PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, TEAM USA

Martin R
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
You won it from start to end of this Championship.
You showed the rest of the world you WANT the Gold medal back.
It is going to be very fun.

See you in China next year!

MaNuMaNiAc
09-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I second this thought ^^

duncan228
09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
They played well. As a team.

It's nice to see them on the podium for the Gold.

thekingrobert
09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
congrats i would like to have seen the argentina team with all its nba players

Cherry
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Congratulations USA team :toast :clap

da_suns_fan__
09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
congrats i would like to have seen the argentina team with all its nba players

Like Manu Ginobili and OBERTO would affect the outcome of a 40 point blowout. :rolleyes

Martin R
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Like Manu Ginobili and OBERTO would affect the outcome of a 40 point blowout. :rolleyes

Ginobili, Oberto, Nocioni, Herrmann to be more accurate.
You could add Pepe Sanchez.

Maybe the margin could be around 15/20. Having Argentina a chance to win it if USA is cool from the 3pt line.

smeagol
09-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Showtime USA.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Like Manu Ginobili and OBERTO would affect the outcome of a 40 point blowout. :rolleyesYou're forgetting Nocioni bro. Either way, we'll see in the Olympics

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:22 PM
But that's like sayin in 04 if we had Kobe, Kidd, Ray Allen...

You know why we didn't? Because the NBA season is a hella long. Players are beat up and physically drained at the end of it...even moreseo if they go deep into the playoffs...

IF the Spurs win the champion this year...

Team Argentina really isn't going to be in any position to win a gold medal.

Manu and Oberto will be worn out...

I expect Scola after playing more games in a season than ever before against tougher competition, is also going to be worn out.

And even still...it will have been years since Manu and Oberto played with the Argentina National Team...years.

If Kobe or LeBron win a championship next year...they'll probably strongly consider withdrawing from the Olympics...it's just too much basketball for most human beings.

WalterBenitez
09-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Congrats, I hope you send a weak team to China :D

MaNuMaNiAc
09-02-2007, 08:29 PM
But that's like sayin in 04 if we had Kobe, Kidd, Ray Allen...

You know why we didn't? Because the NBA season is a hella long. Players are beat up and physically drained at the end of it...even moreseo if they go deep into the playoffs...

IF the Spurs win the champion this year...

Team Argentina really isn't going to be in any position to win a gold medal.

Manu and Oberto will be worn out...

I expect Scola after playing more games in a season than ever before against tougher competition, is also going to be worn out.

And even still...it will have been years since Manu and Oberto played with the Argentina National Team...years.

If Kobe or LeBron win a championship next year...they'll probably strongly consider withdrawing from the Olympics...it's just too much basketball for most human beings.yeah whottt, rationalize all you want, in the end, its like I said, we'll see in the Olympics

AnotherArgie
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats, I hope you send a weak team to China :D

China is a huge market for the NBA (and its players). I think everyone will be there.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah whottt, rationalize all you want, in the end, its like I said, we'll see in the Olympics

Who's rationalizing?

You guys aint winning the gold...I already went on record as saying that...I doubt you'll even win the silver. I am just explaining why.

It's no mystery what playing in FIBA touranments after a grueling NBA schedul does to player...especially to Spurs fans.

Every time David Robinson did it...he got injured the following season, the final time he did it...he suffered the hernia that pretty much ended his career as a Superstar.

Duncan did it after 99 and sustained a knee injury right before the playoffs...the last time he played in the Olympics he got injured too...missed more games than he ever had before in a season, and played most of the season on two sprained ankles.

Why do you think Manu, Nocioni, and Oberto aren't playing?

You think they are suddely going to get younger and fresher next summer? Especially after another championship run? Manu has trouble staying healthy for an NBA season..

It takes a brutal physical toll on players bodies...

MaNuMaNiAc
09-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Who's rationalizing?

You guys aint winning the gold...I already went on record as saying that...I doubt you'll even win the silver. I am just explaining why.

It's no mystery what playing in FIBA touranments after a grueling NBA schedul does to player...especially to Spurs fans.

Every time David Robinson did it...he got injured the following season, the final time he did it...he suffered the hernia that pretty much ended his career as a Superstar.

Duncan did it after 99 and sustained a knee injury right before the playoffs...the last time he played in the Olympics he got injured too...missed more games than he ever had before in a season, and played most of the season on two sprained ankles.

Why do you think Manu, Nocioni, and Oberto aren't playing?

You think they are suddely going to get younger and fresher next summer? Especially after another championship run? Manu has trouble staying healthy for an NBA season..

It takes a brutal physical toll on players bodies...yeah, yeah we'll see :devil

duncan228
09-02-2007, 08:43 PM
It takes a brutal physical toll on players bodies...

It does.

I was thrilled when Duncan said he'd never do it again.

I'm thrilled Manu isn't playing.

I want the repeat.

We have no chance if our main guys are beat to shit from playing off season.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Do you see that you barely beat team USA in 04, with those guys in their primes, relavtively fresh(since only Manu had played in the NBA), and Team USA being completely ill concieved?

It's just reality...something has to give somewhere.

Me personally...I'll take a Spurs championship over a Gold Medal any day of the week...this Gold Medal we just won? IT's crap. I don't even like most of the players that won it. I am proud, but it's not the same as the Spurs winning...it's harder to win an NBA championship than a Gold...it takes more out of a player winning one of them.

WalterBenitez
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
China is a huge market for the NBA (and its players). I think everyone will be there.

Send some pictures, I see Shaq going there if it were about business; ARG's NT jersey is made in China at this moment.

whottt
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
To Bad Dirty Bowen did not make the roster. You would be cheering then!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/36/74353965_27986ec68d.jpg

Sure...because that would be a tremendous accomplishment for Bruce...

Not so much for the guys that are actually on the team. Bruce isn't a Superstar.

I guess no one remembers that KG, Kobe and Jason Kidd were all supposed to be on the 04 Team USA....and all of them canceled out.

Kidd and Kobe because they were worn down from years of going deep in the NBA playoffs...KG because he's a loser.

Jason Kidd could pretty much win the US an Olympic Gold Medal by himself....

Jason Kidd and Ray Allen? We'd never break a sweat.

No Manu, Oberto and Noc tonight?

Kidd and Kobe logged about 10 mins....

IF those two guys cancel out on Team USA next summer, especially Kidd....Team USA instantly is put on the same playing field as just about every other National Team.

If Kidd is healthy...he'll turn Amare and Howard into monsters no one has an answer for...and once that happens, Redd is going to start killing it. And there's not an international player alive that can guard Kobe...the only guy that can guard him is Bruce.

whottt
09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Who's hating?

Oh wait...I see which team you root for...you just can't read...carry on. I am sure you can easily go find something else to get stupidly offended over...

Indazone
09-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Too bad Argentina didn't bring it's A game and it's A players. I'd have liked to have seen how team USA would have fared against the best from Argentina.

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Two of the big deficiencies that hurt the last 3 US squads that led to 2 bronze' and 6th place finish was learning to attack the zone and perimeter shooting. Looks like that has been addressed and we are seeing what a complete team can do. Also D Wade is going to be on the olympic squad, it'll be interesting to see how Coach K fits him into the rotation.

They still need to address the rebounding deficiency and learning how to handle the pick and roll.

I think this is the team to beat. Team USA is playing great, but let's not get too psyched just yet because they did what they were supposed to do against sub par teams and won. I'm caustiously optimistic and I think Team USA will bring home the gold, but let's not start counting our chickens yet.

USA! USA! USA!

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Too bad Argentina didn't bring it's A game and it's A players. I'd have liked to have seen how team USA would have fared against the best from Argentina.

So the US would have had no shot if all of Argentina's players were there?

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 10:29 AM
So the US would have had no shot if all of Argentina's players were there?

I wasnīt said that way.but thatīs ok,think what you want.
Arg wouldīve and will have a shot at beating this US team with the A team.

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I wasnīt said that way.but thatīs ok,think what you want.
Arg wouldīve and will have a shot at beating this US team with the A team.

Shot? Absolutely.

Guarantee? No.

I just hear a lot of "wait till we bring our A game" as if this US team can only beat a C level Argie team....even though they beat that A team last summer.

See you in Beijing. :toast

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Shot? Absolutely.

Guarantee? No.

nothing is Guaranted in the Olympics,not even for the U.S.

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:34 AM
nothing is Guaranted in the Olympics,not even for the U.S.

It wasn't said that way but think what you want. :toast

I never said the US was guaranteed, you assumed that because of your hate for the US team, players and fans.

mathbzh
09-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Once again this old debate :corn:

Congratulation team USA. See you in China.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
It wasn't said that way but think what you want. :toast

I never said the US was guaranteed, you assumed that because of your hate for the US team, players and fans.

I donīt hate.Iīm just fair,and not afraid to say what Gringos donīt want to hear,just to make them like/dislike me more.

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I donīt hate.Iīm just fair,and not afraid to say what Gringos donīt want to hear,just to make them like/dislike me more.

Im a gringo, and I have no problem with what you say. See....another generalization proved wrong. You do have a problem though when people don't see things the way you do.

And when you refer to black people as "monkeys"...yes, you do hate.

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Congratulation team USA. See you in China.

Agreed. :toast

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
And when you refer to black people as "monkeys"...yes, you do hate.

just like you all call ALL muslimsĻtalibansĻand dont say you all donīt,coze I go to the US often. :toast

Switchman
09-03-2007, 10:42 AM
just like you all call ALL muslimsĻtalibansĻand dont say you all donīt,coze I go to the US often. :toast

:bang

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
just like you all call ALL muslimsĻtalibansĻand dont say you all donīt,coze I go to the US often.

Another ignorant blanket statement.

Show me once where I called a muslim a taliban.

You just proved my point about you.

Thanks! :toast

smeagol
09-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Calling a black man a monkey is inexcusable.

I'm amazed so few people are offended by you.

I certainly am.

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Calling a black man a monkey is inexcusable.

I'm amazed so few people are offended by you.

I certainly am.

I imagine quite a few are.

Luckily, All Argies are not like him. Most of the ones here are good fans and posters.

gus
09-03-2007, 11:04 AM
I really congratulate this team it is amazing.

I still wonder how you can beat a team that make 20 treys per match with a percentage of more than 50 %.

I still wonder if this kind of team could beat the Spurs ( I don't think so ) with this monster perimeter game.

I still think on the other side that post play of U.S. is not good, and perhaps a rainy day when your shot is not falling anything can happen.

Moreover I think that European powerhouses ( Spain etc. ) are watching and thinking because it is gonna be tough to beat the U.S. next year.

I still think that Josh Howard is not good.

Gus.

milkyway21
09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TEAM U.S.A. !!!

:toast :clap :toast

MANILA is waiting for you Sept 5, Kobe.

Nice job:D