PDA

View Full Version : WVU > Texas

NoMoneyDown
09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I mentioned that WVU would be better this year than Texas and got reemed by a few people here for saying such blasphemy. Texas narrowly escapes victory at the hands of the almighty Arkansas St. Insians, 21-13, at home, while WVU demolished last year's 6th-ranked run defense, Western Michigan, 62-24. Texas will probably lose a LOT more games than even I thought this year (OU, NU, TAMU for sure). I think Texas will be HOPING for a whogivesashit.com bowl game this year.

johngateswhiteley
09-02-2007, 10:23 AM
while my love for t.u. is quite apparent on this board, lets not get carried away. it was just one game, A&M escaped Army last year and a shit ton of t.u. fans came in giving me and other Aggs shit only for A&M to beat t.u. in Austin. so lets not get crazy here...

that being said, it sure was humorous. though, i thought A&M and USC were lackluster themselves...but to a lesser degree.

Whisky Dog
09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I mentioned that WVU would be better this year than Texas and got reemed by a few people here for saying such blasphemy. Texas narrowly escapes victory at the hands of the almighty Arkansas St. Insians, 21-13, at home, while WVU demolished last year's 6th-ranked run defense, Western Michigan, 62-24. Texas will probably lose a LOT more games than even I thought this year (OU, NU, TAMU for sure). I think Texas will be HOPING for a whogivesashit.com bowl game this year.

Don't be ridiculous, you can't tell anything from the first game of the year playing against inferior opponents. That's like a preseason game in the NFL. It's a dumb argument because these two aren't playing each other any time soon, but I still think UT would win. Although the Big East is all the rage right now I still think it's overrated and filled with 3 good teams who beat up on each other. I think WVU gets beaten by Louisville and possibly Rutgers in the worst BCS conference. You'll be lucky to see a whogivesashit bowl.

Holmes_Fans
09-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Lets see how WVU does against a decent team with some real speed. #6 ranked run defense doesn't mean shit against teams who run the option. Texas was #2 last year, and they were the best in the country at stopping runs up the middle or to the outside but couldn't do shit against the option because it's an entirely different ballgame.

WVU will probably go undefeated them get blasted by USC in the championshiop. Even OU and tOSU will be laughing at their championship performance

DNS Error
09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
west vriginia's two speedsters vs a D said to be just as fast?

i'd watch that.

i sw one of sc's LBs carted off the field ..update?

KewlKat00
09-04-2007, 01:26 AM
i sw one of sc's LBs carted off the field ..update?

it was brian cushing. luckily just a sprained ankle. he will definitely be back before the nebraska game on the 15th.

Brutalis
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Just like Jones and McFadden would crush the Texas D this year. I agree.

DNS Error
09-04-2007, 09:57 PM
it was brian cushing. luckily just a sprained ankle. he will definitely be back before the nebraska game on the 15th.

thanks..

hmm, as far as i know that aint the one that hits hardest nor the fastest so its the other linebacker that has 1st round written all over him...

MajorMike
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
while my love for t.u. is quite apparent on this board, lets not get carried away. it was just one game, A&M escaped Army last year and a shit ton of t.u. fans came in giving me and other Aggs shit only for A&M to beat t.u. in Austin. so lets not get crazy here...

that being said, it sure was humorous. though, i thought A&M and USC were lackluster themselves...but to a lesser degree.

atm may have beaten UT last year, but it certainly doesn't mean they were the better team.

2centsworth
09-05-2007, 01:13 PM
WVU would stomp this UT team. No Vince Young = No more big wins. UT fans will go back to settling for the Holiday Bowl at best.

NoMoneyDown
09-05-2007, 03:01 PM
WVU would stomp this UT team. No Vince Young = No more big wins. UT fans will go back to settling for the Holiday Bowl at best.

Vince Young hid from the public how not-so-great of an OC Robinson is. Now we're seeing it. What amazes me is Texas has a slew of talent, but the coaching staff isn't utilizing the talent to the best of it's ability. WVU's head coach, Rodriguez, has at best a few blue-chippers on his squad yet utilizes his players to the best of their ability. If UT had Rodriguez, they'd be unstoppable.

MajorMike
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM

...Isn't the Holiday Bowl the best bowl atm has been in recently?

BeerIsGood!
09-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Vince Young hid from the public how not-so-great of an OC Robinson is. Now we're seeing it. What amazes me is Texas has a slew of talent, but the coaching staff isn't utilizing the talent to the best of it's ability. WVU's head coach, Rodriguez, has at best a few blue-chippers on his squad yet utilizes his players to the best of their ability. If UT had Rodriguez, they'd be unstoppable.

Greg Davis is the OC, and it's been no secret for years before Vince got here that he's weak as shit.

Greg Robinson was the defensive coordinator until the 2005 season.

And I agree that we are a good coaching staff away from being USC south. Mack is a great recruiter, but he needs to be the figure head and have some great assistant coaches behind him. Unfortunately, he and Davis are best buds and he won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

BeerIsGood!
09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Also, Mack needs to start really recruiting LB outside of the state of Texas. That is continuously the weakest position on D year in and out because Texas HS Football just doesn't produce great LB for some reason. They produce great everything else, but not LB. D. Johnson was the only top line, blue chip, NFL 1st rounder LB to come out of Texas HS in a long time.

RonMexico
09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
atm may have beaten UT last year, but it certainly doesn't mean they were the better team.

OSU beat A&M in the Big 12 basketball tourney, but it doesn't mean they were the better team.

With Mike's foot consistently in his mouth and reeking of TAMU hating, I wonder how he keeps down a full-time job... must need a Stephen Hawking speaking device.