Who knew Lebron was good? breakthrough game anyone? /ironic

59-34 @ halftime

Switchman
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
haha @ Gonzalez kicking the table in the 1st qrtr

Scola is looking good.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Scola's FG% was too low to start a thread until the end of the first half.

Whisky Dog
09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Argentina seemed to not notice that leaving the USA's perimeter players WIDE OPEN at the 3 line was going to result in damn near 60% 3pt shooting in another USA blowout win. Even Lebron James, who the Spurs harassed and exposed as a weak shooter just a couple of months ago, is knocking down shots because there is no one within 10 ft of him.

picnroll
09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Scola has looked impressive. He has Boozer type ability, minus a bit of the rebounding but better D. Spurs should have kept him but I still wonder if they had the opportunity or if Scola wouldn't play for the Spurs or at least made the bluff which Spurs couldn't risk with getting nothing.

hendrix
09-02-2007, 07:01 PM

I start to think you have something personal against Scola. You cannot say 2 words if not about him.
We know you think he is a poor player.
We know you think he won't do well in the NBA.
We know you think Scola for nothing was a great move.
We get it.

danyel
09-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Chump, no I didn't make the thread because of that.

I think you're Scola starting to Scola get obssesed about Scola and start seeing Scolas name everywhere Scola.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I start to think you have something personal against Scola. You cannot say 2 words if not about him.No, I was explaining why a thread hadn't already been started about the game.
We know you think he is a poor player. Untrue. I think he's quite a good player in the leagues and competitions in which he has participated.
We know you think he won't do well in the NBA.Untrue. I don't know how he is going to play in the NBA and have repeatedly said so.
We know you think Scola for nothing was a great move.I think once the Spurs decided not to sign Scola, their options and time were very limited if they wanted to get anything for him.
We get it.No, you don't get it at all.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Chump, no I didn't make the thread because of that.Right, but no one else had started the thread by that time either. You can bet if he had scored 10 points in the first quarter, there would have been a thread started then.

I think you're Scola starting to Scola get obssesed about Scola and start seeing Scolas name everywhere Scola.I think Argentinians are becoming obsessed with my posts about Scola.

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Why no thread?

I know, right!
I figured I was the only one watching.

I miss seeing Manu play.

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 07:14 PM
The Argentina fans at the game are decked out, faces painted, flags, jerseys. Super cool!

danyel
09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Right, but no one else had started the thread by that time either. You can bet if he had scored 10 points in the first quarter, there would have been a thread started then.

I think Argentinians are becoming obsessed with my posts about Scola.

I wonder, is everything an argument for you?

I think you're getting obsessed about us getting obsessed about your Scola obsession.

Martin R
09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
this is UGLY to see.....

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I wonder, is everything an argument for you?Here? Sure, why not?

I think you're getting obsessed about us getting obsessed about your Scola obsession.And I think you're getting obsessed about my getting obsessed about your ChumpDumper obsession.

Martin R
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Scola is SCHOOLING Amare.

Switchman
09-02-2007, 07:28 PM
lol Scola is going to get lots of stupid fouls the first half of the season.

He also likes to clap a lot.

whottt
09-02-2007, 07:32 PM
At least all the players on Team Argentina are Argentines...right timvp?

timvp
09-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Untrue. I don't know how he is going to play in the NBA and have repeatedly said so.Actually, you said that Scola would be a good fit on the Spurs' bench before the trade. After the trade, you said that Scola was too much of a square peg to fit in Pop's round hole.

BTW, did you ever find the thread that was the source of me "mocking you" for you "wanting Scola" back in "2005"?

Martin R
09-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Scola is SCHOOLONG Tyson C.

US is SCHOOLING Argentina. lol

picnroll
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Scola definitely has Bozzer type footwork.

Medvedenko
09-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Good luck next year Argies.....

Martin R
09-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Good luck next year Argies.....

same for you, guys.

timvp
09-02-2007, 07:37 PM
At least all the players on Team Argentina are Argentines...right timvp?Wha-?

Too bad for you they aren't Australian or else you'd be making excuses for the entire team . . .

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually, you said that Scola would be a good fit on the Spurs' bench before the trade.Did I say anything like that this year? I'd like a link to that though it wouldn't surprise me all that much as I freely admit to flip-flopping on Scola because once again -- I don't know how he will work out in the NBA. I have always maintained that his upside is Corliss Williamson with perhaps some added Argie mojo -- but that's not the kind of player that has historically worked well with Duncan. When there was roster space, there was no problem taking the cahnce just like we did with Butler. Now? The Spurs made their choice after the Butler experiment failed.
BTW, did you ever find the thread that was the source of me "mocking you" for you "wanting Scola" back in "2005"?So why did you make that particular post and direct it at me?

whottt
09-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Wha-?

Too bad for you they aren't Australian or else you'd be making excuses for the entire team . . .

Did the Dominican Republic annex California or something?

timvp
09-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I freely admit to flip-flopping on Scola because once again -- I don't know how he will work out in the NBA.Fair enough.

So why did you make that particular post and direct it at me?You are the one that said that my caption was directly associated with another thread where the source of timvp "mocking you" for "wanting Scola" could be found. You sure found that caption post fast. You still haven't found that more damning thread where I called you out for wanting Scola?

Strange.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
You are the one that said that my caption was directly associated with another thread where the source of timvp "mocking you" for "wanting Scola" could be found. You sure found that caption post fast. You still haven't found that more damning thread where I called you out for wanting Scola?

Strange.I'm too lazy to look.

You can't tell me why you made such a specific post directed at such a specific poster?

Strange.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
BTW the US won.

Scola's line:

32 min
23 pts
10-21 fg
3-6 ft
3 ast
5 reb
4 fouls

timvp
09-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm too lazy to look.

You can't tell me why you made such a specific post directed at such a specific poster?

Strange.So you weren't too lazy to look for that caption post but you are too lazy to look for the thread that lead to that caption post?

Strange.

But I'll remember not to mention your name in a thread in which you post multiple pictures of a player because that would be "mocking you" to the point you have the thread bookmarked three years later.

duncan228
09-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Scola MVP.

timvp
09-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, timvp mocked me when I wanted to go ahead and sign Scola in 05 when we could have used another big man. Now, I'm mocked because I can see how the Spurs used him to dump salary without giving up future draft picks that could play on the other team they just bought.

This is was a pretty harsh shot at timvp for there to be no factual evidence behind it other than a photo caption made in jest.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 08:05 PM
This is was a pretty harsh shot at timvp for there to be no factual evidence behind it other than a photo caption made in jest.I don't believe it was any more harsh than your post made in jest. What was the meaning behind the jest? Was it simply made with no context?

T Park
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
A whopping 5 rebounds.

When Elson does that hes considered a stiff.

Scola does it, hes a god.

Hoy
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
More I see Scola more I get mad at Spurs FO.
Scola is better than Horry, Bonner, Oberto, Elson.
Scola is better than all of them put together.

Whisky Dog
09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Scola's offensive game looked good, but his defense is horrible. He's constantly out of position and that was evident when Stoudewhiner drove right past him and posterized him. I think we'll miss his offensive game during times when Duncan is on the bench, but I wonder if he would have accepted a backup role on that team? Especially with Oberto starting next to Duncan?

ChumpDumper
So you weren't too lazy to look for that caption post but you are too lazy to look for the thread that lead to that caption post?

Strange.That was easy to look up. username: timvp, keywords: Scola, save.

But I'll remember not to mention your name in a thread in which you post multiple pictures of a player because that would be "mocking you" to the point you have the thread bookmarked three years later.So you're saying you simply misunderstood what I was doing in the thread in the first place. Remind yourself to have your jokes make sense then. You obviously were under the impression that I was for signing Scola back then because you just said I was for it before the trade in another post today. Shall I link that for you?

Ariel
A whopping 5 rebounds.

When Elson does that hes considered a stiff.
Actually he's still considered a stiff if he gets 30 rebounds.

Whisky Dog
09-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Oberto's and Horry's defense is much better than Scola. Oberto's passing is superior to Scola. Horry's ball IQ and play making abilities are superior to Scola. Scola is a superior scorer, but do the Spurs really need a one dimensional scorer who is lackluster on D in the low post? For the money that he would have cost?

T Park
09-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually he's still considered a stiff if he gets 30 rebounds.

change his nationality and he goes from stiff to "hero" in the bink of an eye.

timvp
09-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't believe it was any more harsh than your post made in jest. What was the meaning behind the jest? Was it simply made with no context?

Did you ever look at the thread?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10330

You posted like eight Scola pictures in a row. I responded by making a joke. I apologize if that joke was too hard hitting.

But I at least want to see where this supposed mocking originally originated according to you.

Martin R
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM

yes, He is.

But SPURS don't need him. Spurs are good enough without Scola.

But, I will ALWAYS think about a SPURS team with MANU, OBERTO and SCOLA.

That, my firends, that would have been AWESOME to watch.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:15 PM

He's a better scorer...that's it.

The Spurs don't win championships because of their scoring....and we already have the best player in the world at inside scoring. And no...if we needed 2 of them...Drob wouldn't have started scoring 10ppg.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
IUf you guys want to talk Nocioni then we'll talk...

No Scola...want to be mad at someone? Be mad at John Paxon.

WalterBenitez
09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
USA kicked our ass, but It'll be interesting to see them again in Olympics.
Congrats to Luis, really a lyon in this tournament.
FIBA should move the 3s' line to NBA distance to get acustom to face NBA's players; this game was to lazy for USA's team, they make it rain balls, can't believe it they can't miss.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Did you ever look at the thread?Yep.

You posted like eight Scola pictures in a row. I responded by making a joke. I apologize if that joke was too hard hitting.Given what I said before posting the pictures -- "Let's find more crazy-eyed Scola pics." -- it just didn't make much sense. Now if you agree with your assertion that I was for signing Scola before the trade and you were thinking I was on some sort of Buddy Holly-esque idol posting binge, perhaps your joke makes sense.

Ariel
09-02-2007, 08:22 PM
change his nationality and he goes from stiff to "hero" in the bink of an eye.
Probably. A heroic stiff. :lol

AnotherArgie
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Kobe speaking in spanish for argentinean tv right now. He does it really well, I'm impressed.

duncan228
09-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Kobe speaking in spanish for argentinean tv right now. He does it really well, I'm impressed.

He's fluent in Spanish and Italian.

WalterBenitez
09-02-2007, 08:26 PM

Italian is close to Spanish and he lived there, so he probably understand spanish very well

Martin R
09-02-2007, 08:27 PM
KOBE showing CLASS on Argentine TV interview after the game.

He said he would like to visit our country one of the next summers, he showed a LOT of respect for Argentina.

I am surprised and impressed. I thought he was a big headed sort of guy.

duncan228
Post game press conference on NBA TV now.

picnroll
Scola is a better rebounder than I thought prior to the tournament. After this tourney I think the Spurs made a mistake. But I still think he probably wasn't willing to sign with them. Truthfully if he had signed with the Spurs guys like T Park would be creaming their jeans. Since he didn't he's trash.

DOMINATOR
how did amare make 1st nba team? hes not very good without nash.

AnotherArgie
09-02-2007, 08:28 PM
He's fluent in Spanish and Italian.

Yeah, I heard that, but I thought he was going to be more like "george bush speaking to the hispanic community" kind of spanish.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:29 PM
KOBE showing CLASS on Argentine TV interview after the game.

He said he would like to visit our country one of the next summers, he showed a LOT of respect for Argentina.

I am surprised and impressed. I thought he was a big headed sort of guy.

He is big headed....he's also extremely well spoken when he wants to be.

He's never had anything but extremely nice things to say about Manu and Tim Duncan and Pop.

But make no mistake about it...he thinks he's god.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I heard that, but I thought he was going to be more like "george bush speaking to the hispanic community" kind of spanish.

George Bush probably gets his hispanic brother in law to speak for him...

Ariel
09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Scola is a better rebounder than I thought prior to the tournament. Afte this torney I think the Spurs made a mistake. But I still think he probably wasn't willing to sign with them. Truthfully if he had signed with the Spurs guys like T Park would be creaming their jeans. Since he didn't he's trash.
It wasn't only Scola's camp that was claiming he was willing to take a 9M, 3 years contract, the Express-News did that as well. Since the Spurs don't officially release that information by themselves, that's about as good a confirmation as you're going to get. And where on Earth people got this idea Scola hates the Spurs and would rather set himself on fire than sign for the Spurs is beyond me. Seriously. I've watched a lot of interviews, read a lot of articles, and he never said anything other than how much he wanted to join the NBA, and that he understood the Spurs position. He even went so far as saying that, as a Spurs' fan himself, he wished them good luck and that he wishes he'd been a part of their recent success, and he didn't close the door for an eventual reunion when his contract is up. What else do you people want from him?

timvp
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Given what I said before posting the pictures -- "Let's find more crazy-eyed Scola pics." -- it just didn't make much sense. Now if you agree with your assertion that I was for signing Scola before the trade and you were thinking I was on some sort of Buddy Holly-esque idol posting binge, perhaps your joke makes sense.We could put an end to all these assertions if you just find a thread that proves you "wanted Scola" and I "mocked you" for wanting him.

You literally found that caption in less than a minute. Surely a couple days is suffice to find a thread in which your case is proven.

If you want to change your take to "timvp mocked me for posting eight Scola pictures in a row", then that'd make more sense. But if you want to keep hold of your take that I mocked you for wanting to sign Scola like you claimed, I'd appreciate a link.

Thanks.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 08:57 PM
We could put an end to all these assertions if you just find a thread that proves you "wanted Scola" and I "mocked you" for wanting him.I already linked the caption post, and you have already stated that you were under the impression before the trade that I was in favor of signing Scola, so it's pretty unnecessary.

You literally found that caption in less than a minute. Surely a couple days is suffice to find a thread in which your case is proven.Why waste that time? You stipulated to my part and your caption speaks for itself.

If you want to change your take to "timvp mocked me for posting eight Scola pictures in a row", then that'd make more sense.If your caption was simply about my posting eight pictures in a row of Scola's crazy eyes, then that'd make more sense. I apologize for misinterpreting the caption so carefully and painstakingly designed by you to make no sense whatsoever. I lose.

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Lol what's up with timvp picking on whottt and chumpdumper these days?

I'm all for it, makes the offseason less boring

T Park
09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Truthfully if he had signed with the Spurs guys like T Park would be creaming their jeans. Since he didn't he's trash.

not really.

I don't buy into flash and stuff like people like you do.

timvp
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I already linked the caption post, and you have already stated that you were under the impression before the trade that I was in favor of signing Scola, so it's pretty unnecessary.I said that you said that you thought Scola would be a good fit on the Spurs' bench. I never found a post where you said you wanted the Spurs to sign him ... much less a post of timvp mocking you for saying that.

Why waste that time? You stipulated to my part and your caption speaks for itself.You found the last post in under a minute. You don't have another minute to shut me up?

If your caption was simply about my posting eight pictures in a row of Scola's crazy eyes, then that'd make more sense. I apologize for misinterpreting the caption so carefully and painstakingly designed by you to make no sense whatsoever. I lose.First of all, you must not have watched Mighty Mouse when you were a kid. You would have realized the origins of my attempted humor and wouldn't have had to bookmark my post..

Second of all, what kind of caption would you suggest next time if you post eight pictures of the same person in a row?

http://www.nba.com/media/espanol/scola_grito_final.jpg
"ChumpDumper doesn't indicate whether or not the Spurs should sign me but will make up his mind after the Spurs either sign me or trade me and if it's a trade and this caption were difference ChumpDumper would call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance."

Better?

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I said that you said that you thought Scola would be a good fit on the Spurs' bench. I never found a post where you said you wanted the Spurs to sign him ... much less a post of timvp mocking you for saying that.:lol "He'd be a good fit, but I am dead-set against signing him once we have open roster spots." Yeah, that sounds like me.

You found the last post in under a minute. You don't have another minute to shut me up?Again, I'm quite satisfied with what has already been found and said.

First of all, you must not have watched Mighty Mouse when you were a kid. You would have realized the origins of my attempted humor and wouldn't have had to bookmark my post..Mighty Mouse used my screen name in his cartoons?

Second of all, what kind of caption would you suggest next time if you post eight pictures of the same person in a row?

Better?That makes even less sense. I still haven't made up my mind about Scola's NBA viability and would have had the same reservations if we had signed him. I'm completely comfortable saying I don't know. Now the fact that I give reasons why the FO traded Scola and that his FIBA and Euro performances may not be a reliable indicator of his NBA performance has made people think I hate Scola and want to eat his children. It's as amusing as watching you try to say your joke was carefully designed not to make any sense whatsoever.

timvp
09-02-2007, 09:27 PM
:lol "He'd be a good fit, but I am dead-set against signing him once we have open roster spots." Yeah, that sounds like me.

"Scola would work well with the bench. But so would Marcus Fizer." -- ChumpDumper

Now that is a quote I can believe.

Again, I'm quite satisfied with what has already been found and said.Just say the thread doesn't exist.

Mighty Mouse used my screen name in his cartoons?If you had watched you would know the answer.

That makes even less sense. I still haven't made up my mind about Scola's NBA viability and would have had the same reservations if we had signed him. I'm completely comfortable saying I don't know. Now the fact that I give reasons why the FO traded Scola and that his FIBA and Euro performances may not be a reliable indicator of his NBA performance has made people think I hate Scola and want to eat his children. It's as amusing as watching you try to say your joke was carefully designed not to make any sense whatsoever.It was carefully designed for ribbing a a fellow poster posting a dozen Scola pictures in a row. I apologize if you took it as a bookmark worthy "mock".

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 09:32 PM
"Scola would work well with the bench. But so would Marcus Fizer." -- ChumpDumper

Now that is a quote I can believe.Actually, I thought Fizer might fit better since he has more range, but that's all part of my trying to determine what Scola might do as a Spur.

Just say the thread doesn't exist.I just said I don't even have to look.

If you had watched you would know the answer.Neither he nor Andy Kaufman used my screen name -- why did you?

It was carefully designed for ribbing a a fellow poster posting a dozen Scola pictures in a row.It wasn't a dozen and the joke made no sense at all if that was the sole reason for your posting it.

timvp
09-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Actually, I thought Fizer might fit better since he has more range, but that's all part of my trying to determine what Scola might do as a Spur.Does Fizer still play basketball? Seriously, haven't heard from him lately.

I just said I don't even have to look.Alright, then. At least you admit it.

Apology Accepted.

Neither he nor Andy Kaufman used my screen name -- why did you?Link to Mighty Mouse or A Kauf Num 9 posting Scola's picture eight times in a row?

It wasn't a dozen and the joke made no sense at all if that was the sole reason for your posting it.What would a better joke have been? Any examples you'd like to share?

I'm all ears.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Does Fizer still play basketball? Seriously, haven't heard from him lately.Maccabi, maybe you heard of them.

Alright, then. At least you admit it.

Apology Accepted.No, thank YOU for admitting what you thought so I don't have to look anything else up. Saved me some time.

Link to Mighty Mouse or A Kauf Num 9 posting Scola's picture eight times in a row?What does posting several pictures in a row mean to you? Seriously?

What would a better joke have been? Any examples you'd like to share?

I'm all ears.According to you, there should have been no joke at all, since nothing of note happened.

smeagol
09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
After this tourney I think the Spurs made a mistake.

Another solid poster who must be Argentine. :spin

manubili
09-02-2007, 11:56 PM
FIBA should move the 3s' line to NBA distance to get acustom to face NBA's players; this game was to lazy for USA's team, they make it rain balls, can't believe it they can't miss.

I've been thinking the same. Those threes were falling like raindrops. It even got boring, at least for the argies :rolleyes

It was a great show by Lebron and friends, where the argies only get to be sparrings (at best).

C-ya in the olympics, when the circus is over. :ihit

thousandth
09-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Horry? Robert's a winner and does what it takes for his team to win. 6 rings, bro. No more words for Big Shot Rob. oh! And Scola not shooter than Robert.
Oberto? He plays so hard for us, and you never get him credit for the things he does. He knows how to play in the Spurs, really nice passer, defense so better than Scola, great basketball IQ, well cutting low post, bigs tip-out to keep possessions alive... Yes, he isn't an athletic guy, but he plays with passion and toughness all the time and looked good alone with Tim. Oberto's a role player, he doesn't go star stuff, but he makes his job perfecthy on both ends of the court.

And more important Horry and Oberto (and Bonner/Elson) are Spurs. Scola's not.

If he have any ring, too not only D...

Switchman
09-03-2007, 10:46 AM
IF ONLY Scola had Horry's defense. Then I really would be crying after we lost him.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree that the three point line in FIBA is way too close, but its been that way for a while now, and the US teams of the past haven't really been this good from the perimeter before. This time it was murder, it was 3 points after 3 points after 3 points. It was crazy. I'm not sure they wouldn't blow out our A team as well, shooting like that.

Martin R
09-03-2007, 04:43 PM
absolutely. That 3 point shooting percentage is sick.