PDA

View Full Version : Scola's son name Tiago to honor his best friend

urunobili
09-04-2007, 08:29 AM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/EdicionImpresa/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=940661

this one among other stories i have heard mention that... Luis and Tiago are very close... the played together lots of years so let's honor that and never try to dismantle that from our end...

urunobili
09-04-2007, 08:31 AM
in that same story! Manu sent the Argentinan NT an ipod to each of the players to say thank you!

Whisky Dog
09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
And why do we care? They can be buddies all they want, but when it's game time Scola's the enemy. What they do in their spare time is of no concern to me.

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-04-2007, 08:45 AM
and to think the Spurs had the rights to both these guys at once

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Cry me a fucking river, Jeff.

hater
09-04-2007, 09:05 AM
in that same story! Manu sent the Argentinan NT an ipod to each of the players to say thank you!

Manu is cheap. with that money he could at least have sent them ps3s

urunobili
09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Manu is cheap. with that money he could at least have sent them ps3s
if he is not able to play the Finals and the Spurs win it all... would make more sense to give them something more expensive... what would be appropriate
for u hater?

Mr. Body
09-04-2007, 09:54 AM
But Scola is selfish and a headcase or something.

angel_luv
09-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Ahem, Manu. I rooted for them.

:lol I kid! :)

ducks
09-04-2007, 10:31 AM
But Scola is selfish and a headcase or something.
and you know him personally and would be willing to bet your life he is not

ChumpDumper
09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
But Scola is selfish and a headcase or something.You're thinking of Javtokas.

dbestpro
09-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Probably not, but I bet you he would be willing to bet your life. :ihit

Oh, Gee!!
09-04-2007, 11:11 AM
the spurs didn't need another ugly argentinian player, they've got two already.

smeagol
09-04-2007, 11:15 AM
the spurs didn't need another ugly argentinian player, they've got two already.

True.

And what's worse, they both suck!

Mister Sinister
09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Aww. That's nice.

WalterBenitez
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
And why do we care? They can be buddies all they want, but when it's game time Scola's the enemy. What they do in their spare time is of no concern to me.

They are also lovers :pctoss don't like it do not read it!!!

Ariel
09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
What I would be willing to bet my life on, is the fact that the appreciation and respect of everyone who's ever worked with him, Manu, Oberto, Nocioni, Splitter and iron fisted coach Dusko Ivanovic amongst them, is a better indication of his true character than your petty, grammatically challenged self.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
What I would be willing to bet my life on, is the fact that the appreciation and respect of everyone who's ever worked with him, Manu, Oberto, Nocioni, Splitter and iron fisted coach Dusko Ivanovic amongst them, is a better indication of his true character than your petty, grammatically challenged self.:lol:tu :clap

whottt
09-04-2007, 12:21 PM
What I would be willing to bet my life on, is the fact that the appreciation and respect of everyone who's ever worked with him, Manu, Oberto, Nocioni, Splitter and iron fisted coach Dusko Ivanovic amongst them, is a better indication of his true character than your petty, grammatically challenged self.

You mean like Delfino right?

He was never an asswipe until the NBA came calling.

Fact: Scola's first words after being drafted in 2002. "It'd have been better if I hadn't been drafted at all".

Fact: Scola's words on National Television when asked about the possibility of playing with the Spurs. " I don't care about the Spurs, all I care about is my National Team and Tau.

Fact: RC asked him where his rebounding was in the Olympic Tournament and he got mad.

I'm sick of bandwagon argies trying to rewrite history because it's essential to their self esteem that every Argentinian be viewed as some kind of Saint.

Fact, there have been a bunch of asshole Argentines and Scola is another in that proud Tradition.

I swear...if Galtieri could play basketball these douchebags would be trying to pass him off as Jesus.

Here's the deal...Manu's not an asshole. Manu doesn't say a bad word about anyone, even when it is deserved...just because he's a smart leader unlike Scola, doesn't mean every guy on the Argentina Nat'l team shits gold..

You fucking blind Argie homers.

How come the Spurs didn't have problems with Manu and Oberto? Huh? Huh? If they are such assholes how come those guys took less to play here?

Huh?

Comprenede pendejos?

I've thought Scola was an asshole since the night he was drafted and he said it'd have been better if he hadn't been drafted at all...

And it's a fact he said that, it was in the paper after he got drafted.

That was a stupid thing to say to the media and even if he didn't intend it to come off as soundling like a self centered asshole.....you still have to question the fact that he was stupid enough to say it.

He's the one that started this shit off on the wrong foot.

Oh...and he's fucking over-rated too. Might wait till he actually wins something not attatched to Manu's jock before giving him the Presidency.

hater
09-04-2007, 12:26 PM
now I know why so many say that Whott is Spurstalk's village idiot

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Is he honoring his friend or is there something else at play?

http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/maury_povich_1995.jpg
Luis...you are...NOT the father.

urunobili
09-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Is he honoring his friend or is there something else at play?

from all the stories i've read about that is that they got so close that Luis wanted his second son to have Tiago's name.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/maury_povich_1995.jpg
Luis...you are...NOT the father.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
now I know why so many say that Whott is Spurstalk's village idiothe's not an idiot, he's just an asshole and a coward, there's a difference. He acts this way here, but I'm sure in real life he's an insecure little prick

urunobili
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM

Fact: Scola's first words after being drafted in 2002. "It'd have been better if I hadn't been drafted at all".

Fact: Scola's words on National Television when asked about the possibility of playing with the Spurs. " I don't care about the Spurs, all I care about is my National Team and Tau.

Fact: RC asked him where his rebounding was in the Olympic Tournament and he got mad.

I'm sick of bandwagon argies trying to rewrite history because it's essential to their self esteem that every Argentinian be viewed as some kind of Saint.

Fact, there have been a bunch of asshole Argentines and Scola is another in that proud Tradition.

I swear...if Galtieri could play basketball these douchebags would be trying to pass him off as Jesus.

Here's the deal...Manu's not an asshole. Manu doesn't say a bad word about anyone, even when it is deserved...just because he's a smart leader unlike Scola, doesn't mean every guy on the Argentina Nat'l team shits gold..

How come the Spurs didn't have problems with Manu and Oberto? Huh? Huh? If they are such assholes how come those guys took less to play here?

Huh?

Comprenede pendejos?

I've thought Scola was an asshole since the night he was drafted and he said it'd have been better if he hadn't been drafted at all...

That was a stupid thing to say to the media and even if he didn't intend it to come off as soundling like a self centered asshole.....you still have to question the fact that he was stupid enough to say it.

Oh...and he's fucking over-rated too. Might wait till he actually wins something not attatched to Manu's jock before giving him the Presidency.

Fact: you don;t know anything about Argentina saying "pendejo" that is insulting for mexicans
Fact: The US would have another gold medal and another world championship if it wasn't for Scola and all your hated Argies
Fact: Overrated?
Fact: Check your spelling or you might be taken as a foreign it's embarrassing how the argies on this forum write better english than you

:devil

whottt
09-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Too bad the Spurs front office don't have their shit together like the Rockets do...

I mena obviously...it's them, not Scola. If only they were more like the Rockets...and had players mutineering against the coach getting him fired, and making their draft picks never want to play in the NBA again.

saporvida
09-04-2007, 12:45 PM
he's not an idiot, he's just an asshole and a coward, there's a difference. He acts this way here, but I'm sure in real life he's an insecure little prick

you know i got nothing against the guy nor you but im sure youre probably just the same... an insecure little prick.

i actually think whott had an interesting point of view in his last post but thats few and far between from what i see. i dont try calling him out though like most of the assholes around these parts.

edit: his post before his last.

whottt
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Fact: you don;t know anything about Argentina saying "pendejo" that is insulting for mexicans

Just because you are too stupid to be insulted doesn't mean I wasn't insulting you...trust me, I was insulting you.

Fact: The US would have another gold medal and another world championship if it wasn't for Scola and all your hated Argies

Fact...a team with Scola as it's best player has never won jack shit.

Fact: a team on which Scola was the best player just got buttfucked by 30 points in the Gold Medal Game and you guys act like you taught us a lesson.

Fact: Everybody and their mother beat Team USA in 2004...

Not just Argentina...slick. Everyone. Puerto Rico, Italy, Lithuania.

Fact: Overrated?

He's most definitely over-rated.

Fact: Check your spelling or you might be taken as a foreign it's embarrassing how the argies on this forum write better english than you

:devil

Once you get enough brain power to evolve past your tribe mentality you'll figure out that I don't have anything against Argentina or Argies...it's stupid people I hate. And I was defending Argie players on this board before you even knew what a fucking basketball was...

smeagol
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM

Then it has to be true.

whottt
09-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Then it has to be true.

It was true...it was in every interview he gave.

Scola thinks he should have been the first player in NBA history exempt from draft rules(and rookie pay scale).

You guys take a big shit on Manu any time you mention he and Scola in the same breath...you just too stupid to realize it.

Hey...I'm gonna go defend Michael Vick. He's American after all...that obviously means he shits gold.

And they say us Americans are too Nationalistic...

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Then it has to be true.Haven't you heard? Whottt's word is rule here

To be honest, I think this whole outburst by Whottt and a few others here come in response to a very clear overrated view of Scola. Its like somehow, he's become the next coming of Jesus... I don't really get how it got to that point, but I'm sure assholes like ArgSpursFan have contributed to the Argie homer image. In spite of this, Whottt has always had a problem expressing himself in a manner that insults ONLY the person he means to insult, and most often ends up insulting EVERY FUCKING ONE! He does not realize this, so in reality, he's not as bad as some of his idiotic posts make him out to be.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 01:02 PM
you know i got nothing against the guy nor you but im sure youre probably just the same... an insecure little prick.

i actually think whott had an interesting point of view in his last post but thats few and far between from what i see. i dont try calling him out though like most of the assholes around these parts.

edit: his post before his last.He does make good points, hence why I said he is not an idiot. Its his manner of expressing himself. He tends to insult everyone but the pope, sort of speak, when he wants to get across the point that he is pissed. You've been here for what? 3 months? talk to me when you've been here long enough to know what I'm talking about.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 01:05 PM

Scola thinks he should have been the first player in NBA history exempt from draft rules(and rookie pay scale).

You guys take a big shit on Manu any time you mention he and Scola in the same breath...you just too stupid to realize it.

Hey...I'm gonna go defend Michael Vick. He's American after all...that obviously means he shits gold.

And they say us Americans are too Nationalistic...You're basing your opinion of the guy on a few articles which could very well have been missquoted, and you think Ariel and Smeagol are being irrational? What Ariel said is all true, everyone that has worked with the guy loves him, wouldn't you say that's a more accurate depiction of his character?

saporvida
09-04-2007, 01:06 PM
He does make good points, hence why I said he is not an idiot. Its his manner of expressing himself. He tends to insult everyone but the pope, sort of speak, when he wants to get across the point that he is pissed. You've been here for what? 3 months? talk to me when you've been here long enough to know what I'm talking about.

3 months hahaha. you got me crackin up bro.

ive been here much longer then 3 months though i used to use a different name and actually got banned for some time. i guess i probably express myself here like your boy whott and that lead me to be banned.

anyhow talk to me when you dont have that huge stick up your ass and when youve been here long enough to know what im talking about.

btw: if you took elementary math you would had counted 6 months(almost) since i joined with this account.

whottt
09-04-2007, 01:10 PM
I just don't like Scola...I wouldn't like him if he was American. I haven't liked him since he said that on draft night...and he didn't say that in a San Antonio Express News article...he said in a European interview that was translated by an Argie...

Keep in mind this was 2002.

If you can honestly say you were following basketball back then...then you just weren't following it close enough.

I was on Spurs boards just like I am now, following every guy the Spurs draft.

I don't particularly care if you guys like every player on your national team...but you have a guy here that hasn't proven shit...vs an organization that has proved quite a bit...and they don't seem to have any problems with Manu and Oberto...who both took less to play here.

Manu was 10 times more accomplished than Scola when he got here, he'd actually won something, and his worth to the Argentine National Team was unquestionable...just like it is now.

You Argentine National Team doesn't do shit without Manu on it.

Teams which have Manu as their best player are proven winners...team with Scola as their best player are proven losers.

Fact.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 01:10 PM
3 months hahaha. you got me crackin up bro.

ive been here much longer then 3 months though i used to use a different name and actually got banned for some time.

anyhow talk to me when you dont have that huge stick up your ass and when youve been here long enough to know what im talking about.my bad then. So if you've been here long enough, you should understand what I'm saying. By the way, just curious, what name were you using before this?

i guess i probably express myself here like your boy whott and that lead me to be banned.
Wrong, Whottt may insult a few people but he brings good takes most of the time. It takes some serious shit to get you banned here, and Whottt has never crossed that line... I don't think.

ShoogarBear
09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
He named his son Tiago because while he was in utero, Scola couldn't score.

saporvida
09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
my bad then. So if you've been here long enough, you should understand what I'm saying. By the way, just curious, what name were you using before this?

Wrong, Whottt may insult a few people but he brings good takes most of the time. It takes some serious shit to get you banned here, and Whottt has never crossed that line... I don't think.

haha i called dirk a ****.... you figure it out cause i dont wanna get on koris bad side again. i truly enjoyed that last get together i attended and look forward to some more this season so i gotta keep my mouth shut.

my handle back then was well... irrelevant. :smokin

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I just don't like Scola...I wouldn't like him if he was American. I haven't liked him since he said that on draft night...and he didn't say that in a San Antonio Express News article...he said in a European interview that was translated by an Argie...

Keep in mind this was 2002.

If you can honestly say you were following basketball back then...then you just weren't following it close enough.

I was on Spurs boards just like I am now, following every guy the Spurs draft.

I don't particularly care if you guys like every player on your national team...but you have a guy here that hasn't proven shit...vs an organization that has proved quite a bit...and they don't seem to have any problems with Manu and Oberto...who both took less to play here.

Manu was 10 times more accomplished than Scola when he got here, he'd actually won something, and his worth to the Argentine National Team was unquestionable...just like it is now.

You Argentine National Team doesn't do shit without Manu on it.

Teams which have Manu as their best player are proven winners...team with Scola as their best player are proven losers.

Fact.:lol I don't think anyone here is saying Scola is better than Manu bro.

I can honestly tell you I was following basketball back then, but its true I haven't heard anything about that article. Whatever the case is, you're making up your mind about a guy based on a few articles, when everyone that has played with him and known him say he's completely different from what you think he is. My point is, it seems that the more reliable sources are telling you he's is NOT what you think he is.

I don't think every Argie player is the shit, have never said so. I also don't make up my mind about a guy's character from little quotes from a few articles. By the way, :lol @ you comparing Scola to Mickael Vick... how's your arm after that stretch bro?

whottt
09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
And futhermore...

I still stand by the statement that Scola is not going to be near as effective as an NBA player as he has been in International play and Europe.

Did you guys even watch why Duncan sucked in the 04 Olympics? It wasn't his offense...it was his defense. He was trying to play the same defense he plays in the NBA in the Olympics and they wouldn't allow him to play that way...which is fine, they have their rules and it was Duncan's job to adjust to them...but that isn't going to happen in the NBA.

NBA Defense is 10 times more physical than that of International and European play...

And I hate to tell you guys this, but Scola is small and slow compared to the denders he is going to have in the NBA..

Scola has one skill, and that's finishing around the basket...he's got some nice moves...that's the only thing he does well...and the rules for defending that style of play are the biggest difference between the NBA and Europe...and FIBA.

On top of that...he plays no D, an absolute essential to winning a championship, and if the guy getting the ball doesn't play D? No one else does either.

He's going to be a role player...only his skill isn't suited to role playing, it's suited to Superstar play, only he doesn't have the tools to be a Superstar in the NBA and justify that status.

Scola is not going to shoot 50% this year...he's not going to defend well and he's going to be largely frustrated by the NBA in general and the rule changes...he will most likely end up hating the NBA game and considering it an inferior style of play. He might end up staying here for the money...but he will never again have anything remotely close to the success and status he enjoyed in Europe and FIBA play.

Unlike Manu...

And yes, that's exactly what you guys are doing...giving him credit for Manu's success...

Becuase Manu was good and translated(and it was totally obvious that Manu had the necessary speed to translate to the NBA to most people who saw him play).

I never had one doubt that Manu was going to translate and be a showman...I've never thought Scola was going to be able to do it for one second.

Scola might average 15 points, he might have a big game every once in a while..he might even make a playoff run....but with the PF in the NBA, arguably the dominant position in the NBA...Scola is going to be a lot of guys bitch...he'll be a firery bitch...but he's still going to be a bitch.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 01:24 PM
And futhermore...

I still stand by the statement that Scola is not going to be near as effective as an NBA player as he has been in International play and Europe.

Did you guys even watch why Duncan sucked in the 04 Olympics? It wasn't his offense...it was his defense. He was trying to play the same defense he plays in the NBA in the Olympics and they wouldn't allow him to play that way...which is fine, they have their rules and it was Duncan's job to adjust to them...but that isn't going to happen in the NBA.

NBA Defense is 10 times more physical than that of International and European play...

And I hate to tell you guys this, but Scola is small and slow compared to the denders he is going to have in the NBA..

Scola has one skill, and that's finishing around the basket...he's got some nice moves...that's the only thing he does well...and the rules for defending that style of play are the biggest difference between the NBA and Europe...and FIBA.

On top of that...he plays no D, an absolute essential to winning a championship, and if the guy getting the ball doesn't play D? No one else does either.you have a very good point, and it very well could turn out that way. I think most Argies here know the difficulty of Scola's transition to the NBA. Argies here are just hopefull he'll turn out to be a productive NBA player. At least the Argies that have been here for a while. I just wish you'd tone it down with the "fucking Argie homers" crap. Focus on the dude you're trying to insult, not on his nationality bro. Not all of us think alike

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Scola is not going to shoot 50% this year...he's not going to defend well and he's going to be largely frustrated by the NBA in general and the rule changes...he will most likely end up hating the NBA game and considering it an inferior style of play. He might end up staying here for the money...but he will never again have anything remotely close to the success and status he enjoyed in Europe and FIBA play.

wow, clairvoyant are we? what? did you get a hold of a lock of his hair or something? :lol

whottt
09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I just know...

Look, he can come over here and completely suck and he's still going to be popular with a certain segment of fans because he's firey...but I don't care about popularity...and I don't care about above average scoring/below average everthing else undersized and slow non D playing PFs.

I gurantee you I've put more thought into this than anyone I am arguing with, about how he will translate....I've thought this over extensively for the better of 5 years now. This isn't just some opinion I pulled out of my azz to abey offseason boredom...

In 5 years I haven't seen one thing to make me change the opinion I had on Scola the first time I saw him play. The same time I saw Oberto and Manu play and concluded they could be better NBA players.

And Scola gets compared to Oberto quite a bit, but other than size and speed, Oberto is much tougher , and he's a much smarter player as well IMO.

Oberto is clearly the better all around player...

Scola isn't just going to be able to roar and score like he does in Europe...he's going to get his ass kicked trying that in the NBA. That's only going to fire his defenders up more...

WalterBenitez
09-04-2007, 02:51 PM

:worthy: thank you man, thank you, I'll send your post to my english teacher

WalterBenitez
09-04-2007, 02:53 PM
He named his son Tiago because while he was in utero, Scola couldn't score.

:lmao

Ariel
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM

Really? your foresight is astounding. This is, for instance, one of my posts at another Spurs board (I don't want to post the link just in case this would put me into trouble here, but I can provide it if necessary) in reference to Delfino's attitude:

Delfino is an idiot. Pure and simple. The guy is plenty talented, but he just doesn't know when to shut his mouth, when to open it, and what to say when he does. It's not that he comes out saying terrible things or anything, in fact most of the time it's understandable, but you just can't be a grown up and say whatever comes to your head without thinking of the consequences.

Carlos, instead of realizing the phenomenal opportunity ahead of him, keeps yapping and yapping... and I fear he'll eventually wear Dumars out, and get traded for nothing to some lowly team where he'll spend the remainder of his contract buried on the bench. It'd be a shame, because the kid has a lot of talent, and also the willingness to work to develop into a very solid player, but his verbal diarrhea stands in the way of his progress.

All too freaking bad.
So all you've done is positively demonstrate just how clueless your assumptions are.

You're deliberately misrepresenting the situation. What happened was that the buyout language in his contract required that Luis be first round selection. In that context, not getting drafted in the first round meant he'd have trouble getting out of his contract at that time, and getting drafted in the second round meant he'd get no guaranteed money, but he'd be tied to the wishes of one team. The bottom line is, his options severely shortened as a result of not getting drafted in the first round, and not going undrafted. It wasn't anything personal with the Spurs, it was just a frustrating situation overall. And those comments were made not by Luis, but I think by someone affiliated with his agent. So how does that translate into him being a self centered asshole, I don't quite know.

First, it's a rumor, not a fact, and one which we don't know the context to. And if he for once had indeed felt frustrated at his negatives being singled out and not his positives, I don't see how that automatically means he's an asshole.

What interview are you talking about? In the interviews I watched, listened to, and read, never did he show anything but the utmost respect for the Spurs. What I have heard when asked on the subject on occasion, was him making clear his mind was for the moment set on his current duties and not on a future in the NBA. That's basic self preservation. Would you have him obsess over the Spurs instead on a much anticipated future that never materializes and invariably ends up in disappointment, over his obligations at the time towards the country (that many other countrymen of his shrugged off) and the organization where he forged his game for the last 10 years of his life? In fact, I'd be disappointed had he acted any different, because that could be interpreted as undermining those who made him what he is and those who actually put food on his table.

Even Tiago Splitter, whose country's eternal rivalry with Argentina in sports has a long history, has nothing but praise for him:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/08/27/01486313.html

"Aprendí mucho con ellos. Tienen una mentalidad ganadora, son muy aguerridos y personas espectaculares dentro y fuera de la cancha", dice Tiago.

Luis es un jugadorazo, que demostró en Europa ser el mejor en su puesto. Debería haber estado mucho antes en la NBA.
translation:

"I learned a lot from them. They have a winning mindset, they're very resilient and they're great people on and off the court", said Tiago.

"Luis is a great player, who has proven to be the best in his position in Europe. He should have gotten to the NBA a long time ago."

So if you have evidence to the contrary, please post them here and I'll give it consideration. In the meantime, I'd rather go by the words of those who know him best. And no, for the record I do not put you on the same level those who have spent years and years side by side with him, like Manu, Oberto, Nocioni, or Splitter.

Huh? you accusing me of being a blind Homer is cause for laughter. You can't seem to let anything get in the way of your well documented Scola hate. He could jump into a building on fire and save a baby and he'd still be the Antichrist in your eyes.

First, go disinfect your filthy loud mouth in bleach before you take your habitual nonsense up a notch by bringing up a member of a genocidal regime in association with any of us. Then, take a long, deep look in the mirror (yes, I realize it's probably a terrifying prospect, but still) before you start making such bold generalizations. Stupidity and homerism aren't foreign concepts to Argentina, but that doesn't entitle you to project them into us all, much like I do not believe your arrogant and stupid ways reflect on your countrymen... no matter how hard you try to make it so.

whottt
09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Really? your foresight is astounding. This is, for instance, one of my posts at another Spurs board (I don't want to post the link just in case this would put me into trouble here, but I can provide it if necessary) in reference to Delfino's attitude:

You can say SpursReport here....

SpursReport SpursReport Spurs Report. Dusty Garza Spurs Report Spurs Report.

See what life is like without Socialism? It rules.

So all you've done is positively demonstrate just how clueless your assumptions are.

More like so far is all you've done is prove you buy into the retroactive spin 100%

You're deliberately misrepresenting the situation. What happened was that the buyout language in his contract required that Luis be first round selection. In that context, not getting drafted in the first round meant he'd have trouble getting out of his contract at that time, and getting drafted in the second round meant he'd get no guaranteed money, but he'd be tied to the wishes of one team.

SO yeah like I was saying...Scola was pissed the Spurs drafted him. No matter how you spin it.

You know why he didn't get drafted in the first round?

Because the details and language of his fucked up contract situation scared teams off...

Don't sit and here and site 2007 information as information that was readily available and understood back then.

The fucked up contract situation was why he dropped so low.

And you know what? Fuck him...he's got to go into the draft by age 22 like every other NBA player does...tough shit...he shouldn't have signed a bad contract...and the Spurs had every right to draft him as a player eligible to be drafted and his comments afterwards made him sound like a horses ass.

It's like winning the one million dollar lottery instead of the five million dollar loterry and whining about your misfortune.

The bottom line is, his options severely shortened as a result of not getting drafted in the first round, and not going undrafted.

His fault...not Tau's. Not the Spurs. His fault.

He should have said...I shouldn't have signed that stupid contract.

It wasn't anything personal with the Spurs, it was just a frustrating situation overall. And those comments were made not by Luis, but I think by someone affiliated with his agent. So how does that translate into him being a self centered asshole, I don't quite know.

It was personal with the Spurs, because if the Spurs hadn't drafted him, he likely would have gotten his wish.

Unfortunatly for him...the Spurs can't afford to pass on talent and they have to do what's in their best interest.

What interview are you talking about? In the interviews I watched, listened to, and read, never did he show anything but the utmost respect for the Spurs. What I have heard when asked on the subject on occasion, was him making clear his mind was for the moment set on his current duties and not on a future in the NBA. That's basic self preservation. Would you have him obsess over the Spurs instead on a much anticipated future that never materializes and invariably ends up in disappointment, over his obligations at the time towards the country (that many other countrymen of his shrugged off) and the organization where he forged his game for the last 10 years of his life? In fact, I'd be disappointed had he acted any different, because that could be interpreted as undermining those who made him what he is and those who actually put food on his table.

It was on American TV...as was the part about RC asking him about the rebounding...on the TV, during the Olympic broadcast.

Even Tiago Splitter, whose country's eternal rivalry with Argentina in sports has a long history, has nothing but praise for him:

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/08/27/01486313.html

"Aprendí mucho con ellos. Tienen una mentalidad ganadora, son muy aguerridos y personas espectaculares dentro y fuera de la cancha", dice Tiago.

Luis es un jugadorazo, que demostró en Europa ser el mejor en su puesto. Debería haber estado mucho antes en la NBA.
translation:

"I learned a lot from them. They have a winning mindset, they're very resilient and they're great people on and off the court", said Tiago.

"Luis is a great player, who has proven to be the best in his position in Europe. He should have gotten to the NBA a long time ago."

So?

Did Tiago Splitter draft him?

I didn't say no one likes Scola...I said he's an asshole...there's a difference there.

So if you have evidence to the contrary, please post them here and I'll give it consideration. In the meantime, I'd rather go by the words of those who know him best. And no, for the record I do not put you on the same level those who have spent years and years side by side with him, like Manu, Oberto, Nocioni, or Splitter.

No...you'd rather go for the spin and his Miss Congeniality routine he's been putting out since being signed by the Rockets...as if the Spurs were the assholes.

I gurantee you...the Rockets FO are 10 times the assholes the Spurs are. They are 10 times more fucked up as well...

First, go disinfect your filthy loud mouth in bleach before you take your habitual nonsense up a notch by bringing up a member of a genocidal regime in association with any of us.

LOL

Hey we all have our genocidal maniacs...some of us just more than others.

Then, take a long, deep look in the mirror (yes, I realize it's probably a terrifying prospect, but still) before you start making such bold generalizations. Stupidity and homerism aren't foreign concepts to Argentina, but that doesn't entitle you to project them into us all

Who's projecting them onto all Argies...the Argies that stand out aren't getting the grief from me...just the newbies acting like they understand this situation when they weren't here 3 years ago...much less 5.

, much like I do not believe your arrogant and stupid ways reflect on your countrymen... no matter how hard you try to make it so.

LMAO and I'm sure they appreciate that.

Meanwhile...when I start noticing differences between you and ArgSpursFan...I'll be sure to let you know.

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
*knows nothing*

you must love talking out of your ass

SMH @ you acting like you know what happens behind the scenes

whottt
09-04-2007, 08:00 PM
*mmmmmplghfff mmmmmmmpglllhfff*

Cherry
09-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Are you sick or something? What´s your problem? :(

whottt
09-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Are you sick or something? What´s your problem? :(

I am indeed...I am sick of the delusion that Scola is an All Star and the worst trade in Spurs history, and that it's somehow the Spurs fault that he signed a stupid contract.

He's Gordan Giricek part 2.

smeagol
09-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Give it up Ariel. It is pointless.

As I have said in the past, I once argued with whottt for days about rugby. He never watched and entire rugby game in his life and was discussing with me about a sport I played since I was seven and I like better than soccer. He is relentless.

A couple of weeks ago he was owned by timvp about the splash the Spurs were going to make in the market this year, but he still thinks he was right.

Lose, lose situation, amigo.

Ariel
09-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Who's projecting them onto all Argies...the Argies that stand out aren't getting the grief from me...just the newbies acting like they understand this situation when they weren't here 3 years ago...much less 5.
And how many posts I have here dictates what I can or can't discuss about? What if I had heard about Luis' play before you had heard of Argentina? What if I had read the papers at the time, paying particular attention on Scola news? What if I had been at another Spurs board for almost 3 years now, with 3.5K+ posts, and at other boards for a couple of years before that? Would that change anything? Would that make a difference? Shouldn't what I say be all that matters?

More like so far is all you've done is prove you buy into the retroactive spin 100%

No...you'd rather go for the spin and his Miss Congeniality routine he's been putting out since being signed by the Rockets...as if the Spurs were the assholes.
Where do you get off saying my stance on the matter comes exclusively from the news in the past few months? It doesn't.

SO yeah like I was saying...Scola was pissed the Spurs drafted him. No matter how you spin it.

You know why he didn't get drafted in the first round?

Because the details and language of his fucked up contract situation scared teams off...

Don't sit and here and site 2007 information as information that was readily available and understood back then.

The fucked up contract situation was why he dropped so low.

And you know what? Fuck him...he's got to go into the draft by age 22 like every other NBA player does...tough shit...he shouldn't have signed a bad contract...and the Spurs had every right to draft him as a player eligible to be drafted and his comments afterwards made him sound like a horses ass.

It's like winning the one million dollar lottery instead of the five million dollar loterry and whining about your misfortune.

Ugh... you just don't get it. One, there's a difference between being frustrated at a situation where a party is involved, and blaming such party for it. What happened was, at worst, the former. And second, that's not what the argument was about. Not even close. The point was that he's made out to be some egotistical prick by some, when in fact he's played professional basketball with some of the most accomplished FIBA stars for more than 10 years now, under some of the toughest coaches in the world, and he's unanimously respected and appreciated. You'd think that'd be a better indication of his character and how he'd affect team chemistry than some made up quote by someone whose biggest attribute is the utter worthlessness of his time relative to that of those who are trying to argue something with him.

It was on American TV...as was the part about RC asking him about the rebounding...on the TV, during the Olympic broadcast.
What was on American TV? Scola himself saying he hated the Spurs for having drafted him? or was he cursing RC's mother for his comments? Seeing the extent to which you'll go to pass rumors, speculation and your own imagination for facts, you'll forgive me if I don't give a shit for any unsubstantiated reference of yours that's inconsistent with the perception of Luis shared by all those who know him.

Meanwhile...when I start noticing differences between you and ArgSpursFan...I'll be sure to let you know.
I wonder why does it not surprise me you can't see past the end of your nose...

I am indeed...I am sick of the delusion that Scola is an All Star and the worst trade in Spurs history, and that it's somehow the Spurs fault that he signed a stupid contract.
I'd say instead you're indeed so sickeningly delusional that you suddenly assume everyone is saying that Scola is an All Star and the worst trade in Spurs history, and that it's somehow the Spurs fault that he signed a stupid contract, when in fact most are not.

whottt
09-04-2007, 09:12 PM

As I have said in the past, I once argued with whottt for days about rugby. He never watched and entire rugby game in his life and was discussing with me about a sport I played since I was seven and I like better than soccer. He is relentless.

Do you even remember what the argument was about? There was no right or wrong to it.

A couple of weeks ago he was owned by timvp about the splash the Spurs were going to make in the market this year, but he still thinks he was right.

LMAO there was no wrong to that either unless you can show me the trades the Spurs turned down...it's not my fault Paxon is stupid...or isn't stupid enough depending on your POV.

Ariel
09-04-2007, 09:13 PM

I see. Too late though... I was writing the post before you posted your warning. But thank you for letting me know and saving me some time for future references.

milkyway21
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
next time you have a baby pls don't call him after you best buddy. see what happens here :lol

nice gesture of Manu giving Ipods to his friends :tu expensive or not it means something->"thank you"

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
*pretends to have insider knowledge yet has yet to step out of basement in 3 years

:rolleyes

whottt
09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
*mllllglllllllmph mllllgllllmph gulp*

whottt
09-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey you guys can kiss my ass...two years ago this same thing happened and the word was that Scola demanded a trade....from an Argentine. I said the same things then, then his agent came out and tossed a bunch of BS out and everyone said see whottt...you were wrong.

In fact I think I remember apologizing to smeagol over it....

Now he's gone and smeagol is the one claiming he is right, when he's the one that got fucking owned.

Additionally I said the Spurs would make a big move this summer, that was the nexus of my argument with timvp...I shouldn't have to explain to Argies that moving Scola is a big move...and believe me...if Scola was worth what any of us thought he was worth...that would have been the move they made with him.

whottt
09-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Inside knowledge this fuckers:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21753&highlight=oberto

And this...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21879&highlight=oberto

That's where the suckhole known as smeagol demands an apology for my misrepresenting Scola....and gets one...

And now the fucker is back telling me I can't admit when I was wrong?

GFY smeagol.

See, I haven't just disliked Scola since I knew he wasn't going to be a Spur...I've always disliked him, since the night he was drafted.

At the same time...if he wanted to be here I was fine with that as well...if he wanted to be here, but he's never acted like he wanted to be here, not since the night he was drafted...

And he gets misrepresented by the fucking Argie media as well as the European and San Antonio media...

Bullshit.

If the Spurs were assasinating his character...they started doing it the night he was drafted, which was pretty stupid on their part...and they did it by manipulating European media into misquoting poor Scola.

They also must be stupid because according to every Argie, they could have had God er Scola instead of Oberto...and they chose Oberto.

I'm sorry...but the Spurs aren't that stupid. IF they wanted Oberto for the same money...you can damn sure bet they had a good reason for it...and if Scola was being fair all along and the Spurs just wanted to fuck his character and rep, and he's this great player...then they sure did take a shitty ass trade to do it.

I don't think the Spurs drafted Scola all those years ago just to fuck him over...

I think his comments that night about wishing he hadn't been drafted make his attitude pretty clear.

And I am sorry you guys didn't see the same Olympic interview in Argentina...maybe you should take it up with your media? And he spoke in English...and a scowl is Universal.

Sorry..I have no doubts who the asshole here is...and his name is Scola.

And I'm sorry that the archives predating late 04 are no longer here..I really wish they were.

Scola has friends? Big fucking deal...so did Charles Manson...that proves exactly nothing.

A coach liked Scola? BFD...a coach liked Artest too...

whottt
09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
@#$%@#$%#$%

Every cocksucker on this forum owes me an apology based on that thread.

Except for timvp of all people. IT's sad how good timvp used to be, was on the right side of the Scola/Oberto debate, predicted the 10-10 start...and now.....tsk tsk.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21879&page=2&pp=26&highlight=oberto

I'm so right I forget my own rightness...I have to apologize for being wrong even when I'm not just so I don't seem like someone who never admits being wrong :lmao....

Where are my apologies...

Come on everyone...the Spurs and Scola are singing Kumbaya
(in 2005)....and I was just jumping to conclusions...

LMAO at me having to defend Oberto against other Argies...like "Manumaniac".

Right now...hendrix is the only Argie with any credibility...

timvp
09-04-2007, 11:33 PM
:blah :blah
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21753&highlight=oberto
:blah :blah :blah :blah
Nice find on that link. I was saying the same thing about Scola then that I'm saying now. Good scorer, not the greatest of fits for the Spurs. But what makes me mad is this . . .

Bottomline is Oberto > Scola. I've always thought that. Spurs got the better player for the money that they would have given Scola.

Notice how the Spurs sign Oberto for three seasons and at the same time say that Scola's contract is for three more years. To me, it looks like they will go with Oberto for now while they try to trade Scola. If they don't find a team out there dying for him, they'll just wait out the three years and bring in a 28 year old player with a chip on his shoulder.

By that time, the landscape for the Spurs will be different and make more sense to bring in Scola.

1. Horry will be retired.
2. Rasho will be traded.
3. Duncan will be even more of a center.

By that time, Scola will be one of the best European players ever. The Spurs can bring him in and give him a huge role.

It works out for everyone involved, in theory.

The Spurs had almost waiting out those three years but instead of waiting out the final year, they panicked.

:madrun

Unlike the picture whottt likes to paint, I was always in favor of making Scola wait and calling his bluff that he'd be ready to come over in 2008. I was always in favor of keeping his rights unless a very good offer came along. I always had the take that Scola was a good scorer whose fit on the Spurs wouldn't be the greatest ... but he's still someone who was too valuable to give away.

People can give any excuse they want but bottom line is Scola bluffed, the Spurs bit the bluff and sold him low. Everything points to that being the case.

timvp
09-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh and :lmao @ revisionisttt saying that the big Spurs move he was talking about was giving away Scola. Damn, that's golden :lmao

timvp
09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Every cocksucker on this forum owes me an apology based on that thread.

Except for timvp of all people. IT's sad how good timvp used to be, was on the right side of the Scola/Oberto debate, predicted the 10-10 start...and now.....tsk tsk. Uh, I've stayed on the exact same position the whole time concerning Scola. You are just so far on the Scola hating extreme that you can't see that I've been consistent all along.

Back then, I was your closest ally. Now bandwagon Scola haters like ChumpDumper come along and they seem to be more on your side. But the truth is my position hasn't changed ... just the homerism has shifted more toward the Scola hating extreme while timvp remains the rock in the middle of the ocean.

I'll give it to you that you always hated Scola. We might be the only two posters on the forum whose take on Scola hasn't changed wildly due to current events.

To that, I offer a toast :toast

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Now bandwagon Scola haters like ChumpDumper come along and they seem to be more on your side.I appreciate the misrepresentation. :toast

whottt
09-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Now bandwagon Scola haters like ChumpDumper

I'll respond to the rest of your comments later....

Trying to shoehorn Chump as a Scola bandwaggon hater is lame...

Chump isn't pro Argie anything and he's fought more wars against Argentina than the UK. In fact he's been in a perpetual state of war with Argentina since Hedo>Manu. I mean that's just wrong trying to say that.

#1. Chump is generally going to back anything the Spurs FO does.
#2. If left to his own devices I think Chump has a clear record of...well, he certainly can't be described as favoring Argentina....I've never considered Chump to be a pro Scola and I think he's always had doubts about Scola's ability to transfer to the NBA as well.

I mean even I was ok with signing him...if he wanted to be here....saying that doesn't mean you are pro Scola...it
s more like you are willing to trust the FO.

timvp
09-05-2007, 01:07 AM
I guess you both missed the joke playing along with the Scola defenders who say ChumpDumper hates Scola. If I was really naming a bandwagon Scola defender, there'd be a long line before reaching ChumpDumper.

ChumpDumper was at one time saying that Scola would be a good fit but now says he wouldn't, but all along has admitted to flip flopping on the situation.

I guess I'll leave ChumpDumper out of jokes from now on. Although I'm still waiting on the link to where I "mocked" ChumpDumper for "wanting" "Scola" back in 200"5" . . .

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
You already had the link, but I accept your explanation that it was a nonsensical nonfunny nonjoke.

saporvida
09-05-2007, 01:39 AM
fuckin novellas.... bunch of i said this you said that.

shut the fuck up already!

timvp
09-05-2007, 01:59 AM
You already had the link, but I accept your explanation that it was a nonsensical nonfunny nonjoke.You said my comment was in reference to "another" thread. However, you refuse to link to that thread.

'Tis all.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 02:32 AM
There are several instances in the time between the Malik trade and your posting of that caption where I was convinced the Spurs were going to try to Scola and kept bringing him up whenever there was a big man discussion. That lead some to ask me if he was a savior, including yourself. I said I didn't know but kept penciling him in the Spurs lineup because that's what I figured the Spurs would do. My saying what the FO has done or predicting what they will do has often been mistaken for wholesale endorsement. Taken in the full context of those months of discussion, your caption and my reaction make perfect sense.

timvp
09-05-2007, 02:44 AM
There are several instances in the time between the Malik trade and your posting of that caption where I was convinced the Spurs were going to try to Scola and kept bringing him up whenever there was a big man discussion. That lead some to ask me if he was a savior, including yourself. I assume you are talking about this post:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=174092&postcount=13

That was a serious question. I wanted to know if you thought Scola was the savior. I didn't say you thought Scola was the savior ... quite the opposite, actually.

I still don't see anywhere you said you wanted Scola and I mocked you. Even in that thread above, you don't say you want Scola. In fact, I can't find a post of yours saying that you flat out want Scola. Therefore, I don't see how it could be claimed that I "mocked" you for "wanting Scola" when you never said you wanted him in the first place.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 02:45 AM
The picture was the mocking, but you knew that. And if you want to continue parsing this to infinity, I'll go ahead and say I lose. For a hazy memory of a two year old post, I'm fine with the relative quality my recollection.

timvp
09-05-2007, 02:56 AM
The picture was the mockingI apologize.

, but you knew that.True, I apologize.

And if you want to continue parsing this to infinity,Just tried to get the record straight.

I'll go ahead and say I lose. That's alright. This time I'll lose.

For a hazy memory of a two year old post, I'm fine with the relative quality my recollection.You do have quite the memory to remember a two year old caption timvp made. When I read threads from that era, it's like I'm reading them for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised I had the same take on Scola then that I have now.

:smokin

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Back...

In closing, my message to Argentina and all Scola backers...

Scola can't play defense...that means Tim Duncan will have to do it for him...that's shitty situation for any Spursfans that likes winning championships...

Duncan fouling out just so Scola can score less effectively than he can...is bad championship math.

Paying Scola 3 mil a year to do that...is even worse championship math.

Anyone that thinks Duncan and Scola would have been complimentary players is on fucking crack...

Sure Duncan compliments Scola on the court...BFD, Duncan compliments my grandmother on the court too...does Scola compliment Duncan? Does he in any way make Duncan's job easier? No he does not. He makes Duncan have to take on additional responsibilities.

The one prerequisite for any Spurs bigman not named Tim Duncan, is an ability and willingness to play defense and board...so Duncan doesn't have too.

David Robinson was a scoring champion...he had to play defense so Tim Duncan wouldn't have too..if you think fucking Scola is good enough to make Duncan play anchor D? You are a fool who I hope never coaches a team I root for.

I look forward to Yao on the bench in foul trouble because Scola can't play D and I also look forward to Scola shooting about 44% when that happens.

In summary...fuck Scola and the horse he rode in on.

THe Spurs didn't try to make this dude look bad...he accomplished that on his own, from day 1, nor are they the ones that gave him an effed up contract or signed it for him.

Me? I am going to enjoy watching Oberto and Duncan whup Scola's ass on both sides of the ball....too bad Argentina and all the other Scola fans won't.

Edit: The Argie known as hendrix is excluded from that call out.

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Well since whottt didn't accept my toast, I'll post this take of his from a couple months ago:

The more I think about the idea, the more I like it. If the Spurs could pull this off, it's kind of an experiement, but on paper it would provide a kind of depth unheard of in the NBA...

You'd have the core of the best National Team in the World, supporting the core of the best Professional Team in the World...not even the 60's Celtics had that kind of depth.

The core of Team Argentina is Nocioni, Scola, Manu and Oberto(starter or not) IMO...Hermann is kind of their emotional rallying point, and I guess Sanchez and Wochiohowski(SP?) have their roles to play...but the core is that 4. That'd be awesome if the Spurs could somehow pull that off. Even if they can't get Nocioni..adding Scola still nearly complete the core.

And I think those guys playing with each other could maximize their NBA potential as well, because they know each other...I mean hell, we just won a championship with Oberto and Manu starting(Manu's the starter, he just comes off the bench)....

It's definitely a case of the sum being greater than the individual parts...

And adding the Argentina coach even increases that potential.

It works out great for Team Argentina too...their National Teqam gets extensive PT together heading into the 08 Olympics. That could give them a repeat they are not likely to get with some of their guys avoiding the regular National Tournaments.

The more I think about this idea the more I like it...but we still need a long SF no matter what...it'd be so awesome if we could get Nocioni...and he's already NBA ready.

whottt sure sounded like he loved both Scola and Argentina in that post.

Oh how the times change . . .

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Read this thread much?

Read that quote much?

I still don't like him....I just liked the experiment of Team Argentina off the bench, perferably with Nocioni.

I am a team player, unlike Scola...if the Spurs wanted him after scouting him this long...I was willing to trust them. However, they went with my instincts, and I approve of that even more.

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:39 AM
And just for you timvp...

quote this:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6850&page=1&pp=26&highlight=scola

That's like an all star cast of ownership...serious freaking ownership...some of the most major ownership in the history of SpursTalk.

Clemenza
09-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Scola is great, THANK YOU SPURS!!!!!

smeagol
09-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Do you even remember what the argument was about? There was no right or wrong to it.

LMAO there was no wrong to that either unless you can show me the trades the Spurs turned down...it's not my fault Paxon is stupid...or isn't stupid enough depending on your POV.

whottt, you forgot to put on the sarcasm-ometer before reading my post. :lol

urunobili
09-05-2007, 08:38 AM
i never thought this thread was going to end like this... i guess i am still a rookie and not able to c where this could end up... i tried to have a thread about friendship and ended up being a battle of ego's led by whortt sorry whottt... still... Scola got both Tiago's and Barbosa's jersey's during both matches against brazil... and we will never be able to ruin that kind of relationship with our love/hate comments.. NEVER... when you name your son with a friend of yours name that means a lot... so who cares who said what b4? i wonder...

smeagol
09-05-2007, 08:39 AM

quote this:

That's like an all star cast of ownership...serious freaking ownership...some of the most major ownership in the history of SpursTalk.

:clap

Aside from the wrestling remarks, you owned a couple of very solid posters.

The people who were calling out Horry in 11/2004 missed the train in an ugly way.

Horry was clutch and did the little things in 2005 and again in 2007.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I remember back in 1973 when I said this Gerving guy was going to be one of the best scorers ever.

whottt
09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I remember back in 1973 when I said this Gerving guy was going to be one of the best scorers ever.
Link?

whottt
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
i never thought this thread was going to end like this... i guess i am still a rookie and not able to c where this could end up... i tried to have a thread about friendship and ended up being a battle of ego's led by whortt sorry whottt... still... Scola got both Tiago's and Barbosa's jersey's during both matches against brazil... and we will never be able to ruin that kind of relationship with our love/hate comments.. NEVER... when you name your son with a friend of yours name that means a lot... so who cares who said what b4? i wonder...

Bah...you were pursuing your Scola agenda with fluff.

And why didn't Scola name his son Manu?

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Link?I got your link right here.

timvp
09-05-2007, 03:15 PM

quote this:

That's like an all star cast of ownership...serious freaking ownership...some of the most major ownership in the history of SpursTalk.:lol

What does that have to do with Scola? I've already admitted countless times that your Horry blindness backdoored you into being right back then. But every Spurs fan in existence has given up on Horry at one point or another. Unless you simply don't watch regular season games and ignore the stats, a Spurs fan is bound to give up on Horry.

Even you gave up on Horry earlier this year when you started the "timvp will be owned because Spurs will make a big acquisition in the summer" thread by saying Horry won't be brought back next year and that's where part of that supposed money would come from. You gave up on Horry, too. Join the club. He woke up once again in the playoffs and made your idea of letting him go look foolish.

There isn't a Spurs' player, coach or internet poster alive who hasn't given up on Horry at one point or another. However, I was one of the few voices this season saying Horry was playing well (and I got called out repeatedly for it). If I went backed and bumped every Horry thread from this year where I was getting bashed for defending him, I could own half the board ... including your bandwagon jumping "let's dump Horry at the end of the season for money" azz.

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
You guys got owned and I told you exactly how and why you were going to get owned.

And um...hate to tell you this, but at the time I made that call out thread Horry was saying he was leaning towards not coming back...

Nice try.

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
I wonder if Solid D wears a shirt that says, property of Robert Horry. He should...you know, because he has that look on his face.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
:lol
The game : "you was wrong on that one year ago" is kinda stupid.

Every poster (even the most knowledgeable ones) have been wrong numerous times. Even GM/coach, whose BB is job, are sometimes wrong. If there is a poster who is never wrong, he should take their spot.

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:43 PM

What does that have to do with Scola? I've already admitted countless times that your Horry blindness backdoored you into being right back then. But every Spurs fan in existence has given up on Horry at one point or another. Unless you simply don't watch regular season games and ignore the stats, a Spurs fan is bound to give up on Horry.

Even you gave up on Horry earlier this year when you started the "timvp will be owned because Spurs will make a big acquisition in the summer" thread by saying Horry won't be brought back next year and that's where part of that supposed money would come from. You gave up on Horry, too. Join the club. He woke up once again in the playoffs and made your idea of letting him go look foolish.

There isn't a Spurs' player, coach or internet poster alive who hasn't given up on Horry at one point or another. However, I was one of the few voices this season saying Horry was playing well (and I got called out repeatedly for it). If I went backed and bumped every Horry thread from this year where I was getting bashed for defending him, I could own half the board ... including your bandwagon jumping "let's dump Horry at the end of the season for money" azz.

Translation: I was for a move that would have directly cost us a title, watch me spin.

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:47 PM

Every poster (even the most knowledgeable ones) have been wrong numerous times. Even GM/coach, whose BB is job, are sometimes wrong. If there is a poster who is never wrong, he should take their spot.

Welcome to Spurs Talk :tu

See the thing is...these clowns always laugh and act like I'm crazy or something but time and time again I've been right about what it takes to win a championship...and the peices needed.

They've been right about what it takes to not win a championship...

timvp
09-05-2007, 03:48 PM
And um...hate to tell you this, but at the time I made that call out thread Horry was saying he was leaning towards not coming back...

Nice try.You were saying that the Spurs could totally opt out of his contract. Why would they have to opt out if you were talking about him retiring?

Stop lying. You gave up on Horry.

Join the club.

timvp
09-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Every poster (even the most knowledgeable ones) have been wrong numerous times. Even GM/coach, whose BB is job, are sometimes wrong. If there is a poster who is never wrong, he should take their spot.The difference is I posted a comment made by whottt two months ago about how he couldn't wait for Scola to join the Spurs. He retaliates by posting a thread from four years ago.

Four years >>>> 2 months

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
The game : "you was wrong on that one year ago" is kinda stupid.That's half the posts in here.

If there is a poster who is never wrong, he should take their spot.http://www.timvp.com/me.jpg

timvp
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Welcome to Spurs Talk :tu

See the thing is...these clowns always laugh at me for talking crazy but I was right once four years ago so I bring that up every chance I get.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.timvp.com/me.jpg

:lmao @ the URL.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
The difference is I posted a comment made by whottt two months ago about how he couldn't wait for Scola to join the Spurs. He retaliates by posting a thread from four years ago.

Four years >>>> 2 months

whottt could have find more recent BS takes from you. ;)

timvp
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
whottt could have find more recent BS takes from you. ;)Link?

And thanks for laughing at my picture :depressed

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
The difference is I posted a comment made by whottt two months ago about how he couldn't wait for Scola to join the Spurs. He retaliates by posting a thread from four years ago.

Four years >>>> 2 months

LMAO

That was a Scola thread....not an Horry thread. You missed the entire point. The Horry and Pro Wrestling ownerships were secondary, and it was just to show that I have had that stance on Scola for a long time.

And it wasn't Scola I was excited about...it was the Team Argentina experiment.

whottt
09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
You were saying that the Spurs could totally opt out of his contract. Why would they have to opt out if you were talking about him retiring?

Stop lying. You gave up on Horry.

Join the club.

Ask Danny Ferry

Sin,

Offseason 03

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Sweet study, but what's up with the Jack-O-Lantern candles?

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Link?

January 2007 :
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1367577&postcount=8

Shortening the swingman rotation
Hell yes. Bench Finley a la Steve Smith in '03. I've been calling for that recently and it's the right move. Finley is done. He gave all he could in last year's playoffs but his tank is empty.

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
January 2007 :
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1367577&postcount=8Uh, yeah, Finley is still pretty much done. He hit his threes for the most part in the playoffs but the athleticism we saw in the '06 playoffs was gone in the '07 playoffs.

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM
LMAO

That was a Scola thread....not an Horry thread. You missed the entire point. The Horry and Pro Wrestling ownerships were secondary, and it was just to show that I have had that stance on Scola for a long time. And? My stance on Scola was the same back then, too.

And it wasn't Scola I was excited about...it was the Team Argentina experiment.As you said, adding Scola would complete the experiment. So adding Scola = your excitement.

Since then you've homered out and went back to being fully anti-Scola. If you were anti-Scola the whole time, you would have been against an Argentina experiment that included Scola.

Your takes change so often and without reason that you can't help for some of them to be right even if you contradict your own take a couple posts later.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Uh, yeah, Finley is still pretty much done. He hit his threes for the most part in the playoffs but the athleticism we saw in the '06 playoffs was gone in the '07 playoffs.

So you still think that Pop should have benched Finley like he did with Smith in '03 ?

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Ask Danny Ferry

Sin,

Offseason 03That doesn't make sense. You said Horry could be let go because the Spurs could opt out of his contract. He wouldn't have to be let go if he elects to retire.

You brought Ferry into the equation when you guaranteed that Barry's last year of his contract wasn't guaranteed. How'd that work out?

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
So you still think that Pop should have benched Finley like he did with Smith in '03 ?Spurs would have won the championship either way. Finley awoke from his Horry-like slumber to play better than expected but he wasn't a championship deciding player.

whottt
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
And? My stance on Scola was the same back then, too.

As you said, adding Scola would complete the experiment. So adding Scola = your excitement.

False... I said Nocioni would complete the experiment. Scola was a worst case scenario for that experiment.

Dude...I've never liked Scola...I've accepted that he might end up being part of the team when getting piled on by the entire board and Ludden telling me I am jumping to conclusions...about him being an asshole and the Spurs not wanting him.

Since then you've homered out and went back to being fully anti-Scola. If you were anti-Scola the whole time, you would have been against an Argentina experiment that included Scola.

Your takes change so often and without reason that you can't help for some of them to be right even if you contradict your own take a couple posts later.

LMAO...I'ver never been Pro Scola or excited about the idea of him playing here...I've also never thougth he was going to translate well to the NBA on his own merits....

Whether or not he is an asshole is entirely my subjective conclusion...of course I am not going to assume I am all knowing on things it is not possible for me to be all knowing about...

But my gut feeling has always been that's he's an asshole and I wouldn't want him on my team...lo and behold...the Spurs agreed.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Spurs would have won the championship either way. Finley awoke from his Horry-like slumber to play better than expected but he wasn't a championship deciding player.

I remember timvp blaming whottt for never admitting when he was wrong and he did the same thing...

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
If you want a good laugh, here's a thread by whottt claiming that Scola would have been the #1 top overall pick in the 2005 draft.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20490

:lmao :lmao :lmao

whottt at that point was a much bigger fan of Scola than timvp was. Just more proof that whottt's opinions change with the wind.

whottt
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
You guys just be sure to showup when Scola starts sucking a few weeks into the season...as teams figure out how to stop his pet moves.

whottt
09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
If you want a good laugh, here's a thread by whottt claiming that Scola would have been the #1 top overall pick in the 2005 draft.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20490

:lmao :lmao :lmao

whottt at that point was a much better fan of Scola than timvp was. Just more proof that whottt's opinions change with the wind.

I've already admitted I overestimated his value to other teams...

Have you?

Sin,

Pop and RC

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
False... I said Nocioni would complete the experiment. Scola was a worst case scenario for that experiment.

Dude...I've never liked Scola...I've accepted that he might end up being part of the team when getting piled on by the entire board and Ludden telling me I am jumping to conclusions...about him being an asshole and the Spurs not wanting him.

LMAO...I'ver never been Pro Scola or excited about the idea of him playing here...I've also never thougth he was going to translate well to the NBA on his own merits....

Whether or not he is an asshole is entirely my subjective conclusion...of course I am not going to assume I am all knowing on things it is not possible for me to be all knowing about...

But my gut feeling has always been that's he's an asshole and I wouldn't want him on my team...lo and behold...the Spurs agreed.

You never liked Scola but you thought he should have been the number one overall pick of the 2005 NBA draft?

:lmao

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I've already admitted I overestimated his value to other teams...

Have you?

Sin,

Pop and RC
Overestimated his value to other teams? You are saying he WOULD have been the number one overall pick.

timvp
09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
The most classic part of that thread is whottt says that timvp and Marcus Bryant are being too harsh on Scola.

:rollin

whottt
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
You completely misunderstand the point of that post....

At no point in that thread do I say I like Scola and think he's a great player...

I'm saying where I think he would have been drafted that year based on beginning hype plus his accomplishments.

At no point do I say I even want him on hte tem and like him...

If it's not to hard to figure out...I was trying to figure out his trade value.

I also overestimated his trade value this summer thinking we could get Nocioni or Wallace for him....the primary motive for my call out thread...

The other teams weren't as stupid as I thought they were...only the Scola fans on this board are that stupid unfortunately.

whottt
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Overestimated his value to other teams? You are saying he WOULD have been the number one overall pick.

Yeah...because he was projected as a lottery pick in 2002 if not for his contract issues...before Indianapolis, before the Olympics...before his Euroleague MVP. And he'd only upped his status since then.

THat doesn't mean I liked him or thought he could help the Spurs win a title...only that I thought he had tremendous value to other teams and would be projected as the #1 pick in that draft.

Alas...he wasn't and, he never did.

I get it now...do you?

You the one saying we turned down all the better offers...

You are saying the same thing now because of what he just did in the TOA...you are saying that upped his value and the Spurs could have gotten more...I say...I'm not so sure.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Even if whottt's take about Scola being the top overall pick is kinda crazy, Scola's trade value was way higher in 05 than in 07.
Between 05 and 07, he has choked a lot in Europe and with Argentina, put the same stats and been 2 years older.
Even :worthy: the great timvp :worthy: , who is never wrong, said in 2005 that he was worth a top 15 pick and said in 2007 that an early second round pick was the best Spurs could hope for Scola.

timvp
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Even :worthy: the great timvp :worthy: , who is never wrong, said in 2005 that he was worth a top 15 pick and said in 2007 that an early second round pick was the best Spurs could hope for Scola.I don't get it. Are you trying to tell me I was right? I would ask for a link but I guess I can live with being right without having to see it attributed.

Actually, it's pretty funny that whottt and Bruno are trying to gang up on me about Scola. Both of these guys before the trade happened said they'd be mad if the Spurs trade Butler and Scola for a 2nd rounder. The Spurs trade Butler and Scola for a second rounder and now they are two of the biggest supporting of the trade on the board.

On the other hand, I said the Spurs need to get better than a second round pick for Scola and Butler. The Spurs didn't so instead of changing my view, I stick with it.

I guess I missed the memo that all Spurs fans have to homer out to whatever move they make.

whottt
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
On the other hand, I said the Spurs need to get better than a second round pick for Scola and Butler. The Spurs didn't so instead of changing my view, I stick with it.

I guess I missed the memo that all Spurs fans have to homer out to whatever move they make.

Hey...I definitely wanted more for Scola than we got.

I'm with you in thinking Kobe for Scola would have been a good trade...

Difference is? I realize the Spurs couldn't get more than they got...and I also think Vassilis was a bigger part of the reason they did that trade than anyone wants to admit.

timvp
09-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey...I definitely wanted more for Scola than we got.

I'm with you in thinking Kobe for Scola would have been a good trade...

Difference is? You realized the Spurs should have just sat on Scola's rights instead of selling him low.

Fixed.

timvp
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
You completely misunderstand the point of that post....

At no point in that thread do I say I like ScolaDid you read the thread?

I am not sold on Scola's being a great NBA player...I expect him to be a lot like Malik Rose
You are historically one of the biggest Malik Rose defenders on the forum. You comparing Scola to Malik Rose is giving Scola a big thumbs up. Either that or you never really like Rose as much as you said you did.

Your viewpoint on Scola changed so much over the years, it's amazing. I used to think you were steadfast in your hate toward him but the more I research your posts, the more I realize your opinion changed with the wind.

I rescind the offer of a toast to you. I've kept the same take on Scola throughout. You're take on him changed daily. I was never that impressed with him but given that, I still wasn't on board with the idea of giving him away. I always said the Spurs should have called his bluff to wait until '08.

And I stand by that. I guess you can stand by 50% of your posts that you hated him while forgetting the other 50% of your posts.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't get it. Are you trying to tell me I was right?

I'm telling you that a lot of people were higher on Scola in 2005 than in 2007.
whottt and timvp have that in common.

I would ask for a link but I guess I can live with being right without having to see it attributed.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1647087&postcount=27

they are two of the biggest supporting of the trade on the board.

Link ?
I have always said that I didn't like this trade.
And timvp hating the trade has more to do with Butler than Scola.

whottt
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Did you read the thread?

You are historically one of the biggest Malik Rose defenders on the forum. You comparing Scola to Malik Rose is giving Scola a big thumbs up. Either that or you never really like Rose as much as you said you did.

Your viewpoint on Scola changed so much over the years, it's amazing. I used to think you were steadfast in your hate toward him but the more I research your posts, the more I realize your opinion changed with the wind.

I rescind the offer of a toast to you. I've kept the same take on Scola throughout. You're take on him changed daily. I was never that impressed with him but given that, I still wasn't on board with the idea of giving him away. I always said the Spurs should have called his bluff to wait until '08.

And I stand by that. I guess you can stand by 50% of your posts that you hated him while forgetting the other 50% of your posts.

BS.....

It takes a lot of energy to hate and I can't keep a full hate on 24/7.

More importantly...if everyone is sitting there saying everything is fine and dandy and Scola is coming...it doesn't do me much good to hate.

I've never thought Scola was a great player ever...period. I've never creamed over the idea of signing him...

And most importantly, and what you fail to realize...I've never gotten upset over the idea of moving him...in fact I've been decidedly in favor of it every time it was being debated as a serious move.

You see the inconsistencies you want to see...half the time you don't even get the point I am making.

It's not like I am saying, sign Scola or our lives are over...

Like you were saying, Robert Horry shouldn't be on the court in the 4th....ever.

Notice how I don't have to frame a quote in the context I chose? I can just link the thread and the owning is obvious...

timvp
09-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm telling you that a lot of people were higher on Scola in 2005 than in 2007.
whottt and timvp have that in common.Well, yeah, I don't think anyone would come to the conclusion that Scola rotting on Tau for two years would somehow raise his value. However, must of us didn't think Scola could have been the number one overall pick of the 2005 NBA draft.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1647087&postcount=27Damn, I'm good. I forgot about that.

Thanks.

:smokin

Link ?Link of you supporting the trade? It's all over the forum. Your "I didn't like it at first but after thinking about it I like it" takes have been numerous. You really need me to link it for you?

I have always said that I didn't like this trade. But now you supposedly understand it and support it. Unless that was a different Bruno . . .

And timvp hating the trade has more to do with Butler than Scola.Link?

whottt
09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Secondly...I am a Malik Fan...drawing a comparison between Malik and Scola does not mean I endorse Scola. I never compared Scola's rebounding to Malik......I compared his offensive game. And that's not an edorsement...I love Malik but I don't think he's the second coming of Duncan or anything.

IT's just everyone is hyping this guy up like he is Wilt and I'm saying he's probably closer to Malik...without the rebounding.

Personality wise it's no contest....I think Scola's an asshole and Malik isn't.

whottt
09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
TimVP's mode of argument

TimVP: You never admit you are wrong

Whottt: I might be wrong

TimVP: You changed your stance!

Lame.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Link of you supporting the trade? It's all over the forum. Your "I didn't like it at first but after thinking about it I like it" takes have been numerous. You really need me to link it for you?
But now you supposedly understand it and support it. Unless that was a different Bruno . . .

Maybe you should re-read what I've said.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1934360&postcount=383

Link?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1716924&postcount=33

I'd bring over Mahinmi and probably pick between Scola and Bonner, whichever is cheaper. The mistake I worry the Spurs doing is trading Butler before they ever give him a chance.

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
BS.....

It takes a lot of energy to hate and I can't keep a full hate on 24/7. I was called a Scola hater for years. From when he was drafted until he was traded, people said I unnecessarily hated Scola. Now after the trade, but take on him remained the same ... and now I'm some sort of ultimate Scola backer.

The truth is the homer element changed drastically on Scola while my take remained the same. For a long time, I was on the lower end of the Scola-o-meter. Now because a lot of Spurs fans homered out, my same stance is somehow on the high end of the Scola-o-meter.

It doesn't take energy to have the same take over and over.

More importantly...if everyone is sitting there saying everything is fine and dandy and Scola is coming...it doesn't do me much good to hate. That doesn't give you free license to jump to the other side of the fence.

I've never thought Scola was a great player ever...period. I've never creamed over the idea of signing him...Neither did I. But I also didn't say he could be a number one overall pick.

And most importantly, and what you fail to realize...I've never gotten upset over the idea of moving him...in fact I've been decidedly in favor of it every time it was being debated as a serious move. Your take has always been that you'd trust the Spurs FO in whatever the do with Scola. Translation: I'll homer out when the Scola decision is made.

If the Spurs would have decided to bring over Scola, you would have backed the idea. Admit it.

You see the inconsistencies you want to see...half the time you don't even get the point I am making. True because half the time I'm stunned that you completely changed your opinion.

It's not like I am saying, sign Scola or our lives are over...And I'm saying that? I'm the one that wanted to keep him in Europe another year.

Like you were saying, Robert Horry shouldn't be on the court in the 4th....ever. First of all, it's pretty classic that to find a time you were right about something, you have to find a take from four years ago. Second of all, my take was that if Horry isn't rebounding, he shouldn't be in the game in the fourth quarter. And I still stand by that.

And if you look at the splits, his rebounding is what improved most as the season went on:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?statsId=830&sYear=2005&sType=4

In the middle of the season, he was hurting the Spurs because he wasn't rebounding. That's a fact. If he didn't start rebounding, I didn't want him on the court any longer. But as you can see, he started rebounding in the last two months of the season and then into the playoffs.

Can you find a post from after he started rebounding in which timvp said he didn't want Horry playing in fourth quarters?

What you consider ownage is simply you not watching games and pretending everything was right with Horry. But it wasn't. That non-rebounding version of Horry was horrible. And that version of Horry shouldn't have been playing in fourth quarters. But like I said, if he starts rebounding, I'll happily have him play in the fourth.

He started rebounding and his fourth quarter production when through the roof.

Apology Accepted

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
TimVP's mode of argument

TimVP: Scola isn't that good but shouldn't be given away

Whottt: Scola should be the number one pick!

*two years later*

TimVP: Scola isn't that good but shouldn't be given away.

Whottt: Scola sucks! I'm glad the Spurs got rid of him.

Fixed.

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe you should re-read what I've said.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1934360&postcount=383A post from last week? What happened to your posts from around the time of the trade where you went from saying the Spurs shouldn't trade for just a second round pick to being able to understand it?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1716924&postcount=33Which part of that post did I indicate that the Spurs should just give Scola away?

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:27 PM
LMAO that's freaking classic...

You take a thread asking a hypothetical question about Scola's draft are worthiness as some kind of Scola homering on my part...

Scola was being touted as a lottery pick in 2005, I said...could he go #1 in that 2005? I think he could.

At no point did I say I thought he was worth it or that I would take him #1. Just based on the hype he had originally VS what he had at that time...and who was availavble in that draft...would a team considering taking him #1?

As Bruno pointed out...it's not a huge jump to think a guy who could have been a lottery pick in 2002 was #1 pick worthy in that draft after Olympic Gold and Euorleague MVP's.

That doesn't mean I like him...that doesn't mean I would have wanted the Spurs to take him #1...it wasn't even part of the hypothetical question.

I've said he's over-rated all along, probably not as over-rated as I thought, but over-rated nontheless. I've never changed on that. And I've also never thought he was going to transfer well to the NBA.

I think he'd definitely transfer better playing with his Argie teamates...but that doesn't mean I think he's a great player. I don't and I never have.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 06:28 PM
A post from last week? What happened to your posts from around the time of the trade where you went from saying the Spurs shouldn't trade for just a second round pick to being able to understand it?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1867922&postcount=15

I've never said that it was a good trade and I've never supported it.

Which part of that post did I indicate that the Spurs should just give Scola away?

:wtf
Re-read what I've said :
"timvp hating the trade has more to do with Butler than Scola."
I've never said that you was for giving Scola away.

Question : what deal hate you more ? Scola + Beno for nothing or Butler + first round pick for nothing ?

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Meanwhile:

Horry is done

There is absolutely no other way to interpret that statement.

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Quoted once more for emphasis:

Dumb@ss, Horry was one of my favorite players of all-time ... even before he was on the Spurs. When the Spurs signed him, I was ecstatic. I thought that it was a fluke that he choked in the playoffs against the Spurs.

But last year proved that it wasn't a fluke. He doesn't have it anymore. It's over. Just like it was time for David Robinson, Sean Elliott and Avery Johnson to move on ... that time is coming for Big Shot Rob.

I don't mind him in spot minutes but I don't want him getting major minutes in fourth quarters. He doesn't rebound well enough to be effective and help win games. It's a damn simple concept.

Now run along and go make up stories about me, Shane.

?

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Meanwhile:

There is absolutely no other way to interpret that statement.

Except if you realize that I put the qualification that he is done if he doesn't rebound. Which was true. However, he started rebounding, which allowed him to play in fourth quarters, which let him become even more of a legend. You just blindly supported him. I pointed out what he needed to do better ... which turned out to be the turning point in his season.

And let's pretend for a second that I indeed gave up on Horry. Name me a Spurs front office member, coach, owner or fan who hasn't given up on Horry at some point or another. Just one. I'd love to hear it.

This season, I was Horry's biggest supporter while you were finding ways to erase his salary from the books. Why don't you call out all those people who were bashing Horry all year?

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh and as for my last bit of rightness...

Finley, choking, in the finals.

I was 100% right about that.

He sat there and pulled an all time choke and no one even acknowledges it.

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Quoted once more for emphasis:

Dumb@ss, Horry was one of my favorite players of all-time ... even before he was on the Spurs. When the Spurs signed him, I was ecstatic. I thought that it was a fluke that he choked in the playoffs against the Spurs.

But last year proved that it wasn't a fluke. He doesn't have it anymore. It's over. Just like it was time for David Robinson, Sean Elliott and Avery Johnson to move on ... that time is coming for Big Shot Rob.

I don't mind him in spot minutes but I don't want him getting major minutes in fourth quarters. He doesn't rebound well enough to be effective and help win games. It's a damn simple concept.

Now run along and go make up stories about me, Shane.

?

Fixed your bolding.

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh and as for my last bit of rightness...

Finley, choking, in the finals.

I was 100% right about that.

He sat there and pulled an all time choke and no one even acknowledges it.Because every other shooter on the team choked as well. Those who watched the Finals saw the Cavs strictly guarding the three point lines.

And :lmao @ the last bit of rightness. This coming from a guy who predicted Cavs in 5 and that a team with Finley getting more minutes than Barry wouldn't win the championship.

L
M
A
O

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:40 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1867922&postcount=15

I've never said that it was a good trade and I've never supported it.You've said you understand the trade and listed reasons why it made sense. At first you said it didn't make sense. So yeah, "understanding" it more is a way of supporting it.

:wtf
Re-read what I've said :
"timvp hating the trade has more to do with Butler than Scola."
I've never said that you was for giving Scola away.In that thread, I said giving away Butler would be a mistake. I think it was. But you are acting as if I said giving away Scola wouldn't be a mistake. When the truth is I think giving away Scola is an even bigger mistake.

Question : what deal hate you more ? Scola + Beno for nothing or Butler + first round pick for nothing ?Scola + Beno for nothing I'd hate a lot worse ... not even close.

whottt
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Fixed your bolding.

You said he was done.

Oh...and you don't tell Robert Fucking Horry to rebound...Robert Fucking Horry will rebound when he's damn good and ready and IF, and when, he deems it necessary to win a title.

Asking Robert Horry for mere statistical production is like asking Van Gough to paint your garage...by saying, "PAINT".

It was that kind of attitude and insensitivity to the genius that is Robert Horry that earned Danny Ainge a towel in the face.

You don't tell Robert Horry what to do...you ask him what he thinks is necessary to win.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Scola + Beno for nothing I'd hate a lot worse ... not even close.

Strange...
Either you have your mind on Jackie "the best Spurs free agent signing since they got Bruce Bowen for the minimum back in the summer of 2001" Butler or on Luis "it's becoming more and more obvious that the Spurs can't justify making him the richest second round draft pick of all-time" Scola.

timvp
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
You said he was done. ... if he didn't start rebounding.

You still haven't answered my other questions. Who associated with the Spurs hasn't given up on Horry at one time or another? Why don't you call out those who gave up on Horry this year? How did you enjoy the Cavs' championship parade? How are you going to spend your fantasy baseball winnings?

Thanks.

timvp
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Strange...
Either you have your mind on Jackie "the best Spurs free agent signing since they got Bruce Bowen for the minimum back in the summer of 2001" Butler or on Luis "it's becoming more and more obvious that the Spurs can't justify making him the richest second round draft pick of all-time" Scola.Butler was a good signing. High upside gotten for a low price tag. Problem is, things changed over the course of the year.

-Butler got bigger. Didn't come into camp in good shape and that was the wrong way to start a career as a Spur.

-The league got smaller. True centers like Butler are worth less today than they are the summer after the Heat won the championship.

-Oberto excelled. He cemented his place as center. You know, Oberto, the player you said should be traded last summer :)

-Spurs drafted Splitter and Mahinmi had to come over this summer. That was two more center prospects to add to the mix. Perhaps if Mahinmi would have played better in Europe and the European teams actually wanted to keep him, there would have been more room for Butler.

Things change. A good signing could go bad even with the best intentions. Do I think Butler should have been given away? No. Do I think giving him away is more of a mistake than giving away Scola? No. Scola could have stayed in Europe another year while not taking up a roster spot or costing any money. That's a pretty significant different between him and Butler.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 07:19 PM
TimVP's mode of argument

TimVP: You never admit you are wrong

Whottt: I might be wrong

TimVP: You changed your stance!
I'm pretty much with timvp in this argument, but that was excellent.

Now, show me where you said you might be wrong again?

Bruno
09-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Butler was a good signing. High upside gotten for a low price tag. Problem is, things changed over the course of the year.

-Butler got bigger. Didn't come into camp in good shape and that was the wrong way to start a career as a Spur.

-The league got smaller. True centers like Butler are worth less today than they are the summer after the Heat won the championship.

-Oberto excelled. He cemented his place as center. You know, Oberto, the player you said should be traded last summer :)

-Spurs drafted Splitter and Mahinmi had to come over this summer. That was two more center prospects to add to the mix. Perhaps if Mahinmi would have played better in Europe and the European teams actually wanted to keep him, there would have been more room for Butler.

Things change. A good signing could go bad even with the best intentions. Do I think Butler should have been given away? No. Do I think giving him away is more of a mistake than giving away Scola? No.

Translation : timvp was wrong about Butler.

Scola could have stayed in Europe another year while not taking up a roster spot or costing any money. That's a pretty significant different between him and Butler.

Do you think that Spurs could have gotten more for Scola next summer ?

Scola will have cost $7M instead of $10M to a team but he would be one year older. I'm not sure that Scola trade value would have been higher next summer or that Spurs would have sign him with Bonner, Oberto, Splitter and Mahinmi.

And by keeping him you add two risks :
Scola having a serious injury while playing in Europe and Scola signing a long term contract in Europe.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I would like to know where I said trading Butler bothers me more than trading Scola. :smokin

First, it bother you to trade Scola while you have said that he wasn't worth his $10M. So, it bother you that another team overpay for Scola.

Second, you have suggested a Beno+first round pick trade instead of a Scola+Buttler trade.
You say that Spurs could get an early second round pick for Scola and that Spurs shouldn't sign Scola for what he has asked so first round pick > Scola.
I see no other explication that the reason you hate so much the Scola trade is Butler.

timvp
09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Nicely done. I'll respond in a bit.

But remember, if something were to happen to timvp, it's up to you to keep whottt in line.

Thanks.

:hat

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
the Scola haters are just burning up inside, they have had NOTHING logical to say

anakha
09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
the Scola haters are just burning up inside, they have had NOTHING logical to say

I just hate repeating an older post of mine, but...

Pot, kettle, black. :lmao

saporvida
09-06-2007, 02:40 AM
losing scola aint such a big deal considering i was part of the youth who had to grow up watching the spurs lose yr in and yr out during the early 90's. i could think of worse things that happened to my team then losing a euro player who hasn't proven shit yet in the nba.