PDA

View Full Version : Karl to SA according to Isiah

sickdsm
12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Although the Knicks contacted the agent for Karl Malone last week, team officials expect him to sign with the San Antonio Spurs. The Knicks' president, Isiah Thomas, admitted that Malone was not interested in playing in New York." New York Times

exstatic
12-13-2004, 08:40 PM
VOMIT

Of course, I believe everything I read....

sickdsm
12-13-2004, 08:44 PM
I'd rather not make the playoffs than win a ring with Karl. Its like Hitler helping out in Iraq.

xcoriate
12-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I'd rather not make the playoffs than win a ring with Karl. Its like Hitler helping out in Iraq.

Well I guess you at least don't have to worry....

sickdsm
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Your right, because our backup PF is playing ten times better than Karl would. Karl isn't good enough to make the wolves. Good luck with him. I'm sure he'll be the savior much like Hedo was supposed to be last preseason, Ward last year and Barry this year.

BronxCowboy
12-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Why would KNICKS team officials have any inside information about where Malone is going? The article was about the Knicks taking a shot at Malone, so obviously even these officials that supposedly expect him to sign with the Spurs don't think it's a done deal. I've still got my fingers crossed that it won't happen.

GoSpurs21
12-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Pop said it was a no brainer to sign Malone, so I guess all the ranting and raving against it is just silly. If you cant route for a team with Malone on it, then see ya bandwagoner.

Just image how much better Malik will be next year after learning some tricks from Malone this year.

BronxCowboy
12-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Pop said it was a no brainer to sign Malone, so I guess all the ranting and raving against it is just silly. If you cant route for a team with Malone on it, then see ya bandwagoner.

Just image how much better Malik will be next year after learning some tricks from Malone this year.

If Malone's "tricks" rub off on any of the Spurs, that would be the worst case scenario, IMO. His game is garbage. He doesn't have it anymore, so he resorts to playing dirty to keep having an impact. Not that he ever didn't play dirty.

Also, there is nothing "bandwagon" about wanting your favorite team to remain bullshit free. Grow a brain.

Kori Ellis
12-13-2004, 09:44 PM
The title of this thread is a little misleading. I didn't read Isiah saying Karl would go to the Spurs. I thought the article just said that the Spurs are expected to be the frontrunner for Malone.

ducks
12-13-2004, 09:46 PM
thomas is just upset mailman does not want to play for him

ducks
12-13-2004, 09:46 PM
if suns and sonics keep this up

I see him maybe going there

exstatic
12-13-2004, 10:10 PM
If you cant route for a team with Malone on it, then see ya bandwagoner.

Bandwagon fans wouldn't be old enough to remember the bad ol' days against Utah. I hate Karl Malone, and would not support the Spurs if he were on the roster. I think LJ is right. The man played a ton of years with the all time assist leader, and one of the best PGs ever, is supposedly the best all time PF, played for one of the most successful coaches ever, and has no rings. He is title kryptonite, and you will all find that out if he comes here and disappears when it counts, which he will. Forget that he won't be one of the prime contributors. I don't even want to see him get a Mitch Richmond style, gravy train ring. Fuck Karl Malone and the horse he rode after Vanessa on.

King
12-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Bandwagon fans wouldn't be old enough to remember the bad ol' days against Utah. I hate Karl Malone, and would not support the Spurs if he were on the roster.

I don't understand this logic. Bottom line, I root for the Spurs. I don't like the Spurs because of the players on the team. I like the players because they're on the Spurs. I'm not in favor of signing Karl, but I can swallow my pride while he's here and go back to hating him when he's gone. I want the team to win, first and foremost.

Not that it really matters if you or I root for or against them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM
The man played a ton of years with the all time assist leader, and one of the best PGs ever, is supposedly the best all time PF, played for one of the most successful coaches ever, and has no rings.

Yeah, title kryptonite. Let's see, he lost out on it all to:

Bulls (Jordan) x 6
Houston (don't think Spurs fans want to go there) x 2
Spurs (yeah, they suck, Karl choked) x 2
LA (Shaq, Kobe, and Captain Clutch Boby Horry) x 2

That's basically the prime of the Karl/Stockton years right there, but I could see why Karl is "title kryptonite".

I mean the Bulls with Jordan, Lakers with the group they had for the back to back run, and don't even get me started on those sorry Houston and San Antonio teams...

TwoHandJam
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Why penalize the current group of Spurs if Pop wants to sign Malone? I'll tolerate Karl winning a ring if I can watch the rest of the good guys celebrating on a new DVD.

Spurminator
12-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Karl needs the Spurs more than they need him. Although I would hate to see Malone win a ring, it's almost more pathetic to tag along with a certain Championship contender that arguably could have won it all without you anyway.

His career story has been written. He's one of the greatest PFs of all time and a monumental asshole... and no piece of jewelry is going to change that. Bring him on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Why penalize the current group of Spurs if Pop wants to sign Malone? I'll tolerate Karl winning a ring if I can watch the rest of the good guys celebrating on a new DVD.

Amen.

baseline bum
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM

Bulls (Jordan) x 6
Houston (don't think Spurs fans want to go there) x 2
Spurs (yeah, they suck, Karl choked) x 2
LA (Shaq, Kobe, and Captain Clutch Boby Horry) x 2

Exactly. He's not in their fucking class. Is Malone only to be criticized for not winning if it's the 79 Sonics or something taking it?

Fuck Malone. I won't support this team with him on it either. I could live with Malone if he only did one of 1) going out to injure the other team's players - or - 2) flopping and flying every time Matt Maloney or Avery Johnson touches him... but if he comes here to try to bandwagon a ring from a team good enough to do it without him I'm becoming Cavs fan for the year.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-14-2004, 12:47 AM
base,

You could say the same about David until Tim came along. Did you hate having him on the Spurs?

Same for Olajuwan, before the right talent was put around him.

I just don't get all the "bandwagoning". We need a thug on this team. Karl Malone is a thug, albeit a more notorious one. Do you feel Rasho would be bandwagoning a ring if we won one?

Because I guarantee Karl would fill up the box score more than Rasho, and like I said - he can take on the tough interior post defensive assignments, do the dirty work, and grab some boards.

It'd be bandwagoning if the guy was going to just come sit at the end of the bench, but I'd venture that if he's not starting, he would see the most most minutes of any big man off the bench.

SuperManu!!!
12-14-2004, 12:47 AM
If malone joins SA, I will stop being an spurs fan. I hate malone. It's a fucking little girl than will never win nothing and will bring bad luck to SA. And he is really old!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-14-2004, 01:00 AM
It's a fucking little girl than will never win nothing and will bring bad luck to SA.

To be fair, people used to say the same shit about DRob.

Experiment2100
12-14-2004, 01:04 AM
As much as I hate Malone I won't stop being a spurs fan if he comes here. Here's the way I see it, the Spurs don't have to deal with Malone if he acts up. He's going to be here because he wants to win a ring and the Spurs can win it w/out him.

thispego
12-14-2004, 01:08 AM
wow.... you people must be joking.. you're going to Quit being a Spurs fan if karl malone is added to the roster?????!!.... I'm astounded at the number of people that feel this way... I wont sit here and claim that I was around for Malone's Jazz days or anything that took place between him and the Spurs while he was in Utah. But I Have heard the stories and I Have seen the footage. The man was playing his heart out for the benefit of his TEAM. Is that not what the NBA is all about? If it's not then I took interest in this sport for all the wrong reasons.....How can any of you justify claims that he would be a drama queen, or that he would become a cancer, or disrupt the chemistry... all that crap. The guy will come here and play his "A" game and give it his all to benefit the TEAM. If he doesn't then he will ride the bench all season long. But you KNOW that wont happen, Karl is a competitor and he will give everything he has got to help the Spurs to a championship (I think he proved how much of himself he is willing to give by his performance in the post season last year). If any of you "Spurs fans" want to bail because of the addition of one guy to an already great team then that is fine... Spurs dont need you, we dont need you, take that whiny bullshit somewhere else.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 01:10 AM
If malone joins SA, I will stop being an spurs fan. I hate malone. It's a fucking little girl than will never win nothing and will bring bad luck to SA. And he is really old!!!
If your loyalty is that shallow...get the fuck out now, you are not needed.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Conventional wisdom places Malone in San Antonio though I've yet to see Miami taken out of the running in the court of gossip. Should Malone go to Miami then he would be perceived as taking the slightly more difficult route to bandwagoning on a championship. O'Neal and Malone combined did a good job on TD in last season's playoff series and the path to the Finals in the East looks somewhat better for Miami with Indiana's implosion and Detroit's struggles thusfar.

What concerns me about Malone is his health and the adjustments the team would need to make to work him into the rotation. For all of the off court LA drama he has shown himself to be a professional when it comes to playing the game. The likely scenario is that he comes to SA, plays hard, encourages Rasho to play hard, is well liked by his teammates, and his stint here would be drama free.

At this point in his career Malone is a hired gun, much like Elie, Kersey, Porter, and Horry. They were brought in to fill a role and that would be the case with Malone.

exstatic
12-14-2004, 01:17 AM
wow.... you people must be joking.. you're going to Quit being a Spurs fan if karl malone is added to the roster?????!!.... I'm astounded at the number of people that feel this way...

Quit implies permanency. Not the case. I just won't support them while he's on the roster.

If any of you "Spurs fans" want to bail because of the addition of one guy to an already great team then that is fine... Spurs dont need you, we dont need you, take that whiny bullshit somewhere else.
Oh, and be careful about your bullshit ultimatums. The husband of the couple that runs this board has said the same thing. (timvp)

exstatic
12-14-2004, 01:22 AM
My hatred overwhelms my loyalty to the Spurs. Karl Malone should die a horrible death. He is an asshole who has done nothing but try to hurt and physically maim the players in Silver and Black for close to 20 years.

No ring for you! - The ring nazi

Experiment2100
12-14-2004, 01:22 AM
At this point in his career Malone is a hired gun, much like Elie, Kersey, Porter, and Horry. They were brought in to fill a role and that would be the case with Malone.

Don't forget Willis.

thispego
12-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Quit implies permanency. Not the case. I just won't support them while he's on the roster.

Well, enjoy missing out on the remainder of the Duncan era then. Not to mention a few titles... it's cool if you cant set your personal(if you can even call it PERSONAL) vendettas aside for the good of the team.

Oh, and be careful about your bullshit ultimatums. The husband of the couple that runs this board has said the same thing. (timvp)

Don't quite know how you got an ultimatum out of that, but regardless, I don't once recall LJ ever saying he would stop being a Spurs fan if Malone got signed.

SuperManu!!!
12-14-2004, 01:31 AM

You know what? STFU :blah
I hate malone, I can't understand how can you want a guy with that personality in SA. But well, i think you are the kind of fan that if kobe wanted to come here, you would receive him with a hug.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 01:34 AM
You are missing the point. I never said I wanted Malone here. Personally I could care less if Malone comes here but if he does or not does not change the way I feel about the Spurs. I have been a fan since 1974...have you? Or are you a bandwagoner? A true fan's loyalty is to the team, not the players who make it up. Players will come and go but the team is always the team. Loyalty should be to the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back. Team loyalty comes first always.

exstatic
12-14-2004, 01:35 AM
LJ made it fairly clear that he was NOT buying season tix this year if Malone was signed. That was before his extended recovery period was known. He pretty much waited until the last minute to get them.

If any of you "Spurs fans" want to bail because of the addition of one guy to an already great team then that is fine... Spurs dont need you, we dont need you, take that whiny bullshit somewhere else.
Main Entry: ul·ti·ma·tum
Pronunciation: "&l-t&-'mA-t&m, -'mä-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -tums or ul·ti·ma·ta /-t&/
Etymology: New Latin, from Medieval Latin, neuter of ultimatus final
: a final proposition, condition, or demand; especially : one whose rejection will end negotiations and cause a resort to force or other direct action

You need to work on your vocab. Your GTFO statement is most certainly an ultimatum.

exstatic
12-14-2004, 01:36 AM
We'll have to disagree on that, mikey. The Antichrist could not be less welcome to me in a S&B jersey than Malone.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 01:39 AM
I have no problem with that, my issue was that someone was going to stop being a Spurs fan just because of one player. To me, I want my favorite team to win the title, to me, that is way more important than any roster addition.

exstatic
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
I have been a fan since 1974...have you? Or are you a bandwagoner?

OK, this BS is getting misused, BIGTIME. A bandwagon fan jumps on when things are good, and off when things are bad. Getting Malone, from a clinical perspective, improves the team. People who don't want him, and won't condone his signing, are NOT jumping when bad things happen to the team. They just can't stomach the though of a criminal being signed by the Spurs. Yes, what he did to David was criminal. He's an asshole and a loser.

Experiment2100
12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
I hate malone, I can't understand how can you want a guy with that personality in SA. But well, i think you are the kind of fan that if kobe wanted to come here, you would receive him with a hug.

I hate Malone as much as the next guy, but I won't let my hatred blind me to the fact that they would be better with him. Like I said earlier if he acts up the Spurs can afford benching him or buying out his contract.

Well, enjoy missing out on the remainder of the Duncan era then. Not to mention a few titles... it's cool if you cant set your personal(if you can even call it PERSONAL) vendettas aside for the good of the team

I hope he's not going to be here that long as soon as he get's his ring he'll probably leave.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 01:43 AM
ex...I wasn't applying that to you. But you are correct, vowing to stop being a Spurs fan because of a certain player being signed is not bandwagon or fairweather,but it is disloyal.

exstatic
12-14-2004, 01:45 AM
So be it.

T Park
12-14-2004, 01:53 AM
i find it hilarious.

Hatred for a man you dont know, and hatred for an act against David Robinson, for wich Robinson has already forgiven him.

If RObinson forgave him, thats good enough for me.

Karl Malone can play on my team ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Bring on a Hall Of Famer.

Anyways, the championship gear, and 03 DVDs are worn out. Time for some new material! :)

Kori Ellis
12-14-2004, 01:55 AM
ex...I wasn't applying that to you. But you are correct, vowing to stop being a Spurs fan because of a certain player being signed is not bandwagon or fairweather,but it is disloyal.

Bullshit. It's not disloyal if that person ethically isn't someone you'd cheer for.

thispego
12-14-2004, 01:55 AM
LJ made it fairly clear that he was NOT buying season tix this year if Malone was signed. That was before his extended recovery period was known. He pretty much waited until the last minute to get them.

Main Entry: ul·ti·ma·tum
Pronunciation: "&l-t&-'mA-t&m, -'mä-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -tums or ul·ti·ma·ta /-t&/
Etymology: New Latin, from Medieval Latin, neuter of ultimatus final
: a final proposition, condition, or demand; especially : one whose rejection will end negotiations and cause a resort to force or other direct action

You need to work on your vocab. Your GTFO statement is most certainly an ultimatum.

Oh Geez... I really think you could have come up with something more clever than this ex... I've really come to respect you as a poster... but if you wanna resort to looking up terms in a dictionary as a retort then let me help you out a bit...

An ultimatum would consist of a demand that a person could either accept or reject. Acceptance of the demand would put both parties in agreeance with one another. A rejection of the demand implies the threat of serious penalties if the terms are not accepted.

HMMMMMMM.... ultimatum???? no... I'd say.. more like a suggestion...

SuperManu!!!
12-14-2004, 01:58 AM
Bullshit. It's not disloyal if that person ethically isn't someone you'd cheer for.

Finally someone who understands!

exstatic
12-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Your definition is different that Mirram-Webster's, and your statement was much more than a suggestion.

Don't worry, though. If Malone is signed, I'll have little to no interest in being in the Spurs forum. You could find me in the club, or political forum, though, so in essence, I will be Getting The Fuck Out, at least from the Spurs forum. Your wish will be granted.

timvp
12-14-2004, 02:02 AM
To quote timvp:

If the Human Halftime Special signs with the Spurs, me and baseline bum are going to move to Cleveland for the year and cheer on LeBron.

I'm sick of the Drama Queen already and he's thousands of miles away. I'll let you guys deal with it.

I don't know how much clearer I can put it.

Actually, I don't mind that he's a dirty bastard on the court. While it's a cheap way to play basketball, it's more a product of playing for Jerry Sloan than anything. The problem I have is the Drama that this b1tch is going to bring to the Spurs. If I wanted to watch Drama, I could turn into TNT or the daily soap operas or whatever.

That is SPURS BASKETBALL.

Dalamar_the_Dark
12-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Screw all you sunshine fans out there!

I'd support the team regardless of who they sign and in spite of how well they perform. Yeah of course losing hurts but unless the spurs front office does a New Jersey Nets on me Im going to support the SAN ANTONIO SPURS. period.

Dalamar_the_Dark
12-14-2004, 02:04 AM
To quote timvp:

I While it's a cheap way to play basketball, it's more a product of playing for Jerry Sloan than anything.

Finally someone agrees with me that its all Jerry Sloan's fault!

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:05 AM

Again...I am not talking about the individual player...I was referring to Super's post that he would stop being a Spurs fan. I have no problem with someone disliking Karl Malone, I dislike Karl Malone, but to totally give up on the Spurs because of one player is bullshit.

Kori Ellis
12-14-2004, 02:07 AM
No it's not Mikey. That's the point. If I were a Blazer fan for 20 years and the team started having rapists, druggies, blahblah on their team. I'd dump the team. You don't have to root for a team that represents things you're against.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:09 AM
if it got to the point of the Blazers where it was rampant, I would agree but one player? Bringing in Karl Malone, which again for the record I am not in favor of, is not going to single-handedly bring down all the good things the Spurs franchise represents.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Nothing would make me happier than to see Rasho become more assertive and make the need for a personnel change less important. But given his history that seems like a fool's errand.

I'd like to see Pop go to Massenburg a little more this season when things get rough in the paint. Giving he and Malik more minutes is one way to improve the Spurs' frontcourt play without having to sign someone.

As for Malone, everything is a matter of the point of vantage in the NBA. From a Spurs fan's perspective Duncan is next to no one in the NBA, a no-nonsense workhorse who doesn't get the pub he deserves. To fans of rivals TD can definitely look like a whiney bitch who is all too willing to complain about calls that go against him.

The same could be said about DRob. To Spurs fans he was immaculate, to non-Spurs fans he was a great talent who didn't elevate his game in the postseason or was, yes, "soft." Now while some of that criticism may or may not have been unfair, think about how that criticism jives with the criticisms of Malone offered in this thread. Again, the point of vantage seems to reign supreme.

Sure, Malone's personal life leaves something to be desired. Certainly in the history of the San Antonio Spurs have they never had any significant players of ill repute. Never.

The way I look at it, this team needs some improvement in the frontcourt. I'd rather see that change come from within, but that seems like a dicey proposition, much like bringing in a 41 year old coming off a serious knee injury and changing up the rotation does as well. Yet I'm not going to get worked up about it if the Spurs do go with the latter option. The Spurs have added veterans before who had done the Spurs prior harm and who were of less than admirable character.

Buck Harvey wrote a column once which mused that Spurs fans would have worshipped Malone much as they did DRob had the Spurs not lost that coin flip in 1985. And had DRob ended up with a conference rival then I am sure that Spurs fans would have had no problem calling him every name in the book.

To me, it's not worth getting worked up over whether a 57 year old Karl Malone joins the Spurs or not. If you think that doesn't make me a 'true' Spurs fan, please find something else to worry about.

Experiment2100
12-14-2004, 02:12 AM
The problem I have is the Drama that this b1tch is going to bring to the Spurs.

That's the beauty of it, the Spurs don't have to put up with his Drama. If he starts any BS obout PT or off court stuff Pop can say bye bye. What would they be him signing for. Malone isn't stupid enough to start shit. He won't want to mess up his last shot at a title. What would be more interesting is how the media would try and start stuff where there isn't. Sorry to sound like a broken record.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:13 AM
Sure, Malone's personal life leaves something to be desired. Certainly in the history of the San Antonio Spurs have they never had any significant players of ill repute. Never.

Willie Anderson neglected child support, Rod Strickland liked to run around hotels in a towel then dropped said towel, Sean Elliott cheated on his first wife and The Iceman burned himself free-basing. The Spurs have had their share of bad behavior.

Kori Ellis
12-14-2004, 02:13 AM
Whatever Mikey. You can't say that a person is disloyal for sticking to their moral ground.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM
Im not saying don't stick to your morals. Don't root for Karl Malone I don't plan to. But don't Duncan, Parker etc. deserve our support?

thispego
12-14-2004, 02:17 AM
If the Human Halftime Special signs with the Spurs, me and baseline bum are going to move to Cleveland for the year and cheer on LeBron.

I'm sick of the Drama Queen already and he's thousands of miles away. I'll let you guys deal with it.

:lol lol, yeah I did forget you saying that timvp

And I dont wish you gone exstatic, by any means. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
12-14-2004, 02:17 AM
I don't care if Karl Malone comes here. I'm not arguing for me. I'm saying that YOU can't judge people as disloyal for making a choice not to root for a team for having a player on it that doesn't represent something they like. YOU have no place to judge them as disloyal. That's all I'm saying.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:19 AM
And I dont wish you gone exstatic, by any means
I don't either.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:23 AM
I don't care if Karl Malone comes here. I'm not arguing for me. I'm saying that YOU can't judge people as disloyal for making a choice not to root for a team for having a player on it that doesn't represent something they like. YOU have no place to judge them as disloyal. That's all I'm saying.

point taken. being judgemental was not my intention. my point was that team loyalty should be paramount. I guess I did not express that point properly.

T Park
12-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Sean Elliott cheated on his first wife

actually that was before his first wife, that he had the kid out of wedlock.

HIs First wife, Akiko, left him while he was recovering from surgery, from the kidney operation, left with a male stripper to Miami I think.

I remember this like it was yesterday cause Jay Howard was telling it, and Jay Howard and Sean Elliott were, and still may be tight.

"She left him saying something like, I cant live in SA, a woman like me deserves to be in Miami" something like that.

BTW, said that to him in the hospital, nice lady that Akiko.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:25 AM
I had friends that worked at Rennert World Travel. They used to handle the teams travel before they used their own plane. They all said she was sweet and had less than favorable things to say about Sean. Sad, really.

timvp
12-14-2004, 02:26 AM
When did this turn into The National Equirer? I heard David Robinson stepped on his dogs paw accidentally.

:jack

T Park
12-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Once again, the team, and the players, are still good.

Dale Ellis was a total pile of trash before coming to the Spurs, did anyone drop off the wagon when he came?? nooooo

Dennis Rodman, what more do I need to say about that nutjob, no one jumped off, hell more people jumped ON.

This organization doesnt make many wrong personal moves.

The bad moves the Pop era has made, I could prob count on my hand.

Carl herrera, Samaki Walker, Jaren Jackson's resigning, not resigning Stephen Jackson

timvp
12-14-2004, 02:27 AM
If Drama Queen comes, I'm out. Simple as that. I don't watch WWF wrestling and that is, sadly, what the Spurs will become.

Watch.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:28 AM
but was it an accident?!?!? Enquiring minds want to know! :spin

T Park
12-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Mikey,

lol, ive heard different, the truth obviously lies somewhere in the middle.

T Park
12-14-2004, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE]I'm out[QUOTE]

Thats too bad.

Well miss you at the games, foolish IMO, but, whatever.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 02:33 AM
I still say Malone is not needed. Let him go to Miami and mess that team up.

baseline bum
12-14-2004, 02:45 AM

Fuck that. You Spurs fans in SA have it easy. You know how hard it is to be a Spurs fan on the arch enemy's turf? I'm sure you don't have people trying to start fights or have 100 people in a bar all talking shit to you and booing you. Don't say a fucking thing about my loyalty, because I rep in LA win or lose. I sported Spurs gear just as strong after the 2001 sweep as I did after the 2003 title.

I'm not gonna fucking rep Karl Malone. Fuck him, fuck his cheap shot tactics, fuck his flopping, fuck his drama queen attitude, fuck his constant whining to the press (whether it's about Kobe, taking less in LA, how $18 million wasn't enough in Utah, how he doesn't get the same respect as Jordan, or whatever), fuck his disappearing act late in important games, fuck his wanna-be movie career, fuck his child-raping past, fuck his deadbeat-dad act, fuck Rogaine and LA Gear and anything else he's ever endorsed, and fuck any team that ever has him - be it the Lakers, Heat, TWolves, or Spurs.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:47 AM
If Spurs fans could cheer on a team with Dennis Rodman, a player who did indeed cause problems for the team, then I can't see the angst about Malone. But hey, it's still just entertainment.

whottt
12-14-2004, 02:47 AM
I notice that many of the guys that are going to shelve their fandom are also many of the ones who want AJ's jersey retired.

The irony...live by the Pop die by the Pop I suppose.

But let's realize what ever tradition of high character and class that the Spurs have, begins and ends with David Robinson.

Not Pop. At last Pop is finally going to suceed in pulling off one of his scumbag manuevers and he will no longer get the character benefit he's mooched off of Drob.

Pop has tried to aquire: wife beaters(Kidd), potsmoking malcontent crackpots(Sheed), coach strangling idiots(Spree), other types of idiots(Webber)....on top of that he tried to screw David Robinson...and now Karl Malone.

Oh yeah...he's pursued accused rapists as well(Kobe). Pop isn't classy. He's just like every other coach in the NBA...the exceptional class and high character came from David Robinson.

I was dead set against Malone, but never to the point that I was going to quit being a Spurfan...the only thing that would have made me stop being a SpurFan was if he had suceeded in screwing Drob. Then I would have gone to what ever team Drob went too. Screwing Drob like he tried to do was just wrong.

So I'm philosophical about it...if I can live with AJ's jersey being retired and Kidd being signed, if I can live with Pop being a dumbass about using offensive players, such a dumbass that he hurts our title chances(and no not just this season)...etc...I can live with Malone. Malone IMO, is not as bad a guy as Kidd or Sheed etc...

Besides...Malone may have a role to play if we meet Houston in the playoffs..I just want to see him give Juwan one of those eyesocket fracturing elbows. Juwan's got it coming.

But make no mistake about it...Malone will change the chemistry of this team, everyone that calls him a choker is absolutely right, he is a choker, he is a drama queen.

And people, he is old and broken down. I doubt he is going to have the impact many think...that's part of the reason I am not as against signing him as I was originally...

I finally realized, regardless of what those I was arguing with think...he's not going to get heavy minutes. He has the potential to hurt this team if he starts, not on the deep bench...and I expect he will wind up on the deep bench. He's 41 about to be 42, he's coming of a knee inury...he's broken down, he's old, he's beat up....If I thought he'd get substantial minutes I'd still be really against signing him.

There are some benefits...Pop has lucked out of some really stupid manuevers...Kidd...Webber...etc...IMO, his luck will finally run out if he gets Malone, and people will realize that he can be a total dumbass...this is not to say I want him to leave the franchise, because I don't...but he needs to be questioned and not put up on a pedestal, because he's attemped to do some dumb freaking things and maybe he won't be so full of himself if he makes a dubmass moves and gets caught on it. And maybe he won't have so many Nazis...

But anyone that thinks Malone is going to be some kind of winner...they're just wrong...he has slight value as a thug, the humorous value of watching him break down on the Spurs, and nutride a ring, and make Pop look like a dumbass...but he's not gonna make any difference in if we win a title...if anything he'll make it harder to achieve if he's getting big minutes. But that shouldn't be a problem because he's done, even if Pop tries to give him minutes he will break down again.

I just hope he's got one elbow left in him for Juwan.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
I didn't see mikeyp's comment about "loyalty." Gotta disagree with that. Complaining about a team's actual and/or prospective personnel moves does not make one 'disloyal.'

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 03:00 AM
But anyone that thinks Malone is going to be some kind of winner...they're just wrong...he has slight value as a thug, the humorous value of watching him break down on the Spurs, and nutride a ring, and make Pop look like a dumbass...but he's not gonna make any difference in if we win a title...if anything he'll make it harder to achieve if he's getting big minutes. But that shouldn't be a problem because he's done, even if Pop tries to give him minutes he will break down again.

The same could have been said about Jerome Kersey and Danny Ferry.

whottt
12-14-2004, 03:07 AM
Danny Ferry.

You must have missed the 01 WCF...In any case, Danny was never on teams as good as the teams Malone choked on, he was never the Superstar choking bitch Malone has been.......and Kersey did choke often on good teams until he became bench scrub for the Spurs...

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Was he not on the 03 team? Good night.

whottt
12-14-2004, 03:13 AM
Yeah and I give him credit for it...game 2 Pho in 03 where he pulled down 10 boards with no Willis or Drob was a huge game for us...and may have been a pivotal point of that season...But that was the only game he played...and Ferry still couldn't buy a freaking shot in that game.

And I need to point this out again...Ferry never played on teams that were as talented as the teams Malone has choked on...It's not like Ferry blew a ton of opportunities...the 01 WCF was his best, he sucked, but he was also injured IIRC...

It's not the same thing...Ferry didn't have the losers aura Malone has. Ferry and Kersey didn't play for a 3 time defending champ with three other HOF'ers on it, and still fail to win...

Bad comparison.

Ginobilly
12-14-2004, 03:15 AM
This is a basketball we are talking about, this isn't life! :rolleyes
All people saying that they will stop being Spurs fans are lying. I don't want to see any of those people celebrating when Tim, Manu, TP, Malone(if he signs) win a third one for SA. And about Malone's Character? Sure he's a dirty fuck in the basketball court and I wouldn't mind other physical teams like Seattle and Phoenix getting a few elbows from him in the playoffs. I haven't heard anything negative other than that bullshit Kobe/Vanessa fiasco about Malone outside the court. I could care less what Spurs players do in their personal lives as long it's nothing illegal like the Potland players. If Manu,TP and TD swing wives or go to stripclubs, I could care less, as long as they bring another championship to the city.

GrandeDavid
12-14-2004, 03:45 AM
sickdsm, as a Wolves fan with only one measly division title and only two miserable playoff series wins in around 14 or 15 seasons, you really have absolutely no business in the peanut gallery making any snide remarks about the Spurs, two time champions with countless playoff series wins, including several over your team, and countless division titles. :rolleyes

Go-spurs-Go
12-14-2004, 03:48 AM
"If I were a Blazer fan for 20 years and the team started having rapists, druggies, blahblah on their team. I'd dump the team."

rapists, druggies --> that's too extreme! Here, we are only talking about signing a player.

"You don't have to root for a team that represents things you're against"

That's true, BUT, at the same time, we (as fans) also SHOULD NOT judge the situation (whether or not signing Malone) based on our own subjective personal preferences.

Can we 100% sure that Karl will make the team worse? or can we 100% sure that Karl will NOT make the team better?

Who knows all of this and the nature of the Spurs team better than Pop (the coach)! Let him decide and make his decision.

Clandestino
12-14-2004, 03:49 AM
bunch of pussies..."i will stop being a spurs fan if malone signs with us"... good... go root for the clippers or some team like that... spurs are the "SAN ANTONIO" spurs..not the tim duncan spurs or ginobili spurs or not even the gervin spurs..they are the team that SAN ANTONIO puts fwd... i will root for them no matter who is on the fucking team...

Go-spurs-Go
12-14-2004, 03:52 AM
"This is a basketball we are talking about, this isn't life!
All people saying that they will stop being Spurs fans are lying. I don't want to see any of those people celebrating when Tim, Manu, TP, Malone(if he signs) win a third one for SA. And about Malone's Character? Sure he's a dirty fuck in the basketball court and I wouldn't mind other physical teams like Seattle and Phoenix getting a few elbows from him in the playoffs. I haven't heard anything negative other than that bullshit Kobe/Vanessa fiasco about Malone outside the court. I could care less what Spurs players do in their personal lives as long it's nothing illegal like the Potland players. If Manu,TP and TD swing wives or go to stripclubs, I could care less, as long as they bring another championship to the city." - Ginobilly

I totally agree to this!!

GrandeDavid
12-14-2004, 03:53 AM
I say bring him in! I've never really been a big anti-Malone guy, anyway. When David got elbowed by him I was living in the Netherlands and didn't get much coverage of it, anyway. He irritated me as a nemesis of the Spurs when the Jazz were tough as nails, but that's all in competition. I honestly have no problem with Malone coming to San Antonio and think it might make the long NBA marathon season a bit more entertaining.

coachtf
12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
I have to chime in and say that I can't stand Karl Malone. If I were anywhere close to the floor the year he elbowed DRob my ass would have been arrested or probably dead because I would have gotten a broom stick or something and busted his ass if I could have. I have never been more upset with the team than I was that year because nobody did shi* to back Dave after Malone knocked him out.

With all that being said when it comes down to this team they have two weak spots in my mind. They are soft down low and they lack some balls in the paint. If Malone is healthy he can provide some toughness and a jumper that would free up Timmy. Malone is an excellent passer and I think he would be awesome with Tony on the pick and roll and high screen and roll. That would allow Tim the freedom to set up off the weak block and give him two options to go to work offensively. IF Karl is healthy it is a no brainer like it or not!

Karl can also provide some defensive help because of his understanding of team defense and in all honesty his game is better suited for Spurs b-ball than it was in LA. If Karl comes with a clear head I think this team keeps him focused and he could be a positive.

If I were in charge of the team I would let his ass go somewhere else. With that being said I have heard all along from anybody who knows anything that it was SA or LA and that most thought it would be SA. My guys in Chicago have said all along that Karl was to selfish not to go to the Spurs and that the LA situation and Kobe gave him a way out.

Timvp is right this SOB is nothing but a drama queen. Do the positives out number the negatives? At this point in his game probably not. Could the Spurs use a productive and healthy Karl Malone? In my opinion yes. What they have right now down low is not going to get them past Minny come playoff time. Is Malone the answer? We will see because I think he is on his way like it or not.

Warlord23
12-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Following this discussion over the past few days, I think the root of the whole argument is that there are 3 different types of Spurs fans, and the reason for the disagreement is that they've all been following the Spurs from different points in time, and have different emotions.

Type 1 : The guys who fell in love with the Spurs during DRob's time or even before. I think much of the faults pointed out in Malone are essentially the result of observing his dirty tricks up close, as a division rival throughout the 90s. The Jazz and the Spurs have a long history, and Malone and DRob are the protagonists, with Malone being the quintessential bad guy who resorted to the meanest tricks in the book against David and the Spurs. This is the reason you're violently against Malone's name being associated with this franchise, DRob's franchise.

Type 2: The people here either followed the Spurs from not too long ago, or weren't that emotionally attached to this club during DRob's time. I think they're practical to the extent of agreeing that Malone is a dirtbag, but that he's still a more-than-capable player and can really help us out this season. He may be the hired gun that we need to go all the way. They certainly don't agree that his past should be held against him now.

Type 3: These guys aren't emotional on the Malone issue, but they really question whether he can make an impact at his age and with his knees. Is it really worth bringing him in and watch him do one or more of the following:
a) not contribute to match our expectations
b) mess up team chemistry
c) break down physically at a crucial juncture
d) choke when it counts

Before the Kobe-Karl saga I was a Type 2 fan who really wanted Malone on board to get us over the hump. But after reading up on whatever's been happening of late, I hate to say this: this guy is looking less and less like a championship-winning piece. In fact he looks like a short-sighted drama queen who really hasn't figured out what it takes to win and is hopping teams to get a ring without really earning it.

Look, if we want veteran experience, we need a guy who can contribute where we are weak. I'm sure most of us would agree that our biggest problem is how to take the pressure off Tim during 4th quarters ... but Malone IS NOT clutch. Yes, Malone is better than Rasho. He can hang with the KGs and Wallaces, but can his knees survive that long? One more thing, I think it is unfair to saddle Rasho and Massenburg with all the blame relating to our 4th quarter woes. Most of the time when we choke, its because either Manu or Tony or both aren't doing enough. Barry hasn't even started doing enough. Malone can't fix all this. Yes he can elbow Fortson and Collison, but would that be the missing piece which dramatically changes our 4th quarter production? I think not.

I believe Malone can help us with toughness and rebounding, but I don't think he's the missing piece; he isn't gonna be the difference-maker in terms of a championship. His help would be incremental more than transformational. But when you balance these against his ego, his knees, his lack of clutchness and the potential threat to our chemistry, I don't think this deal makes sense. Maybe we still aren't championship-caliber, but Malone isn't gonna change that. Just my take.

slayermin
12-14-2004, 04:45 AM
I hate Karl Malone because of his style of play. The elbow to Dave was, IMO, malicious and vicious. He has that karate chop strip that he uses. He uses his elbows to clear room for a jumpshot or pass. He uses his elbows to gain rebounding position. He has that flying kick driving to the basket. He's a flopper. He cries to the refs the entire game.

But he is a hardworker. I do respect his work ethic. He worked out at the Bally's Gym in Downtown LA, a couple years ago which happens to be the one I frequent. He was working out on an elliptical when I walked into the club. The Jazz were playing the Clippers the next night. I don't know how strenuous other players workout on an offnight, but Malone was there before I got there and was weight training when I left one hour and a half later. Peter Chilcutt was also there working out with an assistant but they left way before Malone.

The drama queen stuff? I really don't care about that. He is not unstable like Dennis and plays just as hard.

I hope he doesn't come because I want these Spurs to win it all. But if he does come, I will still cheer for the Spurs, not Malone.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 04:47 AM
With all that being said when it comes down to this team they have two weak spots in my mind. They are soft down low and they lack some balls in the paint. If Malone is healthy he can provide some toughness and a jumper that would free up Timmy. Malone is an excellent passer and I think he would be awesome with Tony on the pick and roll and high screen and roll. That would allow Tim the freedom to set up off the weak block and give him two options to go to work offensively. IF Karl is healthy it is a no brainer like it or not!

Indeed.

What concerns me most as a Spurs fan is that the Spurs are doing what it takes to win a championship. It would concern me if the Spurs were not seriously entertaining the notion of adding Malone. Now this is not to say there aren't concerns about such an addition, namely his health and also the disruption of the change. But he has shown himself to be a committed teammate, something which by all accounts he proved last season while filling a role in LA. Malone could easily have spent this season and the last in Utah making $20 mil a year, chasing the all-time scoring title, and still being the man on a team.

Instead he chose to pursue a championship for close to a minimum salary as a role player.

The Spurs do need to get more physical up front and they also need to increase their aggressiveness as a team. These are not new issues in this forum. If I felt those problems could be solved from within the organization I would be opposed to bringing Malone in.

As for the "he's not a winner" complaint, come on. The Spurs have added vet role players before who didn't have rings. Malone's role in SA wouldn't be to carry a team, that's the job of TD, TP, and Manu.

At the end of the day what matters most to me is that the Spurs win and don't waste Duncan's prime. I think it's shitty that Duncan has to carry a gimp like Radosoft. How many more 4 point, 4 rebound nights must TD and we endure? If a 57 year old Karl Malone can do a better job and wants to play in SA do you turn that down and saddle TD with another year of ho-hum help up front?

If giving TD the help he needs entails adding a physical big who happens to be the #2 all time scorer in the league, a player who has shown himself certainly capable of suppressing his ego for the good of the team, and willing to play for the minimum, sobeit.

Now I will try to fall asleep again. This is what I get for taking the patented 4 hour nap when I got home from work.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 04:49 AM
Before I forget, whottt, trying to take away Ferry's performance in the Suns series doesn't cut it.

exstatic
12-14-2004, 05:40 AM
Tony Massenburg played GREAT and provided needed muscle for Sacto last year when CWebb was out. Give him some burn in non-garbage time, Pop. Don't believe the hype. There's nothing that Warm Karl can provide that's not already on your roster.

BronxCowboy
12-14-2004, 08:10 AM
I'll die a Spurs fan, but I will never, ever support Malone. Whether the spurs win or lose, I will still be a fan. In fact, if Malone is on the team, I hope they lose. I still love my Spurs, but I can't see letting Malone have a ring. Regardless of what uniform he's wearing, he will never be a Spur. Just like Rodman. He wore silver and black, but he was just a sideshow. Malone, IMO, is similar but more malicious and infinitely more subtle. I'll still cheer for the other guys, but I have absolutely no love for Malone. Finally, if the Spurs sign this bastard, it's time for some major, major changes in the front office/coaching staff. Damn Pop for pursuing this jerk.

Hook Dem
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM

I see your political and sports analogy are much the same. Pull off the blinders.

romsho
12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
At the end of the day what matters most to me is that the Spurs win and don't waste Duncan's prime.
Exactly. Good enough for Popovich, the organization, the team, but not for some disgruntled fans? Oh well. Enjoy Cleveland BB and TimVP. He's coming.

MI21
12-14-2004, 08:51 AM
If the Spurs sign Malone, a few months focusing on my own Basketball game will do me good, because I sure as hell aint gonna be caring about how the Spurs go.

Fuck Malone.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Sweet blessed coffee.

As for the "drama" I have seen referred to in this thread, what "drama" has Malone brought to the lockerroom of a team he was a member of at the time? Think about that for a minute. The "drama" is usually relegated to fluff offseason matters or a matter of personal style. WWF. Hunting. Referring to himself in the 3rd person. Etc.

When it comes down to playing the game, being part of a team, assuming a role, playing hard, and not causing any problems then I don't see much of the typical NBA "drama" in Malone's career which does give one pause: complaining about not getting the ball enough, making every little disagreement public, etc. Malone's off court, offseason antics may be a bit tiresome but the man knows how to do his job.

Look at the Lakers last season. Which of the two 'name' free agents who joined created the standard lockerroom drama? Wasn't Malone. Now which player took a larger pay cut to join? Which player gave up the serious pursuit of the all-time scoring title? Which player was regarded as a total team player that held that team together in the lockerroom and was totally committed to winning a championship? That was Malone.

Yes, much of Malone's schtick is tiresome, but as long as that is the only "drama" he would bring to the Spurs then I don't have a problem with the possibility of him joining the team.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 09:44 AM
because I rep in LA win or lose That was my point all along. I was wrong for dropping the disloyalty card. Props to you for staying true.

I like what warlord said, although there should be a category for a lot of us here that have been Spurs fans since the 70's. By Warlords criteria, I am a type 3. The Spurs are 17-5, they must be doing something right.

tekdragon
12-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Just make sure you stick to your guns, Malone-Haters.

Don't show up for the party in June.

Jumping off on ethical grounds does not make you bandwagoners.

Jumping back on when we win does.

King
12-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Does anybody else catch the irony that the people threatening to hang up their Spurs fandom during Malone's tenure, should he sign here, are the ones calling Malone a drama queen?

Sure...Malone's the drama queen.

Whatever helps the team win, is my stance. Let Malone take the minutes from Rasho.

SpursWoman
12-14-2004, 11:55 AM
When it comes down to playing the game, being part of a team, assuming a role, playing hard, and not causing any problems then I don't see much of the typical NBA "drama" in Malone's career which does give one pause: complaining about not getting the ball enough, making every little disagreement public, etc.

That's the only thing I ever really remember hearing about him while he was in LA. What drama are we talking about?

It'd certainly be even more weird to me than when Horry donned the Silver & Black, or even Rodman (I loved Rodman right up until that playoff crap, btw) but I certainly wouldn't stop supporting the Spurs. :wtf

whottt
12-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Before I forget, whottt, trying to take away Ferry's performance in the Suns series doesn't cut it.

1 game does not a series or season make. I didn't want to see Ferry getting substantial minutes in the playoffs, and I didn't hear you calling his number either.

Besides, Ferry knew he was done, he retired.

And Ferry was what..38? Kal Malone is nearly 4 years older, so you can imagine how much he is breaking down.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:05 PM
What drama are we talking about?

Basically it's a combination of his history as a Spurs playoff killer and his personality. It's not enough for me to really care. Were Jerome Kersey, Mario Elie, and Terry Porter 'true Spurs' or whatever? Fuck no. They were vet role players. Hired guns. If they help win a title while they are here, good.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:06 PM
1 game does not a series or season make. I didn't want to see Ferry getting substantial minutes in the playoffs, and I didn't hear you calling his number either.

Besides, Ferry knew he was done, he retired.

And Ferry was what..38? Kal Malone is nearly 4 years older, so you can imagine how much he is breakig down.

At least come with an argument. Ferry fit your profile and he certainly came to SA and helped win a championship.

I noticed you didn't even try to stretch an argument wrt Kersey. Give it a fucking rest and worry about the Coyote and Shane Heal or whatever.

whottt
12-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Like I say, I'm not really against it...but the fact that the guy that championed the sign Jason Kidd movement is also championing this one, gives me reason to pause.

Serious reason to pause.

whottt
12-14-2004, 12:08 PM
At least come with an argument. Ferry fit your profile and he certainly came to SA and helped win a championship.

I noticed you didn't even try to stretch an argument wrt Kersey. Give it a fucking rest and worry about the Coyote and Shane Heal or whatever.

How about this one? Jerome Kersey wasn't 42 years old.

And again:

Ferry 38

Malone 42

And I would probably bring a better argument if I was truly against it...and if you'd scroll your ass back you'd realize that dumbass...but I'm not going to shoot rainbows out of my ass over his signing...it's just not that big of a deal.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Coming from the man who thought that Shane Heal was a NBA player I could give a fuck less.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Malone 57

Nesterovic 28

whottt
12-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Coming from the man who thought that Shane Heal was a NBA player I could give a fuck less.

He was more of one than Anthony Carter.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:18 PM
They both sucked.

manustarting2gd
12-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey Timvp, I call SR.com dibs on at least one game for your "lower level" tickets if Malone does get signed... after all you wont be watching , right?

SpursWoman
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
What's "SR.com dibs"? :wtf :lol

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey Timvp, I call SR.com dibs on at least one game for your "lower level" tickets if Malone does get signed... after all you wont be watching , right?

Oh no he didn't.

manustarting2gd
12-14-2004, 12:32 PM
SR.com dibs means...."this site, including all posters within SR.com" :smokin :lol...

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:36 PM
eh?

whottt
12-14-2004, 12:47 PM
They both sucked.

LOL but we din't have to eat 1.5 mil for one of them to suck...One of them we went 3-2 without Tim Duncan or Tony Parker in the lineup...

And one of them had numbers after 6 games similar to Brent Barry after 21 games...Brent Barry making the @ the MLE of course.

There are levels of stupidity...at the highest lies those who wanted Jason Kidd and think it's better to pay the MLE or eat 1.5 mil for a player to suck, instead of 500K.

Guess which level you are at?

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Thankfully I am not at your level, the level which obsesses about a crap player and knocks adding a 1st team All-NBA player to the one the Spurs had, if he wanted to join the team.

Fucking dumbass.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Dammit I hate Spurs fans. They knock adding decent ones to the team for whatever offense, real or imagined, yet will jock someone who can't even sniff the NBA as if he's the second coming.

whottt
12-14-2004, 12:56 PM
and knocks adding a 1st team All-NBA player to the one the Spurs had, if he wanted to join the team.

Fucking dumbass.

1st Team All-NBA? :crack

In the stoneage maybe...

Shit, go dig up Wilt...maybe he can still drop a hundred on someone.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 12:59 PM
1st Team All-NBA? :crack

In the stoneage maybe...

Shit, go dig up Wilt...maybe he can still drop a hundred on someone.

2001-02 he was.

2002-03 he was on the 2nd team, behind Bryant and McGrady on the 1st.

But he couldn't hold a candle to Shane Heal and The Coyote. No doubt.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Dammit I hate Spurs fans. They knock adding decent ones to the team for whatever offense, real or imagined, yet will jock someone who can't even sniff the NBA as if he's the second coming.

For the umpteenth time, RIF, I'm not really against it at this point..but that doesn't excuse stupidity on your part...

The reason I don't share your naive view is because your caveman like approach to building a team is overly simplistic and lacks any foresight whatsoever...Jason.

#1Rule: There's only one ball. Having too many guys that want it is worse than not having enough. And only one guy can score at a time...

#2Rule: Players get old. And there's nothing more cancerous or dangerous than a player who is past it but doesn't realize it...and it gets even worse when he has fans that don't realize he is past it or the danger in making him a big part of the team...Nothing fucks up a team worse.

#3Rule:The pieces have to fit...other wise it doesn't matter how much talent you have...you can't run a team of 5 Centers or point guards out there and expect to win an NBA title. All the roles need to fit.

And Chemistry is everything...

And the golden rule...

#4:Karl Malone is title kryptonite. Some thing are immutable...Sharks eat people, you are a greedy talent hording mercenary type fan, and...Kal Malone is title kryptonite.

He was such incredibly powerful title kryptonite that aging has actually weakened his title kryptonite radiation. And if it hadn't I'd be fighting against signing him.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
So you're for it but you're against it because you're for it. Makes sense.

The only stupid fucker I see here is you.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
So you're for it but you're against it because you're for it. Makes sense.

The only stupid fucker I see here is you.

I can't help it that you're a caveman.

But anytime you think you know shit just remember you wanted Jason Kidd @ the max.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:22 PM
And just remember that you thought Shane Heal was a NBA player.

That the Spurs should retire #2!

That David Robinson was more clutch than Michael Jordan.

That you think "professional" wrestling is real.

And so on.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
And just remember that you thought Shane Heal was a NBA player.

He was.

That the Spurs should retire #2!

They should. They need to do something to restore the credibility they will lose when they retire AJ's Jersey. And I don't like Reggie the fat Coyote.

That David Robinson was more clutch than Michael Jordan.

Never said it...Drob wasn't clutch...at the same time, he wasn't a choker either.

That you think "professional" wrestling is real.

And so on.

It is real, it's just the winner that is predetermined.

Meanwhile...

Jason Kidd.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:31 PM
:lol

I mentally own your filibustttering ass.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Yea cause everyone knows it's hard to get me to argue...Good job you.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:38 PM
And BTW there was something about you laughing in that post that reminded me of NBAdan...

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Man, you're just like Artest.

BigVee
12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Let's forget all this horseshit you guys are throwing at each other and not lose sight of one fact. If Malone can return to last year's form, forget the past 20, he is still a better player than Horry, Rose, Rasho, Massenburg, Marks, or any other big man except you know who. And you get him for practically nothing. Where's the controversy?

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Where's the controversy?

It's San Antonio.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah? And you're just like Sybil.

Artest>Malone(or Kidd) at this point.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:44 PM
I see my last comment to you flew over your head. No surprise.

LakerGod
12-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Brent Barry is a BUST!

LOL :lol

Great offseason pickup.

BigVee
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Brent Barry is a BUST!

LOL :lol

Great offseason pickup.

How's Vlade doing? Idiot

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Let's forget all this horseshit you guys are throwing at each other and not lose sight of one fact. If Malone can return to last year's form, forget the past 20,

Who's throwing shit? I am just toying with MB until someone that actually has passion on this subject, and is actually against signing Malone, comes along to really kick his ass.

he is still a better player than Horry,

Tell that to the Rockets and Lakers. And Shaq and Hakeem for that matter...

At the very least, Horry doesn't get injured in the finals.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
It's not a surprise you are a "pro" wrestling fan. Your bluster is much on that level.

As for Horry, after last postseason you might want to rethink your position.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
I see my last comment to you flew over your head. No surprise.

I just hope my Sybill comment didn't fly over yours.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:55 PM
That was rather uninspired. I see you still can't make out what I am referring to.

whottt
12-14-2004, 01:56 PM
As for Horry, after last postseason you might want to rethink your position.

Why should it? None of Karl Malone's' chokes have caused you to rethink your position...

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Why should it? None of Karl Malone's' chokes have caused you to rethink your position...

Who went on to the next round? Oops.

whottt
12-14-2004, 02:00 PM
That was rather uninspired. I see you still can't make out what I am referring to.

And I suggest you switch to a smarter persona because this one couldn't fly a cloud over a snake's dick.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:00 PM
I see the white flag has been raised.

whottt
12-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Who went on to the next round? Oops.

And eventually lost when it mattered most...

Who's been in the finals 5 times and hasn't lost yet?

whottt
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
I see the white flag has been raised.

Don't flatter yourself...people that can't even speak english draw more fight out of me than you are doing now.

T Park
12-14-2004, 02:04 PM
loL@ whott, couldnt fly a cloud over a snake's dick.

DUde TWO great lines I gotta add to the Sig.

Whottt I agree with you probobly 100%.

I dont like the guy personally, but if keeping him from Minnesota and Miami, and him giving quality minutes means winning a ring, so be it.

Although, he campaigned for George W Bush in I think Utah this summmer, so how bad could the guy be??

Im for it!!

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Who had the opportunity to carry the Spurs past the Lakers but didn't even draw fucking iron on a wide open 3 with a minute left in the crucial Game 5?

Now who guarded Duncan and helped control the defensive paint for his team?

Horry isn't clutch anymore. So it's time we get a real big in here instead of a small forward masquerading as one.

Try again.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Also, I haven't argued that Malone is "clutch", only that the Spurs could use a physical role player like him.

Keep fishing.

wildbill2u
12-14-2004, 02:09 PM

Bulls (Jordan) x 6

On the Utah vs. Chicago game, Mr. Basketball (Jordan) reaches out with his left hand and pushes Jeff Hornacek so hard he stumbles out of the way for Jordan's last second winning shot.

If the refs don't give superstar Jordan the non-call in the waning seconds of his final game, the Jazz win that series. Check it out on a video some time.

T Park
12-14-2004, 02:11 PM
pushes Jeff Hornacek

Byron Russell.

And, even if Russell was on him good, he wouldve made that shot.

Its the way it was meant to be.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Don't flatter yourself...people that can't even speak english draw more fight out of me than you are doing now.

Yeah, you like fucking with illegals, don't ya?

wildbill2u
12-14-2004, 02:14 PM
but was it an accident?!?!? Enquiring minds want to know! :spin

Actually he caught the dog made a pass at his wife. the dog had a nasty habit of humping in public.

wildbill2u
12-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Byron Russell.

And, even if Russell was on him good, he wouldve made that shot.

Its the way it was meant to be.

I'll take your word that it was Byron Russell, but it really doesn't matter. My point is His Airness went out as a legend because the refs allowed him to make an illegal play. Utah should have got the ball or FTs.

whottt
12-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Who had the opportunity to carry the Spurs past the Lakers but didn't even draw fucking iron on a wide open 3 with a minute left in the crucial Game 5?

Too much time was left on the clock...and he did show up in game 6.

I can sit there and find quotes by Phil saying they made Horry a defensive priority because they didn't want him to beat them.

Now who guarded Duncan and helped control the defensive paint for his team?

During the Lakers threepeat? Horry.

Horry isn't clutch anymore. So it's time we get a real big in here instead of a small forward masquerading as one.

Try again.

And I'd rather just stick with Malik than sign Mathusela.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Horry was such a defensive priority the Lakers gave him a wide open look from 3 and he shanked it. Horribly.

Horry never did as good a job on Duncan as Malone did. Never.

Malik is good but he isn't that good.

whottt
12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Horry was such a defensive priority the Lakers gave him a wide open look from 3 and he shanked it. Horribly.

He's a last second shot specialist, not last minute.

Horry never did as good a job on Duncan as Malone did. Never.

He didn't? I didn't see the Laker double teams with Malone causing 9 point outings and 10 turn over games by Duncan like they did when Horry was part of them.

Malik is good but he isn't that good.

He is now, he's also got more rings. He's also better than Wilt now. I fully expect Malik to be ahead of Malone in the rotation when it is all said and done..otherwise I'd be dead set against signing Malone.

Malik will do a better job than Malone of banging so if that is why you want Malone you are barking up the wrong tree.

Malone has one semi-redeeming skill left...he can probably still throw that elbow and he will probably be more inclined to do so than ever before...I'm just hoping he uses it for an act of good for once and ends Howard's season.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:36 PM
LA didn't need to double TD when they had Malone. Duh.

At least try next time, ok?

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:37 PM
He's a last second shot specialist, not last minute.

Ok that's just dumb. Horry is certainly known for hitting big shots late in games, not just at the last second.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Malik does not have the game a 57 year old Karl Malone does.

cqsallie
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
"At this point in his career Malone is a hired gun, much like Elie, Kersey, Porter, and Horry. They were brought in to fill a role and that would be the case with Malone."
And the Spurs are the guys in the West Texas town who hear that the big guns are coming...
San Antonio has an inferiority complex - I'm not talking just the Spurs, I'm talking the average SA citizen. These people have no idea how really great they are - they bow, genuflect, scrape and whisper misereres at the slightest provocation.
Well, guess what? San Antonio is happening!
For some reason, we aren't content with filled venues for our sporting events, we want what the Lakers have.
How does having film stars on the sidelines make for a better team?

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:46 PM
we want what the Lakers have.

If you mean more than 2 championships, you're right.

Supergirl
12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Spurs can win it all without Malone.

On the other hand, I don't think adding him will hurt, and it might help. People forget, or don't want to admit, that a big part of the reason why the Spurs lost last year was his D on Duncan. And a big part of why the Lakers lost to the Pistons was because he ran out of steam in that series. So, if he wants to come here, and he can put in 10-15 minutes a game, play tough D, hit some shots, why not let him? I see him filling a Kevin Willis role, if anything, and taking minutes from Tony Massenburg, and he's definitely better than him. But I don't think Malik or Horry will lose minutes, as long as they're playing well.

ALVAREZ6
12-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I still say Malone is not needed. Let him go to Miami and mess that team up.

exactly.

screw Malone, we want Scola

ALVAREZ6
12-14-2004, 03:42 PM
How's Vlade doing? Idiot

haha lakergod is a fucking joke.

Laker, how are the LAkers doing this season, i didn't really notice them.

T Park
12-14-2004, 05:45 PM
because he ran out of steam in that series

that and he had a knee that couldnt take the pounding anymore, it needed surgery.

He never played in the Finals last year I dont believe.

baseline bum
12-14-2004, 07:39 PM
I would rather see Malone win a ring with the Lakers than the Spurs win one with him. If he signs in SA I'll be cheering for a first round upset at the hands of Kobe, unless he happens to get injured.

If he gets hurt for good in the first round of the playoffs I'll cheer for the Spurs to win the title so that he gets the ultimate *-ring... and only then will I cheer a Spurs team with Malone on it.

Any success a Spurs team has with Malone on it is worthless to me as a fan.

baseline bum
12-14-2004, 07:46 PM
He never played in the Finals last year I dont believe.

He had 4 points on 2-9 shooting with 11 boards in 44 minutes in game 1.

mattyc
12-14-2004, 10:14 PM
I'll always support the Spurs.

I'll never support Malone the individual.

toosmallshoes
12-14-2004, 10:20 PM
so sign him to a one year, grit your teeth during the championship celebration, and then axe him and bring in scola next year.