PDA

View Full Version : Parker @ European Tournament

Admidave50
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
1st quarter just ended between France and Poland (22-18), TP is playing really good so far!

9 pts, 1/1 3PT 2/2 FTs, 1 Ast!

His ankle looks fine as he's really fast and he's showing nice moves!

Dex
09-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Anywhere to catch a stream?

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I am watching his game live. Tony just hit a clutch 3. France is now up nine with just a few minutes left in regulation. :)

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Anywhere to catch a stream?

You can buy a $20 pass from Media zone.com.

That gives you access to every game in the entire tournament. :)

Switchman
09-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Tony with a 3 is going to be sick.

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Tony with a 3 is going to be sick.

It was Fiba three, granted, but a beautiful release to the shot.

Thank you Chip. :)

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 01:36 PM
France won. Congrats Tony. :)

angel_luv
09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Yea! It looks like Hedo is playing for Turkey. I so know which game I am watching in between now and Slovenia's match. :fro :clap

Bruno
09-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Tony has been quite good at shooting euro 3's this summer : 15/31 during for friendly games and 3/8 tonight.
He will too take more 3's/jumpshots with French NT than in nba because teams are waiting him in the paint more than in the nba.

Admidave50
09-03-2007, 02:05 PM
These are TP's stats: 16 pts, 2/8 2P FGs, 3/8 3P FGs, 4 Rebs, 4 Ass, 1 To, 1 Stl in 29:45 min.

He didn't play that good after the 1st quarter!

France played crappy in this game shooting way too much 3s!

mathbzh
09-03-2007, 02:18 PM
French bigs (Turiaf, Weis, Badiane) only contributed for 11 pts. With this kind of production the French team will not do anything good.

jéjé
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
tony didn't play very well . He missed a lot of shoots which should be easy for him .

Tomorrow against italia he'd make a great game;)

Ellinaras
09-03-2007, 03:07 PM
AK47 had a monster game against the Serbs, if he continues to play like this, Russia will be a serious candidate for gold.
Kill Bill was clutch for Greece against Israel, 19 points, 6/8 2pt, 2/4 3pt.

Josepatches
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Spain will win easily the tournament.Right now along with USA team Spain has the best national team of the world
.About France,Parker is great but he's not as good as Nowitzki or Pau Gasol.Its more easy to be a superstar when you have TD or Manu in your team.I don't think that France can win a medal.

mathbzh
09-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Spain will win easily the tournament.Right now along with USA team Spain has the best national team of the world
.About France,Parker is great but he's not as good as Nowitzki or Pau Gasol.Its more easy to be a superstar when you have TD or Manu in your team.I don't think that France can win a medal.

France won bronze in 2005 was 5th in Japan (third european team) without Parker and had arguably the best defense in Japan. They can win a medal.
Spain or Greece may be too much for the French team but they can compete with any other team. Moreover Parker is not Nowitsky but France is not Germany. Dirk is alone in his team and the results he had in the past are a miracle.
Tony has strong players to help him.

Gasol is a great player AND plays in a great team (you know like Parker playing with TD and Manu).

France will not win anything if they play like they did against Poland. But if they give a better effort they will be a tough matchup for any team.

timvp
09-04-2007, 04:46 AM
I just hope Parker stays healthy.

I know Bruno said that he hoped that Argentina beat Brazil so that Manu would have to play less next summer. Does that mean we should hope for France to be quickly eliminated so Parker doesn't play at all next summer? I'm torn whether I'd prefer France to get out ASAP or whether I want Parker to get even more confidence by having a successful tournament showing.

WalterBenitez
09-04-2007, 06:51 AM
The little french should go to Beijin not as a tourist, but as leader I'd love to see ARG facing them.

Josepatches
09-04-2007, 01:04 PM
At half France 31 Italy 36
I still think that they can't win a medal.Parker is in trouble when all the defend is focus on him

stéphane
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
36 points end of game ^^ as france beat Italy 69-62
Carrying what? *cough*

ginobili fan
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I still think that they can't win a medal.Parker is in trouble when all the defend is focus on him

Parker 36 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
total ownage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's in trouble for sure.
He showed what he can do as a leader.
Next year Parker=MVP

Lady M
09-04-2007, 01:57 PM
France 69 Italy 62
Tony 36 pts 2pts 8/13 3pts 4/9 lf 8/9
ass 2 (but with 53% of the french points it's difficult to make a lot of assists) 3 reb 2TO 33minutes

Sildegil
09-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Thank you for this brillant analysis.

Tnoy tonight with 36 pts, 8/13 2P FG, 4/9 3p FG.............

Jez... I still can't beleive how even spurs fans can not give Tony credits for what he does and what he is capable of.

Seriously get your hate away !

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I just hope Parker stays healthy.

I know Bruno said that he hoped that Argentina beat Brazil so that Manu would have to play less next summer. Does that mean we should hope for France to be quickly eliminated so Parker doesn't play at all next summer? I'm torn whether I'd prefer France to get out ASAP or whether I want Parker to get even more confidence by having a successful tournament showing.

Parker is a cocky little dude, I don't think confidence is really an issue

angel_luv
09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Nice game by Tony. I'll have to watch it later. :)

angel_luv
09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
What were Bargnani's numbers? Anyone know?

ginobili fan
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Parker is a cocky little dude, I don't think confidence is really an issue

why do you have a bitch's pic in your avatar?

ginobili fan
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM

I think it's 13 in first half and 0 in the 2nd

Lady M
09-04-2007, 02:09 PM

16 pts (11 in the 1st quater) 2pts 5/10 3pts 2/5 0lf 3reb 6 TO 2 stl 0 ass
big start but not a real good game for him

angel_luv
09-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks guys. :)

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2007, 02:19 PM
why do you have a bitch's pic in your avatar?

Don't have an avatar dude

ginobili fan
09-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Don't have an avatar dude

don't give a shit you understood .
You can't miss it .
There's a big ugly faggot somewhere

colargol
09-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Thank you for this brillant analysis.

Tnoy tonight with 36 pts, 8/13 2P FG, 4/9 3p FG.............

Jez... I still can't beleive how even spurs fans can not give Tony credits for what he does and what he is capable of.

Seriously get your hate away !

I came back quick to answer to Josepatches at the end of the match but you did it first, well and faster than me...
Thanks Sildegil :clap

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2007, 02:35 PM
You can't miss it .
:blah :lol

ginobili fan
09-04-2007, 02:38 PM

mavs>spurs2
09-04-2007, 02:44 PM
You can't miss it .
:lol

ducks
09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5835/scrfr1cl8.jpg

ducks
09-04-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah he sure had trouble
he only scored 36 points
damm he could have went for 50 :madrun

romain.star
09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
36 is quite fine...

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Greece (defending champions) won again, beat Serbia team with Marko Jaric and Darko Milicic.

Spanoulis so far in tournament averages

48% Field Goal %
15 Points Per Game
4 Steals Per Game

coming off the bench for Greece

Spurs needs to buyout his contract after this year from Pana, so they can still win Scola trade and have guard rotation of:

Starters:

PG Tony Parker
SG Manu Ginobili

3rd Guard:

PG/SG Vassilis Spanoulis

This helps Spurs win 5th championship in 2008-2009 season.

picnroll
09-04-2007, 04:10 PM
2 assists. Ballhog.

:stirpot:

temujin
09-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Parker was absolutely fantastic today.
He was playing Mordente, no defensive farce.
Yet 36 points.

temujin
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I posted here that if the Spurs sign Spanoulis, they got a fair deal for Scola.

I guess he will not go back to the US, though.

ploto
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Rasho had 11 points and 12 rebounds today. :D

Freeze
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Greece (defending champions) won again, beat Serbia team with Marko Jaric and Darko Milicic.

Spanoulis so far in tournament averages

48% Field Goal %
15 Points Per Game
4 Steals Per Game

VSpan tonight was 10pts (2/9 fg's, 1/6 3's, 5/8 FT's), 3 reb, 3 ast, 5 steals, 5 To's in 36 minutes (2nd playing time for Greek team).

His averages are 3.5 steals (not 4) for 3 TO's.
He shoots 30% of his threes....

IMO it's far to be impressive :nerd

Freeze
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.gameID_5170-D-4-2.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2007.roundI D_5170.teamID_.html

GAME PREVIEW
04 September 2007
Italy Look To Bounce Back
Italy will be looking to bounce back from Monday's bitter 69-68 defeat against Slovenia when they meet France on day two of the EuroBasket.

A Jaka Lakovic three-pointer at the buzzer stunned the Italians, who had failed to get out of first gear in the first half but made a strong comeback late in the fourth quarter to give themselves a chance to win the game.

Azzurri coach Carlo Recalcati will need big performances from promissing stars Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli, who were kept in check by Slovenia.

Key Match-up: Italian guard Belinelli will be eager to get this game out of the way, going up against international superstar Tony Parker. This will be a sweet preview of future NBA battles.

Last time out: Not since August 2006, in a friendly in Berlin, have these two teams played each other. In that game the Italians beat France 79-65. However, in the 2003 EuroBasket, Les Bleus won their two games against today's opponents.

Statistics: Italy must improve their three-point shooting after making just four of 22 (19%) against Slovenia. France were outrebounded 36 to 32 in their opener against Poland and know they will face a battle on the boards from Recalcati's men. Keeping their turnovers down to a minimum and getting off to a good start in the game will be crucial if Italy wish to upset France.

X-factor: It will be interesting to see how Italy react to Monday's defeat. The Azzurri have shown this summer, they are able to overcome adversity and come up with the goods when they are under pressure.

Speaking out: "Although we have not played against Italy this summer, we have seen some of their games. Italy is a very strong team but if we play our game we should be ok. The two players to look out for are Marco Belinelli and Matteo Soragna. We know how important this game is for us as it is for them." - France guard/forward Boris Diaw.

04 September 2007
Parker Carries France To Victory
Tony Parker poured in a game-high 36 points to give unbeaten France (2-0)a 69-62 triumph over Italy (0-2)

With the score at 60-60 with three minutes remaining, Les Bleus went on a 9-0 run, with Parker scoring four points in that game-winning surge.

He finished 12 of 22 (55%) from the field, grabbed three rebounds and dished out two assists.

"I felt I had to be aggressive," said Parker."It’s just basketball, it comes and it happens. Every game is going to be different and I don't think I need to score 30 points every time because the French team is better than that. We can all play together and tomorrow it will be a different game.

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/files/%7B48941867-409C-460B-93BA-C7D3D466F046%7Dmedium_v.jpg
Belinelli finished with 15 points but it wasn't enough

"We have to improve on our offense but as long as our defense works we can win games." Andrea Bargnani, who led Italy in scoring with 16 points, put his terrible start to EuroBasket 2007 quickly behind him.

He scored the first seven points of the game, while it took France five minutes before they scored a point and only when Parker buried a three-pointer.

Thanks to their guard, who scored 13 points, France kept pace and only trailed 20-17 at the end of the first quarter.

A one-handed dunk by Boris Diaw tied the game at 22-22 midwway through the second period.

But Italy kept their noses in front as Bargnani continued to take care of the scoring. They went on a 6-0 run late in the period to take a 33-24 lead, with Massimo Bulleri adding four points in that surge.

Carlo Recalcati's men went into the break with a 36-31 advantage, with Bargnani leading the way with 13. Parker had 15 for Les Bleus

France stepped up their defense and limited Italy to just five points in the first eight minutes of the second half as they used a 18-5 run to take a 49-41 lead, with Parker accounting for 12 points in that surge.

Marco Belinelli's two-handed dunk allowed Italy to go into the last quarter trailing by only four, 51-47.

Stefano Mancinelli scored five consecutive points at the start of the final frame to get the Azzurris back in front, 52-51.

The teams then exchanged the lead before France pulled away to seal the win.

"I am partly satisfied because my team showed an improvement with respect to yesterday's game (69-68) defeat to Slovenia)," admitted Recalcati.

"However, I am disappointed with the result and with the fact that my team lost its character when it mattered. Parker made the difference."
Italy were a mere six of 13 (46%) at the free throw line while France were 12 of 16 (75%).

France outrebounded Italy 40-31.

04 September 2007
France-Italy Postgame Quotes
France

Tony Parker: "I felt that I had to be aggressive. It's just basketball, it comes and it happens. Every game is going to be different and I don't think I need to score 30 points every time because the French team is better than that. We can all play together and tomorrow it will be a different game. We have to improve on our offense but as long as our defense works we can win games.

Coach Claude Bergeaud: "This was a key game for us because we didn't really know where we were after our last preparation game against Spain, which wasn't very good. Italy remain a competitive team. Offensively, Tony's outburst and his commitment to his team-mates was amazing, but we need more balanced scoring and a better sharing of the ball."

Italy

Marco Belinelli on Tony Parker's performance: "What can you say about Parker, he is just a great player."

Coach Carlo Recalcati: "I am partly satisfied because my team showed an improvement with respect to yesterday's game (69-68) defeat to Slovenia). However, I am disappointed with the result and with the fact that my team lost its character when it mattered. Parker made the difference."

Recalcati on Andrea Bargnani's performance: "He showed an improvement with respect to yesterday's game. We have to remember that Bargnani missed several warm-up games due to injury. He is now fully recovered."

Marco Mordente: "The anger and bitterness that we feel right now should charge us up for tomorrow's game. We must bounce back from these disappointments. Fortune was not on our side tonight."

Boxscore (http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.pageID_MIo9t,r8GfgCzft4jY3M,2.compID_q MRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2007.roundID_5170.tea mID_.gameID_5170-D-4-2.html)

Slomo
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Guys, may I suggest we continue the Eurobasket debate here (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77100)?

Since this one is supposed to be about Tony.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Idiot.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-04-2007, 05:26 PM
VSpan tonight was 10pts (2/9 fg's, 1/6 3's, 5/8 FT's), 3 reb, 3 ast, 5 steals, 5 To's in 36 minutes (2nd playing time for Greek team).

His averages are 3.5 steals (not 4) for 3 TO's.
He shoots 30% of his threes....

IMO it's far to be impressive :nerd

He didn't have 5 turnovers in game, NERD!

You think 15 points and 4 steals Average

nerd!

15 POINTS 4 STEALS AVERAGE IS NOT GOOD?

This is highest level of all basketball in Europe.

You get back to me when he is MVP.

Admidave50
09-04-2007, 05:55 PM
TP was outstanding tonight, hope he'll keep up against rasho tomorrow!

Solid D
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Seldom does a player score more than half of his team's total points.

Seldom does a player score more than half of his team's total points and still win the game.

Freeze
09-04-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=200

• September 4, 2007 « A reference game »

Tony, what are your views about this game ?
We started the game on a bad note with a 0-7 run. I told myself that we had to react and that we could not continue like this. This is the reason why I took the matter in my own hands by being more aggressive. Also, I was not with my performance against Poland and I had to show another face. The team understood this by giving me many balls. My outside shot was going in so we had to take advantage of this. Altogether it is a very good game for us. Italy is a team that usually shines in international competitions. It is a good reference game but we must not get carried away. We have to keep our heads on our shoulders.

The win was decided in the last minutes. Mentally you were able to pace yourselves and the team did not fold.
We’ve learnt a lot with our loss against Greece in 2005. Today we were able to better manage the last minutes. The buckets that we needn’t to miss went in. We were focused and as for me, I am not 21 anymore. I don’t get carried away. Even if I miss a shot, I immediately try again without asking myself a single question. I have been working on my shoot for two years in order to play those types of game.

Personally, you’ve had an incredible game…
I know very well that this won’t be the case every night. We are in the European Championships and never did a single player win an international competition on his own. We are winning as team. Tomorrow i twill be Boris’ turn, or Jo Gomis, Flo Pietrus… Our goal now is to beat Slovenia. The new formula for the European Championships obliges you to a get as many wins as possible in the first round. It will be difficult as Slovenia is a good team and they know us by heart as we’ve played them three times in our friendly games during the month of August. We will have to focused and not relax on the floor.

He didn't have 5 turnovers in game, NERD!
You think 15 points and 4 steals Average
nerd!
15 POINTS 4 STEALS AVERAGE IS NOT GOOD?
This is highest level of all basketball in Europe.
You get back to me when he is MVP.

My bad, that was 4 TO's :spin
But his 14.5 pts 3.5 steals 2 ast, 3 TO's in 32 mins on the first 2 games are far to make him an MVP candidate, these stats are just good stats, from a good player, playing in a very good team.

He's not even the MVP of the Greek NT so far :
Dikoudis Delivers For Greece (http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.gameID_5170-A-4-2.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2007.roundI D_5170.teamID_.html)
Turning point: Yesterday it was Kostas Tsartsaris who won the game for Greece with a three-pointer. Today, another of Greece's power forwards, Demos Dikoudis, stepped up. With 40 seconds left in the overtime session and with his team up by one, he knocked down a timely shot from downtown to make it a four-point game, 68-64. Serbia was only able to cut it down to one after that.
Now please Kill Bill stop trolling this thread about TP's tournament, as Slomo wrote, there's a thread for discussing about the tournament in the non-spurs part of the board :p:

SsKSpurs21
09-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Sep 4, 2007 4:24pm ET
Parker's 36 Power France at EuroBasket
"Tony Parker poured in a game-high 36 points to give unbeaten France (2-0)a 69-62 triumph over Italy (0-2)," writes Cindy Garcia-Bennett of FIBA.com. "With the score at 60-60 with three minutes remaining, Les Bleus went on a 9-0 run, with Parker scoring four points in that game-winning surge. He finished 12 of 22 (55%) from the field, grabbed three rebounds and dished out two assists."

Tony P tearing it up! :clap

RC's Boss
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
You can buy a $20 pass from Media zone.com.

That gives you access to every game in the entire tournament. :)
Pay for me please, I'll pay you back next year :blah

ploto
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Tony misses the game tying free throw with 2 seconds to go and Slovenija wins-- pay back for Rasho getting ejected on a touch foul on Tony!

Hoop
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
SLOVENIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slovenia owned TP!!!

Hoop
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Rasho's THE MAN!!!

Kori Ellis
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Tony misses the game tying free throw with 2 seconds to go and Slovenija wins-- pay back for Rasho getting ejected on a touch foul on Tony!

He was ejected? or he fouled out?

Hoop
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Ejected!

Hoop
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
2 flagrant!

1 st on Turiaf

2 nd on TP

He was playing defence like hell!

Kori Ellis
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
So it was a flagrant foul or a touch foul?

Huge difference. :lol

Slomo
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
He was ejected? or he fouled out?Ejected.

I only saw the T on Tony, where he grabed him to prevent the fast break. He actually held him with both hands to make sure Tony didn't trip or anything - the kind of intentional foul we see in the NBA all the time - the refs T'ed him for that.

It pissed off everybody on the team so much they played very well from then on.

Dragič did a really good job on Tony defensively - he deserves major props!

ploto
09-05-2007, 02:04 PM

Have you watched these games- the refs suck!

Spurs Brazil
09-05-2007, 02:05 PM
No Beno = Wins for Slovenia

velik_m
09-05-2007, 02:07 PM

Actually the only real flagrant foul by Rasho might have been the one that wasn't. I don't remember the last time i've seen a player in european games getting ejected, it was ridiculous.

Hoop
09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
touch foul - sorry

still excited about game

velik_m
09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
No Beno = Wins for Slovenia

We're still at the top of team turnover stats.

ploto
09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
He was ejected? or he fouled out?
Rasho got called for a flagrant on a foul on Turiaf. He came down with his arm across the front and hit Turiaf in the arm and the ball. It was not a flagrant foul. That is how people strip the ball all the time.

Then he fouled Turaif in the same way again and France wanted a flagrant and him ejected, but it did not happen. That was the second quarter.

Then in the third quarter, SLO had a turnover- Tony on the fast break and Rasho did exactly what you always do-- You sort of pseudo grab the guy to stop him. That is all, and Rasho got called for a second flagrant and ejected. If you had seen how physical this game was played, it was nothing.

Pissed off the SLO team and they came back and won. Up to that point, Rasho was about the only one playing with any heart or emotion-- seriously.

Hoop
09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Dragič (http://www.eurobasket2007.org/es/cid_o31v3jAVIckyKDlz1esQl0.playerID_46941.compID_q MRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2007.roundID_5170.tea mID_2154.html)

OWNED

TP!

Pero
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
We won despite refs... Judging the criteria they used on us for flagrants, france should have had at least two flagrants as well. We deserved this win.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Congrats to Slovenia, it's quite amazing that a small country like that is able to have a very good NT while a lot of players are out.
With this win Slovenia has a good chance to play the Olympic qualifying tournament next year. European teams that will play this tournament will have a good chance to go in Beijing for the Olympic games.

I haven't watched the game for the moment but France is maybe the worst shooting team in Europe. They are 3/13 from behind the arc int his game. They really lack of a quality SG who can shoot. France NT should be able to go at the Olympic qualifying tournament but I don't see them at all being qualified directly for the Olympics.

Kibic
09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Beno interviwed:
"Beno, you are on the beach with girls. What do you think where is Tony Parker right now?"

Beno:
"Well, I believe he is practicing free throws so he can win next time playing against our NT backup PG. I mean 4th, 5th string."

velik_m
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Lithuania looks scary good.

Hoop
09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Beno interviwed:
"Beno, you are on the beach with girls. What do you think where is Tony Parker right now?"

Beno:
"Well, I believe he is practicing free throws so he can win next time playing against our NT backup PG. I mean 4th, 5th string."

Slomo
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Lithuania looks scary good.Yep

Kobayagi
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
0 assists by Tony? lol

Pero
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure that's right. I think I remember at least one.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Tony is a liability and should be traded. :)

Admidave50
09-06-2007, 03:34 AM
fuck rasho, he injured Turiaf!

mathbzh
09-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Congrats to Slovenia, it's quite amazing that a small country like that is able to have a very good NT while a lot of players are out.
With this win Slovenia has a good chance to play the Olympic qualifying tournament next year. European teams that will play this tournament will have a good chance to go in Beijing for the Olympic games.

I haven't watched the game for the moment but France is maybe the worst shooting team in Europe. They are 3/13 from behind the arc int his game. They really lack of a quality SG who can shoot. France NT should be able to go at the Olympic qualifying tournament but I don't see them at all being qualified directly for the Olympics.

I only saw the last quarter (and the second half of the game against Italy).
This time we don't have a shooting problem. We just have a poor offensive game, no ball movement, no player movement... as a consequence all our shot are contested (like Russia shooting 6/23 3pt against greece). Some people will call TP a ballhog but to be fair, other French players don't put themselves in a position to receive the ball and shoot.
From what I saw, I believe we play way too much one on one. With Ferchaud we were supposed to have a guy who can shoot. But he only played 3 minutes yesterday (1/1 2pt). I wonder why Bergeaud took him in the team if he don't use him.

RADECK
09-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Tony's missed free throw LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xSkRDzZfM)

Pero
09-06-2007, 05:26 AM
fuck rasho, he injured Turiaf!

Yeah for like what, 20 minutes? :lol
It was a normal foul, injuries happen.

Slo spurs fan
09-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Turiaf was "injured" only becouse he is poor FT shooter. He was replaced with Diaw at the charity stripe and Diaw hit both. At the half time French doctors kissed Turiafs´ ass and he was back in the game. Hells yeah! We beat France & refs yesterday.

Kobayagi
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM
what happened to diaw and his FT shooting? Wasn't he like 21-0 in the last tournament?

Admidave50
09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Just kidding, I didn't watch the game and don't care much about Rony "Lakers" Turiaf. By reading French articles, it seems that Rasho injured him.

French team looks to be sucking badly except TP!

ploto
09-06-2007, 08:45 AM

You tell me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXkzUfB0w6w

Bruno
09-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Turiaf was "injured" only becouse he is poor FT shooter. He was replaced with Diaw at the charity stripe and Diaw hit both. At the half time French doctors kissed Turiafs´ ass and he was back in the game.

:rolleyes
Turiaf has a shoulder injury and played through the pain during the second half. He will have today some medical exam to see how serious the injury is.

ploto
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Turiaf has a shoulder injury and played through the pain during the second half. He will have today some medical exam to see how serious the injury is.
How can you leave the game and be replaced with someone else to shoot your free throws and then come back in later...

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Parker fails in the clutch again

doesn't have someone like TD or Manu to lean on

Kobayagi
09-06-2007, 09:38 AM
You tell me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXkzUfB0w6w

That's gotta be one of the "nicest" flagrant fouls I've ever seen :bang

Missed this one yesterday.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
How can you leave the game and be replaced with someone else to shoot your free throws and then come back in later...

because it's the Fiba rules.

In nba if a player is injured, the opponent coach must select a player to shoot free throws and the injured player can't come back.
In Fiba if a player is injured, his coach must select a player to sub in and shoot the free throws. The injured player can come back.

Some malicious teams can twist the Fiba rules but there must have some sanctions for teams doing it.

Turiaf was really injured and come back with a strap on his shoulder in the second half. He was too subbed by Florent Pietrus who plays his position, isn't a great free throw shooter and who has stayed in the game until the half time.
I don't see how you can honestly say that France has done something bad/malicious in this case.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Turiaf injury has been diagnostiged as a separated shoulder. He is day to day for the Saturday game against Germany.

ploto
09-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't see how you can honestly say that France has done something bad/malicious in this case.
I did not say they did anything malicious-- seems you doth protest too much. I simply asked for a clarification on the rules because they seem so easily manipulated the way they are. It is also wrong for people to imply that Rasho did something malicious on the play where Turiaf got hurt. Actually, it looked like he hurt it when he threw his own arm back up after the foul.

I notice you did not comment on that awful flagrant foul he committed on Tony. Is Tony OK today? Is that why he missed that free throw!?

angel_luv
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Tony's missed free throw LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xSkRDzZfM)

With theme music even! That's funny! Harsh, but funny.

angel_luv
09-06-2007, 10:28 AM

I remember Parker being pretty clutch in June. MVP did they call him?

smeagol
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Don't listen to the dude. He is trying to satrt a Manu vs Tony thread. He misses them cause we haven't had one in a while.

mathbzh
09-06-2007, 10:49 AM

TD or Manu never missed a FT in the last minutes of a game?

Parker was clutch enough to receive two FT to go to overtime with one second left. He missed one... it can happen.

Against Italy Parker was clutch... I would have love to see you posting about it

Bruno
09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
I did not say they did anything malicious-- seems you doth protest too much. I simply asked for a clarification on the rules because they seem so easily manipulated the way they are.

It's not clear what you want to say with your "...".
If it wasn't your thought, fine. Don't take it for you but for Slo spurs fan who was saying that it was malicious.

It is also wrong for people to imply that Rasho did something malicious on the play where Turiaf got hurt. Actually, it looked like he hurt it when he threw his own arm back up after the foul.

Nobody has said that Rasho has done something malicious.

I notice you did not comment on that awful flagrant foul he committed on Tony.

Do you want that I give a comment on every refs mistake ?
And Slovenia won the game, this mistake hasn't hurt Slovenia at the end.

Is Tony OK today? Is that why he missed that free throw!?

Stay classy, ploto, stay classy.

ducks
09-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Slovenia center Rasho Nesterovic was ejected in the third quarter for a hard foul on France guard Tony Parker when their teams met Wednesday in the FIBA Europe tournament.

Nesterovic, a former Spurs teammate of Parker, finished with 12 points. Slovenia won 67-66 after Parker made one of two free throws with t two seconds left. Parker had 25 points.

See the story below

- posted by Joe Alexander, MySA.com

LINK

05 September 2007
Slovenia Top Group D
A defiant Slovenia side edged France 67-66 to clinch top spot of Group D.

With Slovenia leading 67-65 with 0.1 seconds left to play, France had a chance to take the game to overtime but Tony Parker only made one of two attempts from the charity stripe to give their opponents their third straight win.

With Jaka Lakovic heavily marked by Les Bleus, Slovenian guard Domen Lorbek came up strong for his team on the night.

Lorbek sank the crucial free-throws to give his team the lead for good with 12 second left on the clock.

The 22-year-old finished with 15 points and was a pefect five for five from the field and four of five from the charity stripe.

"We were lucky in the end and we won the game," said Lorbek.

Slovenia felt unjustly punished when the official threw out captain Rasho Nesterovic of the game after a foul on Parker three minutes into the third quarter but it by no means hindered his team.

"I am very proud of my team-mates for what they did tonight," said Nesterovic. "They showed a lot of character and unity to come from 15 points down and win the game."

The center’s disqualification saw France go up 48-33 but a never-say-die Slovenia hit back with a 16-3 run to take a 52-51 lead with two minutes left to play in the quarter.

"Nesterovic's departure changed the game completely," said France coach Claude Bergeaud.

"We played slow on offense and defense and in the last minutes of the game we had little energy and we lost our concentration."

Bergeaud had requested his team to have a balanced scoring and a better sharing of the ball after Parker's heroics led to a win over Italy.

Turiaf's 15 points weren't enough as France lost their way.

His wishes were immediately answered with France having four different players scoring his team's first points - Parker did finish with a game-high 25 points while Ronny Turiaf added 15.

Following a level first quarter, Les Bleus stepped up their defense and limited Slovenia to one point over the next three minutes as they went on a 7-1 run to take command.

France suffered a setback with, Turiaf - their leading top scorer (10 points) at that point in the game - left the court after sustaining a right shoulder injury following a foul from Nesterovic.

Parker hit his team's first three-pointer with less than two minutes to go in the first half.

It sparked his team on a 7-0 run, with the NBA superstar scoring five points in that surge to help France take a 39-31 half-time lead.

Bergeaud’s men committed just two turnovers in the first half while their opponents turned the ball over nine times.

France led 56-52 going into the final period but their hopes of pulling away were quashed as Slovenia kept hitting back.

With 54 seconds remaining and France leading 65-64, Parker missed a three-point attempt and his team-mate Tariq Kirksay fouled Lorbek, sending him to the line.

Lorbek made one of two to tie the contest at 65 a piece with 36 seconds on the clock.

Kirksay then missed a jumpshot and Lorbek again was sent to the foul line with 11 seconds left after being foul by Florent Pietrus. He made the pair to see Slovenia remain undefeated (3-0) in the group.

Slovenia were 18 for 24 (75%) from the free-throw line while France were 21 for 30(70%).

Slovenia out-rebounded France 32 to 27.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/spursworld/2007/09/rasho_nesterovic_tossed_for_ha.html

ploto
09-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Nobody has said that Rasho has done something malicious.

I have been reading several boards during this tournament and several French and Laker fans have claimed so. It has been hilarious to read about that awful thug- Rasho- who goes around playing too emotional and out of control.

Even the SA reporter did not bother to watch the game but reports that Rasho committed a hard foul on Tony- which he did not.

Slo spurs fan
09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Slovenia center Rasho Nesterovic was ejected in the third quarter for a hard foul on France guard Tony Parker when their teams met Wednesday in the FIBA Europe tournament... blah, blah, blah....

Yeah it was realy hard foul :rolleyes REALY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXkzUfB0w6w)

Hoop
09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Mr.Nesterović showed that he is true NT leader, great person and motivator, and FINALY he played one realy agressive game.

Those athletic french pussys played hard also all game and some of them would make great carrer in Hollwood!

Rasho owned Rony "Pussy" Turiaf

Bruno
09-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I have been reading several boards during this tournament and several French and Laker fans have claimed so. It has been hilarious to read about that awful thug- Rasho- who goes around playing too emotional and out of control.

If ploto start to complain about the whole www on Spurstalk...

And while I agree that Rasho exclusion isn't deserved, it's not a scandal. Refs have just blindy followed rules :

To judge whether a foul is unsportsmanlike, the officials should apply the following
principles:
• If a player is making no effort to play the ball and contact occurs, it is an
unsportsmanlike foul.
• If a player, in an effort to play the ball, causes excessive contact (hard foul),
then the contact shall be judged to be unsportsmanlike.
• If a player commits a foul while making a legitimate effort to play the ball
(normal play), it is not an unsportsmanlike foul.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Rasho owned Rony "Pussy" Turiaf

:rolleyes Stupidity at his worst.
In case you don't know it, "Ronny "Pussy" Turiaf" came back from an open heart surgery two year ago. What a pussy. :spin

angel_luv
09-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Timmy to Sho: "Fiba sucks."

Slo spurs fan
09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
:rolleyes Stupidity at his worst.
In case you don't know it, "Ronny "Pussy" Turiaf" came back from an open heart surgery two year ago. What a pussy. :spin
I second that!

MI21
09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah, just as Bruno posted, I always thought in International basketball there is no flagrant foul. In the leagues I play, I'm pretty sure it's unsportsmanlike fouls that are called in situations similar to "flagrant" situations in the NBA. It's a different interpretation as well, the contact doesn't have to be heavy, it's more the intent.

Slo spurs fan
09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Don't take it for you but for Slo spurs fan who was saying that it was malicious.

I just wanted to say it was not THAT hard foul and it was not with intention to harm Turiaf. Rasho clearly targeted ball and even hit it.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 12:40 PM
unsportsmanlike fouls are the equivalent of technicals fouls in nba. If you do two technical/unsportsmanlike fouls in a game, you are excluded.

When you do a foul on a fast break just to avoid a basket, it's a technical/unsportsmanlike foul. FIBA refs are more strict than NBA refs on that rule.

I think that they have done a mistake because they have been too strict but it's debatable.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I just wanted to say it was not THAT hard foul and it was not with intention to harm Turiaf. Rasho clearly targeted ball and even hit it.

In this case don't say "Turiaf was "injured" only becouse he is poor FT shooter." :)

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM

his MVP award was a fucking joke

TD was easily the best player in that series, and had only one "off game", and had like 14-15rbs in that "off" game

Parker just scored more, shit TD had more assists then the damn PG :lol

and Manu was the hero of Gm4

Slo spurs fan
09-06-2007, 01:09 PM
In this case don't say "Turiaf was "injured" only becouse he is poor FT shooter." :)
I still think if he was good enough to come back, he was good enough to throw FTs. But it doesn´t matter now anyway.

ploto
09-06-2007, 01:49 PM
And while I agree that Rasho exclusion isn't deserved, it's not a scandal. Refs have just blindy followed rules
France did the same thing - only harder- on more than one occasion and it was not called an unsportsmanlike foul. You look stupid commenting on a game you did not see.

As to the first one called- Rasho even hit the ball- so explain that!

mardigan
09-06-2007, 01:52 PM
France did the same thing - only harder- on more than one occasion and it was not called an unsportsmanlike foul. You look stupid commenting on a game you did not see.
Thats funny coming from you.
Splitter still needs to get some starts in right?

ploto
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
You are all just sore losers- Rasho inspired his team and Tony choked.

For one day- I get to gloat. Nothing you say will remove the grin from my face.

And if you look, Rasho reaches across the front toward the ball. Guess he should have body checked him like Horry.

mardigan
09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
You are all just sore losers- Rasho inspired his team and Tony choked.

For one day- I get to gloat. Nothing you say will remove the grin from my face.
I dont really care about that, I always kind of liked Rasho and would go out of my way to defend him to my friends who hated him. Maybe they had the last laugh, but I'll never go out of my wat to trash the guy, he tried his best.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Unreal :lmao
First ploto say me : "I notice you did not comment on that awful flagrant foul he committed on Tony."
And when I make a comment about it and explain her the rule, she says : "You look stupid commenting on a game you did not see."

For the record, I've watched most of the game today.

As to the first one called- Rasho even hit the ball- so explain that!

Maybe you should learn to read :

To judge whether a foul is unsportsmanlike, the officials should apply the following
principles:
• If a player is making no effort to play the ball and contact occurs, it is an
unsportsmanlike foul.
• If a player, in an effort to play the ball, causes excessive contact (hard foul),
then the contact shall be judged to be unsportsmanlike.
• If a player commits a foul while making a legitimate effort to play the ball
(normal play), it is not an unsportsmanlike foul.

Rasho first unsportsmanlike foul was really deserved, it's a true hard foul. He used his arm as a hatchet on Turiaf's shoulder. Only a blind homer could say that it wasn't a hard foul. It was too quite dangerous.
I'm really disappointed in Rasho when I see him doing things like that. It's the same kind of disappointment I had towards Horry after his hard foul on Nash.

Pero
09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Man, it was a hard foul, but I wouldn't say it was flagrant, worse fouls could and do happen. And guys, I don't understand why you're still arguing about this, it's over. And if I judged from some of the posts here I would've thought we lost the game. Just focus on the next game.

Pero
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I guess there's such a thing as sore winners too. :lol

angel_luv
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Just focus on the next game.

Excellent advice. :tu

timvp
09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
It'll be interesting to see if ploto excuses Rasho's thug actions. Injuring one player and getting thrown out on another foul is thuggish behavior.

She condemned Horry for similar actions. Let's see if ploto is a woman of her word.

P.S.

:lol @ ploto bashing Tony when her man was thrown out with his team down ten and somehow came back to win.

Pero
09-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I think you don't know what you're talking about this time. Untill he got thrown out he was our best player, without him, France would probably make a big lead sooner, which we might not overcome. Also his ejection was motivation for our players. It probably was a blessing in disguise.

Alain
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
France did the same thing - only harder- on more than one occasion and it was not called an unsportsmanlike foul.

You are kidding, right?
Hacking in the paint was Slovenia main defensive plan. Rasho hammered 3 or 4 times in the first half before injuring Turiaf. The very inconsistent refs finaly thought they had to do something and ejected him on the first oportunity (on a play where he never intended to touch the ball. Read the rules!).
And yes, french players started to play more agressive later on, but never to match what non homers saw from the guys in white. And that probably cost them the game anyway as they lost any bit of offensive ability in the process (and they don't have much of it to begin with).
We know what happened 2 weeks ago during these "friendly games" and I'm sad to see Slovenia going that way as I always considered them as a classy team. Now they're no better than Croatia, Turkey or Greece.

Pero
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Huh???
And pray tell, what happened two weeks ago?

Alain
09-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Reports were made that a brawl nearly happened.

Pero
09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Really? This is the first I heard of it, then again I don't read news much. Any Slovenian heard anything about this?
But anyway, how is this related to THIS game?

Alain
09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I believe the slovenian coach defensive gameplan to beat the french is to hack them, that's all.

Bruno
09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
The Rasho foul on Turiaf is at the start of this video :
http://www.dailymotion.com/Clifton-mvp/video/x2x65g_france-slovenie-part4_sport

Pero
09-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I doubt it, considering how weak our team is. In any case, even if it were, it's not why we won, hacking can't make 19-3 runs, or make Parker miss a free throw. I think had he made the second FT, we probably would've lost in overtime.

Alain
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
And he didn't have the unsportmanlike on this one

picnroll
09-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Rasho a thug? Injuring playres? Game ejections? Have I entered some parallel universe.

That was a hard foul. I guess it could have been a flagrant 1 by NBA standards. Definitely a play with the potential to injure coming across the top of the shoulder as someone was raising his arm. Whoever said intially it was nothing is FOS.

Pero
09-06-2007, 05:14 PM
What is FOS?

Alain
09-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I doubt it, considering how weak our team is. In any case, even if it were, it's not why we won, hacking can't make 19-3 runs, or make Parker miss a free throw. I think had he made the second FT, we probably would've lost in overtime.

I don't blame the loss on the hard fouls and over agressivity of the slovenian players, but it's not a nice behavior and makes the game ugly and painfull to watch. There should be a median point between NBA showtime and FIBA ugly but intense games. Oh yes I know: the SPURS!

picnroll
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
What is FOS?
complètement de la merde

Pero
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Ha, I wish! We just might be champions. :lol
(edit: meant for the spurs comment :lol )

Alain
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
What is FOS?
Full of shit

Pero
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
complètement de la merde

Though I don't speak French. :)

Bruno
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
And he didn't have the unsportmanlike on this one

Yes, the foul that injured Turiaf wasn't judged as an unsportsmanlike one. The unsportsmanlike one was before on the same kind of play.

Anyway, time to move on. As I said before, congrats to Slovenia for this win, they have shown a lot of heart.

Eurobasket second round will be nice to follow.

Alain
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, let's move on.
Btw, when is the next Lakers-Raptors game?

Kobayagi
09-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Rasho a thug? Injuring playres? Game ejections? Have I entered some parallel universe.

:lmao

Btw...I had no idea ploto was a girl. :lol

ploto
09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Btw...I had no idea ploto was a girl. :lol
Ploto is not a girl-- Ploto is a WOMAN.

sendman
09-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Ploto is not a girl-- Ploto is a WOMAN.

FINE WOMAN I might add.
:clap

timvp
09-07-2007, 03:55 AM

That was a pretty thuggish foul by Rasho. He got beat baseline and just hammered Turiaf. That'd be called a flagrant in the NBA.

Bad Rasho :nope

P.S.

Man, I wish we would have seen more of those type of hard fouls while with the Spurs. He laid out some nice fouls as a Spur but even more would have been welcomed.

:smokin

P.P.S.

Even though I wasn't a fan of his signing and was happy with the trade that sent Rasho out of town ... a small part of me misses his play for the Spurs. He was all class and it would have been cool to see him win a ring in which he played a large role.

Actually, Rasho might be a player who is better as he ages. If these flagrants are signs that he's going to step up his aggressiveness and toughness, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him after his contract expires.

zeleni
09-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Judging the judges :dramaquee

Rasho's axe is something of a normal thing in Europe. Center under the basket shouldn't have that kind of trouble to lift the ball, so every kind of axe is a PF. The same goes for a player being stopped without any obsticles ahead.
None of Rasho's mishaps could cause an injury. Overblown.

French mishaps in last minutes of the game... could. So refereeing atrocious.

ChumpDumper
09-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Rasho is good. Just overpaid for what he does. I would take him or Malik back for the right price, no problem.

ginobili fan
09-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Rasho is good. Just overpaid for what he does. I would take him or Malik back for the right price, no problem.

For sure I would too...
I miss Rasho...
Imagine Rasho and Oberto together that would be scary

RADECK
09-07-2007, 05:23 AM
http://img.rtvslo.si/upload/sport/kosarka/jaka_4_show.jpg

Rasho with Slovenian hero Jaka Laković (http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/basquet/temporada_07-08/plantilla/jugadors/Lakovic.html) and Man with the mask Goran Dragić(who played excelent defence all tournament-also on TP) after Laković's winning 3 pointer against Italy

Magic_Johnson
09-07-2007, 05:48 AM

I agree.
but we can hope it will be like 2005. France sucked in the first round but play great after that.

But we won't have a chance if boris plays like that.
He was our best player 2 years ago.

Alain
09-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Rasho's axe is something of a normal thing in profesional wrestling.

fixed

Slo spurs fan
09-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Don´t act like he (Rasho) was a thug in that play, Alain. It was hard foul, but nothing like thug act. Timvp did you saw that 2nd "intentional" faul by Rasho on Tony? It was bullshit call IMO. That 2 fouls made by French players in the last minute was much harder fouls, maybe even with intention to hurt D.Lorbek. And it was called just as faul.

Alain
09-07-2007, 07:51 AM
You should read the thread and find out that Rasho did not get an unsportmanlike foul on that play. He had it on a previous similar hammering which was already the second in the game. And then he was ejected for another kind of unsportmanlike foul (fouling while not playing the ball, aka catching a player from behind in order to prevent the fast break). That one was not rough indeed and should not have warrant exclusion, but it was more a question of accumulation. The refs had to do something.

ginobili fan
09-07-2007, 09:13 AM
whatever this game was more a french loss than a slovenian victory.
And Diaw sucks like Phoenix

Slo spurs fan
09-07-2007, 09:22 AM
You should read the thread and find out that Rasho did not get an unsportmanlike foul on that play. He had it on a previous similar hammering which was already the second in the game. And then he was ejected for another kind of unsportmanlike foul (fouling while not playing the ball, aka catching a player from behind in order to prevent the fast break). That one was not rough indeed and should not have warrant exclusion, but it was more a question of accumulation. The refs had to do something.
I don´t need to read, becouse I watched the game (3 times). Rashos´ 1st hard foul was called unsportsmanlike and that was his 1st such foul. The second time was when Turiaf was hurt and he was called for (ordinary) foul. He shouldn´t be called for unsportsmanlike foul and ejected for that soft foul on Tony. You know it, I know it, all should know it. But as I already said, go on it is a new round in Madrid and I hope we will met again soon! :toast

Hoop
09-08-2007, 08:53 AM
whatever this game was more a french loss than a slovenian victory.
And Diaw sucks like Phoenix

then you didn't watch the game

stéphane
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I watched the game (3 times).
lol You seriously have some time to waste...

Slo spurs fan
09-08-2007, 11:54 AM
lol You seriously have some time to waste...
No, I love Slovenian basketball team and I love basketball itself.

phxspurfan
09-08-2007, 01:45 PM

It sure is nice seeing Tony hit threes like the one in this video (about 1/3 of the way in)

Pero
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Just so you know, our TV comentator said that Rasho went to apologize to Turiaf, and Turiaf said that very few people ever did that (apologize).

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Just so you know, our TV comentator said that Rasho went to apologize to Turiaf, and Turiaf said that very few people ever did that (apologize).

That was kind of Sho.

I remember seeing Sho apologize for a hard foul when the Spurs played the Wizards in 05.
I still remember because I was really impressed by it.

ploto
09-08-2007, 04:19 PM

He had THREE dunks tonight in the game against Turkey. Even went 3-3 from the free throw line. :elephant

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Fear the Sho! :fro

And one of those dunks was an " and one" which is one of the free throws he made.

Bruno
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM

He has apologized to Turiaf at the start of the second half of the game.
After the game Turiaf has too said that he wasn't mad at all after Rasho and said that these hard fouls were because he was frustrated.

Luckily, Turiaf injury wasn't too serious and he was able to play today. End of the story.

velik_m
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
France looked pretty good today, if they would hit their open shots, they would completely demolish Germany.

Slo spurs fan
09-08-2007, 05:27 PM
He has apologized to Turiaf at the start of the second half of the game.
After the game Turiaf has too said that he wasn't mad at all after Rasho and said that these hard fouls were because he was frustrated.

Luckily, Turiaf injury wasn't too serious and he was able to play today. End of the story.
Maybe we will met again on this tournament. :toast

ducks
09-09-2007, 09:43 AM
he has played very well so far

Bruno
09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe we will met again on this tournament. :toast

:toast

Streakyshooter08
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I watched the Ger-Fra Game today and I was really happy how Parker played. He was great. Looking forward to see him back with the Spurs...

Freeze
09-09-2007, 11:33 AM
TP's stats are impressive so far:
32.8min
25pts
48.5% FG's (55% 2Pts, 39.3% 3pts)
79.3% FT's
3.5 Reb
2.3 Ast
0.8 Stl
1.5 To

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 12:24 PM
32.8min
25pts
79.3% FT's
3.5 Reb
2.3 Ast
0.8 Stl
1.5 To

Not enough ast. Ballhog. :dramaquee

ata
09-09-2007, 12:36 PM
.......P.P.S.

Even though I wasn't a fan of his signing and was happy with the trade that sent Rasho out of town ... a small part of me misses his play for the Spurs. He was all class and it would have been cool to see him win a ring in which he played a large role.

Actually, Rasho might be a player who is better as he ages. If these flagrants are signs that he's going to step up his aggressiveness and toughness, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him after his contract expires.

Has hell just frozen?

ata
09-09-2007, 12:41 PM
32.8min
25pts
79.3% FT's
3.5 Reb
2.3 Ast
0.8 Stl
1.5 To

And very solid game against Germany.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Not enough ast. Ballhog. :dramaquee

In NBA this be many more assist. Remember most assists in FIBA don't even get counted.

You can see players like Sarunas, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Gasol, Lackovic, Calderon, Welsch, Halperin, Kirilenko, Parker get 6-10 assists many times and get scored 1 or 2 assists.

Just today I count 9 NBA assists for Spanoulis and just 2 in FIBA.

Sarunas average 6 assists in tournament and by NBA assists he be having Magic like assists totals, even above Stockton or Nash numbers.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Spanoulis buzzer beater. He drive full court two crossovers, ankle breaker then pullup 26 footer for win. Spurs needs to bring him back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZtf_lr_es

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
In NBA this be many more assist. Remember most assists in FIBA don't even get counted.

You can see players like Sarunas, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Gasol, Lackovic, Calderon, Welsch, Halperin, Kirilenko, Parker get 6-10 assists many times and get scored 1 or 2 assists.

Just today I count 9 NBA assists for Spanoulis and just 2 in FIBA.

Sarunas average 6 assists in tournament and by NBA assists he be having Magic like assists totals, even above Stockton or Nash numbers.
Thank you for explaining me, LOL. Didn´t you see that smiley at the end of my post? Yes it is the one and only THE DRAMAQUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Thank you for explaining me, LOL. Didn´t you see that smiley at the end of my post? Yes it is the one and only THE DRAMAQUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry, I get you confused with American fans always confuse about FIBA assists they always act like 3 or 4 assists terrible when in FIBA that be a passing God.

I sees now your name must mean you from Slovenia then right? Your team do very good so far.

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh sorry, I get you confused with American fans always confuse about FIBA assists they always act like 3 or 4 assists terrible when in FIBA that be a passing God.

I sees now your name must mean you from Slovenia then right? Your team do very good so far.
Yes I am from Slovenia. You can see that little flag below my avatar.

Freeze
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
• September 8, 2007
« Not think too much about this »

Tony, could we speak of a reference game for the French team ?

You are making me laugh with your analysis. Let us play our game. Against Slovenia, we just let go of the game. Tonight, (Saturday), we did not change our systems, we’ve played exactly the same way but we were focus from the first to the last minute. We have been a bit more agile with the ball and we’ve moved a bit better; this is it. We must not think too much about this.

When you were up by ten points, did you think about the game against Slovenia ?

No, this could not happen twice in a row. We’ve defended very well and was not too worried. In addition, Flo Pietrus and Boris Diaw have done a great defensive work on Dirk Nowitzki. My teammates were a lot more aggressive; they’ve created opportunities and taken more risk. It is good as we must play like this. We still believe in our systems, score our shoots and be focus on defense. Defense is the base of our game. I am conscious of the progress we must accomplish in attack if we wish to win more games but if we want to win, it will have to be with our defense.

One word about Dirk Nowitzki who was the MVP of the regular season in the NBA.

I am used to play against him in the NBA. We are facing each other some ten times a year. San Antonio/Dallas is like a local derby. It was with great pleasure to play against him with the national team. He took some risks, and was aggressive. In the end he just was Dirk Nowitzki.

Now a big game against Lithuania is awaiting you on Monday night…

It is a big game. Lithuania is a very good team and is more dangerous than the Germans. With Jasikevicius and the players around him we will have to elevate our level of play in defense in order to stop them.

http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=202

mathbzh
09-10-2007, 02:43 AM
I saw Spain-Russia yesterday... I don't see how this Spanish team could not win the tournament.
Their backourt is amazing.

Hoop
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Slovenia embarrassed Nowitzki and company - 77:47!

Dirk 16 points and two bloks from Rasho

Admidave50
09-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Good defense on Parker yesterday by Lithuania!

They forced him to drive away from the hoop but he managed 6 asst!

France is terrible at shooting and they suffered from bad coaching at the beginning of the 4th while France managed an 8 point deficit! Instead of putting the best players, Bergeaud continued with the suckers from the bench!

Even if Mike Pietrus sucked ass last year with the national team I really don't get why we didn't get him and Gelabale!

mathbzh
09-11-2007, 06:50 AM
France is terrible at shooting and they suffered from bad coaching at the beginning of the 4th while France managed an 8 point deficit! Instead of putting the best players, Bergeaud continued with the suckers from the bench!

I have a feeling that when Bergeaud saw the French team couldn't win that game he decided to surrender and to give playing time to the bench players.

mathbzh
09-11-2007, 07:04 AM
France is terrible at shooting

I don't understand how France could have take 36 3pt shoots.
Ferchaud is a shooter and is 2/5 is not that bad (with just a bit more luck it could have been 4/5) but Kirksay (1/6) or Diaw (1/4) trying to score from the line when they are two players who could drive to the basket and are poor shooters is insane (Kirksay 28% in french ProA, Diaw 25% in his NBA career).
Tony is probably the second or third best French Shooter (behind Ferchaud and maybe Diawara) but at least he know when he is hot and when he is not (thanks to Pop).

Alain
09-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I have a feeling that when Bergeaud saw the French team couldn't win that game he decided to surrender and to give playing time to the bench players.

Avoiding Spain and Greece in quarterfinal is nice.

mathbzh
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Avoiding Spain and Greece in quarterfinal is nice.
Obviously :rolleyes

Slomo
09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Nice picture!

I didn't know that Senior was in Europe.
(http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/coid_H7JyiW58HLMpc,Ga-hyGo1.articleMode_on.html)
http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/files/%7BDD4F56C0-A6F3-499D-A0A6-FD41C5B963F4%7Dlarge_h.jpg

Lady M
09-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Tony in Bruges (Belgium) and grown in France because his father was a basket player in this countries
Tony's father was comentator for french TV 2 or 3 years

Slomo
09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I know the history :)

I meant I did not know senior was in Europe now (as per linked article).

And that is obviously not a recent picture since I don't think they give medals for the qualifying rounds :lol

ata
09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Could this be picture from Belgrade? (Bronze for France)

Check the logo: http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/images/eurobasket_logo.jpg

Slomo
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Could this be picture from Belgrade? (Bronze for France)

Check the logo: http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/images/eurobasket_logo.jpgYes, it could be from BG.

colargol
09-13-2007, 03:08 AM
Nice picture!

I didn't know that Senior was in Europe.
(http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/coid_H7JyiW58HLMpc,Ga-hyGo1.articleMode_on.html)
http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/files/%7BDD4F56C0-A6F3-499D-A0A6-FD41C5B963F4%7Dlarge_h.jpg

There was others seniors for the firsts rounds....Bill Russell....T-Mac :lol

Admidave50
09-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Ferchaud is a shooter and is 2/5 is not that bad

Problem is Ferchaud acts as a pussy sometimes and avoid open shots! Doesn't he know his sole purpose on this team is to shoot and nothing else? He's a big liability in defense! (all this kind of things remind me of Barry with the Spurs.. :rolleyes )

mathbzh
09-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Problem is Ferchaud acts as a pussy sometimes and avoid open shots! Doesn't he know his sole purpose on this team is to shoot and nothing else? He's a big liability in defense! (all this kind of things remind me of Barry with the Spurs.. :rolleyes )

I agree with you... if we had Pietrus at least we could keep presure on defense during the whole game. My point was more to say that having Kirksay and Diaw taking a lot of 3pt is stupid. They are terrible shooters. When Diaw takes a 3pt he looks like someone who knows he will not score ("Shit I am open... I must take this shot :depressed "). I didn't watch the game against Turkey but I am glad to see the team only took 14 3pt (still with little success 4/14).

Josepatches
09-14-2007, 05:48 AM
France won bronze in 2005 was 5th in Japan (third european team) without Parker and had arguably the best defense in Japan. They can win a medal.
Spain or Greece may be too much for the French team but they can compete with any other team. Moreover Parker is not Nowitsky but France is not Germany. Dirk is alone in his team and the results he had in the past are a miracle.
Tony has strong players to help him.

Gasol is a great player AND plays in a great team (you know like Parker playing with TD and Manu).

France will not win anything if they play like they did against Poland. But if they give a better effort they will be a tough matchup for any team.

Where is the medal now?
France has a good team,much better than Germany but they will fight for the fifth place together.Parker is a great scorer,but he's not as great as PG and leader.

mathbzh
09-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Where is the medal now?
France has a good team,much better than Germany but they will fight for the fifth place together.Parker is a great scorer,but he's not as great as PG and leader.

You should learn to read stupid boy.
I said France had a shot at a medal. They were two FT away from the semis and a tough matchup for Russia. I also said they didn't play well against Poland and had to improve. In that tournament they were overmatch only by Lithuania.
In case you didn't notice they played and won against Germany.
There is a difference between having a shot at a medal and having a medal.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Parker and company down 16 to Croatia at half time . :(

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:11 AM
France on a 7-0 run. 7:20 left in the third.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Croatia up 13 9:25 left in the fourth.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Closest France has been in this half is down 5. Now they are down 16. 7:35 left in game.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:37 AM
France trying to come back. Down 11. 5 and change left.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:38 AM
France cut the lead to single digits. Down 9.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Tony with 16 points.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Croatia up 13- two minutes left.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Sorry Tony. :(

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM
France lost by 17.

ploto
09-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Croatia 86
France 69

Bruno
09-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrats.
Now, France just need to lose tomorrow against the looser of Slovenia/Germany.
Losing against Slovenia should be easier than losing against Germany. Go Germany. :elephant

wildchild
09-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Congrats.
Losing against Slovenia should be easier than losing against Germany. Go Germany. :elephant

Mad man? Just ironic? :rolleyes France's a young team, is necessary to give time...(Allez le blue, q. la force soit avec toi!)

Bruno
09-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Mad man? Just ironic? :rolleyes France's a young team, is necessary to give time...(Allez le blue, q. la force soit avec toi!)

No, I'm just realistic.
Given what has happened in Spain, I think that the best for Parker will be France NT losing tomorrow and not being qualified for the Olympic qualifying tournament.

wildchild
09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
No, I'm just realistic.
Given what has happened in Spain, I think that the best for Parker will be France NT losing tomorrow and not being qualified for the Olympic qualifying tournament.

I think that the best for Parker'll be... (to be a Olympic Champion).

But, I know nothing. Peace, Bruno. :yield

Bruno
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Playing with French NT has some edges and some drawbacks for Parker.

If France win tomorrow, they will have to play a qualifying tournament to play the Olympics. The biggest drawbacks (injuries and lack of rest) are even bigger.

French NT isn't close at all to win an Olympic medal next year. The edge of winning something is gone. France playing crappy makes too other edges less important. An example : a big reason why Parker play with French NT is to have some fun with his friends (Diaw, Turiaf..), Parker will have less fun if his team is losing.

Bruno
09-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats.

Well done Germany.

Now, go Slovenia. :elephant
You beat France the last time, do it again.
PS : Don't choke.

Slomo
09-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Well if France wants to lose tomorrow, they'll have to work hard at it.

Admidave50
09-15-2007, 08:36 PM
what a slap in the face! Losing against Russia and a blowing out against Croatia makes me delisiunal!

Don't win the game tomorrow..

France sports teams suck these days (Soccer team lost to Scotland, Rugby team lost against ARgentina, Basketbal team...)

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
:lmao So you guys are actually rooting for Parker to lose so he can come home and rest?

Admidave50
09-15-2007, 08:53 PM
There's only 1 game left!

What's the use of sending TP to the OG if France is destined to lose?

That's something we don't need to.. It's like being number 1 all year and being eliminated in the first round... :rolleyes

We all have our own expectations.

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
There's only 1 game left!

What's the use of sending TP to the OG if France is destined to lose?

That's something we don't need to.. It's like being number 1 all year and being eliminated in the first round... :rolleyes

We all have our own expectations.

Personally I wish Dirk wasn't playing in the tournament either, he should be resting and getting ready to avenge the past 2 chokejobs.

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 11:39 PM
:lmao So you guys are actually rooting for Parker to lose so he can come home and rest?

I am rooting for him to lose because I want Rasho and Team Slovenia to win.

I was hoping that both Tony and Rasho would win their qualifying games today and avoid this match up.

Bruno
09-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Congrats to France for this loss.
Parker won't have to play the whole summer next year for this crappy team.

angel_luv
09-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Slovenia kicked France's tail that fourth quarter! I enjoyed it thoroughly. :fro

However, Tony played incredibly well this game.
Bring it back to the Spurs, Parker, bring it on back. :)

Spurs Brazil
09-16-2007, 09:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=EuroSemifinals

LITHUANIA vs. GREECE

Memo to R.C. Buford in San Antonio: You are going to rue the day you decided to allow Vassilis Spanoulis to leave the NBA (after you acquired him earlier this summer from Houston for Jackie Butler and the rights to Luis Scola) and return to Panathinaikos in Greece.

Spanoulis was a force for Greece on Saturday in its semifinal match against Spain, scoring 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting with five assists to carry his team's offense on a day when Theo Papaloukas was a nonfactor and Dimitrios Diamantidis had his worst game of the tournament.

The Greeks were knocking the Spanish players all over the court (if they had a leaving-the-bench rule in FIBA, there would be seven suspended Greeks and seven suspended Spaniards on Sunday) and battling them relentlessly on defense (11 steals), but they just couldn't execute well enough down the stretch to catch Spain in the final two minutes.

But there was so much more fight in the Greeks on Saturday than there was in the Lithuanians that we can't help but think that's going to carry over into the third-place game Sunday and be one of the main deciding factors.

Prediction: Greece by 1.

-- Chris Sheridan in Madrid

Bruno
09-16-2007, 09:05 AM
^ :rolleyes
Memo to Chris Sheridan : You can't keep a player who doesn't want to play for you.

Admidave50
09-16-2007, 10:05 AM
What a joke, getting blasted by 20 pts in the last quarter!

The national team is so weak, happy to know that TP will have some time off next year!

Spurs Brazil
09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/coid_,66VhRYOHJ26ITZA7L4Ye3.articleMode_on.html

Slovenia Grab Last Olympic Qualifying Spot
By David Hein
16 September 2007
Slovenia drained seven three-pointers during a 24-6 run to start the fourth quarter in knocking off France 88-74 to clinch seventh place at the 2007 EuroBasket as well as a berth in next summer's pre-Olympic tournament.

Jaka Lakovic hit three long bombs in the big stretch on his way to 26 points, six rebounds and seven assists.

Uros Slokar struck twice from long distance and converted a three-pointer in the spurt as part of his 13-point showing and Radoslav Nesterovic added 19 points, eight rebounds and two blocked shots.

“This is just unbelievable,” said Lakovic. "We played so well in this tournament and were just one step away from the semi-finals. At least we have met our aim before the EuroBasket of reaching the pre-Olympic tournament.”

Slovenia were able to overcome two heart-breaking losses to Greece and Germany in the past two days in clinching seventh place, one spot worse than in 2005.

France star Tony Parker scored a game-high 31 points and did all he could to keep the French in the game late, scoring his team's first 10 points of the fourth period.

France, who also got 13 points from Ronny Turiaf and 10 points from Joseph Gomis, crashed to eighth place - their worst EuroBasket showing since taking 10th place in 1997.

"The blame goes to the whole group. Today we were motivated and we reacted well. But it was very difficult when Slovenia were hitting so well from outside in the fourth quarter," said French captain Boris Diaw, who fouled out with zero points and four rebounds.

"Our aim coming into this tournament was to reach the Olympics or the pre-Olymipc tournament, but we have failed in both aims."

France started the game cold, just 1-of-6 from the floor in falling behind 14-6.

Claude Bergeaud's team rolled off an 11-0 run to pull ahead but trailed 18-17 after the first period.

The game went back-and-forth in the second quarter and was even at 33-33 before Yakhouba Diawara's three-pointer keyed a 7-0 France spurt, during which Lakovic drew his third foul.

Matjaz Smodis was able to hit a three-pointer in the waning seconds of the first half to trim the deficit to 40-36 at the break.

After Slovenia had pulled to within 40-39, Joseph Gomis and Parker combined for France's final 14 points of the third period in jumping to a 57-51 advantage going into the fourth.

Ales Pipan's team went on fire to start the final period.

Slokar drained two long bombs and converted a three-point play and Lakovic hit three treys of his own in a 24-6 run which opened a 75-63 lead with 3:40 to play.

Slovenia would eventually work the lead up to 17 points in the fourth.

timvp
09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I've been watching this tournament and the French team is just horrible. Parker is playing pretty well but everyone else sucks. On top of that, the offensive and defensive sets suck. France needs to invest in some coaching before asking Parker to ever play again. And Boris Diaw should officially donate half of every penny he makes to Steve Nash because without being spoon fed by Nash, Diaw basically sucks.

I'm glad France is out of the Olympic qualifier next year. I was rooting for Parker to do well but after the loss to Russia, the best outcome was to lose the final two games. Now Parker gets next summer off.

Hopefully his confidence isn't shaken and he didn't expend too much energy carrying those scrubs to 8th place or whatever.

picnroll
09-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm most worried if Parker can recharge his emotionally battery and the fact the Spurs haven't found a PG worth 15 minutes of backup time.

Bruno
09-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Training camp is in two weeks. Pop will likely give a lot of rest to Parker during the training camp and give a lot of playtime to Vaughn and Udrih (if he is still here).

This loss is a big step back for French NT but I really think that it's a blessing in disguise. French players are still young and most of them will be 30 or less years old for the 2012 Olympic games.French NT could start a big rebuilding plan with a new coach and some new young talented players.

French NT next competition will be in September 2008 with a qualifying tournament for the 2009 Eurobasket. It's a low level competition and players who play a lot in nba won't play it. Parker has still said that he won't likely play it and will be back with France for the 2009 Eurobasket. Mahinmi could play it if he is selected.

Freeze
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Parker Not Ready To Quit France (http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/coid_YgAJEE5tGFYus,2PCIUVA0.articleMode_on.html)

Tony Parker intends to keep playing for France’s national team despite their EuroBasket failure in Madrid.

The NBA Finals MVP had 31 points on Sunday but it wasn’t enough to lead the French past Slovenia, who won 88-74 to finish in seventh place and claim the final berth on offer to European sides for next year’s pre-Olympic qualifying tournament.

“It’s tough, it’s tough,” said Parker.

"Basketball is weird sometimes. We had the game, we were up by six or seven points in the fourth quarter and then we were hit by eight 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and they killed us.”

France could have beaten Russia in their semi-final but Parker and Boris Diaw missed late free throws as they slipped to a 75-71 defeat.

The French then lost back-to-back classification games, including on Sunday to Slovenia.

“We were doing great,” Parker said. “We were third in 2005 and finished fifth at the world championship.

“We were looking for some stability and to try to go to the Olympics and now we are back to zero. It’s kind of tough, we just have to use this as experience.”

France finished fourth at EuroBasket 2003, losing a close game to Italy, and that result prevented them from playing at the Athens Games.

In 2000, they won the silver medal in Sydney.

France will have plenty of time to recover from this disappointment as their next task will be to qualify for the EuroBasket 2009, which will be hosted in Poland.

“We are young, I’m 25, everybody can come back,” said Parker. “But it’s very disappointing, you don’t have a lot of chances to go to the Olympics and that was my second and we didn’t make it so I’ll try again.”

Parker leaves the tournament having averaged 20.1 points per game.

“It’s very different from NBA basketball, I just love the challenge and the opportunity to go to the Olympics,” he said.

Fabricio Oberto and Manu Ginobili both elected not to play for Argentina this summer and rested instead.

But the two Spurs were not missed as their national team won silver at the FIBA Americas Championship.

“I need some rest definitely. Pop (Gregg Popovich) watched some of my games so he knows I need some rest.”

France 5th of the World Championship last year without Parker, 8th of the European Championship with him... that sucks :bang

French NT definitively need players such as Gelabale, Michael Pietrus, and others to do better... :rolleyes

Enjoy your summer off next year TP, you'll be in London in 2012 with a much stronger cast than you had this year :elephant

Spurs Brazil
09-16-2007, 01:22 PM
And Boris Diaw should officially donate half of every penny he makes to Steve Nash because without being spoon fed by Nash, Diaw basically sucks.

Same thing for Leandro Barbosa

picnroll
09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Parker is not getting much help from his generation. He'd better pray Batum, Mahinmi or somebody matures quickly.

Pero
09-17-2007, 05:17 AM
BTW, where were all the people who called Rasho and the Slovenian team thugs after yesterdays game? When really the French team is no better. :lol

Alain
09-17-2007, 07:16 AM
BTW, where were all the people who called Rasho and the Slovenian team thugs after yesterdays game? When really the French team is no better. :lol

They might be no better but I would rather say they are not THAT stupid. After playing Slovenia 4 times in two months, they knew what to expect and seemingly decided to anticipate. Who's to blame?

Anyway, I don't really care and wish the SNT a good olympic campaign. :toast

Pero
09-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Oh pleaseeeee...
Anyway, thanks. :)

ploto
09-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Funny, I don't recall anyone on the Slovenian team hitting a player in the face after the play was over...

WalterBenitez
09-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Rasho >> Tony

ducks
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Rasho >> Tony
at being a idiot yes

Pero
09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
at being a idiot yes

No, at being 7th. :lol
WB was I think joking.
But thanks for showing your love for Parker again.

Alain
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Funny, I don't recall anyone on the Slovenian team hitting a player in the face after the play was over...

They suck at hitting too. :depressed

wildchild
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Training camp is in two weeks. Pop will likely give a lot of rest to Parker during the training camp and give a lot of playtime to Vaughn and Udrih (if he is still here).

This loss is a big step back for French NT but I really think that it's a blessing in disguise. French players are still young and most of them will be 30 or less years old for the 2012 Olympic games.French NT could start a big rebuilding plan with a new coach and some new young talented players.

French NT next competition will be in September 2008 with a qualifying tournament for the 2009 Eurobasket. It's a low level competition and players who play a lot in nba won't play it. Parker has still said that he won't likely play it and will be back with France for the 2009 Eurobasket. Mahinmi could play it if he is selected.

I couldn't wait for the 2012 Olympics Games to start. :bang
Seriously. You was right about the France NT in this tournament.

waly.mg
09-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Rasho >> Tony

SCOLA >>>>>>> TONY

Scola leeds Argentina in Vegas to Beijing, Tony Can´t do the same in Spain to the Pre-Olympic.

ducks
09-18-2007, 03:18 PM
SCOLA >>>>>>> TONY

Scola leeds Argentina in Vegas to Beijing, Tony Can´t do the same in Spain to the Pre-Olympic.
scola could not if he was on the french team
tony is world finals mvp scola has not even proved he belongs in the nba
he has done nothing in the nba YET

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
scola could not if he was on the french team
tony is world finals mvp scola has not even proved he belongs in the nba
he has done nothing in the nba YET

Gasol is World Finals MVP

Parker US national league MVP

American know so little about game always

duncan228
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM

The Spurs Champion Banners say "NBA Champions."
They took the "world" off of them a few years ago.

Demo Dick Marcinko
09-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Why don't you enlighten us Longshanks?

Pero
09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Well in fairness to Parker Argentina has a better team than France, plus Europe has more strong teams than America.

Alain
09-18-2007, 04:34 PM
And you can ad the fact that Parker was injured at the begining of the game against Lithuania. That could help explain his lack of agressivity and the fact that he played only 30 minutes against Lithuania and 29 against Russia, shooting only 9 FG each time.

Admidave50
09-18-2007, 05:11 PM
French Coach said that injuries (TP, Pietrus) and problems (Diaw with insurance) prevented some players to be at the top physically during the preparation. This may be true and may explain how France got killed in the last 2 games.

Furthermore, the coach said something really stupid as he said he didn't select "nba" players (Gelabale, Mike Pietrus, Jo Petro) because he wanted players with Euroleague experience..
This dumbfuck doesn't know that most of the current players playing in Europe don't play in Euroleague. Don't tell me that Weiss got game..

waly.mg
09-19-2007, 08:38 AM
French Coach said that injuries (TP, Pietrus) and problems (Diaw with insurance) prevented some players to be at the top physically during the preparation. This may be true and may explain how France got killed in the last 2 games.

Furthermore, the coach said something really stupid as he said he didn't select "nba" players (Gelabale, Mike Pietrus, Jo Petro) because he wanted players with Euroleague experience..
This dumbfuck doesn't know that most of the current players playing in Europe don't play in Euroleague. Don't tell me that Weiss got game..

May be Pietrus or Diaw problems, because Parker made 31 Points vs Slovenia

waly.mg
09-19-2007, 08:42 AM

And Scola is Spanish League (ACB) MVP and the FIBA Americas Championship MVP, leading players Like Lebron or Carmelo Anthony

mathbzh
09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
And Scola is Spanish League (ACB) MVP and the FIBA Americas Championship MVP, leading players Like Lebron or Carmelo Anthony

So... I guess Scola is better than Duncan who is nothing...

meta2007
09-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Paker is in the global top 10 list.

http://www.nba.com/globaltop10/index.html

Freeze
09-20-2007, 09:51 AM

Gasol was injured and didn't play the final at the last World Championship !
He was mvp of the tournament.

Who knows better now ???