PDA

View Full Version : Computer/External Hard Drive problem...PLEASE HELP

DON VITO
09-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I have a Mac iBook G4 and it has very few GB's left. I want to move stuff to my girlfriend's external hard drive. When I plug in the USB cord from the hard drive to the laptop, my computer recognizes the hard drive and everything. I can see all the documents and even move them to my computer if I want. However I am unable to move stuff from my computer to the hard drive. It says the external hard drive "cannot be modified." My gf and I don't know why. Any ideas? The only reason I can think of is the format of the hard drive is Windows NT File System while my computer is run by OS X. But that shouldn't be a problem if i am just trying to move mp3s and photos, should it? Please help!

spurster
09-03-2007, 04:25 PM
http://ntfs-3g.org/

SequSpur
09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
p3 500

Re-Animator
09-04-2007, 02:02 AM
IT forum

ducks
09-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I have a Mac iBook G4 and it has very few GB's left. I want to move stuff to my girlfriend's external hard drive. When I plug in the USB cord from the hard drive to the laptop, my computer recognizes the hard drive and everything. I can see all the documents and even move them to my computer if I want. However I am unable to move stuff from my computer to the hard drive. It says the external hard drive "cannot be modified." My gf and I don't know why. Any ideas? The only reason I can think of is the format of the hard drive is Windows NT File System while my computer is run by OS X. But that shouldn't be a problem if i am just trying to move mp3s and photos, should it? Please help!

is the external hardrive formated for windows or mac?
a flash drive can be read by both

Steve Perry
09-04-2007, 03:42 PM
(on a Mac)

Go to your finder
Go to applications
Go to Utilities
Go to Disk Utility
Select Your External Hard Drive on the Left
Click on the Partition Tab
Click on options
Click on Apple Partition Map