PDA

View Full Version : HEB Self Checkout

SequSpur
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
WTF? I am in line to check out in the speedy 8 item line.

Some bitch ass in front of me decides she is going to pay for her 20 dollars worth of groceries with fucking pennies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf is that? I am standing there waiting for this bitch ass to finish putting her pennys in the got damn slot...

WTF? It's supposed to be fast! speedy! express!

Fuck!

Fillmoe
09-03-2007, 10:29 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/642ih48.gif

Steve Irwin
09-03-2007, 10:32 PM
lol @ u madd

sequ you should have just walked with the crowd out the door. the checker lady couldn't even spot you bruh.

ashbeeigh
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
"Self Check Out" doesn't equal "Smart Check-Out"

midgetonadonkey
09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/642ih48.gif

Lamest gif ever.

T Park
09-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Its really stupid, due to the fact the moron rapper couldn't string together 1 intelligent sentence.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I use the self check out all the time.

exstatic
09-04-2007, 02:38 PM
People need a fucking check card. That's all. The really bad place that I've noticed recently is Costco. The last 4 or 5 times, I've been behind moron or moroness who MUST write a fucking check. WTF? Your bank was all out of wet clay tablets and straw styluses, or did you just not learn fucking cuneiform with the rest of your Babylonian second grade class? It's the twenty first century.

ShoogarBear
09-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I always get behind the person who apparently has never seen a scanner before.

ATRAIN
09-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I always get behind the person who apparently has never seen a scanner before.

NO JOKE, I feel like helping them.

Soul_Patch
09-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I just wish they would make more of these self checkout lines. These things are great.

IceColdBrewski
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
HEB self checkout is awesome. It's the ones at wal mart that suck. People get in the self checkout lines with 2 carts full of shit there. I don't get it. When I've got that much shit, I'd rather just let the employees handle it. Why go through all that hassle when someone else can do it for you?

And yes, you check writers need to stop living in the stone ages. I got stuck behind a check writer yesterday. And of course, she just stood there and waited until all her groceries were scanned before digging in her purse for the damn checkbook. Bitch could've been writing out the check instead of standing there with her thumb up her ass.

Get a damn debit card. They're not complicated. You swipe it, punch in your code, and you're done. And get this. You can actually PAY AT THE PUMP with one instead of clogging up the lines inside the gas station/conveniece store.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I saw something on the Food Network about a chain of grocery stores (may have even been just the one store, don't remember) that has little scanners attached to the carts so that you can scan and bag as you're shopping. All you do when you're ready to go is hand the scanner to the checker, pay, and keep walking straight to your car.

It's also loaded with recipes so you can make sure you have all the necessary ingredients to make something BEFORE you get home and realize you needed baking soda.

I wish I remembered more of the details on this, but that just sounds like heaven.

resistanze
09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
The worst kinds of people are the type that walk faster/run when they see you walking towards one of the machines, THEN struggle with the machine.

You get this same attitude with old people who have the need to push themselves in front of you when you exit the subway trains then take their fucking time walking in front of you when you're in a rush to catch the connecting bus.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Also, I don't mind people who write a check as long as they're organized about it. Have it written out, have your ID ready and things go pretty smoothly. It's the people who wait until everything is scanned and totaled before they even take out their checkbooks that make me crazy.

leemajors
09-04-2007, 05:49 PM
when it's busy at sams club they have an employee who scans all of your items before you get to the register, and it's stored under your card number. When the checker swipes your card it brings up the order and you just pay. it's awesome, and they should do it all the time.

SpursWoman
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I saw something on the Food Network about a chain of grocery stores (may have even been just the one store, don't remember) that has little scanners attached to the carts so that you can scan and bag as you're shopping. All you do when you're ready to go is hand the scanner to the checker, pay, and keep walking straight to your car.

It's also loaded with recipes so you can make sure you have all the necessary ingredients to make something BEFORE you get home and realize you needed baking soda.

I wish I remembered more of the details on this, but that just sounds like heaven.

Oh, man ... that'd be beautiful.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Great idea.

cherylsteele
09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
She could have use CoinStar and cash them in for voucher.

Shelly
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM

I saw that too, but don't remember what store it was either.

My second home, HEB, gets enough of my $$$ to make this happen.

TheTruth
09-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I sat next to the guy who sells the Selfscan's to HEB on a flight to Dallas, and he said that the Scan in your cart devices are slowly gonna make their way into the stores.

Big P
09-04-2007, 06:45 PM
HEB self checkout is awesome. It's the ones at wal mart that suck. People get in the self checkout lines with 2 carts full of shit there. I don't get it. When I've got that much shit, I'd rather just let the employees handle it. Why go through all that hassle when someone else can do it for you?

And yes, you check writers need to stop living in the stone ages. I got stuck behind a check writer yesterday. And of course, she just stood there and waited until all her groceries were scanned before digging in her purse for the damn checkbook. Bitch could've been writing out the check instead of standing there with her thumb up her ass.

Get a damn debit card. They're not complicated. You swipe it, punch in your code, and you're done. And get this. You can actually PAY AT THE PUMP with one instead of clogging up the lines inside the gas station/conveniece store.

The reason they use those lines with that much shit is because they are only paying for half of it, the other part they just bag & split.

Trainwreck2100
09-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I sat next to the guy who sells the Selfscan's to HEB on a flight to Dallas, and he said that the Scan in your cart devices are slowly gonna make their way into the stores.

Isn't it really easy to steal that way?

TheTruth
09-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Isn't it really easy to steal that way?
The one's in walmart are very easy to steal from. But the ones at HEB with the weight sensors are much harder to steal from. Plus the checker will have to do a cursory check to make sure that everthing matches up I'm sure.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Bloom

http://www.shopbloom.com/Savings/ShoppingIsABreeze.aspx

exstatic
09-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Also, I don't mind people who write a check as long as they're organized about it. Have it written out, have your ID ready and things go pretty smoothly. It's the people who wait until everything is scanned and totaled before they even take out their checkbooks that make me crazy.
Those are the only ones I seem to get behind in line.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Those are the only ones I seem to get behind in line.Today must have been a loooooooooong day. I just spent a solid minute trying to figure out why my post turned blue when you quoted it.

ShoogarBear
09-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Today must have been a loooooooooong day. I just spent a solid minute trying to figure out why my post turned blue when you quoted it.I really just LOL'd.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I really just LOL'd.I'm glad my momentary stupidity provided someone with a bit of enjoyment.

Fillmoe
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Did you really just LOL?

SequSpur
09-04-2007, 10:36 PM
they better put a recipe for some chocolate pie in that mofo.

exstatic
09-05-2007, 05:49 AM
:lmao It was actually faster to rip a highlight and color the area of text I was responding to than pick out the part of the quoted message to delete. Blue usually shows up pretty well against the gray background, from experience, and bold has almost no effect.

Taco
09-05-2007, 07:39 AM
WTF? I am in line to check out in the speedy 8 item line.

Some bitch ass in front of me decides she is going to pay for her 20 dollars worth of groceries with fucking pennies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf is that? I am standing there waiting for this bitch ass to finish putting her pennys in the got damn slot...

WTF? It's supposed to be fast! speedy! express!

Fuck!

Punch her in her shins

gay abc
09-05-2007, 07:53 AM

giant eagle has it here in maryland

scanners (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05315/604420.stm)

the best part about giant eagle is the "fuel perks" program - we filled up last week for $1.59 a gallon :spin

Lady Marmalade
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't waste energy letting people who do not know how to use self check out bother me.....

mookie2001
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
has anyone seen the new Cashless Society Monopoly?, surely the must have for any neocon christmas