Wildcat board. That's it.

Mister Sinister
08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
/thread

Kori Ellis
08-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Spurs fans' obsession with what the whole city of Phoenix is doing is funny to me.

da_suns_fan__
09-01-2007, 12:00 AM
LMAO @ JmarksJohn trying to appease the assholes at SpursTalk.

What did everyone think about Bill Walton's comment about the Suns saving basketball? I've been saying that for a while now! :smokin

Discuss.

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Spurs fans' obsession with what the whole city of Phoenix is doing is funny to me.

Two possible reasons:

(1) it's the off season and there's not a whole lot of NBA news going on, with the exception of Team USA. Plus it's on a Spurs board which makes it too convenient to skip and not respond too and some of the banter is just to enticing for whatever reason to pass up on. Maybe Paris will get arrested again or GW will decide to invade a country inhabited by brown colored people. (remember Carlin's skit?)

(2) it kinda gets under one's skin that no matter what national blog or forum you're on, inevitably some Suns homer keeps bringing up the suspensions, the ref scandal and the Stern conspiracy to somehow get our small market, boring ratings-killing team into the finals. In time they'll go away just like the Mav, and before them the Lakers fans.

It won't be long before we will miss these Phoenix threads. They've been replaced by the infinite Scola threads which are far more irritating and definitely far more obnoxious. Goes with the territory I guess. Whining Phoenix fans I miss you already.

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-01-2007, 12:34 AM

What did everyone think about Bill Walton's comment about the Suns saving basketball? I've been saying that for a while now! :smokin

Discuss.

Come back when the suns become relevant and actually win something, and then we can discuss.

Mister Sinister
09-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Come back when the suns become relevant and actually win something, and then we can discuss.
Sooo....what, half past never?

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Sooo....what, half past never?

You may be on to something there.
:lol

Mister Sinister
09-01-2007, 12:50 AM
You may be on to something there.
:lol
:sleep Eh. I'm just throwing shit out there. Phoenix will be relevant at least during the regular season. Fuck me sideways, I should go to bed.

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-01-2007, 12:56 AM
:sleep Eh. I'm just throwing shit out there. Phoenix will be relevant at least during the regular season. Fuck me sideways, I should go to bed.

Peace out!

Shred
09-01-2007, 06:25 AM

The season must be getting close. There have about 3 Suns posts here in as many days....The tension mounts: This time, will there be a legitimate competition for best in the West? Stayed tuned. In the meantime, everyone obsess.

Mister Sinister
09-01-2007, 09:26 AM
:wakeup My, my, the sheep are bleating early this morning.

Switchman
09-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Discuss.

I admire D'Antoni for being so selfless in his hopes to save basketball by sacrificing his team's hope at a championship.

Man of the year imfo.

JMarkJohns
09-01-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm terribly depressed that my actions are not condoned by a post who's on as many ignore lists as he's not. What was I thinking? I should have come to you for advice on how to deal with Spurs fans...

OK... I promise, I'll do better this time!

SPURS SUCK!!!! SUNS RULE!!!! SPURS BALL BORES!!!! SUNS BALL SOARS!!!! OMG! I JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH FUN I'VE BEEN MISSING!!!! WWWWHHHHOOOOO----HHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Good freakin' Lord, you are such a loser. Do you practice being as big a dipshit, or were you just born that way?

Either way, I unfortunately read your schlock thanks to others quoting it in their responses... Otherwise, your posts would have said the same thing as always...

"This message is hidden because da_suns_fan__ is on your ignore list. "

Xylus
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure why Bickley's piece is on the front page when...

a) Bickley is a moron

b) Phoenix really isn't concerned about the Suns at the moment. The Diamondbacks are the talk of the town at the moment, or the Cardinals (god knows why), and in some circles the Phoenix Mercury.

c) When I talk to Suns fans in person (as in, not online), they're much more concerned about the upcoming season, why we don't have a replacement for Kurt Thomas, whether or not Amare's improved, how Grant Hill will contribute. The Amare-Diaw suspension is in the past, and it's not much fun to talk about.

da_suns_fan__
09-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure why Bickley's piece is on the front page when...

a) Bickley is a moron

b) Phoenix really isn't concerned about the Suns at the moment. The Diamondbacks are the talk of the town at the moment, or the Cardinals (god knows why), and in some circles the Phoenix Mercury.

c) When I talk to Suns fans in person (as in, not online), they're much more concerned about the upcoming season, why we don't have a replacement for Kurt Thomas, whether or not Amare's improved, how Grant Hill will contribute. The Amare-Diaw suspension is in the past, and it's not much fun to talk about.

How is Bickley a moron?

Because he's cynical with ownership? IMO, he's by far the best journalist in AZ. You say that Suns fans in person are more concerned with the loss of KT, but that sounds like something straight out of Bickley's mouth. He's not afraid to call a spade a spade.

Don't tell me your a GAMBO fan?

da_suns_fan__
09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm terribly depressed that my actions are not condoned by a post who's on as many ignore lists as he's not. What was I thinking? I should have come to you for advice on how to deal with Spurs fans...

OK... I promise, I'll do better this time!

SPURS SUCK!!!! SUNS RULE!!!! SPURS BALL BORES!!!! SUNS BALL SOARS!!!! OMG! I JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH FUN I'VE BEEN MISSING!!!! WWWWHHHHOOOOO----HHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Good freakin' Lord, you are such a loser. Do you practice being as big a dipshit, or were you just born that way?

Either way, I unfortunately read your schlock thanks to others quoting it in their responses... Otherwise, your posts would have said the same thing as always...

"This message is hidden because da_suns_fan__ is on your ignore list. "

Cute. He spends all his time letting everyone know Im on his ignore list, but still responds to my posts (even he does read them through other people's quotes).

Hey JMarksJohn, if you ever read this, your mission to get everyone to put me on their ignore list is failing.