PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Arkansas St to be on Fox Sports PPV

SScarrJ
09-01-2007, 05:40 AM
What a joke... I mean I pay loads of money to DirecTV for ESPN Gameplan, Sunday Ticket, and NBA league pass and now i have to throw down another 30$ to watch a team who is 60 minutes away? I can get a ticket to the game for 50$.

Whisky Dog
09-01-2007, 06:10 AM
check local sports bars to see if any are showing the game.

leemajors
09-01-2007, 07:35 AM
radio works fine

scott
09-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Just when I thought PPV had gone the way of the Dodo...

That blows for UT fans.

SrA Husker
09-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Reminder, NEBRASKA vs Nevada will be on ABC stations all across Texas at 2:30pm!!!!

K-State Spur
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
bout time some texas fans come to realize that the big 12's television contract sucks big time.

leemajors
09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
bout time some texas fans come to realize that the big 12's television contract sucks big time.
it's always been stupid - i don't see how the only carrier you get for some games is TBS. it's as stupid as moving the student section to the top deck of the newly renovated stadium. glad that happened after i left.

Horry For 3!
09-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll be tailgating at the Texas State game listenin to the Texas game

K-State Spur
09-01-2007, 02:02 PM
it's always been stupid - i don't see how the only carrier you get for some games is TBS. it's as stupid as moving the student section to the top deck of the newly renovated stadium. glad that happened after i left.

the problem is that UT & OU are covered almost every week. (That's not a complaint, they've earned that by winning). So the 2 fan bases with the most clout don't realize that the deal sucks because they can always watch their team. If they were ever to get skipped on a semi-regular basis like the rest of the league, their complaints would hold significant weight.

We barely get half of our LEAGUE games televised each year, and that's just pathetic compared to other top conferences.

leemajors
09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
the problem is that UT & OU are covered almost every week. (That's not a complaint, they've earned that by winning). So the 2 fan bases with the most clout don't realize that the deal sucks because they can always watch their team. If they were ever to get skipped on a semi-regular basis like the rest of the league, their complaints would hold significant weight.

We barely get half of our LEAGUE games televised each year, and that's just pathetic compared to other top conferences.
that does really suck, but the no TV doesn't bother me too much as long as i get to see the big games - i work saturdays anyway. craig way calls a good game, and i usually listen to his call with the TV muted anyway.

Holmes_Fans
09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Although I don't expect this game to get on ABC in place of Nebraska/Nevada, since Nebraska has a huge fan base and it will be a closer game. There is NO reason for them not to be able to find a station for this game to be on for free. Put the game on TBS or something. Hopefully the sports bar resteraunt here will order it, I doubt it though.

inconvertible
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
lets see.......
1. they are sold out
2. san antonio is not austin
3. so why are they blacked out here

I thought blacked out a sports events were blacked out to encourage HOME team fans to buy tickets. WTF.

extorsion and conspiracy.

Whisky Dog
09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
lets see.......
1. they are sold out

I thought blacked out a sports events were blacked out to encourage HOME team fans to buy tickets. WTF.

It's not a blackout, it's on PPV because they couldn't or wouldn't find a free tv provider. I checked every sports bar and no one is showing it. I guess it's the radio for me, but for those with FSN SW the game will be replayed on Thursday at 11am or noon, FYI. This is complete shit, every major D1 conference should have every team on at least in their home market. For UT that would be most of Texas if not all of it.

Whisky Dog
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Anyone who wants to watch the UT game tonight after 11pm central can watch under the internet video link on this page:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=&url_article_id=2300&change_well_id=2

Holmes_Fans
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
lets see.......
1. they are sold out

The home team is usually the ones who are NOT blacked out.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 07:54 PM
this is funny, t.u. is only up 14-3 at the half. arkansas state isn't even as good as montana st., imo.

Brutalis
09-01-2007, 08:34 PM
this is funny, t.u. is only up 14-3 at the half. arkansas state isn't even as good as montana st., imo.
Uhh wrong... A State is a solid small scale program dude.......

They should have been winning at halftime. Got a TD called back, and two missed FGs.

Bullshit mainly.

cecil collins
09-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Your opinion is worth shit. Yeah, they should be up more then 21-3 in the 4th quarter, but Arkansas State is better then Montana State.

Wow A&M has a commanding 24-7 lead over a team not even in the same division. Didn't you predict they'd score 60 or something?

Holmes_Fans
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Texas replacing almost entire offensive and defensive line and 3/4 of the secondary. A&M returning entire backfield and offensive line. I would hope a&m plays better in their first game, especially against a FCS opponent.

Holmes_Fans
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Uhh wrong... A State is a solid small scale program dude.......

They should have been winning at halftime. Got a TD called back, and two missed FGs.

Bullshit mainly.
There is a reason they are called penalties, they did something illegal that made the score possible.

Brutalis
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree with the call on the field. Yet feel ashamed it is not going both ways. Honestly for the first time since watching OU get cheated, on a smaller scale here, I feel that Spurs hurt.. you know as a fan I mean some of the crap we went through. And to me if you can at least touch that in my books something isn't right and that's what is coming from this game.

They are faster, bigger, and more skilled. Which makes it worse yet unnoticed so I won't complain much more, my team is the Hogs anyways.

Brutalis
09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Seriously for whatever reasons Texas hates Arkansas or vice versa, it doesn't help much that our little Indians are screwing over McCoy's first game this year.

Holmes_Fans
09-01-2007, 08:59 PM
How are they screwing his first game over? He has 22/32 with 224 yards, 2 touchdowns and only 1 forced interception so far.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Your opinion is worth shit. Yeah, they should be up more then 21-3 in the 4th quarter, but Arkansas State is better then Montana State.

Wow A&M has a commanding 24-7 lead over a team not even in the same division. Didn't you predict they'd score 60 or something?

montana st. is #22 in I-AA, they are a good team. app. state is #1 in I-AA and just beat michigan in the big house....you do the math. granted app. state is a nasty I-AA team, but montana state is a very good team...i just thought A&M's running game would roll them a bit more...oh well.

but ark. state is one of the worst teams in I-A...they would lose to both app. state, montana, and montana state. learn something about football....

samikeyp
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Bottom line is a win, period.

Margin of victory is irrelevant.

I bet Michigan would take a one point win over App. State right now rather than the alternative.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 09:08 PM

I bet Michigan would take a one point win over App. State right now rather than the alternative.

of course, but i can still find it humorous.

samikeyp
09-01-2007, 09:09 PM
of course, but i can still find it humorous.

agreed.

It could be worse, we could be Michigan fan. :)

Holmes_Fans
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
montana st. is #22 in I-AA, they are a good team. app. state is #1 in I-AA and just beat michigan in the big house....you do the math. granted app. state is a nasty I-AA team, but montana state is a very good team...i just thought A&M's running game would roll them a bit more...oh well.

but ark. state is one of the worst teams in I-A...they would lose to both app. state, montana, and montana state. learn something about football....
Learn something about football? You predicted a&m to score 62 points...

j-6
09-01-2007, 09:20 PM

Appalachian State could probably win the Sun Belt. I saw that 17 of 22 starters were D-1 (or FBS) transfers and they returned 8 I-AA All Americans.

StylisticS
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
That was quite possibly the worse game I've ever had the pleasure to watch regarding Texas playing in it's first game of any season in the past 10 years. It was worse than the UNT game back in 2002 and that's saying something. Fuckin pathetic display of football. Undisciplined KILLEBREW and unmotivated. We was outgained by the FUCKIN INDIANS and they nearly had 400 fuckin yards to do so.

I will be interested to see what will happen in the TCU game next season. Play like that and they get blown out of the stadium in Austin. Maybe I need to calm down and wait until Monday.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Appalachian State could probably win the Sun Belt. I saw that 17 of 22 starters were D-1 (or FBS) transfers and they returned 8 I-AA All Americans.

app. state is a very very good team, they would be more than competitive in I-A.

Brutalis
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Captain Obvious!

Underneath the bottom line is what you work on until next week's bottom line comes right? Well, 21-13, means Texas has a lot of shit to work on since I can remember in a while in my 22 years.

Bottom line that! :ihit

j-6
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Thank God that game is over with. All I had was gamecast and radio, but giving up 400 yards to Arkansas State in a 21-13 W doesn't qualify as a good start to the season.

Not to dismiss a good little minor D-1 program in the Indians, but TCU is going to come into town ready to eat lightning and crap thunder next week on the heels of this.

Brutalis
09-01-2007, 09:31 PM

No sir you just particularly dismiss ASU because they are inconsistent and irrelevant on a scale of talent therefor you backfire a close Texas game as some kind of substance? Does that mean Texas would have lost to App State? Or Michigan is just highly overrated perhaps? This isn't the nineties I know, and teams shouldn't be scaled so high (like ND), but I don't understand your point.

Troy would have beat App. State handily.

j-6
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Troy would have beat App. State handily.

Troy wouldn't have won the last two I-AA titles either.

Brutalis
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
And this is exactly why JFB doesn't play ASU, for this reason Horn fans... it almost got real, real, reeal ugly.

Arkansas just won't chance it I suppose. But JFB is gone Jan. 1.. so that can change..

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Troy wouldn't have won the last two I-AA titles either.

no kidding, app. state is much better than ark. state.

BeerIsGood!
09-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm not going to even pretend that Arkansas St. should have been in this game. That was a pathetic performance. Vince's magical mystery tour '05 team would have won by 60, even last years team would have won by 30.

I'm hoping that it was just a case of a young team overlooking an inferior opponent. If not, this is going to quickly become a season of revenge for okie, okie st, ttech, and nebraska. It was a good ride, but all of VY's mystery tour '05 guys are gone, and now we no longer have the playmakers to overcome the worst offensive coordinator in college football and one of the worst overall coaching staffs among the elite of D1. That said, we should still beat the stiffs at am.

cecil collins
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM

There is a world of difference between #1 and #22, in AA. Do you even follow 1AA(formerly) or are you talking out your ass because of one upset? You consistently sound like an idiot, so perhaps you should learn about football.

cecil collins
09-01-2007, 10:57 PM
no kidding, app. state is much better than ark. state.
You didn't even watch the fucking game. Are you a ten year old boy watching ESPN all day. Yeah, it is impressive to win at Michigan. Yes they are a quality team, but did you know a single guy on their roster before today? Do you now? Do you know what kind of offense they run? One game doesn't mean they would win the Big 10. Who the fuck even listens to you? I need a vomiting emoticon.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm not going to even pretend that Arkansas St. should have been in this game. That was a pathetic performance. Vince's magical mystery tour '05 team would have won by 60, even last years team would have won by 30.

I'm hoping that it was just a case of a young team overlooking an inferior opponent. If not, this is going to quickly become a season of revenge for okie, okie st, ttech, and nebraska. It was a good ride, but all of VY's mystery tour '05 guys are gone, and now we no longer have the playmakers to overcome the worst offensive coordinator in college football and one of the worst overall coaching staffs among the elite of D1. That said, we should still beat the stiffs at am.

its just one game, but it was interesting. obviously t.u. is better than a 21-13 win of ark. state...but, as i said earlier, they are not the #4 team in the country. but, we'll see...

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
You didn't even watch the fucking game. Are you a ten year old boy watching ESPN all day. Yeah, it is impressive to win at Michigan. Yes they are a quality team, but did you know a single guy on their roster before today? Do you now? Do you know what kind of offense they run? One game doesn't mean they would win the Big 10. Who the fuck even listens to you? I need a vomiting emoticon.

jesus.

cecil collins
09-01-2007, 11:07 PM
jesus.
Yeah, it's sort of a curse of mine that I can't just ignore idiocy. It's not like anything will sink in anyway.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it's sort of a curse of mine that I can't just ignore idiocy. It's not like anything will sink in anyway.

you're like mr. dio.

j-6
09-02-2007, 12:24 AM
The most interesting thing I heard today was that the only other time a top 25 D1 team lost to a lower division opponent was #20 Baylor losing to Lamar in 1980.

Now, I could accept this a little easier since we're talking about Baylor, but this should show every one of you the reasoning behind why most power programs play weak out-of-conference games. Or why they puss out and buy their way out of contracts with good programs.

scott
09-02-2007, 12:37 AM
How you UT fans feeling about that Oct 6 game after today... heh heh...

cecil collins
09-02-2007, 02:59 AM
How you UT fans feeling about that Oct 6 game after today... heh heh...
I'll wait until after TCU, and I actually get to watch them play before I start worrying about OU. Doesn't look too good right now.

samikeyp
09-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Captain Obvious!

Underneath the bottom line is what you work on until next week's bottom line comes right? Well, 21-13, means Texas has a lot of shit to work on since I can remember in a while in my 22 years.

Bottom line that!

Ok...its still a win. An ugly one, but a win nonetheless. Now that doesn't mean that Texas doesn't have a ton of work to do though and I never said that they didn't but the only thing that matters in football is winning. So yes, I still believe that the victory, not the margin of, is what is the most important thing. I would rather my team look like shit and win than look great and lose.

Just a personal opinion, not a suggested course of action.

I do agree with Beer though...if the Horns continue with this kind of effort, it could be a rough season.

Whisky Dog
09-02-2007, 11:15 AM
There won't be any national championship contention for UT this season, but I still think they can get to a BSC bowl by winning the Big XII. OK looked good, but against a far worse opponent than UT played. It'll be a toss up as to who wins the conference, but UT and OK are neck and neck in talent and McCoy has shown he can beat OU. The freshman kid at OU hasn't seen that zoo yet.

johngateswhiteley
09-02-2007, 11:41 AM
There won't be any national championship contention for UT this season, but I still think they can get to a BSC bowl by winning the Big XII. OK looked good, but against a far worse opponent than UT played. It'll be a toss up as to who wins the conference, but UT and OK are neck and neck in talent and McCoy has shown he can beat OU. The freshman kid at OU hasn't seen that zoo yet.

what about A&M?

2centsworth
09-02-2007, 01:26 PM
:tu

Cant_Be_Faded
09-03-2007, 09:57 PM
NO UT homers in the entire universe can possibly believe our number 4 ranking, however, we've worked hard many years to earn an automatic high ranking (see USC, ND, OU, etc) and we'll take the win.

WAYYYYY too many holes and weaknesses exposed in this game for 1 thread to totally do it justice.

Positive:
Pass protection is solid.

Negative:
The offensive line has no run blocking capability. At all.

Positive:
Jamaal Charles looks greatly improved, better all around.

Negative:
Texas continues delayed handoffs, zone reads, and handing it to Jamaal while he is standing still looking East or West (STANDING FUCKING STILL!!!!!!! THIS KID RUNS A 4.3 FOR DKR'S SAKE!!!) Greg Davis you have done it again you smug unbending FUCK!!!!!

Positive:
Sweed did not seem affected by wrist injury. Nate Jones is very solid.

Negative:
While starting off like he almost ended last season, McCoy got into a very very weird funk, and if it weren't for some clutch catches by Jones, McCoy would have had the worst game of his career, after the Agggggame.

Positive:

I cannot think of any more, especially in regards to the defense. Okam was Okam.

Negative:
It was like we only had one DT, and Orakpo, the undisputed Man to Watch this season, is probably OUT for the season. The linebackers looked as if they had not worked on stopping the run all offseason, and seemed lost in the coverage schemes. The secondary looked EXACTLY FUCKING LIKE LAST YEAR, giving 7 yard cushions for easy short route catching, and we've already seen what our two Five foot Eight Cornerbacks are going to do, as we witnessed several catches in which they had good position, but made no play on the ball due to their size (Mack defends their small size...)
Duane Akina's defense does blitz more, and more creatively, but the timing and execution looked abysmal. What's the point of blitzing every play if it only works 1 out of 8 times and the other 7 times they gain an average of 6 yards? Bogus.

Overall, combined with Jamaal bobbling the ball on his very first carry, we are in for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

Without a doubt the most scary thing about this situation is that we had all our coaches go on record saying we would go away from that stupid bull shit zone read, delay handofff, most predictable offense in paid sports history bull shit, and that is exactly what we saw on saturday, save for the three plays they ran out of the I formation.

Long season, brah. Very very long season.
UT is without a doubt on the decline, but its all good if we can pull in a clutch win or two along the way. I personally believe this season is cursed, one way or another, and the Orakpo debacle proves it.

atxrocker
09-03-2007, 10:12 PM
cbf forgot one of the most important positives of all.... all the fucking hot UT girls around town after the game. goddamnit there was so much eye candy out there on saturday night. gotta love college football season.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I only dig pregnant UT austin chicks. The bigger and rounder the belly the better.

BeerIsGood!
09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm withholding judgement until after the TCU game. I'm hoping that some of the mistakes are results of all the young guys overlooking ASU, as well as ASU completely changing their game plan in this game from everything they did last season. At least they have good tape on what TCU likes to do, and maybe the young fuckers will step up to the level of competition. Maybe.

That Orakpo injury was bullshit. I'll never understand why the NCAA lets backs come up and chop guys who are engaged with OLinemen. That's fucked up. I can understand a back wanting to chop a DLineman who's much bigger, but it should only be when the guy is on a free rush and isn't already being blocked. Otherwise it's just a cheap shot to the knees. We should have taken out that quick little white boy QB's knees at the end of the game for some retribution for that bullshit. You know this is lining up to be a fucked up season - OU, AM, Florida, USC, etc. get nice little warm up pansies who lie down to get fucked while we get these knee cheap shotting bastards. All I know is somebody, shit a hell of a lot of somebodies, better start showing some fire and exploding on people before we end up with a fucking 6 win season. After the success this program has had recently they better start biting, clawing, and ball kicking whoever they have to for the wins.

samikeyp
09-04-2007, 11:59 AM
As someone who still has a suspect knee for that very reason, I think anything at the knees should be banned. If you can't be a man and block someone straight up, get your ass off the field.

Ballcox
09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
All I can say is thank God I brought my pipe and greenery to the game, because I was smoking like a motherfucker at halftime (you'd be amazed how few people actually use the concrete ramps anymore).

I remain to this day pissed about that performance, no excuse at all for the way we played. I can only hope that the team was looking ahead to TCU and that this game serves as a wake up call to get their ass in gear and start playing some actuall FOOTBALL. Hook'em..........I guess.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-04-2007, 08:40 PM
What grade do you give them on a 1-100 scale, 100 being VY at rosebowl pouring vats of smegma on the greatest CFB team of all time?

I'd say 33

Ballcox
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Damn, on a scale of 1-100? Well, with the way they played against Arkansas St., a team they should have dominated I think I would have to score them around 35-40? That sounds about right.

I just hope to God they get their act together for TCU this upcoming Saturday night, those guys from the quotes I've read are ready to PLAY. We better bring our A game, that's for sure.

Brutalis
09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
about 20 at best CBF thats a long ways from VY and that team

degenerate_gambler
09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I just hope to God they get their act together for TCU this upcoming Saturday night, those guys from the quotes I've read are ready to PLAY. We better bring our A game, that's for sure.

And you can bet that Blake will be in TCU's lineup.

Ballcox
09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah, he ain't gonna miss playing against UT, no matter what kind of 'personal' problems he's having. I'm looking forward to watching him go up against T. Hills, our LT-should be a great matchup.

BeerIsGood!
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
What grade do you give them on a 1-100 scale, 100 being VY at rosebowl pouring vats of smegma on the greatest CFB team of all time?

I'd say 33

Shit, based solely on this last week's performance it would be about a 3 or 4 out of 100. This team playing like that would have gotten smoked by 70 against the ESPN 2005 paper champion, a far cry from the team that actually won the 2005 championship. That team had VY on O and Huff making play after play on D as where this team got run on and held to 7 pts in 3 1/2 quarters by Arkansas fucking State. If I was the coach I would have taken back all the under-the-table money from the entire fucking defense and started a bonfire on the practice field.

samikeyp
09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I give them a 100!!!

minus 80. :depressed

:lol