PDA

View Full Version : Wade Wilson suspended five games

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-01-2007, 12:33 PM
For Immediate Release
September 1, 2007

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Assistant Coach Wade Wilson of the Dallas Cowboys has been notified that he is suspended for the team’s first five regular-season games and fined $100,000 for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances. Coach Wilson has acknowledged purchasing and using such prohibited substances. The evidence supports his statements to our office that he did so for personal use only, did not distribute any prohibited substances to other people, and has ceased using these substances. He is suspended effective immediately and is eligible to be reinstated on Tuesday, October 9.

WADE WILSON STATEMENT:

This situation is the result of an uninformed decision that I made, and I accept responsibility for my mistake. My actions were the result of trying to improve the quality of my life based upon my 20-plus years of living with diabetes.

I did, however, make an error. I had a very limited exposure to a substance. It did not have a positive effect on the quality of my life, and I soon discarded it. It was used only by me and not made available to anyone else.

Clearly, as a coach and former player, I had no intention of trying to circumvent the boundaries of competition or fair play. I now realize that this is something that I should not have done. I acted without proper medical supervision, and I would urge others to not make a similar mistake.

Upon learning of the very serious nature of this situation, I cooperated fully and honestly with representatives of the NFL and all of the authorities involved.

I support the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. The players and coaches that I have been associated with through 27 years in the NFL know that I would never deliberately make a decision to violate a league rule.

JERRY JONES STATEMENT:

We understand and support the commissioner’s decision. Wade Wilson accepts responsibility for his mistake in judgment and recognizes the importance of the NFL’s performance enhancing-substance policies. After learning of his error, he cooperated fully with all of the parties involved in this matter.

In reviewing the facts, we know that Wade had absolutely no intention of breaking any league rules. He has a long track record of quality service to the NFL and community service to the cities where has played and coached. We recognize and support the importance placed on these matters by the National Football League. We also support Wade Wilson during this time and look forward to his contributions to the future of the Dallas Cowboys.

Jason Garrett and Wes Phillips will handle the responsibilities of working with the quarterbacks in Wade’s absence.

BacktoBasics
09-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Best troll job ever.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Ummm...

samikeyp
09-01-2007, 01:01 PM
How is posting an news story a troll job?

JB is not a troll. He is one of the smartest posters here so if he posts an article...its legit.

I heard about this on Sportscenter this morning. Apparently Wilson did this while with the Bears last year. I am just glad he didn't do this crap while in Cowboys camp this summer.

What a dumbass.

T Park
09-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Your a coach.

Why do you need steroids.....

samikeyp
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Your a coach.

Why do you need steroids.....

Exactly.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-01-2007, 01:10 PM
NFL suspends, fines Cowboys assistant

Web Posted: 09/01/2007 12:57 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn
Express-News Staff Writer

The NFL has suspended Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson for the first five games of this season after learning he violated the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The league also slapped Wilson with a $100,000 fine.

He is eligible to be reinstated Oct. 9.

A statement from the league said Wilson admitted he bought and used prohibited substances while he was the quarterbacks coach of the Chicago Bears from 2004-2006.

The league said he did not distribute the substances to players. In the statement from the league, Wilson said he used the substances “to improve the quality of my life based upon my 20-plus years of living with diabetes.”

Wilson's name surfaced in an investigation by the Albany (N.Y.) County District Attorney's office that doctors were writing prescriptions for patients they had never seen.

In February, state and federal agents in New York and Florida raided two Orlando pharmacies that allegedly supplied performance-enhancing drugs to professional athletes.

“This situation is the result of an uninformed decision that I made, and I accept responsibility for my mistake,” Wilson said in a statement.

“I did, however, make an error. I had a very limited exposure to a substance. It did not have a positive effect on the quality of my life, and I soon discarded it. It was used only by me and not made available to anyone else.”

The Cowboys hired Wilson this off-season after the Bears gave him permission to interview for a lateral move.

In a statement released by the Cowboys, team owner Jerry Jones said the team supports the league’s decision.

“In reviewing the facts, we know that Wade had absolutely no intention of breaking any league rules,” Jones said. “He has a long track record of quality service to the NFL and community service to the cities where has played and coached. We recognize and support the importance placed on these matters by the National Football League. We also support Wade Wilson during this time and look forward to his contributions to the future of the Dallas Cowboys.”

Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is expected to take over Wilson’s duties.

---------

Same thing as Harrison. Take your lumps now and no crazy exposure once more comes to light.

T Park
09-01-2007, 01:59 PM
:lol

I'm just like.

You don't play. Whats the point?

Its like buying a hooker and your johnson doesn't work.

BacktoBasics
09-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I was being sarcastic based on how absurdly wild this story is.

peewee's lovechild
09-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Actually, it may seem funny, but most of the coaches I worked with when I was coaching football used steriods. They used to get their injections in Mexico, which was only 5 minutes away.

I always wondered why they would out-bench me by a hundred pounds.

peewee's lovechild
I think it's an issue of vanity.

MajorMike
On E$PN he says:
"I had no idea what I was doing was against league rules," Wilson said, adding that he regretted any embarassment he may have caused the Cowboys.

Yet he says here:
A statement from the league said Wilson admitted he bought and used prohibited substances while he was the quarterbacks coach of the Chicago Bears from 2004-2006.

NY Daily news says:
According to the New York Daily News, Wilson admitted receiving human growth hormone while working for the Bears from 2004-06.

What kind of frickin dumbass doesn't know hgh is illegal? Frickin idiot.