PDA

View Full Version : Udrih is Lost

DR WU
09-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Are we already to the last year of Beno's tenure as a Spur? Poor bastard, he just never could get over Pop. Many say he's much more talented than Vaughn but his head is all messed up. Whatever the situation he's been a bust.

I would think he's gone to the first takers, since Barry can fill his shoes at point guard anyway. God knows for $5.6M/YR he's not going anywhere. Still, if the Spurs can go the regular season without serious injuries we have as much a shot as any and we already have the hardware in the house.

duncan228
09-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Beno is lost.
The final nail was here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75782&highlight=beno+udrih+interview

angel_luv
09-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Beno is struggling but I won't count him out.

Switchman
09-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Damn. In another dimension the Spurs have nocioni and Scola instead of beno and barry.

hendrix
09-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Angel... Beno and Rasho??? They are gone.
Get over those 2 already. There must be other gays in San Antonio whom you could fall for.

mikeanthony21
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Are we already to the last year of Beno's tenure as a Spur? Poor bastard, he just never could get over Pop. Many say he's much more talented than Vaughn but his head is all messed up. Whatever the situation he's been a bust.

I would think he's gone to the first takers, since Barry can fill his shoes at point guard anyway. God knows for $5.6M/YR he's not going anywhere. Still, if the Spurs can go the regular season without serious injuries we have as much a shot as any and we already have the hardware in the house.

The only way Beno gets any playing time this year is if Parker throws his back out banging Eva, Vaughn starts playing like, well, it's 2005 again, and Barry breaks a leg. :pctoss

exstatic
09-03-2007, 05:03 AM
You should count him out NLT than 30 June 2008. He won't be a Spur for even one day after that.

Slomo
09-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Wouldn't be a total surprise but it's a bold prediction.

I don't think they will outright cut him, while the other options are becoming less and less probable by the day.

Am I wrong?

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 05:19 AM
You are not wrong at all. There are very few point guards, even decent projects left in the free agent market. The best we could do at this point would be something like Mike Wilks or the ghost of Gary Payton.

I think working out Hudson was a sign that they are still trying to get rid of Beno, but the dearth of available point guards in the league hasn't caused anyone to bite yet. Maybe when some more Restricted free agents have their situations resolved a trade could be revisited, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Beno on the opening day roster.

xcoriate
09-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Doesn't anyone else think the idea of Udrih in a contract year is interesting...?

Udrih has the rep of the exact type of player motivated not by wanting to be better but by the money and lifestyle the NBA affords him. I don't think his stupid and thus surely he realises this is his last real chance to make the NBA (and that lifestyle work).

Slomo
09-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Doesn't anyone else think the idea of Udrih in a contract year is interesting...?

Udrih has the rep of the exact type of player motivated not by wanting to be better but by the money and lifestyle the NBA affords him. I don't think his stupid and thus surely he realises this is his last real chance to make the NBA (and that lifestyle work).Of course it's a factor.

My problem is when I look back at the beginning of last season when he was openly offered/guaranteed the backup spot. That would have been the best position for anybody to really build up his value and put himself in a position where he could have made a big (financial) impact during his contract year. Now even a regular spot in the rotation is unlikely.

So if he couldn't understand that and take full advantage of it - I'm not too optimistic about his contract year.

I'm really getting the impression that he's already satified with what he has - hope I'm wrong and that the team can get something out of him before he leaves.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Get over those 2 already. There must be other gays in San Antonio whom you could fall for.

Unnecessarily harsh, dude. Beno has had a hard time, but no need to be nasty.

Angel is just being loyal to her boys, and more respect to her. The world could do with a little more loyalty.

I say let him know that backup minutes at the point, or even occasionally the two, are available if he outcompetes the other guys, and hope he plays his way into some trade value. No harm in giving him some early season run. We never settle on a rotation until the AS Break anyway.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Beno just need to stop fucking around @ night clubs and get married.He is a good player,but you need to be 110 % Pro in the NBA to succed,coze just to be talented is not enough sometimes.

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 08:36 AM

:lol I am not in love with either.

They're both my people. I stick by my people. I still root for Hedo and Malik too.

Angel is just being loyal to her boys, and more respect to her. The world could do with a little more loyalty.

You get me. Thank you. :)

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 08:38 AM
You should count him out NLT than 30 June 2008. He won't be a Spur for even one day after that.

A lot can happen in a year and I am determine to hope for the best... best being Beno gets his act together.

No one is going to talk me out of it. The Believe is strong in me. :)

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 08:42 AM
A lot can happen in a year and I am determine to hope for the best... best being Beno gets his act together.

No one is going to talk me out of it. The Believe is strong in me. :)

classy woman .you´r not american,are you angel? :p:

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 09:12 AM
classy woman .you´r not american,are you angel? :p:

Born on a Germany army base to Americans. :)

hendrix
09-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Dude, I was joking. How am I supposed to know about Beno's sexual life?
And if anything, I was teasing Angel. No need to jump in.

T Park
09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
you´r not american

typical jackass comment....

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Dude, I was joking. How am I supposed to know about Beno's sexual life?
And if anything, I was teasing Angel. No need to jump in.

No offense taken. :)