PDA

View Full Version : NBA Ref Bob Delaney The First Ref To Exploit Gambling Scandal

spurscenter
09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
lll

Spurminator
09-04-2007, 11:13 AM
The book should prove to be an interesting read because I would like to learn about how stupid the Mafia actually is to not think that a man named "Bobby Covert" was NOT a covert, undercover, agent trying to infiltrate them.

But that's just it! It's SO obvious, that it's actually perfect! Because that's what the Mafia was probably thinking too...

"I think Bobby's a little fishy, you? You think he's a mole?"

"Nahhh, his name's Covert. He's gotta be clean. No mole would be stupid enough to name himself Covert. Plus, he's always making those jokes about him actually being an undercover agent."

monosylab1k
09-04-2007, 11:16 AM
But that's just it! It's SO obvious, that it's actually perfect! Because that's what the Mafia was probably thinking too...

"I think Bobby's a little fishy, you? You think he's a mole?"

"Nahhh, his name's Covert. He's gotta be clean. No mole would be stupid enough to name himself Covert. Plus, he's always making those jokes about him actually being an undercover agent."
:lol
"Guys, remember that time Bobby wore that fake wire on his crotch claiming he was getting our drug deals on tape to build a case against us? What a joker!"

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I take exception with saying "Max Power" is a stupid name.

I mean, it's the name you love to touch and his name sounds good in your ear.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
I take exception with saying "Max Power" is a stupid name.

I mean, it's the name you love to touch and his name sounds good in your ear.
It's no Lance Uppercut, and it pales in comparison to Rock Strongo.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
It's no Lance Uppercut, and it pales in comparison to Rock Strongo.

But it is better than Handsome B. Wonderful.

Spurminator
09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Tits McGee is the name I like to touch.

Samr
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I just hope they don't screw up a good story with a poor writer. I've read about Bob Delaney's story and background as an undercover agent, and it was interesting to say the least. There's definitely enough meat there to fill a book and make it a top-seller, but it will really come down to the power of the words on the page. If it reads like crap, no one will read it.

No question the current ref scandal has made this the perfect timing, and I hope they take advantage of it with a good book to boot. It'll be interesting to see if this gains much attention on release date.

RonMexico
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
That name is worse than Ron Mexico or Max Power. If you're trying to go undercover, I'd think you really would not want to have "COVERT" as your name.

I have a wonderful undervocver name... you're pretty lucky you're a human...