PDA

View Full Version : Did the Spurs make a mistake by not signing Scola?

picnroll
09-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Did the Spurs make a mistake by not signing Scola?

Rev Hill
09-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Absolutely, particularly "giving" him away to your IH10 rival who is already a playoff team. Not sure any of us will really know why this happened, but on the surface it stinks and shows signs of desperation, which is just really strange. I mean, this kind of trade coudn't have been worked out with a team from the East, or at least someone outside your division?? Again, strange.

He is a good player and WILL help the Rockets.

Man of Steel
09-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Is the Pope Catholic?

samikeyp
09-03-2007, 10:24 AM
IMO, too early to tell.

I do, however, think you should never trade with a team in your division.

Supreme_Being
09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Trust.

thousandth
09-03-2007, 10:27 AM
And never end...

MrChug
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I think that Dave McNulla summed up alot of it by saying that I'm quite sure that no one here is particularly scared of the Rockets AT ALL...

...but I still don't understand why we just didn't sign the bastard.

(and trading to a division rival? Just crazy IMHO)

MaNu4Tres
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Only time will tell!! Hopefully we win another title or two and we will forget all about it. Regardless of what happens I bet Pop will be too stubborn to admit it. Just like how stubborn he was in giving van exel PT in the 06' Playoffs and playing small ball.

urunobili
09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
you should have inserted more options like: Big Time Mistake, mistaken only, it was a fair trade, we never needed the guy

picnroll
09-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Worst case scenario Scola ultimately proves to be someone who could have been the fourth amigo (star) to go along with Duncan, Parker and Manu and have made the Spurs a team with 7 or so total championships.

Very worst case scenario Scola elevates Houston past San Antonio to win titles.

In either case, for all the success they've had, Pop and RC would look like idiots and that would be a large part of their legacy.

fijian_cholo
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
we already got orberto, bonner, elson, mahimni, horry, duncan

SenorSpur
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
The only mistake they made was not holding out until after the FIBA games for a better offer.

The Spurs do not need to field the the newest version of the Argentine Olympic team to win a title.

Switchman
09-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Wait until 2 years from now to actually know which way to vote imo

Switchman
09-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Absolutely, particularly "giving" him away to your IH10 rival who is already a playoff team. Not sure any of us will really know why this happened, but on the surface it stinks and shows signs of desperation, which is just really strange. I mean, this kind of trade coudn't have been worked out with a team from the East, or at least someone outside your division?? Again, strange.

He is a good player and WILL help the Rockets.

If it helps the rockets give the mavs/suns/nuggets/etc a headache it could be worth it.

MaNu4Tres
09-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Signing bonner for 3 years 9 million in the first days in free agency was a mistake. I think thats pretty obvious with how more talented players are experiencing a " dried up" market this offseason. With that I really doubt a team out there would have offered Bonner a deal worth more than 3 million a year. I just don't understand how we can give an unproven player as in Jackie Butler a year ago the same contract Scola recieved from Houston. And resign a player, who left no imprints on any playoff game this past season whatsoever, for more money than a player who has consistently been a winner (Scola).

biba
09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
no.

AFBlue
09-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Hard to say how they could've been worse off WITH him on the team....so I said "yes", they made a mistake.

Just like Barbosa on this team as a scoring combo guard off the bench would've been good....as would Josh Howard as the heir apparent to Bruce Bowen...only with a better offensive game.

The Spurs are STILL championship calibur without these individuals, but again....I don't see how they are better off without them.

nfg3
09-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Hard to say at this time. Can Scola's game translate to the NBA? Just because he's a stud by FIBA rules doesn't mean he can play in the NBA. I think he can but to what level is a TBD type of situation. Some players have made the transition and others haven't. It's up to Scola to make the adjustment. If he does then it probably will turn out to be a mistake. Right now I see a lot of O and little D. The Spurs makeup is dependent upon all players playing team D first. Can Scola play NBA D? Or will he contunue to reach/hack and sit for long periods of time on the bench in foul trouble? His call.

I tend to agree that the Spurs did pull the trigger on Bonner sooner than neccessary. I really don't know why they reacted so early. Love to know why though. But if I'm not mistaken the Spurs were in a situation where they had a deadline to meet or Scola signs an extension with Tau. Wasn't the buyout deadline womewhere in early to mid July? I think it was so it became a "get something for nothing" scenario. The Cleveland trade fell thfough and the rumors about a Scola and "whatever" for Nocioni didn't materialize - if the rumors where ever true. The Spurs were probably a little desparate seeing how if they don't do anything and miss the deadline then Scola is practically gone forever. They get zip.

Switchman - you're correct IMO and we really have to wait until Splitter comes over in the '09 season. When both are in the league and playing then we will begin to see the results of the trade. We'll see who really fit into the Spurs system better.

MarCowMar
09-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I think the Spurs overthought Scola and his role on the team. They should have brought him over and just _tried_ to work him in. See what he did in practice. Try playing him and Tim a bit and see if they can find some way to complement each other. At minimum there should be 15 or so minutes for him to play while Duncan rests.

There are very few players with Scola's fire and talent and it's just too risky to give him away. In my opinion, players like Butler, Mahinmi, White, and Williams are much bigger risks since they've proven nothing at any level.

That said I understand what the Spurs were thinking and they're damn smart and there's a very good chance they're right about all this, but for now I'm voting mistake. :)

Viva Las Espuelas
09-03-2007, 01:42 PM
couldn't vote. didn't see the "who cares" button . I'm surprised the "i'm the same idiot that freaked out last off season button" button wasn't made as a follow-up question if you voted "yes" to prove the validity of this whole "new" thread and poll.

timvp
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't care that the Spurs didn't sign Scola. I care that they traded him when his value was low. I think they panicked because Scola bluffed about signing long-term in Europe. If they would have waited, his value would have risen. For example, right now Scola's value is probably five times what it was when the Spurs traded him.

whottt
09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't care that the Spurs didn't sign Scola. I care that they traded him when his value was low. I think they panicked because Scola bluffed about signing long-term in Europe. If they would have waited, his value would have risen. For example, right now Scola's value is probably five times what it was when the Spurs traded him.

And if the Spurs hadn't traded him and he signed a long term deal...

There would be an uproar over that as well...

"They could have at least gotten a second round pick for him"...etc.

Deny that.

I'll grant you that the Spurs have never been good at upping the value of players they are unhappy with...

But in this case you need to grant that it's Scola himself that lowered his trade value, he is the main one that did it...which is why I am happy to see his ass gone.

Bottom line is that Scola is severely overhyped and being given a lot of credit for what he hasn't done....

Everyone and their mother thinks he is another Manu...

When he's not...he's not even close.

ThePrivateSpur
09-03-2007, 03:15 PM
We shouldn't have traded him to Houston, but I don't want another Argentine on the team. I don't want people to start calling us the San Argentina Spurs!

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 03:19 PM

There would be an uproar over that as well...

Deny that.

I'll grant you that the Spurs have never been good at upping the value of players they are unhappy with...

But in this case you need to grant that it's Scola himself that lowered his trade value, he is the main one that did it...which is why I am happy to see his ass gone.

Bottom line is that Scola is severely overhyped and being given a lot of credit for what he hasn't done....

Everyone and their mother thinks he is another Manu...

When he's not...he's not even close.

Samething you said about Oberto last year Wottt(poor rebounder,slow,etc),and you had all your hopes in Elson.
Oberto showed that in real importants games,He is not scared,it took him time to get used to the NBA,and the spurs system,but at the end of the day He even took Horry´s place at the end of every game vs the Cavs in the finals.
the day you trust Argies a litle,you´ll sure be a winner(just like Pop)

whottt
09-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Samething you said about Oberto last year Wottt(poor rebounder,slow,etc),and you had all your hopes in Elson.
Oberto showed that in real importants games,He is not scared,it took him time to get used to the NBA,and the spurs system,but at the end of the day He even took Horry´s place at the end of every game vs the Cavs in the finals.
the day you trust Argies a litle,you´ll sure be a winner(just like Pop)

Um...I wanted the Spurs to sign Oberto about 4 years before you ever even appeared on this board...and I've hated Scola just as long.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Um...I wanted the Spurs to sign Oberto about 4 years before you ever even appeared on this board...and I've hated Scola just as long.

time to stop the hating coze the dude is gonna do good in the NBA.but that´s ok,next season you´ll finally run out of pointless arguments

whottt
09-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Um...bud...

You equate shooting with footspeed...

I wouldn't count on anything you say being right for a while.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Um...bud...

You equate shooting with footspeed...

I wouldn't count on anything you say being right for a while.
I said footspeed can translate to the NBA just like shooting,and I know I´m right about that.(go and watch Scola vs NBA bigs yesterday)
but that´s Ok,keep having your hopes high in mediocres.
Thanx god you don´t work for the spurs F.O. it could be worse tham what it is already .

timvp
09-03-2007, 04:04 PM

There would be an uproar over that as well...Not from me. I was saying before the trade that the Spurs should call the bluff. If the .01% happened and Scola signed overseas, oh well.

Scola playing in Spain forever > giving him away

Deny that. Just did.

I'll grant you that the Spurs have never been good at upping the value of players they are unhappy with...Funny you love this trade when it's basically the Hispanic version of the Malik trade.

But in this case you need to grant that it's Scola himself that lowered his trade value, he is the main one that did it...which is why I am happy to see his ass gone. That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes

Scola's value is low because it's somehow his fault so let's trade him instead of waiting for his value to rise or doing something to help his value rise.

Everyone and their mother thinks he is another Manu...Not me or my mother but I do think he's going to be solid.

When he's not...he's not even close.You are setting yourself up for the biggest ownage of your history ... which is saying a lot.

But knowing whottt, Scola could lead the Rockets to the championship but McGrady will score more in the fourth quarter of the deciding game and whottt will say:

"See, that's exactly what I was talking about. Scola is a choker. The Spurs may be fishing but at least they don't have that choker on the team. Damn choker."

Of course, not saying Scola is going to lead the Rockets to the championship but if by some tragedy he does, I can guarantee that'd be whottt's take.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 04:09 PM
yeah,its just like when you screwed up with your girl and she leaves you.
even that you´ll love her forever,you´ll just try to downplay her or the guy She married,just to not look bad infront of your friends.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't care that the Spurs didn't sign Scola. I care that they traded him when his value was low. I think they panicked because Scola bluffed about signing long-term in Europe. If they would have waited, his value would have risen. For example, right now Scola's value is probably five times what it was when the Spurs traded him.How? Scola didn't do anything in this tournament he hadn't done before in FIBA competitions.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 04:13 PM
How? Scola didn't do anything in this tournament he hadn't done before in FIBA competitions.

true,just another MVP aword for his poor carreer. :rolleyes

hsxvvd
09-03-2007, 04:13 PM
we already got orberto, bonner, elson, mahimni, horry, duncan

That's great but I fear Scola > All of them but Duncan

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 04:15 PM
That's great but I fear Scola > All of them but Duncan

not far from reality at all.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 04:15 PM
true,just another MVP aword for his poor carreer. :rolleyesI understand you're an idiot, so I'll repeat that Scola is a fine FIBA and Euro player.

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I understand you're an idiot, so I'll repeat that Scola is a fine FIBA and Euro player.

I´m not an idiot,I realize when I´m or was wrong,not like others.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 04:19 PM
I´m not an idiot,I realize when I´m or was wrong,not like others.Then show me where I said he had a poor career, idiot.

T Park
09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Arg

hes had a great career

and no one wanted to give anything for him.

What don't you understand about that.

Solid D
09-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Remember when the Spurs couldn't make room for Raja Bell?

7 years ago....

October 2, 2000
San Antonio Spurs Training Camp Roster

David Robinson
Tim Duncan
Sean Elliott (out until March with kidney transplant recovery)
Derek Anderson
Avery Johnson

Samaki Walker
Malik Rose
Danny Ferry
Jaren Jackson
Antonio Daniels

Shawnelle Scott
Ira Newble
Chris Carrawell
Steve Kerr
Terry Porter

Ndongo N'Diaye
Derrick Dial
Raja Bell

ArgSpursFan
09-03-2007, 04:38 PM
we all know scola won be the next Tim Duncan,but In other hands there´s no need to say that his game wont transalate to the NBA.
I know I´m mad coze I wanted to see him playing for the spurs,but What make me furious is that right now we don´t have a real low post scorer to backup Tim when He is on the bench.
Just go back and look at the numbers from last season:every time Tim was having a rest we never had somebody to do something in the low post,we couldnt even hold to 15+points leads when Tim was on the bench,and this guy could´ve been a very decent backup who could´ve play 15 to 20 mins in his roockie year,and could´ve done something in the paint while Duncan was on the bench.
this coming season when Tim is on the bench,what´s gonna happen?we´ll just pray and hope Bonner can Hit a 3?I dont think so.

picnroll
09-03-2007, 04:38 PM
There can't be any denying Scola's low post moves, FIBA or NBA. He schooled Amare and Chandler. There can be no denying Scola's passing. He constantly made the smart pass. He has a nice mid range J. There may an adjustment on his FIBA style moving picks but he'll be a helluva P&R player, probably would have been the Spurs' best. Defense? Maybe, but I think he can be about as effective as Oberto. Quickness and speed? Again, he looks quicker and faster than Oberto. Toughness? He's tied with Nocioni as one mean mother. Rebounding? He's certainly improved, can't be moved and boxes out well. What else is going to hold him back?

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
In other hands there´s no need to say that his game wont transalate to the NBA.Why not? There always have been real concerns about whether his game will translate.

ss1986v2
09-03-2007, 05:11 PM
my question has alway been do we actually know that the spurs simply decided not to sign scola? or were there other issues at play? not saying that this happened, but what if scola didnt want to sign with the spurs? i dont think this happened, but the issue is we dont know all the inner workings here, so i wont pass judgment on either side.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I think it was a combination of the Oberto signing and Bonner trade. Any other big that would be signed after that would really have to fill a particular niche that Scola just didn't -- athleticism, shot blocking, post defense or rebounding.

The Franchise
09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
All this talk about his game not translating to the NBA just sounds like sour grapes. The kid is good and i for one am glad that the Spurs were kind enough to give my Rockets their garbage. :rolleyes The only way this argument is really going to be settled is to see him on the court in Rockets red come November.Until then you have to at least try to be honest and say he seems to know what he's doing.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
All this talk about his game not translating to the NBA just sounds like sour grapes.Nah, it have been an issue for years. You'd know that if you had known anything about Scola before the trade and been on this board for more than five days.
The kid is good and i for one am glad that the Spurs were kind enough to give my Rockets their garbage. :rolleyes The only way this argument is really going to be settled is to see him on the court in Rockets red come November.Until then you have to at least try to be honest and say he seems to know what he's doing.So did Spanoulis, right?

The Franchise
09-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Actually I never thought Spanoulis was the answer for the Rockets because of his poor shooting touch.As far as Scola is concerned you're right. I knew nothing of him before the trade but from the research i've done since i have read and seen that he is a very capable player. It didn't take years and years to figure that out with the help of the internet. :wakeup

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
So in your extensive research you must have seen that there have always been questions about Scola's game translating to the NBA. :elephant

Ariel
09-03-2007, 07:15 PM
So in your extensive research you must have seen that there have always been questions about Scola's game translating to the NBA. :elephant
The Spanoulis case doesn't seem to be a good reference. The guy couldn't adjust to life in the USA, and he was desperate to leave. Kind of hard to judge his performance on the court when he wanted out so badly.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
The Spanoulis case doesn't seem to be a good reference. The guy couldn't adjust to life in the USA, and he was desperate to leave. Kind of hard to judge his performance on the court when he wanted out so badly.He wanted out last November?

Jasikevicius, then.

Macijauskas. Lampe. Rigaudeau. Wolkowyski. Sanchez. Fotsis. Weis. Paspaj. Etc.

WalterBenitez
09-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Absolutelly, if you don't like it leave him in Europe or send him to NYC, but never to Houston.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Absolutelly, if you don't like it leave him in Europe or send him to NYC, but never to Houston.Damn we're scared of Houston now, aren't we?

The Franchise
09-03-2007, 07:31 PM
There are always going to be doubters and naysayers when it comes to a players ability. That's how Micheal Jordan ends up being not being the first pick in the draft. I like to form my own opinion on things by what i witness and during this tournament i've seen Scola dealing with everything thrown at him. I've also noticed something else in my five days of posting. You are the most argumentative poster on Spurstalk EVER. :)

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Nah, it have been an issue for years. You'd know that if you had known anything about Scola before the trade and been on this board for more than five days.So did Spanoulis, right?

You don't understand at all.
Spanoulis much better player than Rafer Alston. Jeff Van Gundy hate Euro players (as in anyone that plays in Europe he don't even care where player is from like Argentina), one of main reasons he fired because he benched Spanoulis and made him want to go back to Greece.

Yao Ming sais this in interview in China that Rockets GM tell him they fire Van Gundy because he makes 3rd best player on team (Spanoulis) ride bench for Alston and makes Wells leave team and plays Head over him all year. Rockets GM describe Alston as "pure garbage" according to Yao.

Rick Adelman already tell Spanoulis he would play big minutes and "No logical reason I could think of why Jeff didn't start you."

Jeff Van Gundy no longer coach of Rockets. Rick Adelman now coach.

Rick Adelman would have plays Spanoulis.

Rick Adelman will plays Scola A LOT.

Jeff Van Gundy would have benched Scola too and want Chuck Hayes play more and more, this what Van Gundy does.

He even supposedly call up Nets and ask them to bench Nachbar because it making him "look bad." This because when he trade Nachbar he make comment, "There's only one player that ever played in Europe that's worth a damn and that's Dirk. Boki will never be NBA worthy, he will have his ass back in Europe because he stinks."

Reporter asks him what about Peja, Manu, Parker?

Van Gundy says, "Dirk is the only one I would ever have on my team, the rest would all ride the pine, they do not understand the game."

He then says, "Dirk is best player in NBA by far."

You actually use Spanoulis as example when he plays for coach like this?

Adelman NEVER act like van Gundy, Spanoulis would have played, Scola WILL play.

You can't use logics like "but how many PT did Spanoulis get"?

Because that's under coach that infamous for hatred of foreign players other than Yao and Dirk.

Peja (Spanoulis long time friend in Greece) even call Spanoulis and tell him Adelman say he would have started.

There ZERO ZERO ZERO chance Adelman treats this player like Van Gundy would have, so your argument is totally wrong.

Billy even tell me he get call from Marcus Camby who tells him "Van Gundy is the biggest fuc**** piece of sh** in the whole NBA. I hate him. He tried to screw me in New York just like he did to you in Houston."

Billy tell me Camby tell him he call any GM or coach in NBA and tell them Billy telling truth about Van Gundy, this what Van Gundy does.

Van Gundy not even think Camby should play and Knicks FORCE him too from what Camby tells Billy. Van Gundy get mad and quit.

Yao tells Billy Rockets GM told Yao he was to FORCE Van Gundy play Spanoulis next year, Van Gundy say no and he gets fired.

You actually think Adelman treat Scola like this? You actually think Scola not play either now that they fire Van Gundy because of this same craps like refusing to play players he not like personally?

No logic.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I like to form my own opinion on things by what i witness and during this tournament i've seen Scola dealing with everything thrown at him.I've seen more. I have my doubts, but I have no doubt he is a better fit in an Adelman system than that of the Spurs.
I've also noticed something else in my five days of posting. You are the most argumentative poster on Spurstalk EVER.That's just because whottt has been busy.

remingtonbo2001
09-03-2007, 07:35 PM
In the end, it was apparent, that Scola was not going to fit into our system. Some of this was simply due to his style of play, and the other signficant factor being his aspirations. I believe Scola has a stronger desire to make a name for himself in this league, than winning a championship. Scola has already earned a gold medal with Fabs and Gino at his side. It's time to venture out on his own.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:36 PM
You don't understand at all. blah blah blah
Save your biography for someone who cares. Spanoulis sucked in the NBA. He was expected to not suck. You can blame whomever you like, but it doesn't change the fact he sucked and didn't play up to his expectations. It happens.

dbreiden83080
09-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Probably i mean i think the guy is going to be a good NBA player. One that could have helped them but will it be the difference between winning and not winning another title, i highly doubt it.

Ariel
09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
He wanted out last November?

Jasikevicius, then.

Macijauskas. Lampe. Rigaudeau. Wolkowyski. Sanchez. Fotsis. Weis. Paspaj. Etc.
Jasikevicius and Macijauskas may consitute valid examples. Though with Macijauskas it was known to be a role player who could only succeed at a very specific role, and he was at odds with his coach. In the right environment, I think he could have done just fine. The others you list are a joke. Lampe still needs to prove he can play at any level. Rigaudeau's career was over by the time he got to the NBA. Wolkowyski and Sánchez were never stars at the FIBA level, Sánchez was even a sub much of the time in his Spanish club. Fotsis and Weis were FIBA stars? :lol Good one. Paspalj I don't know how he fits here.

But I'll name you a few FIBA standouts who did OK: Okur. Manu. Nocioni. Gasol. Calderon. Garbajosa. Herrmann. Oberto. Peja.... blah, blah, blah.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:41 PM
So there are examples of players working out and others not working out. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Save your biography for someone who cares. Spanoulis sucked in the NBA. He was expected to not suck. You can blame whomever you like, but it doesn't change the fact he sucked and didn't play up to his expectations. It happens.

You using very poor argument.

You don't seem to understand simple fact.

Jeff Van Gundy not play Spanoulis
Jeff van Gundy not play Scola.

Rick Adelman plays Spanoulis and Scola.

You acting like Jeff van Gundy still coach of Rockets. You simply lives in different reality on this issue.

I guess when talking about Spurs I should think of how they make coach decisions under Bob Hill?

Ariel
09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
So there are examples of players working out and others not working out. Thanks for agreeing with me.
That's a bold statement! Of course things may not work out. That's ALWAYS a possibility. For all we know, he could join a cult. But my point is, looking at the players with a similar background who made the transition, I like his chances.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
You using very poor argument.My argument is Spanoulis did not play as well as he was expected to play in the NBA.

Period.

All you have is excuses WHY he didn't play as well he was expected to play.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
That's a bold statement! Of course things may not work out. That's ALWAYS a possibility. For all we know, he could join a cult. But my point is, looking at the players with a similar background who made the transition, I like his chances.Fine. I'm not sure, and the fact that no one has been bold enough to tell me what they think he will do in the NBA hasn't helped.

Roxsfan
09-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes, the spurs made a mistake. Can't wait until the first Scola-bowl vs. SA :elephant

Ariel
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Fine. I'm not sure, and the fact that no one has been bold enough to tell me what they think he will do in the NBA hasn't helped.
Well, I'm not sure either. But if I had to venture a guess, I'd say that after some adjustment period, he'll do pretty well. Not All-Star or Manu like, and probably not Nocioni either, but he'll be a very solid role player for years to come. Plus, he's in the right environment, and with his bball IQ he'll figure out how to make the most of his teammates abilities, particularly Yao and T-Mac. I'm pretty optimistic about him.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Bold.

Ariel
09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Bold.
Not as much as your "he may or may not pan out" statement. :lol

But I'll put some effort into it so that one day I may reach that level.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Any bold stat predictions?

picnroll
09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Any bold stat predictions?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73829

SequSpur
09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
wtf are u talking about? van gundy is not playing scola no matter what.

why you ask?

cuz he aint his coach.

simple as that.

ChumpDumper
09-03-2007, 08:12 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73829
:lmao There was a grand total of ONE (1) prediction from an Argentinian, and that guy is a piece of shit. He was pretty realistic about his rebounding though, predicting Scola would rebound at the same rate Devean George did this past season. Way to step up, Argies!

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I say if he plays 28-33 minutes he can do:

12.5 points
7.2 rebounds
3.0 assists
1.3 steals
0.6 blocks

I picks 28-33 minutes because I thinks Rockets keep Chuck Hayes in backup role at 15-20 minutes for D and rebounding.

I mean look at Juwan Howard stats, you tell me Luis can not do those above stats in 28-33 minutes with Adelman offense if Juwan Howard gets 10/6 in 27 minutes in Van Gundy craps offense?

I think Spurs fans living in denial now. Grasping at straws like "well Spanoulis was coached by antichrist so he gets benched so why not this happen to Scola too even though it's a new coach and old coach gets fired for benching players hey still Rockets right? This must means Scola gets benched too right?"

Fast Dunk
09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Scola>>>>Oberto>>>>Manu

Pistol...2K4
09-03-2007, 11:34 PM
You people act like Scola wanted to sign here , when all I've heard was to the contrary....Scola didn't want to be here...as a matter of fact I remember hearing him say he would NEVER play for the Spurs....so f@ck him!

TheAuthority
09-04-2007, 12:35 AM
How is this even a poll question? Of course the answer is yes. Any Spurs fan who says no, either a) doesn't know anything about basketball or b) is angry the Spurs don't have the rights to him anymore. Period. This is the worst trade I've seen in awhile. That includes the Jason Richardson deal.

Capt Bringdown
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Spurs didn't want him, or he didn't want the Spurs, depends on who's telling the story, that part can be dismissed.

But I can't figure out why the Spurs couldn't get more for him. Seems like he's generating quite a buzz, and we got zilch for it. Poor timing, bad move, even if Scola turns out to be a bust. Bottom line: we should have, and could have gotten more for him.

Ariel
09-04-2007, 01:19 AM
You people act like Scola wanted to sign here , when all I've heard was to the contrary....Scola didn't want to be here...as a matter of fact I remember hearing him say he would NEVER play for the Spurs....so f@ck him!
Yeah, I remember it too. He was right next to Jesus, and Jessica Alba was blowing me while he was ranting on the cheap ass Spurs.

Spurs didn't want him, or he didn't want the Spurs, depends on who's telling the story, that part can be dismissed.
There are countless quotes from Scola contradicting the theory it was he who rejected the Spurs, and even those sources closest to the Spurs don't make such claim. So I'm still looking for the first person to point me to any credible claim that Scola didn't want to play for the Spurs. It must be some kind of urban legend from San Antonio or something...

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 02:48 AM
But I can't figure out why the Spurs couldn't get more for him.Ask every other GM in the NBA.

Capt Bringdown
09-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Ask every other GM in the NBA.
I'd like to see what the GM's are saying now, as opposed to very early in the offseason. It seems we were convinced of his utter worthlessness, since our brass was OK in getting nothing, zero, zilch in return. It was almost like we were in a panic to get rid of him. Since dumping him had no benefit, why did we do it, instead of wait?

exstatic
09-04-2007, 08:09 AM
:lol:rollin
You peeps bitching about shipping out Scola are the EXACT same group who were bitching about not getting Corey Maggette last year. It would be nice if Spur fan had as much faith and confidence in the Spurs FO as they do the FOs all of those loser teams who are NOT bringing home bargeloads of trophies. Fucking loser "fans".

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:12 AM
:lmao There was a grand total of ONE (1) prediction from an Argentinian, and that guy is a piece of shit. He was pretty realistic about his rebounding though, predicting Scola would rebound at the same rate Devean George did this past season. Way to step up, Argies!

that would be me,I believe,the only one who steps up in this board and says what people dont want to hear.
BTW chump......

YOU ARE THE PEACE OF SHIT HERE !!!!! :smokin

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I'd like to see what the GM's are saying now, as opposed to very early in the offseason.Nothing has changed. He played about as well as he usually does in FIBA. If Scola's performance in the tournament raised his stock that much, Esteban Batista should be getting offers higher than the MLE now.

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Nothing has changed. He played about as well as he usually does in FIBA. If Scola's performance in the tournament raised his stock that much, Esteban Batista should be getting offers higher than the MLE now.
Pst,Scola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batista

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
that would be meThe piece of shit? Yep, that would be you. Thanks for admitting he would be a poor rebounder though.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Pst,Scola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BatistaNot according to the stats from this tournament, and that's all GMs are looking at apparently.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
YOU ARE THE PEACE OF SHIT HERE !!!!! :smokin What does that even mean? It's quiet in my bathroom?

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:20 AM
The piece of shit? Yep, that would be you. Thanks for admitting he would be a poor rebounder though.

thanx for keep draggin youself to be the most owned poster in ST,once Scola starts playing NBA ball. :toast

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:22 AM
thanx for keep draggin youself to be the most owned poster in ST,once Scola starts playing NBA ball. :toastThanks, why don't you give me that link where I said he would definitely be horrible in the NBA.

I'm waiting.

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks, why don't you give me that link where I said he would definitely be horrible in the NBA.

I'm waiting.

I´ll just wait and bring them all together once the season starts,that will make you look even worse.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I´ll just wait and bring them all together once the season starts,that will make you look even worse.Why wait? Show them to everyone now.

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Why wait? Show them to everyone now.

they´re already reading some pointless arguments right here in this thread,but I´ll keep the best ones,to when He starts playing as he did in Vegas next seaon.
them you´ll have to eat your own words bud.
and I´ll be laughin my ass off @ you,wottt,bruno and Co.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks, why don't you give me that link where I said he would definitely be horrible in the NBA.

I'm waiting.

Whisky Dog
09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
they´re already reading some pointless arguments right here in this thread,but I´ll keep the best ones,to when He starts playing as he did in Vegas next seaon.
them you´ll have to eat your own words bud.
and I´ll be laughin my ass off @ you,wottt,bruno and Co.

I wonder if you'll be here saying how damn wrong you were once he proves to be nothing more than a role player with marginal rebounding and attrocious defense. I'm guessing you'll never mention it.

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I wonder if you'll be here saying how damn wrong you were once he proves to be nothing more than a role player with marginal rebounding and attrocious defense. I'm guessing you'll never mention it.

show me where I mentioned he was gonna be the next Duncan.
BTW,for 9 M/3yrs He is better tham any spurs bigs not Duncan. :fro

and yes,I´ll be here,just like now,I waited for the Vega´s tournament to proove them wrong,and I´ll keep waiting,and laughing at the haters

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
show me where I mention he was gonna be the next Duncan.BTW,for 9 M/3yrs He is better tham any spurs bigs not Duncan. :fro

and yes,I´ll be here,just like now,I waited for the Vega´s tournament to proove them wrong,and I´ll keep waiting,and laughing at the haters

that's what they keep saying

I say Scola trade was a mistake, they say I'm calling him the Duncan :rolleyes

they are like children

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 08:53 AM
that's what they keep saying

I say Scola trade was a mistake, they say I'm calling him the Duncan :rolleyes

they are like children

yeap,that´s the easy way out to be OWNED. :smokin

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I say I'm not sure Scola will work out in the NBA, and I'm accused of saying he sucks in FIBA.

Like children, you are.

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
I say I'm not sure Scola will work out in the NBA, and I'm accused of saying he sucks in FIBA.

Like children, you are.

at least you say now you´re not sure....
things are changing by the second in this board....

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 09:02 AM
at least you say now you´re not sure....
things are changing by the second in this board....
I've always said I'm not sure dumbass, you were just to stupid being an idiotic, racist piece of shit to realize it.

You are a disgrace to Scola and Argentina.

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 09:04 AM
I've always said I'm not sure dumbass, you were just to stupid being an idiotic, racist piece of shit to realize it.

you´re pissed chump? :smokin

that would be the Scola effect catching on you..

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm not the one misspelling insults in large bold fonts.

No manner of smilies will distract from what you are. :rolleyes :spin :elephant :dramaquee :toast :santahat

Oh, Gee!!
09-04-2007, 10:48 AM
the mistake was drafting him

ArgSpursFan
09-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm not the one misspelling insults in large bold fonts.

No manner of smilies will distract from what you are. :rolleyes :spin :elephant :dramaquee :toast :santahat

:oink :cry :bang :blah

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Exactly.

MaNu4Tres
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm sure Matt Bonner would have gotten tournament MVP and carried a bunch of division 2 juan burritos to the championship game at the fifa's too. You can even put Mahimni and Elson in that sentence! Let's face it Spurs don't NEED Scola. We've got the core that won 3 titles in the past 5 years. But to me it was a mistake to pull the trigger on Bonner so early. Which lead us to having to trade one of the best european post presence to a division/ conference threat in the houston rockets. That's something you just don't do as a GM. I personally think Peter Holt was breathing down R.C's neck to get under the lux tax and jackie butler didn't help the situation with his depressing overpaid contract. That's where Bonner's new 3 million comes into the equation. No I'm not scared of those rockets. But the thought of Battier, Scola and a healthy Yao and TMac, along with perhaps the rekindled Bonzi Wells we saw first hand in 06' due to Rick Adelman's presense can be scary. And lets all agree now, a recycled Steve Francis and hard nosed Mike James is a huge improvement to the Rafer " Skip to my Lou" Ruin 10 possesions a game Alston and Luther Head. Scola is a player, yes it was only the FIBA's and yes Shane Heal, Spanoulous, Batista all shared success in the FIBA's WC's and Olympics throughout the years but so did Manu, Pau Gasol, Sabonis, Barbosa, Nowitzki Ect. For you to compare Scola to those inferior NBA players is unfair because we haven't seen him in the NBA yet. From what I've seen over the years, especially in this year's FIBA's is a guy who refused to throw in the white flag when down to the U.S by 25 plus and showed that Argentine Spartan from 300 mentality that only Manu Ginobili carries on his shoulders. That mentality right there is what winners are made out of. As a Spurs fan I wish the spurs brought in Scola for Butler money (7.5 mil over 3 years), instead of overpaying an 11th man who has no idea what it's like to play in a big game or to be in the " Fire". Trading Scola to the rockets was a mistake. For those who don't agree, ask yourself Who would i rather have on my roster Luis Scola or Matt Bonner?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Paragraphs: They're not just for breakfast anymore.

screw_ston713
09-04-2007, 10:47 PM
i have seen euro guards whos game havent translated to the nba but what will change for scola as a big man that he hasnt seen. what will prevent him 4rm being successful?? its funny when spurs owned his rights i didnt see 1 spurs fan post that said "this guys game wont go over into the nba. where were the lets wait and see if he will be good when he was spurs property. now he a rocket and the guy have no chance in the nba. spurs fans will go so low to bring some reason to spurs f.o fuck up by trading a polished 27 yr old pf to a divisional rival who were in need of a pf. Rockets beat spurs twice last yr 1nce with just yao and the other with just tracy. NOW TRACY YAO AND SCOLA

mardigan
09-04-2007, 11:07 PM
i have seen euro guards whos game havent translated to the nba but what will change for scola as a big man that he hasnt seen. what will prevent him 4rm being successful?? its funny when spurs owned his rights i didnt see 1 spurs fan post that said "this guys game wont go over into the nba. where were the lets wait and see if he will be good when he was spurs property. now he a rocket and the guy have no chance in the nba. spurs fans will go so low to bring some reason to spurs f.o fuck up by trading a polished 27 yr old pf to a divisional rival who were in need of a pf. Rockets beat spurs twice last yr 1nce with just yao and the other with just tracy. NOW TRACY YAO AND SCOLA
It would have been hard to see those posts when you joined in July

screw_ston713
09-04-2007, 11:10 PM
i joined so i could reply; otherwise visitors can only read post not reply to them.

mardigan
09-04-2007, 11:15 PM
So you've been lurking for 5 years? Damn, thats a long time

screw_ston713
09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
im from texas and enjoy watching rockets and spurs, i dont hate spurz i do hate mavs but thats a dallas vs houston thing. the thing that gets me is how spurs fans is shitting on this guy and down playing him because he isnt a spur. for 1 if u go into a rockets forum we not posting every other post about what spurs are doing. we were excited to get a pf a position we needed much needed help, and scola somehow fell in our laps. to not be worried bout the rockets is a bunch of shyt because spurz is not at that level where they cant be beat, even the shaq and kobe regime came to a end.

wildchild
09-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Results up to now
NO 37,25%
YES 62,75%

voters 153 (96 roxies argies fans trolls :p: )

Good for Pop, RC and Spurs front office!.
They don't play attention to these nonsense talk.
To Pop and RC :toast Only they make win titles for us.

ArgSpursFan
09-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Results up to now
NO 37,25%
YES 62,75%

voters 153 (96 roxies argies fans trolls :p: )

Good for Pop, RC and Spurs front office!.
They don't play attention to these nonsense talk.
To Pop and RC :toast Only they make win titles for us.

Just thank Tim Duncan,the best PF in BB History.
the biggest reason of the Spurs success in the last decade.

wildchild
09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Just thank Tim Duncan,the best PF in BB History.
the biggest reason of the Spurs success in the last decade.

OK, dude. Pop, RC and another guys are idiots.
You 're right in everything always. :rolleyes

hater
09-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Oberto blows next to Scola

The Franchise
09-05-2007, 12:56 PM
No they didn't make a mistake. :devil

wildchild
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Oberto blows next to Scola

Blow job? Scola to Oberto? Scola seems that guy... :lol Oh, sorry, I spelt it wrong. h-a-r-d-blows, hard blows. OK :lol .

Oberto isn't my favorite Spurs player, but when everyone was down on him, I was willing to give him another chance and he has improved in the playoffs. I hope same of Elson and Bonner. I'm sure, They'll improved in their 2nd year. :tu

Mister Sinister
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Blow job? Scola to Oberto? Scola seems that guy... :lol Oh, sorry, I spelt it wrong. h-a-r-d-blows, hard blows. OK :lol .

Oberto isn't my favorite Spurs player, but when everyone was down on him, I was willing to give him another chance and he has improved in the playoffs. I hope same of Elson and Bonner. I'm sure, They'll improved in their 2nd year. :tu
Same. I like Fabi.

mardigan
09-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Same. I like Fabi.
Me too, guy came on strong last year.
I wish this was a public poll so I could see who voted that it wasnt a mistake

Obstructed_View
09-05-2007, 03:56 PM
The only bigger mistake would be letting him go for nothing, but it's close since they didn't even manage to trade him out of the state, let alone the conference. I'll wait until they award him his MVP trophy during the WCF next year before I decide.

TheAuthority
09-06-2007, 02:24 AM
:lol:rollin
You peeps bitching about shipping out Scola are the EXACT same group who were bitching about not getting Corey Maggette last year. It would be nice if Spur fan had as much faith and confidence in the Spurs FO as they do the FOs all of those loser teams who are NOT bringing home bargeloads of trophies. Fucking loser "fans".

That's got way more to do with Tim Duncan than the front office of the Spurs. lol Without Tim, they aren't winning anything. You take Manu or Tony off the team and they still have a good chance. In fact, I'd go as far to say that they didn't bring in ENOUGH talent. With the best player in the NBA, they should be bringing in more quality veterans like Finley for the minimum, but they all end up signing with phoenix, dallas or miami. Instead they get Ime freaking Udoka. Who the fuck is that? I mean really... come on. Am I supposed to be thrilled about a d-league signing? Yeah, blah blah blah... they win championships with those guys. Awesome. It isn't because of them. It's Mr. Duncan down low.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Instead they get Ime freaking Udoka. Who the fuck is that? I mean really... come on. Am I supposed to be thrilled about a d-league signing?How did you feel when we signed Bruce Bowen?

TheAuthority
09-06-2007, 03:28 AM
How did you feel when we signed Bruce Bowen?

I knew somebody would bring up this one-in-a-million type situation. How many other players are like Bowen in the league in terms of development? Probably none. If you're thinking he's the next Bowen, then you've got a rude awakening coming.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2007, 03:31 AM
How many other players are like Bowen in the league in terms of development?Ime Udoka....

TheAuthority
09-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Ime Udoka....

I wasn't aware he was an all-defense player. I guess I missed his name. Maybe I should look on the d-league website for it.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2007, 03:39 AM
I wasn't aware he was an all-defense player.I'll give him a little time. Bruce didn't make it until he was 30 and didn't make first team until he was 33. Of course he isn't Bruce exactly but there are encouraging similarities.

TheAuthority
09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Who would you rather have? Ime Udoke or Grant Hill? If you say Udoka, you are a damn liar. I don't care how old/fragile Hill is, or if Udoka plays better defense. Hill is a proven all-star. Even if he were to get hurt, the Spurs have the guys to back him up.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Why they hell would Grant Hill sign here?

Be realistic.

TheAuthority
09-06-2007, 03:52 AM
Because he wants a ring? lol

ChumpDumper
09-06-2007, 03:53 AM
Nah, he went to Phoenix, so that's obviously not important to him.

Slippy
09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
All this fuss about a guy that hasn't played an NBA game yet, when we got a championship team coming back to repeat. Plus, im glad the Spurs went with Oberto.

SenorSpur
09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Who would you rather have? Ime Udoke or Grant Hill? If you say Udoka, you are a damn liar. I don't care how old/fragile Hill is, or if Udoka plays better defense. Hill is a proven all-star. Even if he were to get hurt, the Spurs have the guys to back him up.

Fuck Grant Hill. Sure he's a more versatile, all-around player. However his unfortunate injury history is well-documented - plus he can't defend - especially at this stage of his career. He certainly isn't proficient enough at shooting the three to spread the floor for Duncan.

Thanks, but no thanks. For what this team needs right now, I'll take Udoka over both Hill and Scola.

mardigan
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
:lol Maybe in 1999
Udoka>Hill on d
Udoka>Hill shooting
Udoka>Hill age wise
Udoka even averaged more rebounds in less minutes than Hill last year as well.
The only thing Hill is better at is slashing, but we have enough slashers.
Werent you one of the guys saying the SPurs need to get younger?

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Idiot.

TheAuthority
09-07-2007, 05:01 AM
Fuck Grant Hill. Sure he's a more versatile, all-around player. However his unfortunate injury history is well-documented - plus he can't defend - especially at this stage of his career. He certainly isn't proficient enough at shooting the three to spread the floor for Duncan.

Thanks, but no thanks. For what this team needs right now, I'll take Udoka over both Hill and Scola.

He doesn't shoot 3's. I guess Parker doesn't fit with Duncan then, either... because he doesn't shoot 3's. So you're playing this no-name ahead of a hall of famer in Hill, Michael Finley and Brent Barry. Smart.

TheAuthority
09-07-2007, 05:05 AM
:lol Maybe in 1999
Udoka>Hill on d
Udoka>Hill shooting
Udoka>Hill age wise
Udoka even averaged more rebounds in less minutes than Hill last year as well.
The only thing Hill is better at is slashing, but we have enough slashers.
Werent you one of the guys saying the SPurs need to get younger?

Shooting? Last I checked, Grant Hill shot 52% from the floor last season. His midrange jumper is spot on. Udoka? 46%.

And the rebounding difference is down-right laughable. .1 more RPG in 2 less minutes? Whoa. Damn.

mardigan
09-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Shooting? Last I checked, Grant Hill shot 52% from the floor last season. His midrange jumper is spot on. Udoka? 46%.

And the rebounding difference is down-right laughable. .1 more RPG in 2 less minutes? Whoa. Damn.
So is that more or less, my math is rusty.
And the shooting I was talking about was 3 point shooting, why dont you pull those stats up

TheAuthority
09-07-2007, 05:36 AM
So is that more or less, my math is rusty.
And the shooting I was talking about was 3 point shooting, why dont you pull those stats up

ROFL. Honestly... is this a site for rookies to the game or what? Yeah. Grant Hill shot 16% from 3 last year. ON 12 ATTEMPTS. TWELVE. T-W-E-L-V-E. In his career... he has 259 total 3 point attempts.

mardigan
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
ROFL. Honestly... is this a site for rookies to the game or what? Yeah. Grant Hill shot 16% from 3 last year. ON 12 ATTEMPTS. TWELVE. T-W-E-L-V-E. In his career... he has 259 total 3 point attempts.
Yea, Im the rookie.
:lol Grant Hill all star caliber right?
You really should change your screen name as its obvious you dont know shit about shit. Yea, the SPurs would really want a guy who can't stretch the d or play good defense. Oh yea, and who about to turn 35.
12 attempts, thanks. We need guys who can play d and hit the 3, 2 things Hill struggles with.

The Authority
:lmao

TheAuthority
09-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Yea, Im the rookie.
:lol Grant Hill all star caliber right?
You really should change your screen name as its obvious you dont know shit about shit. Yea, the SPurs would really want a guy who can't stretch the d or play good defense. Oh yea, and who about to turn 35.
12 attempts, thanks. We need guys who can play d and hit the 3, 2 things Hill struggles with.

The Authority
:lmao

So once I school you on a point, you go and make another argument. Classic. Grant Hill hasn't been an All-Star? By my count, he has 7 all-star appearances.

7-time all-star or a scrub that hasn't done anything in the NBA... tough decision.

mardigan
09-08-2007, 04:10 AM
So once I school you on a point, you go and make another argument. Classic. Grant Hill hasn't been an All-Star? By my count, he has 7 all-star appearances.

7-time all-star or a scrub that hasn't done anything in the NBA... tough decision.
Hell, we should have just signed Penny then, he was an All Star wasnt he?
Are you stuck in some kind of time warp or something?

TheAuthority
09-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Hell, we should have just signed Penny then, he was an All Star wasnt he?
Are you stuck in some kind of time warp or something?

Gary Payton still puts up 15 a game on 50% shooting? Didn't know.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-08-2007, 10:11 AM

I'll take the one who can actually play a whole season.

Booharv
09-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd probably take Hill.

TheAuthority
09-09-2007, 03:49 AM
I'll take the one who can actually play a whole season.

You fail as a GM then. With the present roster, Hill is high reward/low risk.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-09-2007, 09:42 AM
You fail as a GM then. With the present roster, Hill is high reward/low risk.
Well then with the present roster, what does that make Udoka?

Mister Sinister
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Worthless for not being Scola?

RADECK
09-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Where did they find this picture?

He looks like guy from FBI wanted page!

http://www.nba.com/media/draft2002/scola_head.jpg

http://www.nba.com/draft2002/profiles/luis_scola.html

TheAuthority
09-10-2007, 09:19 AM

Udoka is a good player, a real good d-league player.

Clemenza
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM

May I ask why do you call this dude racist? thanks brother
:smokin

ChumpDumper
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
This is why. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67254&page=1&pp=26&highlight=monkeys)

Clemenza
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
This is why. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67254&page=1&pp=26&highlight=monkeys)

Thank you
:smokin

MB20
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM

:bang

Scola Trade
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Scola > Bonner. why re-sign Bonner and trade Scola? this trade will haunt us for next 5 years

anakha
09-10-2007, 07:30 PM

Oy fucking vey. :bang

Yet another reason why human reproduction needs to be regulated.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Udoka is a good player, a real good d-league player.
So explain to me why he did more than Bruce Bowen in less minutes last year and is still considered D-League material?

TheAuthority
09-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Scola > Bonner. why re-sign Bonner and trade Scola? this trade will haunt us for next 5 years

Precisely, but... what we really should have done is rid ourselves of Horry. Bonner does the same things Horry does besides position defense/shot block, and he does them all better. Much better offensive player, and works his ass off on defense.

TheAuthority
09-11-2007, 05:20 AM
So explain to me why he did more than Bruce Bowen in less minutes last year and is still considered D-League material?

It's fairly simple. He played on the Portland Trailblazers. In case you didn't hear, they had the #1 pick in the draft. There's a reason for that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-11-2007, 05:16 PM
It's fairly simple. He played on the Portland Trailblazers. In case you didn't hear, they had the #1 pick in the draft. There's a reason for that.
So they knew by preseason they were gonna get the #1 pick so they let Udoka start the whole season?

RD2191
06-23-2015, 11:51 PM
Bump just cuz

Sean Cagney
06-24-2015, 01:59 AM
Precisely, but... what we really should have done is rid ourselves of Horry. Bonner does the same things Horry does besides position defense/shot block, and he does them all better. Much better offensive player, and works his ass off on defense.:lol :lol This post here is GOLD. Works his ass off on defense! Much better on O, does all of them better! Except hit shots in the playoffs and actually play good defense which is where Horry excelled.
So was the beginning of that Red Head fuck and his tenure in SA.......

DJR210
06-24-2015, 03:26 AM
http://images.rapgenius.com/410ad0154b0223201c84dbaee1ac1d39.424x283x1.jpg