Germany 79 - 49 Turkey
Spain 93 - 77 Latvia
Slovenia 70 - 52 Poland

Slomo
09-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Link to official website: http://www.eurobasket2007.org

Slomo
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Can somebody explain to me the FIBA point system?

Italy lost both games but has 2 points? Same with Poland?

What is next? We stop keeping score so we won't hurt any body's feelings?

angel_luv
09-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Does it have to do with tie breakers somehow?

Ozzy
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM

You always get one point for a loss. The only way to get no points is if the team doesn't show up ... Nothing more to it ...

Medvedenko
09-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Go Poland....ugh....my home country is getting worked over....oh well.

Slomo
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Go Poland....ugh....my home country is getting worked over....oh well.Loads of rookie mistakes - they need more experience.

Freeze
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM

1 Win = 2 pts
1 Loss = 1pt

Slomo
09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Geting points for losing doesn't strike you as odd?

timvp
09-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm contemplating ordering these games on mediazone.com. How is the quality? Any announcers?

This looks like it's going to be a nice tournament.

Freeze
09-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Geting points for losing doesn't strike you as odd?

Bah, that's just the way it works, and the most important is to compete :downspin:

Anyway, even with a rule 1win=1pt, 1loss=nothing, rankings would have been the same :p:

Flopper
09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Bah, that's just the way it works, and the most important is to compete :downspin:

Anyway, even with a rule 1win=1pt, 1loss=nothing, rankings would have been the same :p:

yup, it's just there to keep the losing team from feeling bad.

velik_m
09-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Come on, it's been like that for like - forever. If the team doesn't show up they get 0 points (and the game is registered as 20-0).

velik_m
09-05-2007, 12:16 AM
I would just like to add: the refs suck on this tournament. FIBA refs are getting worse every year.

Pero
09-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah man, it was "always" like that, also in different euro leagues, where have you been living? :lol

Timvp, AngelLuv and Ploto are watching it through media zone, you should ask them. It appears it's good though.

Pero
09-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Then again, they are bigger fans than you. :lol

Kibic
09-05-2007, 01:48 AM

Uppsss expert!? That suprise me. This is from mid 80-is. Before it was normal, 0-loss, 2-for win.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Then again, they are bigger fans than you. :lol
:lol but true.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Bigest dissapointment so far is Turkey and biggest upset is Germany in my opinion.
We are not so bad too, even without our 5 "star" players and regardless of our latest loss of Čapin. We will see what we can do against France. I hope Dragič can stay infront of Tony as he did in friendly game in Maribor. Yes I know it was just a friendly game but....

JPB
09-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Bigest dissapointment so far is Turkey and biggest upset is Germany in my opinion.
We are not so bad too, even without our 5 "star" players and regardless of our latest loss of Čapin. We will see what we can do against France. I hope Dragič can stay infront of Tony as he did in friendly game in Maribor. Yes I know it was just a friendly game but....

That's a tricky game for France. They beat Slovenia 3 times in friendly games and there's a possibility of incinscient superiority complex.
but I trust TP and NBA players to get the job done.

An underestimated player so far is Diawara for France. He hustles, makes 3, takes boards. I think it's a game for him tonight.

JPB
09-05-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm contemplating ordering these games on mediazone.com. How is the quality? Any announcers?

Don't know about the quality since I'm watching them on TV.

About the tournament :

Euro champs games are often bitter, tactical and close. Don't expect a lot of show (except with France :hungry: ) but rather pretty low scores.

But there's a lot of intensity cos every game is important.

The main interesting is that you have 6-7 teams that are close and that can realisticly get the crown.

And the intensity is growing up as the competion is advancing. (It's still the first round now). When you are in elimination games, intensity is at his highest and every possession is a little drama. The decision is often maid, or not, in the last minutes.

Kamnik
09-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Croatia is doing bad and Slovenia good in this tourny....

What more can we wish ;))

Pero
09-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah, but didn't you predict croatia and slovenia for third place? :lol

gus
09-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Best FIBA tournament in the world. Every team is competitive. In the world or the Olympics you'll have the Asian and African teams which are not good.

Gus

ducks
09-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Basketball: Parker leads France at European basketball championships

Web Posted: 09/04/2007 09:34 PM CDT

Paul Logothetis
Associated Press

MADRID, Spain — Tony Parker scored 36 points Tuesday, leading Group D leader France past Italy 69-62 and handing the Olympic runner-up its second loss at the European championship.

Parker scored 13 of France's first 17 points, but the Spurs star had only two more the rest of the first half. France, down by five at halftime, opened the second half with a 6-0 run to take its first lead, 37-36, when Parker made two free throws after Andrea Crosario drew a technical for slamming the ball into the base of the basketball pole.

Parker scored his team's next 10 points to give France a 47-41 lead, but as he sat for most of the final two minutes of the third quarter, Italy closed within 51-47. Italy scored six straight at start of the fourth to reclaim the lead. Tariq Kirksay hit a 3-pointer with three minutes remaining to put France ahead for good, 63-60.

Pau Gasol had 26 points and nine rebounds to lead world champion Spain over a stubborn Latvia side 93-77 in Sevilla, where Croatia (1-1) beat Portugal (0-2) 90-68 in another Group B game. Lithuania moved into the second round with a 95-75 win over Group C rival Czech Republic (0-2) before Germany (2-0) routed Turkey (0-2) 79-49 behind 24 points from Dirk Nowitzki.

At Granada, Serbia's Milan Gurovic banked in a three-pointer from inside half-court to force overtime against Greece, where the reigning champions stayed undefeated with a 68-67 win. Also in Group A, Russia won its second straight, dominating last-minute qualifier Israel 90-56.

Lithuania, which defeated Turkey by 16 points Monday, moved closer to the second round with a 95-75 win over Group C rival Czech Republic (0-2).

In the other Group D match, Slovenia (2-0) advanced with a 70-52 win over Poland.

The top three from each group move on to the second round of group play. That will decide the quarterfinals, which begin in Madrid on Sept. 13.

Three-time European champion Lithuania shot 63 percent to dominate a Czech team that lost to Germany in overtime Monday. Ksistof Lavrinovic scored 22 in less than 20 minutes for Lithuania.

Russia, which beat Serbia on Monday, seems eager to improve on its consecutive eighth-place finishes. American-born John Robert Holden lobbed a pass for Andrei Kirilenko to slam at 4:25 of the second period to give Russia a 32-21 lead. The Russians kept their double-digit lead the rest of the way.

Croatia looks set to clinch its place in the second round. Damir Markota scored 13 and four other players were in double figures.

Kamnik
09-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but didn't you predict croatia and slovenia for third place? :lol

I think my ego will be unhurt if we play someone else for the third place! :lol

Streakyshooter08
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I watched Germany- Turkey and I was really amazed how bad Turkey played. Okur was a complete non- factor. Kutluay and Ilyasova played bad as well. Looks like their chemistry is really bad.

I was also surprised that Italy lost both of their games. It will be interesting how the tournament goes on...

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Good luck to your team, Streaky. We will meet again (after Belgrade 05) in Madrid. Be prepared for ass wooping! ;) We will revenge that loss!

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM

The quality is good. No announcers now that you mention it- just the sound of fans. Feels like you are at the game. :)

This is my third year to watch this way. I really enjoy it.

Ozzy
09-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Darko Milicic completely lost it after Serbia lost to Greece in OT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaKk8vBiCPw

Probably only Spurstalk members from Slovenia (and other ex-Yugoslavia countries) will understand this, but maybe it's better that way. Basically it's just one swear word after another... (oriented towards the referees).

If anyone translates this to FIBA officials, he will probably get suspended for a game or two, if not even baned from the championship ...

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know if the refereeing was really that bad, but he sure picked the wrong way of commenting it.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Now I belive rumors were true. He is/was part of Serbian mafia. Donīt ask me for the link, becouse that were rumors.

Slomo
09-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Darko Milicic completely lost it after Serbia lost to Greece in OT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaKk8vBiCPw

Probably only Spurstalk members from Slovenia (and other ex-Yugoslavia countries) will understand this, but maybe it's better that way. Basically it's just one swear word after another... (oriented towards the referees).

If anyone translates this to FIBA officials, he will probably get suspended for a game or two, if not even baned from the championship ...

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know if the refereeing was really that bad, but he sure picked the wrong way of commenting it.Wow!!!!

I've seen/heard players meltdowns before but this is easily the worst one! Watched it twice because I couldn't believe he was really saying that stuff.

I had to smile a couple of times (after the reporter asks him to calm down) but when he actually threatens the refs family members (daughter) that took all the humour out of it.

He should be thrown out of the tournament for what he said in that video.

velik_m
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Eh, it was hardly any deviation from standard serbian talk.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I understand Darko a little bit after todaysī game against France. But we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway. :)

Slomo
09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Today's scores (so far):

Israel 87 - 83 Serbia
Lithuania 84 - 80 Germany
Portugal 77 - 67 Latvia
Slovenia 67 - 66 France

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I hope Turkey wins today. Come on Hedo! :)

ata
09-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I hope Turkey wins today. Come on Hedo! :)
I don't know what to wish for. Winner of Turkey/Chech game will be next Slovenian oponent on Saturday. Do we want Hedo or Jiri?

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't know what to wish for. Winner of Turkey/Chech game will be next Slovenian oponent on Saturday. Do we want Hedo or Jiri?

Who is best for Slovenia to play match up wise?

When it comes to Slovenia, Hedo has to lose. ( Sorry Hedo!)

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
It would be nice if Hedo could get a win today before losing to us on Saturday.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Who is best for Slovenia to play match up wise?

When it comes to Slovenia, Hedo has to lose. ( Sorry Hedo!)
Well, we are able to win against almost all teams, but in other hand we can lost to really anyone. So it doesnīt really matter who will be our next opponent.

velik_m
09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, we are able to win against almost all teams, but in other hand we can lost to really anyone. So it doesnīt really matter who will be our next opponent.

Yeah but we have some unfinished business with Turkey...

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah but we have some unfinished business with Turkey...

Then I say, let's beat them big time. :)

Remind me what they did to us.

velik_m
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
WC Japan.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Greece lost against Russia :spin

Baring a surprise, Group E standings should be :
1. Spain
2. Russia
3. Greece
4. WGAF

Finishing 3rd in the group F will be better than finishing 2nd.
The 3rd team will have an easier quarter final than the 2nd one (Greece>Russia) and an easier Semi final (Spain>team X)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some tanking...

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Well Bruno it seems like Croatia will upset Spain. 77-70 Cro, with 7 mins to go.

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
And Cro was down by 15+ in first half.

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 04:04 PM
WC Japan.

I thought we lost a heart breaker to China at the buzzer and then lost in the elimination round to Germany.

Must be mixing up my tournaments. :dizzy

All I remember from WC Japan is not sleeping since I was up at all hours watching games. :)

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Well 11-0 run by Spain :lol

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Croat Tomas hit 3 pointer with 3 sec to go. Cro +1 !

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Croatia won!!!

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Well I donīt like Croatia, but I hate Spain, becouse they fucked up Croatia in Belgrade 2005 with huge help from the refs.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Wasn't Spain on something like a 27 or 28 win game streak ?

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Group E :
Russia : 2-0
Croatia : 2-0
Spain : 1-1
Greece : 1-1
Israel : 0-2
Portugal : 0-2

Group F :
Lithuania : 2-0
Slovenia : 2-0
Germany : 1-1
France : 1-1
Italy : 0-2
Turkey : 0-2

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes they were on 29 game win streak.

Bruno
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
The second round will be great.

Russia, Croatia, Spain and Greece should get in quarter final but the big question will be in what order. Israel and Portugal are weaker.

The group F is even more open. Lithuania seems slightly better than other teams but the other 5 teams are damn close.

Euro is for sure the most interesting competition outside the nba.

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Hedo won! :)

Streakyshooter08
09-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Good luck to your team, Streaky. We will meet again (after Belgrade 05) in Madrid. Be prepared for ass wooping! ;) We will revenge that loss!

Thanks.:) I am actually really surprised Germany played that well up to this point. They could have won against Lithuania if they played a little smarter. It will be interesting to see. Their strengh is defense. On offense there are a lot better teams than Germany...

velik_m
09-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Croatia has a really nice offensive flow in a game against Israel.

Slo spurs fan
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
LOL Croatia lost to Israel!!! 80-75

Slo spurs fan
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
OMFG, two days after thay beat world champions Spain, they lost to qualifier Israel. They also lost to Latvia in the 1st round. They will catch us up in games lost to far inferior teams.

velik_m
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
poor D from Croatia.

Interesting: Israel beat Bosnia and Macedonia in qualifying, took out Serbia in group stage and now beat Croatia. Ex-Yu killers.

velik_m
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
They will catch us up in games lost to far inferior teams.

No, we're still far ahead.

Slo spurs fan
09-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I hope we will met them in finals. There we could lost. I donīt care if we get silver or gold. :)

ducks
09-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Nowitzki, Parker to meet in next round
Associated Press, Updated 2 hours ago STORY

MADRID, Spain (AP) - The European Basketball Championship is living up to its billing as one of the most competitive in history.

Thank its NBA players for that.
After a first round of buzzer-beaters, comebacks and surprising exits, the 12 remaining squads travel to Madrid on Thursday to prepare for the second stage of group play, vying for a spot in the quarterfinals.

Five of the top six leading scorers are NBA players, with Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki leading the way with 29 points per game. Nowitzki will face San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker - who is second in scoring with 25.7 points - when Germany plays France on Saturday in Group F.

Parker missed a game-tying free throw with two seconds left in Wednesday's 67-66 loss to Group D winner Slovenia, but the NBA Finals MVP has shaken off the inconsistency he showed two years ago, when France took bronze.

Lithuania, which won Group C ahead of Germany and Turkey, has emerged as a serious contender.

The 2003 champions are racking up the best team statistics in the tournament so far, leading in points scored per game (88.3), 3-point percentage (42.6), total rebounds (40.3) and assists (15.3).

"Over the past three days we've come together as a team," said Golden State Warriors guard Sarunas Jasikevicius, who leads the tournament with seven assists per game while adding 14.3 points. "As long as we keep improving, we have a chance to do something."

Lithuania opens the next stage against Italy in Group F. The Italians beat Poland on Wednesday to avoid early elimination.

Toronto Raptors center Andrea Bargnani has improved with each game for Italy, scoring 19 points against Poland, while guard Marco Belinelli of the Golden State Warriors has averaged 14 per game.

World champion Spain saw a 28-game unbeaten streak come to an end with its 85-84 loss to Croatia.

Though Spain coach Pepu Hernandez said the loss "wasn't so important," Memphis Grizzlies center Pau Gasol likened it to a wake-up call.

"We can't believe that we're going to win by just showing up," Gasol said. "We have to go out and give 100 percent, because no one is unbeatable."

Spain opens Group E on Friday against Greece in a rematch of last year's world championship final, which Spain won 70-47.

Also on Friday, Portugal plays unbeaten Russia, which has been led by Andrei Kirilenko.

The Utah Jazz forward has averaged a double-double (17 points, 14 rebounds) through three Russian wins, adding two blocks per game.

Israel plays Croatia on Friday after its 87-83 win over Serbia handed the Serbs their earliest exit from the European Championship in 60 years.

The loss has been labeled a "disaster" by media back home, with coach Zoran Slavnic offering his resignation.

"We fell psychologically and morally while (Israel) could do anything they wanted to," Minnesota Timberwolves guard Marko Jaric said. "I am sorry, but life goes on."

Also in Group F, Turkey plays Slovenia.

First-round results against fellow qualifiers carry over, with the top four from each group moving into the quarterfinals, which begin on Sept. 13.

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Lithuania opens the next stage against Italy in Group F. The Italians beat Poland on Wednesday to avoid early elimination.

Toronto Raptors center Andrea Bargnani has improved with each game for Italy, scoring 19 points against Poland, while guard Marco Belinelli of the Golden State Warriors has averaged 14 per game

I have the game on. :)

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Italy needs to man up. Come on guys!

Kamnik
09-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Italy needs to man up.

Italian men arent exactly famous for being very manly....
:p:

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Italian men arent exactly famous for being very manly....
:p:

Just as well. I prefer Slovenians anyway. :)

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 12:44 PM
:lol They're playing " Kiss me" for the half time break.

Italy playing much better. :) I hope A.B. has an awesome second half to win the game.

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 01:35 PM
This turned out to be a game. Come on Italy.

themvp
09-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Score?

angel_luv
09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Italy lost by five, I believe.

velik_m
09-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Portgual does good job for Croatia once again.

velik_m
09-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Greece wins over Croatia with a buzzer beater.

Bruno
09-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Greece only win by 3. They will be at best 3rd in their group.
It means that the 1st or 2nd team will have to play against Greece.

velik_m
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Greece only win by 3. They will be at best 3rd in their group.
It means that the 1st or 2nd team will have to play against Greece.

The way they play, that's still better than playing versus Russia or Spain.

Bruno
09-09-2007, 02:03 PM
The way they play, that's still better than playing versus Russia or Spain.

I rather see France playing against Russia or Croatia than Greece.
Maybe Greece aren't playing well for the moment but they are French NT nightmare for years.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Spanoulis hits 3 pointer at buzzer for win for Greece.

Greece team has purposely position itself to play France because they have owned France for so long.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Spanoulis buzzer beater. He drive full court two crossovers, ankle breaker then pullup 26 footer for win. Spurs needs to bring him back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZtf_lr_es

Bruno
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Greece team has purposely position itself to play France because they have owned France for so long.

:rolleyes
They aren't really in position to play France.

Pero
09-09-2007, 03:22 PM
It wasn`t exactly an ankle breaker. Planinic (I think) slipped. But great shot! :)

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
It wasn`t exactly an ankle breaker. Planinic (I think) slipped. But great shot! :)

So you make defender fall down when you change dribble it's not ankle breaker?

Please explain, in Greece this considered ankle breaker.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
They aren't really in position to play France.

You think Lithunania beat France even with Sabas hurts?

Bruno
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Even if France beat Lithuania tomorrow, it doesn't mean that they will play Greece.
Teams in the group F have still 2 games to play, it's too soon to calculate who will play against who.

Freeze
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
with 1.42 remaining Spain 78 - 67 Russia

Edit : end of game, Spain by 12

That the point, you need to make it, here it seems more that the defender slipped when he wanted to stop running.
But indeed, the shoot is awsome :clap

France is an inconsistant team and have off nights in every tournament these last year... 2005 is a good example :
a mediocre 1st round 2L (Greece, Slovenia) 1W (Bosnia)
Then they defeat the world champion playing with homecourt advantage : Serbia.
Easy winn against Lithuania in quarterfinals
In Semi thay have lost by one against Greece because they couldn't hit a FT in the final minutes
In the game for the bronze, they destroyed Spain by 30...

Talented, but inconsistant team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Even if France beat Lithuania tomorrow, it doesn't mean that they will play Greece.
Teams in the group F have still 2 games to play, it's too soon to calculate who will play against who.

But you don't think most likely it will beat Greece vs. France?

Personal I hope very much see Parker go against Papaloukas, Diamantidis, and Spanoulis.

You do not think this be amazing match up to see?

Maybe too after game Parker can ask Spanoulis to come back again after this year.

I relly believe Spurs have greatest guard rotation in world if they have Parker/Manu then Kill Bill backs them up.

Pero
09-09-2007, 04:20 PM

It just looked like Planinic slipped to me. Maybe it was because of the crossover, or maybe the floor was wet. In any case it doesn`t matter. :)

Freeze
09-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe too after game Parker can ask Spanoulis to come back again after this year.

I relly believe Spurs have greatest guard rotation in world if they have Parker/Manu then Kill Bill backs them up.

Spurs will never pay a 5M$ buyout for any player. And you would like them to do it for a backup ?!?
:downspin:

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Spurs will never pay a 5M$ buyout for any player. And you would like them to do it for a backup ?!?

Have you watch tournament?

Even some of my American friends admit so far he has better defense than any NBA player way he plays.

Steve Nash can be shut down by Spanoulis.

You see Diamantidis defense?

I huge fan of Bruce Bowen, but compares with Diamantidis he poor defender.

Spurs never have to worry about Nash again they have defender like Spanoulis or Diamantidis for him.

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Are you on crack, kill bill pana?

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM

Also he has $4.85 million buyout but he also has player option. So it depend on how much Spurs offers.

See what I mean?

Spurs offers $4.85 million for 2 years same he get for last two years from Panathinaikos) and he opt out after one year and join Spurs.

So it based on what Spurs willing to pay. Billy say he never again take less money to play in NBA after dealing with Van Gundy. He also tells me though Lindsey and Buford tells him money and spaces on Spurs open after next year.

So it up to Spurs, Billy can opt out after this year but he not coming for less than $4.85 million for over 2 years .

Sp Spurs could offer him 2 year deal at $2.425 million per year and he could opt out and join.

Billy cannot join Spurs again for 3 years if he not opt out BEFORE option clause because buyout equal $4.85 million.

Understands?

So Billy realisitic he stay for 3 years unless Spurs offers his contract BEFORE player clause come up with Greens which be next August.

Billy realize no way Spurs pay that buyout, but also Spurs does tell him based on what happen next year IF they still wants him they offer him money BEFORE player clause opt out with Greens expire.

So what I say is, IF Parker force issue Billy be Spur NEXT YEAR.

If not Billy probably just stay in Athens.

Freeze
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Have you watch tournament?

Even some of my American friends admit so far he has better defense than any NBA player way he plays.

Steve Nash can be shut down by Spanoulis.

You see Diamantidis defense?

Spurs never have to worry about Nash again they have defender like Spanoulis or Diamantidis for him.

That's not the point, Spurs Organisation won't pay a 5M $ buyout, ask your American friends, and look at Scola's example.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you on crack, kill bill pana?

You even know Diamantidis?

He BETTER defender than Bruce Bowen.

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
You even know Diamantidis?

He BETTER defender than Bruce Bowen.
I see. You are on crack. I am Slovene, so I watch him every year. He is really good defender, BUT, please donīt compare him with Bruce.

ploto
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Who would have guessed when the tournament started that I could write the following words--

the only 2 undefeated teams left are Slovenia and Lithuania!

I don't know why people ae not paying more attention to Lithuania. Everyone is focused on Spain, Greece, Russia, France...

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Who would have guessed when the tournament started that I could write the following words--

the only 2 undefeated teams left are Slovenia and Lithuania!

I don't know why people ae not paying more attention to Lithuania. Everyone is focused on Spain, Greece, Russia, France...

I think Lithuania VERY good, but with Sabas hurt they not beat Greece or France coming up I think.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I see. You are on crack. I am Slovene, so I watch him every year. He is really good defender, BUT, please donīt compare him with Bruce.

I think Diamantidis have like 7 feet wingspan and much quicker than Bowen.

You realize he have freakish wingspan right?

He have as good as Bowen but more physical tools than Bowens. He just swarm over offense players like Spider as they say in Greece.

magic
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Spanoulis hits 3 pointer at buzzer for win for Greece.

http://dailymotion.alice.it/tag/++2007/video/x2xyit_spanoulis-greece-buzzer-beater-agai_sport

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I think Lithuania VERY good, but with Sabas hurt they not beat Greece or France coming up I think.
Sorry Billy, but the golden days of your Greece are over. Your team sucks this year. They beat poor and depleted Serbia in OT, depleted Croatia with buzzer-beater, lost to Russia and has been demolished by Spain. Your only good win is against "mighty" Israel. So donīt dream about beating Spain, Lithuania, Russia etc at all. And pass that what you are smoking.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Sorry Billy, but the golden days of your Greece are over. Your team sucks this year. They beat poor and depleted Serbia in OT, depleted Croatia with buzzer-beater, lost to Russia and has been demolished by Spain. Your only good win is against "mighty" Israel. So donīt dream about beating Spain, Lithuania, Russia etc at all. And pass that what you are smoking.

Well our best 2 big players not playing. Starting PF Fotsis (team's 2nd lead scorer after Spanoulis and best 3 point shooter) and Sofo starting C and best post scorer both out.

So I think Greece proves so far how good they are to win without starting PF and starting C and two best big players and two best big player scorers.

But even with this problem we surely can beat Russia. We surely can beat Croatia again. We sure can beat Lithuania, Germany, even France and yes we can beat Slovenia or any others except Spain.

Spain main problem we have because we not have Fotsis he about 6-11 240 and we not have Sofoklis he about 6-9 340 when he play but he get too 400 pounds and he not play now.

I think I have good kg to pounds there. Fotsis gain weight from NBA days like 10 kilo probably.

Even without 2 starters Greece 2nd best team in tournament.

So we maybe not beat Spain because starting PF and C not playing, but I still not count team out though. Spain bad match up but some team could beat Spain maybe, depend on how match up goes.

Greece much better team than before. People not realize players like Fotsis, Diamantidis, Sofo, and especially Spanoulis getting better.

Spanoulis already best Greek player ever and he just turn 25, he just look better every tournament, every year even though he not play a whole year he still get better.

magic
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Spanoulis already best Greek player ever

:nope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93qc8EzsohM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94X7oyzlfeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PYutPDp3cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKjvNVidNw

Pero
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Who is hurt?

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
When exactly was Sofoklis your starting center?

And I wonīt mention how depleted are Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia. It would be to long post.

Your team is strong only on paper. They showed nothing so far. Yes your team can beat aforementioned teams, but not on this tournament, because your players donīt act like humble hard workers anymore. They act like superstars and plays without any organization in offensive and without ferocious defense, like they played in past.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
When exactly was Sofoklis your starting center?

And I wonīt mention how depleted are Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia. It would be to long post.

Your team is strong only on paper. They showed nothing so far. Yes your team can beat aforementioned teams, but not on this tournament, because your players donīt act like humble hard workers anymore. They act like superstars and plays without any organization in offensive and without ferocious defense, like they played in past.

Sofo given starting center for this Eurobasket but coach make point he only get to play if he lose weight.

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 05:25 PM
He was never your starting center, so donīt say Greece miss their starting center.
And he is one big, fat Mofo. I understand your coach Yanakis.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
:nope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93qc8EzsohM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94X7oyzlfeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PYutPDp3cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKjvNVidNw

Spanoulis only 25.

He already IS best Greek player ever.

By time he gets to 28 or so no other Greek player touches him.

Spanoulis in Greece:

First year Maroussi take scrub team to league title game.

First year ULEB Cup take scrub team to title game.

He all ULEB and all Greek. He lkead team in scoring and assists off bench.

He 2nd lead scorer 2nd assists Greek league and ULEB Cup league his 2nd year ULEB CUP with Maroussi. He 6th man of year. He lead team in scoring and assists off bench.

He signs with European powerhouse since final four days of Euroleague Panathinaikos.

He has team win Greek League and Greek Cup. He lead team in scoring OFF BENCH. He all Greek.

FIRST YEAR Euroleague, he 10th in MVP, he all Euroleague 2nd team to Papaloukas (MVP of Euroleague, Scola for example just MVP of Spain)

He twice MVP of week. He rookie of year, he 7th place FIBA European player of year. Looks at list, Parker and Dirk and Pau for example also on list.

He does this ROOKIE YEAR

Worlds 2006 he leads Greece in scoring for tournament off bench, they get silver medal. He leads Greece with 22 points in win against US off bench.

2007 Eurobasket he lead team in steals, assists, scoring OFF BENCH.

He just 25. You look at where Gallis, Diamantidis, Giannakis, Alvertis, Papaloukas, Ntikoudis at when they age 25.............

you compares them as rookies in ULEB Cup or Euroleague you compares them international level at this age............

not even close Spanoulis biggest talent in basketball Greece ever have.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
He was never your starting center, so donīt say Greece miss their starting center.
And he is one big, fat Mofo. I understand your coach Yanakis.

He was. Coach name him starter and only say he must get down to 340 pounds. He not so he stay off team, but he ALREADY named starter.

Freeze
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Spanoulis only 25.

He already IS best Greek player ever.

By time he gets to 28 or so no other Greek player touches him.

Spanoulis in Greece:

First year Maroussi take scrub team to league title game.

First year ULEB Cup take scrub team to title game.

He all ULEB and all Greek. He lkead team in scoring and assists off bench.

He 2nd lead scorer 2nd assists Greek league and ULEB Cup league his 2nd year ULEB CUP with Maroussi. He 6th man of year. He lead team in scoring and assists off bench.

He signs with European powerhouse since final four days of Euroleague Panathinaikos.

He has team win Greek League and Greek Cup. He lead team in scoring OFF BENCH. He all Greek.

FIRST YEAR Euroleague, he 10th in MVP, he all Euroleague 2nd team to Papaloukas (MVP of Euroleague, Scola for example just MVP of Spain)

He twice MVP of week. He rookie of year, he 7th place FIBA European player of year. Looks at list, Parker and Dirk and Pau for example also on list.

He does this ROOKIE YEAR

Worlds 2006 he leads Greece in scoring for tournament off bench, they get silver medal. He leads Greece with 22 points in win against US off bench.

2007 Eurobasket he lead team in steals, assists, scoring OFF BENCH.

He just 25. You look at where Gallis, Diamantidis, Giannakis, Alvertis, Papaloukas, Ntikoudis at when they age 25.............

you compares them as rookies in ULEB Cup or Euroleague you compares them international level at this age............

not even close Spanoulis biggest talent in basketball Greece ever have.

Off the bench but with the biggest playing time :spin

Nice to read a greek homer here :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Off the bench but with the biggest playing time :spin

Nice to read a greek homer here :lol

No he NEVER lead team in play time.

Not even this tournament. You bother with facts here?

I thinks Spurs fans needs be more factual. They always more factual than Rockets or Maverick fans but lately they seem just as bad at not having facts.

Freeze
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
He was. Coach name him starter and only say he must get down to 340 pounds. He not so he stay off team, but he ALREADY named starter.

And France is playing without Pietrus, Gelabale, Petro, Jeanneau, Mahinmi, Noah,... all starters before Bergeaud decided they were not selected or injured, or haven't got their passeport yet :spin

Freeze
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
No he NEVER lead team in play time.
Not even this tournament. You bother with facts here?

2nd greek PT currently....

Pero
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM

How much does Sofoklis weigh now?

And again, who is injured in Lithuania team? Did you mean Sarunas?

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
How much does Sofoklis weigh now?

And again, who is injured in Lithuania team? Did you mean Sarunas?

400 pounds. He is 6-9 without shoes and like 400 pounds by Greek press report.

Yes Sarunas I thought he hurtes his I don't know how spell hamstrings?

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
2nd greek PT currently....

Yes, not first as you implys.

Actually he gets only 28.6 minutes hardly much at all compared to many other players.

He gets same PT as many other "stars" in tournament he have much higher numbers. But with Greece he, Diamantidis, and Papaloukas won't all get so much minutes, so right now Diamantidis gets many minutes others 2 don't.

Like Spanoulis average 28.6 minutes

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/default.asp?cid=%7B2F4F3340-F4D9-47CF-97E8-4BFA48AD3FE7%7D&pageID=%7B1423B646-4477-42E2-94F9-F7809ED82B7F%7D&compID=%7BD166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2%7D&season=2007&statCat=Minutes

Pero
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
400 pounds. He is 6-9 without shoes and like 400 pounds by Greek press report.

Yes Sarunas I thought he hurtes his I don't know how spell hamstrings?

400 pounds!!! Holy Crap!!! :dizzy

Hamstrings is correct. I didn`t know he was hurt. And at first you said Sabas, so I wasn`t sure whether it was a typo or you meant someone else.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
400 pounds!!! Holy Crap!!! :dizzy

Hamstrings is correct. I didn`t know he was hurt. And at first you said Sabas, so I wasn`t sure whether it was a typo or you meant someone else.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=700478&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=12

yes picture there, Olympiakos and Clipper fans not happy either.

http://www.thrylos-fans.net/images/stories/basket/sofo-meta.jpg

Slo spurs fan
09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
He never,ever STARTED for Greek national team! NEVER! It doesnīt matter what he was named, it only matter what was his role in your team.

And becouse you didnīt answered to my questions, I am done. So is your team.

JPB
09-10-2007, 03:48 AM
I rather see France playing against Russia or Croatia than Greece.
Maybe Greece aren't playing well for the moment but they are French NT nightmare for years.

You're damn right but maybe it's time to break the malediction :ihit

Last time we lost vs them in 2005, we really gave them the game.

It's true that when Greece is hitting its trees like in the second half vs Croatia, then you're in big trouble.

But Croatia's D was not very smart. How many times did I see wide open 3's for Greece while they were red hot beyond the arc. :(

Slo spurs fan
09-10-2007, 04:20 AM
Croatian coach Repeša was stupid enough to call for zone defense all the second half.

Streakyshooter08
09-10-2007, 07:00 AM
I am really looking forward to tonights game against Slovenia. I really hope we will win, but I don't think it will happen. Hopefully it will be a great game...

JPB
09-10-2007, 07:03 AM
This is live or die for Germany tonight.

Slo spurs fan
09-10-2007, 07:34 AM
I am really looking forward to tonights game against Slovenia. I really hope we will win, but I don't think it will happen. Hopefully it will be a great game...
Canīt wait..... :hungry:

velik_m
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
This is live or die for Germany tonight.

No that will be against Italy on wednesday..

ploto
09-10-2007, 11:11 AM
TKY- Italy down to the wire!!

Hedo to the line-- 30 points already today...

TKY 70 Italy 68 20 seconds to go

Foul TKY-- free throws to Italy- 9 to go. Both good.

TKY misses 3 at the buzzer.

TKY 70 Italy 70 Overtime

ploto
09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
TKY blowing it...

Bruno
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks to Italy for this win, France NT is now qualified for the top 8.

Alain
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
France is going to finish 3rd and will play Russia while Slovenia will lose against Lithuania and then against Greece. :smokin

Slo spurs fan
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Thank you, Alain.

Slomo
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Thank you, Alain.:lol :tu

Bruno
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks to Italy for this win, France NT is now qualified for the top 8.

And thanks to Slovenia for beating Germany.

What has happened today is a perfect scenario for French NT, even the loss against Lithuania.

First, the last game of the group against Turkey is meaningless. Win or Loss, France will finish third. French players will be well rested for the Quarterfinal that will happen the next day.

Second and if Spain beat Israel tomorrow, France won't face Spain or Greece in Quarterfinal and they won't face Spain in Semifinal if they win the quarterfinal.

A quarterfinal against Croatia or Russia won't be easy at all, but it's the less worst case for France NT.

Alain
09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank you, Alain.

You're welcome.
But you should thank karma :stirpot:

angel_luv
09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
TKY- Italy down to the wire!!

Hedo to the line-- 30 points already today...

TKY 70 Italy 68 20 seconds to go

Foul TKY-- free throws to Italy- 9 to go. Both good.

TKY misses 3 at the buzzer.

TKY 70 Italy 70 Overtime

Oh no, Hedo lost?

And after such a game too! Poor Hedo! He's been awesome.

bigfish22
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry if I'm not lookin hard enough, but can anyone post the link to the Nesterovich/Turiaf video please? Thanks to whoever is helpful?

Slo spurs fan
09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Look harder.

Alain
09-11-2007, 03:41 AM
can anyone post the link to the Nesterovich/Turiaf video please?
Which one? (he did this hammer thing 3 times before being ejected for another foul)

Slo spurs fan
09-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Which one? (he did this hammer thing 3 times before being ejected for another foul)
Are you bitter or retarded?
He made 2 hard fouls on Turiaf and one nice and soft as kiss foul on Tony.

sendman
09-11-2007, 04:08 AM

Dude, just get over it! Your team did. Yesterday Smodiš got hammered much worst then your "rastaman" and you don't see people crying their eyes out all over the place.

And I thought Italians are drama queens!
:dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee

bigfish22
09-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Didn't mean to stir up controversey here. I was just wondering about the play where he ended up injuring Truiaf. How bout that video guys?

Dario
09-11-2007, 05:19 AM
I still cant get it how someone can come back on the court and play 15 minutes after he dislocates his shoulder. Drama queen or incredible toughness?

Alain
09-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Are you bitter or retarded?
Calling names, now... Serbian ancesters?

He made 2 hard fouls on Turiaf and one nice and soft as kiss foul on Tony.
I'm glad you admit there was at least 2 hard fouls. That mean Rasho should have been ejected during the first half (that would have spared us the homers crying about him being tossed on a soft foul).
And you're right as I remember now, the first hammer was delivered by Smodis on Weis earlier. Like Claude Bergeaud said: "Fortunately these were not on a guard, he could have been decapitated!"

I'm out of that anyway cause it's useless. Hope our favorites will meet again in final for another good wrestling show. :p:

Pero
09-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Yaaaaaawwwnnnn...

Kamnik
09-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Slovenian players this year (starting with Smodis) make hard fauls and generally play hard/strong defence. I respect them for that.

Unlike some other pussy like teams we had in the past.

Looks like even Rasho got some toughness of Smoki :D

sendman
09-11-2007, 07:17 AM

Like Claude Bergeaud said: "Fortunately these were not on a guard, he could have been decapitated!"

I'm out of that anyway cause it's useless. Hope our favorites will meet again in final for another good wrestling show. :p:

And then some heads will ROLL!
:spin :fight :spin :fight :spin :fight

Slo spurs fan
09-11-2007, 07:40 AM

I'm glad you admit there was at least 2 hard fouls. That mean Rasho should have been ejected during the first half (that would have spared us the homers crying about him being tossed on a soft foul).
Hard foul is not flagrant foul.
Your team is just a bunch of :dramaquee (except Tony ofcorse)

JPB
09-11-2007, 08:11 AM
And thanks to Slovenia for beating Germany.

What has happened today is a perfect scenario for French NT, even the loss against Lithuania.

First, the last game of the group against Turkey is meaningless. Win or Loss, France will finish third. French players will be well rested for the Quarterfinal that will happen the next day.

Second and if Spain beat Israel tomorrow, France won't face Spain or Greece in Quarterfinal and they won't face Spain in Semifinal if they win the quarterfinal.

A quarterfinal against Croatia or Russia won't be easy at all, but it's the less worst case for France NT.

CIA Bergeaud :lol

JPB
09-11-2007, 08:14 AM
It's true that with only two tickets for the olympics, avoiding Spain till the finale is a good thing, supposing we make the semi.

sendman
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
I have to say that there are only 3 strong candidates for medals this year:
Lithuania, Russia and Spain in no particular order.
Second group consist France, Slovenia and Greece.
Worst chances for a medal have Croatia and Italy (I think Germany won't make the final cut).

Pero
09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Is there any chance we get to play Israel or Portugal in the quarter-finals? :D

Pero
09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
It looks we will play Croatia or Greece, depending if we win or lose tomorrow. Either way it will be extremly difficult, I can't decide who I'd rather play against.

ploto
09-11-2007, 02:25 PM
It looks we will play Croatia or Greece, depending if we win or lose tomorrow. Either way it will be extremly difficult, I can't decide who I'd rather play against.
Croatia or Greece is preferable to Spain or Russia. :)

sendman
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
It's true that with only two tickets for the olympics, avoiding Spain till the finale is a good thing, supposing we make the semi.
If you think that France can beat Russia, then my friend, you are seriously delusional.

The other explenation for your strange behaviour can be: :smokin :drunk :jekka :married: :frying:

Alain
09-11-2007, 04:08 PM
If you think that France can beat Russia, then my friend, you are seriously delusional.
French players do as they were already talking about semifinal in the bus back to the hotel. :rolleyes

JPB
09-11-2007, 04:11 PM

The other explenation for your strange behaviour can be: :smokin :drunk :jekka :married: :frying:

What makes you so confident ?

Sorry but it's not unlikely at all.
I wouldn't say any of the two is favorite. It's elimination games and both teams have weapons to bring to the court.

If you look at past champs, teams that were good in the pool games were not necesseraly the ones who advanced. It's all about being there at the right time, when it counts.

Besides, Russia has an history of shoking in big games and France was in the last four , the last two euro champs so it's open.

But I'd be happy to read valuable arguments other than smilies. :toast

Pero
09-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Of course it's possible that France beats Russia, it won't be easy though, same for all games. Except whoever plays Spain maybe. And darn it, Israel lost. Was the last quarter 25:5? Ouch...

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't see why everyone thinks Greece is not longer so good. They just begin playing now.

sendman
09-12-2007, 02:19 AM
What makes you so confident ?

Sorry but it's not unlikely at all.
I wouldn't say any of the two is favorite. It's elimination games and both teams have weapons to bring to the court.

If you look at past champs, teams that were good in the pool games were not necesseraly the ones who advanced. It's all about being there at the right time, when it counts.

Besides, Russia has an history of shoking in big games and France was in the last four , the last two euro champs so it's open.

But I'd be happy to read valuable arguments other than smilies. :toast

That Russian team is on the mission! They are lightning fast, athletic, good shooters, with smothering defense. Simply they are better then the French team in every single aspect of the game. But don't take my word for it. Watch the game and see for yourself. Then you can praise me latter. :clap
Just to make things clear. I like French team better, and I would like to see you win. But it’s not going to happen.

velik_m
09-12-2007, 02:51 AM
That Russian team is on the mission! They are lightning fast, athletic, good shooters, with smothering defense. Simply they are better then French team in every single aspect of the game. But don't take my word for it. Watch the game and see for yourself. Then you can praise me latter. :clap
Just to make things clear. I like French team better, and I would like to see you win. But it’s not going to happen.

Russia is not all that. They went from under-rated to over-rated fast. I think French have 50-50 chance of beating them.

sendman
09-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Russia is not all that. They went from under-rated to over-rated fast. I think French have 50-50 chance of beating them.

Just watch and learn.

Bruno
09-12-2007, 06:11 AM
The underrating of Greece is kinda amazing. Tomorrow is the start of a new euro, it's win or go home now and Greece will be really hard to beat because they are true winners.
It's the same thing than Spurs, they weren't playing great during the regular season and people say that they were old and done. We know the result...
I don't think Greece will win it all because Spain is too strong but they will be fine. I'm quite happy to see France facing Russia instead of Greece. Even if Russia will be the favorite, I think that France has way more chances to beat Russia than to beat Greece.

Kamnik
09-12-2007, 06:46 AM
The underrating of Greece is kinda amazing. Tomorrow is the start of a new euro, it's win or go home now and Greece will be really hard to beat because they are true winners.
It's the same thing than Spurs, they weren't playing great during the regular season and people say that they were old and done. We know the result...
I don't think Greece will win it all because Spain is too strong but they will be fine. I'm quite happy to see France facing Russia instead of Greece. Even if Russia will be the favorite, I think that France has way more chances to beat Russia than to beat Greece.

Agreed.

Greece maybe plays at 90% in first 6 games because they are so succesful and their motivation isnt at full

Unlike Slovenia per say where all the players are there to proove something and give 110% in 6 first games.

In quarterfinals Greece is stronger than Russia for sure. (theoreticaly) They will play aggresive and fight like crazy for every ball.

So yeah... you face better chances against Russia than Greece.

sendman
09-12-2007, 07:27 AM

No my friend, they are not underrated, they are just over the hill! Don't tell me that they wanted to go to overtime against Serbs and that they deliberately won with buzzer beater against Croatia. Can you name one game where they looked half decent?

Pero
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
That game against Slovenia where they crushed us? Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet. :lol:

Pero
09-12-2007, 08:36 AM
And hopefully it won't happen at all. Maybe we play croatia.

velik_m
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Germany beats Italy and makes the 1/4 finals. They will play Spain.

ata
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
What a shity game that was, full of mistakes

Slo spurs fan
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Congrats Streaky.

Streakyshooter08
09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks! :) This game was absolutely horrible. It was really amazing that Germany won that game. Dirk was a non- factor and the whole team shot really bad. It was good that Italy was nervous as well. I am curious to see what Belinelli will be able to do in the NBA.

I think we won't have a shot at winning tomorrow but they still have the chance to qualify for the qualifying tournament next summer.

velik_m
09-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Marconato sucks, but what was worse for Italy (in entire tournament) is a really bad play by Basile. What happened to him?

ata
09-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Some trivia: exactly same teams are qualified for elimination games as two year ago.

DeusEx
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Lithuania Vs Slovenia

Ramunas Siskauskas led four players in double figures with 21 points as Lithuania over-powered Slovenia 80-61 to remain the only undefeated at the 2007 EuroBasket and set up a quarter-final showdown with Croatia.
Slovenia, who also came into the game with a perfect record, succumbed to Lithuania's overall size and depth, getting out-rebounded 44-22 while being out-scored 28-14 in the

Team leader Sarunas Jasikevicius did not play in the second half due to injury.
final 15 minutes.

The Slovenians will next face defending champions Greece in Friday's quarter-finals.
"We don't play a game over two quarters. We have to play a full 40 minutes. It's impossible to win a game in 10 or 20 minutes so we went step by step," said Siskauskas, who also added three rebounds and three assists.
"(In the second half) we didn't do anything really different but we improved our defense a bit from the first half and tried to do what works for us on offense. And the result shows it worked."
Darius Songalia had 17 points, Ksistof Lavrinovic scored 14 and Rimantas Kaukenas chipped in 11 points and four assists.

Lithuania's star play-maker Sarunas Jasikevicius didn't play in the second half due to a left hamstring problem and tallied two points, three rebounds and two assists in 15 minutes.
Jaka Lakovic paced the Slovenians with 15 points while Matjaz Smodis added 11 points in a losing effort.
"Lithuania is a very strong team and tonight they were simply better than us. In some situations we didn't react well. We stayed in the game until midway through the third quarter. Lithuania play team basketball, everybody is playing tough defense and strong offense," said Lakovic.
The game was highly intense but just as high in quality as well - at least until the Lithuanians showed their dominance in a battle of two of Europe's most efficient and balanced teams.
Despite some 1,000 Lithuanian fans seemingy turning Madrid's Telefonica Arena into a home match in Kaunas, Lithuania trailed 14-12 midway through the first quarter. But Ramunas Butautas's side held Slovenia scoreless for 2:30 and pushed ahead 21-14 on their way to a 26-18 lead after one period.
Slovenia worked hard defensively in the second quarter and were able to use an 11-4 run to cut the deficit to 30-29 with five minutes left in the half.

Lithuania still led 38-37 before Kaukenas and Siskauskas both drained long bombs for a 44-41 Lithuania lead at the break.
Slovenia began to run out of weapons and get worn down by the never-ending warehouse of defenders and scorers from the Lithuania bench.

A lay-up by Matjaz Smodis trimmed the deficit to 52-47 halfway through the third quarter but the Baltic powers went on an 11-2 run to open their first double-digit cushion and led 63-49 going into the fourth quarter.
Uros Slokar trimmed the margin to 63-53 but Lithuania reeled off seven straight points and would eventually increase the lead to 20 points in the final minute.

It seems the Liths are now 6-0. Anyone watch this game? I found it more than excellent.

ploto
09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Quarter-Final Round

Russia vs France
19:00

Spain vs Germany
21:30

Lithuania vs Croatia
19:00

Slovenia vs Greece
21:30

Top 2 not counting Spain qualify for the Olympics. Next 4 go to the extra Olympic Qualifying tournament next summer (12 teams compete for the last 3 Olympic spots). One team is out.

DeusEx
09-12-2007, 06:14 PM
My predictions for those games:

Russia Vs France Winner = Russia.
Spain Vs Germany Winner = Spain.
Lithuania Vs Croatia Winner= Lithuania (im rooting for :) )
Slovenia Vs Greece Winner= Slovenia (sorry greeks i hope you win but my logic tells me it will be Slovenian victory)

Pero
09-13-2007, 03:48 AM
From you fingers to god`s ears. :lol

angel_luv
09-13-2007, 11:40 AM
From you fingers to god`s ears. :lol

Amen. Hallelujah! :elephant :clap

DeusEx
09-13-2007, 01:53 PM
so far i was right, russia won vs france. What an amazing game eh guys ? that was crazy.

Jimmy1234
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Parker choked two free throws away in the last five seconds and Russia won.

Pero
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
One was on purpose.

ploto
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
RUS 75
FRA 71

Next up- Spain vs Germany

ploto
09-13-2007, 02:08 PM
One was on purpose.
but he missed the rim and only got backboard

velik_m
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Go Germany!

ploto
09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Clock still not working...

24 second clock not working, but will play

will ring bell at 8 seconds on shot clock
PA announcer announces 8 seconds!! :spin

Pero
09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
It looks like Germany is getting the same treatment from Spain like they did from Slovenia. Too bad, I was hoping Dirk would go nuts, score 70 and win the game. Then we would beat Greece and knock them out of the semi-finals. Well, hopefully the second part will come true at least. :lol

DeusEx
09-13-2007, 04:57 PM
second game came out to like i predicted in favor of Spain. I guess i shouldve bet money on these games eh ?

angel_luv
09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry France lost, for Tony's sake.

Streakyshooter08
09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Congrats Spain!

Well, I never believed that Germany had a chance to win it. But to go down like that really sucks. They have not 1 player who is able to knock down a shot on a regular basis. Garrett and Green are jokes, Femerling is too slow and even Okulaja has lost ist. Dirk disappeared completely in the 2nd half. The worst thing is that they are not able to bring the ball up against a press. It would be huge if they could be 7th to have the chance to qualify for the Olympics but even if they reach the tournament they likely won't win a game there with teams like France,.... also being there.

That said, it was disgusting how Gasol acted during the game. He was arrogant, complained for fouls and tryed to make players look stupid. I really hate something like that, he really showed no class.

Still looking forward to the other games.

Kamnik
09-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Congrats Spain!

Well, I never believed that Germany had a chance to win it. But to go down like that really sucks. They have not 1 player who is able to knock down a shot on a regular basis. Garrett and Green are jokes, Femerling is too slow and even Okulaja has lost ist. Dirk disappeared completely in the 2nd half. The worst thing is that they are not able to bring the ball up against a press. It would be huge if they could be 7th to have the chance to qualify for the Olympics but even if they reach the tournament they likely won't win a game there with teams like France,.... also being there.

That said, it was disgusting how Gasol acted during the game. He was arrogant, complained for fouls and tryed to make players look stupid. I really hate something like that, he really showed no class.

Still looking forward to the other games.

Agree about Gasol.

I have lots of respect for German team because they get really good results each year with the minimum talented players (at least most of them.

You fight hard and overachieve every year.

On the other hand there are some really really talented teams like Serbia, Turkey (maybe also Slovenia) who underachieve every single year.

So congratz for that and keep your heads up.

Streakyshooter08
09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks a lot Kamnik, those times are definetly over. After Dirk there is no chance that Germany will be successfull again. We have no talents and no future. Our 1st league has only few German players and those players don't even play a lot. It is sad to see that Baskeball has virtually no future over here. It will be interesting to see how this team will do after Nowitzki...

Good to have the NBA...:)

ploto
09-14-2007, 08:20 AM

I simply can not stand Gasol. To watch him whine in FIBA just he does in the NBA annoys me to no end.

velik_m
09-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks a lot Kamnik, those times are definetly over. After Dirk there is no chance that Germany will be successfull again. We have no talents and no future. Our 1st league has only few German players and those players don't even play a lot. It is sad to see that Baskeball has virtually no future over here. It will be interesting to see how this team will do after Nowitzki...

Good to have the NBA...:)

German system is completly fucked up. To have a star like Nowitzki and no young followers... Where is germany's youth team? In youth competitions you have serbia, spain, russia, france, lithuania... even slovenia - where is germany? When country like Bolgaria has a better youth team than you, it's time to take a really hard look at your youth programs.

Streakyshooter08
09-14-2007, 09:18 AM
German system is completly fucked up. To have a star like Nowitzki and no young followers... Where is germany's youth team? In youth competitions you have serbia, spain, russia, france, lithuania... even slovenia - where is germany? When country like Bolgaria has a better youth team than you, it's time to take a really hard look at your youth programs.

I absolutly agree. There is no real system. It is all about soccer over here. No money, no Basketball on TV, no good coaches only few talents with no perspective of playing a lot. It is sad true... There won't be any changes anytime soon. :depressed

Sorry for the off-topic.:)

ploto
09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Lithuania 74
Croatia 72

Sorry I missed it... :(

more missed free throws

ploto
09-15-2007, 08:59 AM
France got dominated by Croatia. 86-69

Croatia guaranteed spot in qualifying tournament. France to play loser of Slovenia-Germany for 7th place and that final spot in the qualifier next summer.

Slomo
09-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Is anybody watching GRE vs SPA?

Pretty ugly game...

Slomo
09-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Spain 82 - 77 Greece

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-15-2007, 02:00 PM
It again very clear.

Top teams in world

1. US
2. Argentina
3. Spain
4. Greece
5. Lithuania

These the great teams all can beat other and can win after this all other team are below. US team have 4 teams can beat them in 2008 Olympics.

Slomo
09-15-2007, 02:06 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/huh.jpg

Pero
09-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Lithuania is better than Greece IMO.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Lithuania is better than Greece IMO.

I guess we find out soon.

Slomo
09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Russia 86 - 74 Lithuania

It looks like KBP will have his wish.

Pero
09-15-2007, 04:46 PM

:lol Indeed.
But this is total crap, no team that I wanted managed to get in the finals (that is Slo. and Lit.). Now I'm with Russia and Kirilenko for MVP. Hopefully I didn't just jinx them. :lol

angel_luv
09-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I am rooting for Spain now, since I am a fan of Calderon and Jorge.

Pero
09-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Not that it mattered, but Germany beat Croatia.

Slomo
09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Lithuania takes Bronze!

Lithuania 78 : 69 Greece

Pero
09-16-2007, 02:17 PM

:)

Kamnik
09-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Damn.... 2 teams i dont like in finals. Cant root for anyone...

I liked Greeks and Lithuanians.

sendman
09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
That Russian team is on the mission! They are lightning fast, athletic, good shooters, with smothering defense. Simply they are better then the French team in every single aspect of the game. But don't take my word for it. Watch the game and see for yourself. Then you can praise me latter. :clap
:clap :clap :clap
YOU CAN PRAISE ME NOW! :smokin :smokin :danceclub

stéphane
Wow Stunning victory from Russia !!!
Congrats to AK47 he was huge for Russia...

ploto
Unbelievable end of championship game-- Russia wins by 1.

This has been the most amazing basketball tournament I have possibly ever seen!

Pero
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Our Slavic brothers won! :)

ploto
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
MVP of Eurobasket-- Andre Kirilenko

ploto
09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
So nice-- the commentator said that the 2 who were unfortunate not to make the All- tournament team were Khryapa and Rasho. :)

Kamnik
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I watched the game over the internet with russian comentators.... he used such funny words and sounds i had to laugh my way through most of the game! :lol

Great game, great tournament and i love the fact Spain didnt win it! I never like favourites. (except Spurs that is) :toast

Hemotivo
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Pero
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Now I'm with Russia and Kirilenko for MVP. Hopefully I didn't just jinx them. :lol
I guess I didn't. Well that's something at least. :lol

Pero
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Well they barely overcame France.,

sendman
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Well they barely overcame France.,
Pero, you are starting to sound stupid.
Spain lost to Croatia, so what?
We led against Greeks by 16...5 to go, so what?
Slovenia has 6-3 win loss record and is 7th,
Croatia has 3-6 record and is 6th, SO WHAT?

Bodies are counted at the end. Russia won, and Frenchies are 8tht.

Hemotivo
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.marca.com/elementosPortada/fotosPortada/2007/09/16/gasol_triste160907.jpg
PRICELESS

Pero
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
And I'm not disputing that. But the way you made it sound was like France doesn't have a chance and that Russia will blow them out, which didn't happen. It's true though, it doesn't matter.

Pero
09-16-2007, 04:48 PM
What did Kirilenko average in the tournament?

sendman
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
What did Kirilenko average in the tournament?
http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.teamID_381.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9l e2.season_2007.roundID_5169.playerID_24490.html

Kamnik
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Slovenia has 6-3 win loss record and is 7th,
Croatia has 3-6 record and is 6th, SO WHAT?
[/B]

Hey funny fact. I didnt think about it before. :p:

Pero
09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid_BqypGFJPHy-Nw4lwIAq,v3.teamID_381.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9l e2.season_2007.roundID_5169.playerID_24490.html

Thanks.
Does anyone know if Holden speaks Russian? I'm curious. :lol

loveThe23
09-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Are my serbs still in the tournament??? this shit's never on tv. :madrun

Kamnik
09-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks.
Does anyone know if Holden speaks Russian? I'm curious. :lol

hehe, the same question came to my mind

velik_m
09-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Funny stuff. Yesterday Spanish surprisingly won European championship in volleyball in Moscow against Russia. And then Russians won euro title in basketball in Madrid against Spain.

Streakyshooter08
09-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Wow. What a great tournament. I am happy Russia won it! Kirilenko played really fine. I wonder if it gives him a push for the upcomming NBA season.

IMO Germany overachieved again by being 5th. They played total crap against Slovenia (30 point loss) and Spain (30 point loss) and then come back to beat Solvenia and Croatia to get the 5th spot. I never expected that.

I am really looking forward to the NBA season. Seeing a lot of Basketball during summer was a good thing. :)

JPB
09-17-2007, 03:53 AM
And to think France had a shot vs Russia in quarter finals :bang and now they won't even make the pre-olympics qualifying tournament.

Admidave50
09-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Really happy that Spain didn't win, the end of the game was really intense! Lucky shot by Russia and unlucky for Pau and Spain, haha.

And to think France had a shot vs Russia in quarter finals :bang and now they won't even make the pre-olympics qualifying tournament.

Come on man, face it, our team SUCK!!

Texas_Ranger
09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Bravo Russia.:clap