Argrocketfan by far
I am already starting to think he will be the next Carlos Boozer because of him

incansables
09-01-2007, 05:48 PM
whottt

ArgSpursFan
09-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Iīm a spurs fan.dont get it twisted
just love prooving the scola haters were wrong.
and happy for him too,but thatīs all.

timvp
09-01-2007, 06:31 PM
First of all, if you put a gun to my head, I'd take Bonner over Scola. Bonner is a better shooter and probably a better rebounder. Overall Scola is probably the better player but for the Spurs, Bonner fits more with what the Spurs do.

Scola I've always said will be Antoine Carr II. Good scorer from the post and a jumper out to about 15 feet. Can get his shot off quick. Plays with fire. However, won't be a great rebounder or defender and has the history of sulking if they think that they are being treated unfairly. They are almost exactly comparable.

How would Scola/Carr fit on the Spurs? Decent. Would he be a Pop favorite? No. Would he work well next to Duncan? Offensively he'd probably be fine. Defensively he wouldn't. If you bring in Scola, he'd be most useful when Duncan is out of the game. But come playoffs, Duncan is in the game more and more.

My contention with the Scola trade was never that Scola was some superstar who could come to the Spurs and become the Hispanic David Robinson. My contention with it is the Spurs got horrible value for their commodity. Scola in the right situation (like under Adelman) can be a productive NBA player. You don't give that away for nothing.

If Scola's value was so low, you call his bluff and wait until next year. Then when Horry and Elson leave, you replace them with Splitter and Scola. At that point, you can play Scola and trade him if he's not working out. A signed and sealed Scola has much more value than an unsigned, unseen Scola.In what language is this take pro-Scola?

ArgSpursFan
09-01-2007, 06:34 PM
In what language is this take pro-Scola?

I took the Carr II comparison as a compliment.
but,what do I know..

objective
09-01-2007, 06:46 PM
If Carr didn't shred his ankle during that Suns series I still think the Spurs pull the upset.

Cant_Be_Mated
09-01-2007, 06:59 PM
whottt is the best at posting while high

Kori Ellis
09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
If ArgSpursFan doesn't win in a landslide, it would be a travesty.

ArgSpursFan
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
anything is possible in S.A.
nothing sorprises me since Scola will wear a Rockets jersey next season.(for nothing in exchange)

ScolaDynasty
09-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Pretty soon I'll win. :smokin I KNOW Scola will be a fantastic NBA player. He will average at least 15 and 7. He'll win Rookie of the Year, then next he will win Most Improved Player, then the year after that he will win MVP. Face it, Spurs are done. :smokin

whottt
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Pretty soon I'll win. :smokin I KNOW Scola will be a fantastic NBA player. He will average at least 15 and 7. He'll win Rookie of the Year, then next he will win Most Improved Player, then the year after that he will win MVP. Face it, Spurs are done. :smokin

Close....but not the best...

The NBA should just give the O'Brien to Scola and say we quit

whottt
09-01-2007, 08:14 PM
whottt is the best at posting while high

Busted! I gotta admit...I thought it was gtown, but this post clinches it...schitzboy. Now go take your meds....