PDA

View Full Version : Best NBA Related prize

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
This was an actual question I received as a participant in a NBA survey.
I am curious to know: 1) which prize would you pick 2) how you would list the prizes from most to least desirable.

Prize details:

NBA Commissioner for a Day – trip for two to New York, Commissioner seats for one Knicks game and $1,000 shopping spree at the NBA 5th Avenue Store

NBA VIP Gift Bag with NBA All-Star merchandise and exclusive gifts from NBA Partners (i.e., video game consol, NBA Live video game)

All-Star jersey and basketball signed by all 2008 All-Star participants

A trip for two to New Orleans for the 2008 All-Star Weekend (airfare, hotel and tickets to all of the All-Star events)

Lunch with an NBA All-Star

A pair of season tickets to the NBA team of your choice

A trip for two to China to watch Team USA in the 2008 Olympics

A half-court shot for a chance to win $1,000,000

$5,000 cash

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 06:38 PM
My picks in order from best to least ( and not an easy decision let me tell you.)

1) NBA Commissioner for the day ( Three reasons: Malik, Madison Square Garden, New York

2) Trip to the Olympics

3) Trip to All Star Game

4) Lunch with an NBA All-Star

5) $5,000 cash

6) A pair of season tickets to the NBA team of your choice

( Is low on the list only because I work during the Spurs games and so am already there.)

7)All-Star jersey and basketball signed by all 2008 All-Star participants

8) NBA VIP Gift Bag with NBA All-Star merchandise and exclusive gifts from NBA Partners (i.e., video game consol, NBA Live video game)

9) A half-court shot for a chance to win $1,000,000

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2007, 06:39 PM
The half court shot for sure.

I used to goof around and shoot them before practice, i'd have about a 25% shot at $1,000,000.

That's alot better odds than playin the lotto

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 06:41 PM

I used to goof around and shoot them before practice, i'd have about a 50% shot at $1,000,000.

Out of all those, that is what you'd take. Wow. The one non guaranteed prize.

Switchman
09-02-2007, 06:46 PM
season tickets.

duncan228
09-02-2007, 06:50 PM
If I can pick which All Star I have lunch with that's the one I'd want.

Then it would be:

The season tickets
The trip to the All Star Weekend
The All Star signed jersey and ball
The trip to the Olympics
The $5,000.
The gift bag
Commisioner for a day
Half court shot

This was fun Angel.
And not as easy to pick as I first thought it would be.

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
This was fun Angel.
And not as easy to pick as I first thought it would be.

It was an excellent survey question, wasn't it? I hope the NBA follows through on offering these prizes. How cool would that be! :)

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Out of all those, that is what you'd take. Wow. The one non guaranteed prize.

Might be non guaranteed, but if you win it would easily be the best.

Kori Ellis
09-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Season tickets or $5000 cash

MaNuMaNiAc
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM

I used to goof around and shoot them before practice, i'd have about a 25% shot at $1,000,000.

That's alot better odds than playin the lottoYou're telling me you make 1 out of every 4 half court shots you take?? Sorry dude, but I call bullshit on that

Ignignokt
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Season tickets or $5000 cash

duncan228
09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey Angel- Where did you get the survey from? How were you asked to participate?

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
It is the NBA Fan Forum.

I received an e-mail invitation to join. I don't know how or if you can sign up for it otherwise.

duncan228
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
It is the NBA Fan Forum.

I received an e-mail invitation to join. I don't know how or if you can sign up for it otherwise.

Thanks. I'm registered there, I haven't been there in a long time. I'll go check it out.

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
You're telling me you make 1 out of every 4 half court shots you take?? Sorry dude, but I call bullshit on that

Yea we used to screw around before practice and see who could make the most in a row. I think the most I ever had was 5. I could definately make 1 if you gave me 4 tries.

I'm also a college ball player I doubt your average fan would have that great of odds.

sprrs
09-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Tough one. Either between Season Tickets or commissioner for a day. I would choose commissioner for a day so I could force the Bulls to trade Nocioni to the Spurs for Beno and cash. Seeing the Spurs with Nocioni is more valuable than season tickets :spin

That's only assuming the commissioner could do that sort of thing anyway >_>

resistanze
09-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Lunch with an All-Star assuming he signs the jersey, hat and shoes, and picture we take together :lol

Then the $5000 cash then the season tickets.

B and P Cats
09-03-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd go to China to see the Olympics! It's probably the only chance I would ever get to go to an Olympics. Watch lots of basketball while there! :) :)

Switchman
09-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Tough one. Either between Season Tickets or commissioner for a day. I would choose commissioner for a day so I could force the Bulls to trade Nocioni to the Spurs for Beno and cash. Seeing the Spurs with Nocioni is more valuable than season tickets :spin

That's only assuming the commissioner could do that sort of thing anyway >_>

I will be Bulls GM/majority owner that same day and approve the trade. :clap

DON VITO
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Half court shot. I make about 1 in 6....but probably would not make it under that much pressure. Season tickets would be siiiiick.

MrChug
09-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Watching other non-competitive teams play bad basketball bore me.

I shoot pretty well from half-court but just my luck it'd be one of those "SHIT I WISH I COULD HAVE THAT ONE BACK!"

Five grand isn't that much money to me so to forego a real REAL memory would have to be a no-no.

I'd love the China thing, but as many different foreign countries I've been to I the anxiety always takes away the fun.

The rest of the stuff I could buy if I wanted to.

I HAVE been to All-Star weekend twice though and damn its an experience...

THAT or the season tickets-my 1st two pix.

The commissioner thing is a cool idea but it's not like you could say "TODAY I FORBID YOU FROM CALLING ANY FOUL ON A SPUR"...they'd probably frown on that shit.

tlongII
09-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Season tickets as long as they're good seats.

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
The commissioner thing is a cool idea but it's not like you could say "TODAY I FORBID YOU FROM CALLING ANY FOUL ON A SPUR"...they'd probably frown on that shit.

The prize description: NBA Commissioner for a Day – trip for two to New York, Commissioner seats for one Knicks game and $1,000 shopping spree at the NBA 5th Avenue Store

No power, but the VIP treatment.

Flopper
09-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll get the $5,000 cash then buy the season tickets with it, and I'll still have some spending cash left.

lefty
09-03-2007, 06:32 PM
...season ticket holder for Spurs games

Samr
09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
How I'd rank it:

1) Trip for two to China to watch a USA Basketball game -- one of those experiences that you would never forget. I can't imagine how cool that'd be to say you went to an Olympic game.

2)Trip for two to All-Star weekend and all the events -- see: above. This is just the neutered version.

3) $5000 -- Hey, experiences are cool, but so is money. This prize seems to have the least logistical problems associated with it (planning schedules of yourself and others around an event/prize) as well, which is why it is ranked high.

4) NBA Gift Bag -- I'm just assuming there is going to be some cool stuff in there, given that is included as an option among other expensive things like trips. I'm sure I'd make use of it all, too.

5) Pair of season tickets -- This would be ranked higher, but it's here because I just don't like the idea of going to every. single. game. Simply not worth the time and cost it takes to get down there and buy the requisite coke + food all season. Playoff tickets, different story, but I'd just turn around and sell these, or at least a majority of them, either way.

6) NBA Commissioner for a Day -- New York would be fun to see, but the Knicks are not. No desire at all. I'd rather see Sisyphus try to push a rock up at hill... hey, at least he has a chance, right? Or at least a better chance at success than the Knicks do. Also, I can't shake the feeling that the prize-winner would be hurried out the door by whatever staff is running this.

7) All-Star jersey and basketball, signed -- It'd make my penis feel bigger just owning these two. I can see it now....

8) Lunch with an NBA All-Star -- Ok let's be honest: neither of you are going to walk away from this a better man. You are going to be a tool, and he is going to consult his watch, often, to see when his required time is up.

9) A half-court shot for a chance to win $1,000,000 -- I am a horrible shot and I will surely find a way to trip on my foot or otherwise make an ass of myself in the process. I'd rather not be a youtube clip, thanks.

dallaskd
09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
i might take the half court shot cus i know i would j it. but incase i miss, i would take the season tickets or 5,000 cash.

Roxsfan
09-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I'll take the cash

dallaskd
09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll take the cash

why not 1,000,000? all you have to do is shoot a ball?