PDA

View Full Version : Spring has sprung! Or in your case, autumn...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 12:34 AM
First up: to the prospective flamers, please go back to the Troll forum - I'm posting here because this is the Club, a civilised place to share your news with friends.

Secondly, for the information of my good friends in SA, I have been dating a wonderful young woman for about a month now, and my inability to concentrate, churning stomach when I think about her, matching value sets, our chemistry, etc. tells me that something very special is developing. I won't call it "love" quite yet, but it's well on the way to being so... ;)

Some of you know that I have been single for about two years following a difficult breakup with a girl that, for a long time, I thought I should have married. Those feelings faded this year (thankfully!), and now I've finally met someone who makes me feel special again, and at the same time adds energy to my life and inspires me to be a better man. Two years alone doesn't like very long, especially given that I've lived most of my adult life alone, but the big hole in my life was really getting to me. Well, now that's all gone and I feel totally renewed! :D :spin

She's an amazing woman in so many ways and best of all she seems to dig me. She certainly understands me pretty well, and that's crucial, and so difficult to find. Really, I haven't been this happy in years... in fact, I'd forgotten what it is like to totally connect with a woman the way we have, and what a wonderful revelation it is! Also, she is looking to be posted overseas (probably the Pacific or Asia), I finish my Masters in February, and if things continue to develop between us I'll follow her wherever she goes, which is yet another exciting prospect. Have to wait and see on that one.

Anyway, just thought that some of you might like to know that. This pretty much sums up how I've been feeling lately:

:blah :clap :blah :clap :blah :spin :downspin: :downspin: :downspin: :spin :D :D :D :D :D

:lmao

Ruff

Samr
09-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Sounds like someone just got laid.

Lance
09-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Is Ruff really an Aussie, or another mouse troll?

Kori Ellis
09-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Congratulations, Matt. I'm glad you are at least moving past that other relationship.

timvp
09-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Looks like my advice worked. Congrats.

:smokin

Asia or the Pacific? You need to get her to the US.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Congratulations, Matt. I'm glad you are at least moving past that other relationship.

Lance - You are the best of the new trolls, by far. :lol

Thanks Kori. :) I think I have been over the last relationship for a while, but in my darker moments of the last year or so I always wondered whether I made a mistake there. I feel like that has finally been put to rest...

I knew I really liked my new gal when, after our first (lunch) date, although nothing remarkable had happened, I found myself skipping for a few steps as I walked back to my car, and smiling inanely (I'm not someone who smiles all the time). At that moment I knew something was going on! :lol

The scary thing is that we almost missed that lunch date - we'd agreed on 12.30 Friday, and she told me only to contact her if I couldn't make it, so I didn't confirm. On the Friday morning she sent me a text on my phone, but my stupid Nokia shitbox didn't display it and sent it straight to my inbox. At 12.45 I sent her a message saying that I was still waiting, then she called me. By that point I was really depressed (I have had a number of misfortunes involving women of late), and I was ready to call it off, but she said she was already there and I turned around and there she was! The morals of the story - screw Nokia phones, and always confirm regardless of circumstances. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Looks like my advice worked. Congrats.

:smokin

Asia or the Pacific? You need to get her to the US.

Yup, thanks pal, you rock! :D

As for the US, true, but she's into development work so I doubt it. However, the US is a lot closer to Fiji or the like than Aus, so at least it's a step in the right direction! :lol

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2007, 02:46 AM
Sounds like someone just got laid.

most definitely

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Uh, no.

Go troll somewhere else, and take your racist, offensive sig with you.

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Uh, no.

Go troll somewhere else, and take your racist, offensive sig with you.

It's actually a collection of Names arranged in hilarious order

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 05:05 AM
No, it's making a mockery of another race's language, and I don't find it "hilarious" at all. I find it offensive.

That sort of "humour" may have been "funny" in the 70s, but now it ain't cutting the mustard, at least not IMHO.

MannyIsGod
09-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Sounds like someone just got laid.:tu

Gerryatrics
09-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Sounds like someone didn't get laid after all...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Fer fucksake, there's more to life than sex, and because I respect the person I'm talking about I will neither confirm nor deny your facile suggestions. That stuff is no-one's business but hers and mine.

I can get laid any time. However I very rarely meet a woman who makes me feel like this.

I now regret this thread. I thought people might like to discuss the subject of love and springtime/autumn and the process of falling for someone, but no, it has already degenerated into a discussion of whether I got laid or not, even though we are in the Club, not the Troll forum.

ST is far superior during the NBA season when people don't have too much time on their hands. :pctoss

MannyIsGod
09-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Ruff I like you and all, but come the fuck on. You posted this in the Club and you haven't gotten put down or anything of that sort but you have to expect some ribbing when you post something about love in a forum dominated by tesosterone. This isn't Oprahtalk dude.

Congrats on your new relationship though, and here's to hoping for lots of good sex to come.

peace.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Ruff I like you and all, but come the fuck on. You posted this in the Club and you haven't gotten put down or anything of that sort but you have to expect some ribbing when you post something about love in a forum dominated by tesosterone. This isn't Oprahtalk dude.

Congrats on your new relationship though, and here's to hoping for lots of good sex to come.

peace.

Fair call Manny, peace indeed.

Still, why must men be so sex-oriented? Maybe I'm actually a lesbian..? :lol

Cupid
09-02-2007, 07:17 AM
My work is not done. Take it easy Ruff and spread the love you have for Lance around.

09-02-2007, 10:02 AM
First up: to the prospective flamers, please go back to the Troll forum - I'm posting here because this is the Club, a civilised place to share your news with friends.

Secondly, for the information of my good friends in SA, I have been dating a wonderful young woman for about a month now, and my inability to concentrate, churning stomach when I think about her, matching value sets, our chemistry, etc. tells me that something very special is developing. I won't call it "love" quite yet, but it's well on the way to being so... ;)

Some of you know that I have been single for about two years following a difficult breakup with a girl that, for a long time, I thought I should have married. Those feelings faded this year (thankfully!), and now I've finally met someone who makes me feel special again, and at the same time adds energy to my life and inspires me to be a better man. Two years alone doesn't like very long, especially given that I've lived most of my adult life alone, but the big hole in my life was really getting to me. Well, now that's all gone and I feel totally renewed! :D :spin

She's an amazing woman in so many ways and best of all she seems to dig me. She certainly understands me pretty well, and that's crucial, and so difficult to find. Really, I haven't been this happy in years... in fact, I'd forgotten what it is like to totally connect with a woman the way we have, and what a wonderful revelation it is! Also, she is looking to be posted overseas (probably the Pacific or Asia), I finish my Masters in February, and if things continue to develop between us I'll follow her wherever she goes, which is yet another exciting prospect. Have to wait and see on that one.

Anyway, just thought that some of you might like to know that. This pretty much sums up how I've been feeling lately:

:blah :clap :blah :clap :blah :spin :downspin: :downspin: :downspin: :spin :D :D :D :D :D

:lmao

Ruff

Well damn, I had this whole great deal about sheep stations, spring shearing and advice from Tlong, but since you asked for civility...

MI21
09-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Cool, Ruff. Good on ya man, I'm in a similar situation at the moment. Except we are complete opposites in everything but personality, but somehow its working out despite her being from a completely different culture and is religious as well as younger. It's amazing and great.

The Aussies are going good at the moment :D

09-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Speaking of Aussies doing well, what are the odds for the Wallabies in Pool B next week?

mrsmaalox
09-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling! :elephant

Fillmoe
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM

you sound like my girl.....

CuckingFunt
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
you sound like my girl.....Then you must not be doing it right.

Fillmoe
09-02-2007, 12:50 PM
minus the lesbian part of course.....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Cool, Ruff. Good on ya man, I'm in a similar situation at the moment. Except we are complete opposites in everything but personality, but somehow its working out despite her being from a completely different culture and is religious as well as younger. It's amazing and great.

The Aussies are going good at the moment :D

Great to hear, mate. :) Cross-cultural relationships can be challenging, but as long as you are patient and try to understand each other, and communicate openly and honestly when you don't, the barriers can be negotiated and bring you together even more strongly. At least that was my experience with my Japanese girlfriend.

It constantly amazes me how bringing the right person/people into your life can totally change your perspective. It's also a great relief to know that, once you've been in love, it can happen again - I was starting to doubt that...

What I know from my last relationship is that if we do continue to grow closer to the point where we are integral to each other's lives and ready to give forever a try, I won't mess it up this time... or at least I'll try really hard not to mess it up... (there are never any guarantees) :lol

Mister Sinister
09-02-2007, 03:20 PM

:lmao Maybe you're bisexual and you just don't know it. I ask that same question all the time. Oh, and congrats and all that.

Sunshine'sSupervisor
09-02-2007, 03:39 PM
got some bad news for you ruff.

clambake
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
don't EVER let her read this thread. unless you want to be owned.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 03:59 PM
don't EVER let her read this thread. unless you want to be owned.

Indeed.

This is the second time I've used a message board to talk about personal stuff, and the last time. In future if I want to let people over there know about what's going on in my life I'll use email or the phone.

Oh well, live and learn. :rolleyes

Fillmoe
09-02-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope you really didn't expect people to respond in a serious manner.

Melmart1
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I hope you really didn't expect people to respond in a serious manner.
And what if he did? Would it be so bad?

That being said, I didn't think anything anyone said here was offensive, it was rather tame and I was impressed by the restraint, compared to other threads about relationships I have seen. He was just overreacting, imho.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2007, 08:47 PM
And what if he did? Would it be so bad?

That being said, I didn't think anything anyone said here was offensive, it was rather tame and I was impressed by the restraint, compared to other threads about relationships I have seen. He was just overreacting, imho.

Well, I have seen other successful relationship threads that prompted real discussions like Rashofan's thread a few months back. I thought others who have similar stories to tell from their lives recently might like to talk about them, but I guess not. That is probably because many of you know and care about Rashofan, but not nearly as many around here have met me (maybe 20-30 people all up) or give a shit, and fair enough.

Doesn't matter. I agree that the responses have been tame, and no-one has really been offensive, although I don't get why guys have to concentrate on the sex aspect of everything. It's just such a base approach to life...

Anyway, no harm done, nothing gained either, except some nice words from our hosts (:)), and the knowledge that my man MI21 is also in a happy place! In fact, it was all worthwhile for his contribution. Onya MI! :D

tlongII
09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Post a picture of her. This thread will be really fun if you do that!

2Blonde
09-02-2007, 11:51 PM
R-N-R,
I think you might be missing the point. You know that light- hearted feeling you have right now when you're with your girls???...Well the posters in here are just taking a little advantage of that with some light-hearted ribbing.

Haven't you ever teased a groom-to-be right before the wedding about never being able to sleep with anyone else for the rest of his life? You weren't serious then I'll bet!

Being in the first stages of love is magical & funny, and since people rarely can come up with magical comments on the spot then funny comments are the first thing that comes to mind.

I felt the same way I had lunch with my husband and we married 5 1/2 months later. That was 10 years ago and without fun and humor we certainly wouldn't have made it.

Good luck, lighten up and enjoy the attention you're friends on here are giving you.

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Congrats Matt. I am happy for you; wish you all the best. :)

Trainwreck2100
09-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Ruff you got a good woman don't be so negative be positive cause you got a good woman, you've won. Go you

marini martini
09-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Congrats to you Ruff :toast I hope it works out. There's nuthin' better than finding your soul mate, and being able to share the good and bad times.
I just got back from the best Holiday with the love of my life. We just celebrated 28 years together, and each year gets better and better :clap

TheSanityAnnex
09-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Fa Kin Su Pah Ruff!

Ronaldo McDonald
09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
R-N-R,
I think you might be missing the point. You know that light- hearted feeling you have right now when you're with your girls???...Well the posters in here are just taking a little advantage of that with some light-hearted ribbing.

Haven't you ever teased a groom-to-be right before the wedding about never being able to sleep with anyone else for the rest of his life? You weren't serious then I'll bet!

Being in the first stages of love is magical & funny, and since people rarely can come up with magical comments on the spot then funny comments are the first thing that comes to mind.

I felt the same way I had lunch with my husband and we married 5 1/2 months later. That was 10 years ago and without fun and humor we certainly wouldn't have made it.

Good luck, lighten up and enjoy the attention you're friends on here are giving you.

:clap

Sapphire
09-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Fa Kin Su Pah Ruff!

I'll have the #1, please. Sum Ting Wong, because that was pretty funny.