PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo slams Katrina spending

George Gervin's Afro
09-01-2007, 01:06 PM
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/tancredo-slams-katrina-spending-2007-08-31.html

By Klaus Marre
August 31, 2007
GOP presidential hopeful Rep. Tom Tancredo (Colo.) said Friday it is “time the taxpayer gravy train left the New Orleans station” and urged an end to the federal aid to the region that was devastated by Hurricane Katrina two years ago.
“The amount of money that has been wasted on these so-called ‘recovery’ efforts has been mind-boggling,” said Tancredo, who is running a long-shot presidential campaign. “Enough is enough.”

Citing administration figures, the lawmaker said that $114 billion has been spent on the effort to rebuild a large stretch of the Gulf Coast after the storm hit New Orleans in August 2005 and claimed more than 1,600 lives.

“At some point, state and local officials and individuals have got to step up to the plate and take some initiative,” said Tancredo. “The mentality that people can wait around indefinitely for the federal taxpayer to solve all their worldly problems has got to come to an end.”

The lawmaker criticized in particular the amount that has been wasted through fraud and abuse, estimated at $1 billion.

“This whole fiasco has been a perfect storm of corruption and incompetence at all levels,” he added.

And Tom T is silent about the unecessay war we are wasting 10 times more on... This guy is a conservative favorite...

ChumpDumper
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Citing administration figures, the lawmaker said that $114 billion has been spent on the effort to rebuild a large stretch of the Gulf Coast after the storm hit New Orleans in August 2005 and claimed more than 1,600 lives.....The lawmaker criticized in particular the amount that has been wasted through fraud and abuse, estimated at $1 billion.So less than 1%? Compared to contracts in Iraq, that's damn good.

Extra Stout
09-02-2007, 08:15 AM
This guy is a conservative favorite...
...which is why he is leading in the polls for the Republican nomination, rather than polling under 1%. Oh wait...

George Gervin's Afro
09-05-2007, 08:52 AM
...which is why he is leading in the polls for the Republican nomination, rather than polling under 1%. Oh wait...

not all republicans are conservatives.... oh wait....

Extra Stout
09-05-2007, 11:17 AM
not all republicans are conservatives.... oh wait....
Less than 1% of Republicans are conservatives? What?

101A
09-05-2007, 11:45 AM
ES in a TKO

George Gervin's Afro
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM

your stuck on 1%... once you move past that we can discuss how he is a conservative favorite.

http://www.conservative.org/pressroom/2007/070227pr2.htm

"Few Members of Congress consistently display the brand of conservative leadership Tom Tancredo exhibits," said J. William Lauderback, Executive Vice President of the American Conservative Union (ACU), CPAC’s lead sponsor. "He is a man of principle, honesty, and distinct courage. While Tom’s Lifetime ACU Rating of 99 makes him an obvious friend of ACU and CPAC, it is his willingness to stand up and fight for what he believes in that makes him a hero to so many of our 5,000 grassroots activists. We look forward to hearing his views on the state of the border enforcement debate in Congress and other important issues of our day," concluded Lauderback.

step away from the keyboard. I can go on all day providing you reference after reference of his standing with conservatives.. admit he's a favorite.. let me guess your 1% reference is to his running for president.. I believe Duncan Hunter is another conservative favorite ,but,but,but he's getting ?% in the Presidential polling... I guess your standard for grading conservatives is how they poll for president.. gotcha. I'll remembr that. However I must ask, if a conservative is not running for president does that exclude him from being a conservative favorite?

101A
09-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I've always kind of considered Tancredo an idiot.

I'm conservative.

George Gervin's Afro
09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I've always kind of considered Tancredo an idiot.

I'm conservative.

Luckily I never said all conservatives.. :rolleyes

101A
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Fine.

Could some conservative on the board who considers Tancredo a favorite please chime in?

Oh, Gee!!
09-05-2007, 01:37 PM

most have abandoned true conservative ideals? Wha?

Extra Stout
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
step away from the keyboard. I can go on all day providing you reference after reference of his standing with conservatives.. admit he's a favorite.. let me guess your 1% reference is to his running for president.. I believe Duncan Hunter is another conservative favorite ,but,but,but he's getting ?% in the Presidential polling... I guess your standard for grading conservatives is how they poll for president.. gotcha. I'll remembr that. However I must ask, if a conservative is not running for president does that exclude him from being a conservative favorite?
So, by "conservative" you don't mean "everyday citizen" but rather "grassroots activist."