PDA

View Full Version : No - No in boston

DOMINATOR
09-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Clay Buchholz threw a no hitter tonight against the orioles. surprised no one posted about it.
second career start.
first rookie in red sox history to throw no hitter.

K-State Spur
09-01-2007, 11:51 PM
unofficial. everything against the O's is an exhibition at this point...

Horry For 3!
09-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Scott Baker had a perfect game into the 9th but then he walked the first batter and then the 3rd batter, Sweeney got a hit off of him. So close.

Erect as a Bull
09-02-2007, 04:32 AM
Yea Baker came so close. It would have been crazy to have back to back days with No hitters. But Congrats to Clay for filling in. He sure did a good stuff. I was pissed that Boston didn't trade him to Texas for Gagne. :lol Damn kid. But Congrats.

Jimcs50
09-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Only 2nd player in 107 years to throw a no hitter in his 2nd start in the majors.

:smokin

Boston needed this shot in the arm.

DNS Error
09-02-2007, 12:15 PM
good for him.

Melmart1
09-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Damn, he is such a scrawny, baby-faced kid. My favorite part was when Beckett was saying "better than Schilling, right here!" or somethig like that as Curt was approaching him to hug him. That lost no-no Curt had a month or two back must sting like hell now.

But what a boost, and right when the Sox needed it most. Four-game losing streak, swept by Yankees.. this was exactly what they needed, when they needed it. Nice!

peewee's lovechild
09-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Big friggin deal.

The Yanks will still hand thier asses to them again.

Melmart1
09-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Big friggin deal.

:rolleyes

BTW, I would just like to extend my condolences to FromWayDowntown, florige, K-State Spur and any other Orioles fans I missed. I remember when the Rangers got no-hit by Buerhle earlier in the season it was tough to take. It's exciting when it happens as a baseball fan, except when it happens to your team.

Erect as a Bull
09-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Big friggin deal.

:lol and we will do so in the playoffs as well(assuming we both make it)

and yea Mel, I agree. It sucks when it happens to you but it is exciting. I was happy for the guy because he seems like a cool kid. As long as it wasn't Beckett or Curt.. or Even Dice-gay.. hell Even Lester.

Damn I hate all of them.
But I didnt mind this no hitter from him.

But he better not keep it up. lol

Melmart1
09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
:lol and we will do so in the playoffs as well(assuming we both make it)

and yea Mel, I agree. It sucks when it happens to you but it is exciting. I was happy for the guy because he seems like a cool kid. As long as it wasn't Beckett or Curt.. or Even Dice-gay.. hell Even Lester.

Damn I hate all of them.
But I didnt mind this no hitter from him.

But he better not keep it up. lol
I hope he keeps it up. I hope they all keep it up for the next series :)

A very good friend of mine just bought tix on ebay for the Friday night game, he paid a pretty penny but they are awesome seats and he is flying in for a weekend in his hometown. He has never been to a Sox-Yanks game in person so I hope he has a blast, I bet thats an awesome experience. Be even nicer for him if Sox win. :spin

Erect as a Bull
09-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Yea I was at the first 2 games(doubleheader) of last years 5 game sweep vs Boston. :)

I like it at Fenway actually. Its a nice stadium. Maybe since we won I liked it a lot better.
It wasn't all that expensive though for me.

60 bucks and 45 bucks.

I payed 280 earlier this year for a game.

florige
09-03-2007, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes

BTW, I would just like to extend my condolences to FromWayDowntown, florige, K-State Spur and any other Orioles fans I missed. I remember when the Rangers got no-hit by Buerhle earlier in the season it was tough to take. It's exciting when it happens as a baseball fan, except when it happens to your team.

Yeah the fun just keeps on mounting here in Baltimore for my O's.... :depressed :depressed :depressed Unfreakinbelievable! The only solace I take in this embarassing season is when we finally get back to the Oriole way, it will be all that much sweeter.... :toast