PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams isn't a happy camper in Dallas

IceColdBrewski
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/f....9ad19dbf.html

Is the honeymoon over between Phillips, players?
Web Posted: 09/03/2007 02:47 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn
San Antonio Express-News

Wade Phillips could do no wrong during training camp.

He was the defensive mastermind who was going to bring the team out of the dark ages, the perfect antidote for a club beaten down by Bill Parcells' whip.

But in a matter of weeks, Phillips – in the eyes of some players – went from being the man with the golden touch to the guy behind the questionable decisions to cut Aaron Glenn and Junior Glymph.

"I'm ****ed off," safety Roy Williams said of Glenn being cut, a move that came at a time when the Cowboys are uncertain about cornerback Terence Newman's status for Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

Linebacker Bradie James questioned the wisdom of releasing Glymph while Greg Ellis remains out and rookie Anthony Spencer is struggling to master strongside linebacker after playing defensive end in college.

"I was surprised," James said of the Glymph whacking. "There were a few surprises in this 53 that came up. But, hey, they got the plan. It's my job to execute it."

Williams and James didn't mention Phillips by name, but everybody knows the buck stops with the head coach, especially one who basically coordinates the defense.

Phillips' stock, of course, will be on the rise again with a victory over the Giants. But if New York pulls off the upset at Texas Stadium, look for more unrest to build in what was once a harmonious locker room filled with nothing but love for Phillips.

monosylab1k
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM
that fatass needs to focus a little more on not getting his ass burned every week in coverage.

Trainwreck2100
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
that fatass needs to focus a little more on not getting his ass burned every week in coverage.

too bad they don't have Glenn to pick up the slack

mardigan
09-04-2007, 03:09 PM
too bad they don't have Glenn to pick up the slack
Ha, yea, cause 5 9' 35 year old corners are great in coverage
I have no problem with Glenn, i have more problems with the Glymph and Remi releases.
Doesnt this pussy know that thats what happens in football, players get cut.
im tired of Roy Williams, the Cowboys should have just cut him instead

samikeyp
09-04-2007, 03:14 PM
I like R-Dub but he needs to worry about his game and not what the coaches are doing.

TLWisfoine
09-04-2007, 03:36 PM

Um...Yeah!!!

monosylab1k
09-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Um...Yeah!!!
Did i say something false? If Roy was more than one biscuit away from being a linebacker and also gave a shit about more than just blowing up punters in the Pro Bowl, he might actually somewhat live up to his hype.

ducks
09-04-2007, 03:48 PM
yeah how dare a coach get on him
after all he is the great roy overrated williams
cut the asshole

TLWisfoine
09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
]Did i say something false?[/B] If Roy was more than one biscuit away from being a linebacker and also gave a shit about more than just blowing up punters in the Pro Bowl, he might actually somewhat live up to his hype.

Absolutely not!!! Agree 100%. You just said everything that I was going to say and I couldn't add on.

TLWisfoine
09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I like R-Dub but he needs to worry about his game and not what the coaches are doing.

Damn Sami, why on earth would you like that fat, gutless, slow crybaby? (Can you tell I don't particuraly care for him)

BeerIsGood!
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyone can question roster moves, but I'm not going to pretend that I know more about who should be on the team than the guy who works with them every day. The players on the 53 should just be happy that they have a spot, and keep their mouths shut and play. Despite what you think, it's crazy to criticize Phillips right now since he hasn't had the chance to put his plan in action yet. If the Cowboys start 5-2 is anyone really going to care that Glenn isn't on the roster? Roy needs to worry about doing his part on defense and performing on the field. Fucking Oklahoma pussies.

Obstructed_View
09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm pissed off that Roy still doesn't know how the fuck to wrap somebody up. Watching him bounce off a guy who runs an additional ten yards is getting old.

L.I.T
09-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Why wrap 'em up when you can rip them down from behind?

K-State Spur
09-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Lot of talk from a guy who - while loved by the media - may prove to be only the 4th best safety in his own division this year (if Landry is as good as advertised).

Bigzax
09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Lot of talk from a guy who - while loved by the media - may prove to be only the 4th best safety in his own division this year (if Landry is as good as advertised).

he is. :smokin

Obstructed_View
09-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Why wrap 'em up when you can rip them down from behind?
He only rips them down from behind after he gets burned in pass coverage. I'm talking about when he comes running in and smashes into a running back and bounces off while the guy goes on for extra yards. Roy has a nose for big plays, which is the only thing saving him at this point. He thinks he's Ronnie Lott, but somebody needs to tell him that Ronnie was rookie of the year runner up playing corner, and was moved to defense at USC because he was a great tackler.

BeerIsGood!
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
He thinks he's Ronnie Lott, but somebody needs to tell him that Ronnie was rookie of the year runner up playing corner, and was moved to defense at USC because he was a great tackler.

You can try to tell him, but with his Oklahoma backwoods miseducation I seriously doubt he'll understand. He has yet to understand the concept of "coverage" in the several years he's been here. The guy's a nickel LB getting paid like a superstar safety.

Obstructed_View
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
You can try to tell him, but with his Oklahoma backwoods miseducation I seriously doubt he'll understand. He has yet to understand the concept of "coverage" in the several years he's been here. The guy's a nickel LB getting paid like a superstar safety.
I'd much rather see him as a linebacker, but he's gotta learn how to tackle. I doubt anybody can teach him anything at this point. I hope I'm wrong, because he's got a lot of potential, and he could be really good in this system, especially if the corners are competent.

K-State Spur
09-05-2007, 03:40 PM
he is. :smokin

it's certainly a good sign that he picked up the defense well enough to start from the first preseason game on. none of the other recent first round rookies (even going back to champ bailey) have done that.

mardigan
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd much rather see him as a linebacker, but he's gotta learn how to tackle. I doubt anybody can teach him anything at this point. I hope I'm wrong, because he's got a lot of potential, and he could be really good in this system, especially if the corners are competent.
Hes lining up at safety in the nickel packages.
I just hope Hamlin can pull the extra weight.
I already think Hamlin>Williams and they havent played a game yet

TLWisfoine
09-06-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm pissed off that Roy still doesn't know how the fuck to wrap somebody up. Watching him bounce off a guy who runs an additional ten yards is getting old.

Real talk!!!

atxrocker
09-06-2007, 03:25 AM
am i the only one that noticed that the article edits the im pissed off phrase? wtf? :wtf

samikeyp
09-06-2007, 06:53 AM
I already think Hamlin>Williams and they havent played a game yet

I agree.

They should just move him to LB. :)

Whisky Dog
09-06-2007, 06:57 AM
How in the hell Roy Williams keeps going to the Pro Bowl while Terrence Newman doesn't is just a complete travesty. Newman is among the best and most consistent in the game and Roy is the exact opposite, all flash and no performance.

samikeyp
09-06-2007, 06:59 AM
How in the hell Roy Williams keeps going to the Pro Bowl while Terrence Newman doesn't is just a complete travesty. Newman is among the best and most consistent in the game and Roy is the exact opposite, all flash and no performance.

Good point. I am all about Cowboy players getting accolades but they need to deserve it and IMO, the last 2 years, Roy didn't.

K-State Spur
09-06-2007, 12:55 PM

agreed.

MajorMike
09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm sure he isn't a happy camper, but he is the NFL's most overrated camper, that's for certain.

I always thought of him as the exact opposite of Neon Deion; Sanders was amazing at coverage and suck at hitting; Williams is amazing at hitting and suck at coverage.

Slinkyman
09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Wade Phillips pissing his players off? no way he's never done this shit before :lol I'm only surprised he managed to do this before the season even started, he's definitely on top of his game this year.