PDA

View Full Version : Craig Reconsiders...

Nbadan
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
..after already being thrown under the bus by his own party...

http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepics3/LarryCraigStall.jpg
no peaking!

Idaho Sen. Craig reconsiders decision to resign
By: The Associated Press
Sep 4, 2007 08:53 PM EST

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Sen. Larry Craig is reconsidering his decision to resign after his arrest in a Minnesota airport sex sting and may still fight for his Senate seat, his spokesman said Tuesday evening.

"It's not such a foregone conclusion anymore, that the only thing he could do was resign," said Sidney Smith, Craig's spokesman in Idaho's capital.

"We're still preparing as if Senator Craig will resign Sept. 30, but the outcome of the legal case in Minnesota and the ethics investigation will have an impact on whether we're able to stay in the fight - and stay in the Senate."

Craig, a Republican who has represented Idaho in Congress for 27 years, announced Saturday that he intends to resign from the Senate on Sept. 30. But since then, he's hired a prominent lawyer to
investigate the possibility of reversing his plea, his spokesman said.

Craig was a no-show Tuesday as Congress reconvened after a summer break and it wasn't clear whether he'll return at all since deciding to resign over his guilty plea in a sex sting this summer
at the Minneapolis airport.

Another spokesman, Dan Whiting in Washington, said Tuesday that Craig was expected to spend the week in Idaho as the Senate votes on spending bills for veterans and other programs. Whiting did not
rule out Craig's returning to Washington before the end of the month

Politico (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0907/5650.html)

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Barring some kind of revelatory coming out and switching parties, I don't see it happening.

Wild Cobra
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Barring some kind of revelatory coming out and switching parties, I don't see it happening.
I agree. He can only now make in in politics as a democrat. Republican voters will no longer have him.

Oh, Gee!!
09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Another republican flip-flopper? What a shock!

Nbadan
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Looks like Craig is holding the Republican ethical line...

(AP) - Boise, Idaho - One of Sen. Larry Craig's lawyers said Wednesday the Senate has no business looking into the conduct of one of its own following Craig's guilty plea in connection with an airport men's room sex sting.

An unbroken line of precedents dating back 220 years makes clear the Senate does not consider misdemeanor private conduct to be a fit subject of inquiry, asserted Washington attorney Stan Brand.

"We ought to seek to have the committee dismiss this outright," Brand said of a Senate ethics panel's investigation. "The Republican leadership called for an ethics investigation that had nothing to do with his office," said Brand on NBC's "Today" show.

Craig says he may still fight for his Senate seat, a spokesman says -- if the lawmaker can clear his name with the Senate ethics panel and a Minnesota court.

Link (http://wcco.com/politics/local_story_247203904.html)

Nbadan
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday that embattled Sen. Larry Craig will not resign if he's able to get the disorderly conduct case against him dismissed in the next 25 days.

"He said that he is going to try to get the case in Minneapolis dismissed. That if he is unable to have that disposed of, prior to Sept. 30, it is his intention to resign from the Senate as he expressed last Saturday," McConnell told reporters.

"If he is able to get the case favorably disposed of in Minneapolis, it would be his intention to come back to the Senate to deal with the Ethics Committee case that he knows that he will have and to try to finish his term," he added.

Link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/09/05/mcconnell-craig-wont-resign-if-case-is-overturned)

clambake
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
i think he likes to finish

boutons_
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
He's a fool, and he's screwed.

Give us a break, stay resigned, come out of the closet, find a boyfriend to retire with.

Jelly
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
You guys are just pissed off that he revealed some of your secret bathroom codes.
Seriously, the jig is up guys. I have finally reached the point where I realize ALL men are secretly gay. You always have been. You're all in on the "code" and we women are just here for procreation.

Oh, Gee!!
09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
You guys are just pissed off that he revealed some of your secret bathroom codes.
Seriously, the jig is up guys. I have finally reached the point where I realize ALL men are secretly gay. You always have been. You're all in on the "code" and we women are just here for procreation.

when you're young you get sad and you get high

xrayzebra
09-06-2007, 10:02 AM
He's a fool, and he's screwed.

Give us a break, stay resigned, come out of the closet, find a boyfriend to retire with.

How come you don't say the same to some dimm-o-craps.

Oh, I forgot everyone knows the dimm-o-craps have no
morals so they can continue to serve.
:drunk and bridges bring back any memories?

mikeanthony21
09-07-2007, 12:09 AM

If that's true... explain ANN COULTER.

ChumpDumper
09-07-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm sure Coulter is a secretly gay man too.

mikeanthony21
09-07-2007, 07:38 AM

What does that make Bill Maher? I thought she was his dominatrix!

101A
09-07-2007, 09:30 AM

Explain vasectomies.

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Just another shameless comment to let "all the guys" on the internets know that she is, in fact, a woman.

See that shit all the time in MMOs.

Nbadan
09-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Speaking of fugitive campaigners....

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_craig2_070906_ms.jpg

In an effort to rehabilitate his reputation and save his political career, Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, dispatched his children Michael Craig and Shae Howell to talk to ABC News' "Good Morning America" this week and testify that their father isn't gay and was not in fact guilty of the lewd conduct for which he was arrested.

-----

But the criminal records of Michael Craig and his sister, whom Sen. Craig adopted after marrying their mother, Suzanne, in 1983, not only call into question their credibility as character witnesses but may even further undermine Craig's portrayal of himself as a defender of family values.

At least two women have sought restraining orders against Michael Craig, who was once charged with statutory rape, though the charge was dismissed. He did not return a call for comment. And at the time of Howell's appearance on "Good Morning America" there was a warrant out for her arrest resulting from her allegedly breaking into her estranged husband's home and destroying property.

-----

By far the charges against Michael Craig, 38, seem the more serious. One of the restraining orders against him was issued by a former girlfriend after he was arrested in 1993 for committing an act of battery against her that broke her nose, according to court records. He pleaded guilty to the charge in May 1994 and was ordered to have no contact with her.

Family Values (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3573171&page=1)

Nbadan
09-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Thanks to a creative e-bay seller, you can now own your own 'piece?' of history...

Larry Craig toilet paper on eBay

http://i16.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/b7/7e/bda5_1.JPG
This could be the very paper Craig said he was picking up

Right From the Stall at the Minneapolis St Paul International Airport Public Bathroom or Public Lavatory ...you have it here first....a 8 inch lenght of Toliet paper..white single ply standard airport issue tissue.This is a true Political Treasure sure to go up in value in the years to come.Shipping $4.25

Here is the Auction: Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Larry-Craig-Minneapolis-St-Paul-Airport-Toliet-Paper_W0QQitemZ250167004610QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3972 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

exstatic
09-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Supposedly, "the stall" is now a tourist attraction at MSP airport. WTF? In the immortal words of Jim Morrison "People are strange..."

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Supposedly, "the stall" is now a tourist attraction at MSP airport. WTF?I thought it already was a specific type of tourist attraction.

xrayzebra
09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Craig reconsiders: What? The tissue or foot tapping. Hey
maybe he and Barney can form their own party. Teddy, the
swimmer, I am sure would love to join them, I mean it.
Well anyhow a party with lots of sex and booze. But bridges
aren't allowed.

Oh, Gee!!
09-21-2007, 12:38 PM
aren't allowed.

That was XRay, folks. He'll be here all week. Try the veal, and don't forget to tip your waitress.

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 12:39 PM
:lmao I know exactly what x is going to post before i even click the thread.

clambake
09-21-2007, 01:28 PM
aren't allowed.

I'm proud of you, Ray. You're openly supporting gay bashing republican fags, which in a weird way is support for the gay community. that takes guts.

xrayzebra
09-21-2007, 01:54 PM
^^OG, Champ and Clam. I be deadgum. I am noticed. I have
my 15 mins of fame. Ok, Ok, it is with the minor league, but
they notice. Hey I could have said: Craig wants to reconsider
the "tissue". Pun intended.

Oh, and about the gay bashing. I could care less someone's
sexual preference. Just keep it to themselves.

Oh, and did you hear? Billary says she is not a lesbian. But
who cares? Bill will take care of it one way or the other!~

clambake
09-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Oh, and about the gay bashing. I could care less someone's
sexual preference. Just keep it to themselves.

you should've past that wisdom along to craig before he got nailed.

Oh, and did you hear? Billary says she is not a lesbian. But
who cares? Bill will take care of it one way or the other!~

why say that if you don't care?

xrayzebra
09-21-2007, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=

why say that if you don't care?[/QUOTE]

Just to piss you off!

Jelly
09-21-2007, 04:32 PM

ChumpDumper
09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't think she's a gay man.

Jelly
09-21-2007, 04:36 PM

EXACTLY!!! Good answer Chump! LOL

Nbadan
09-21-2007, 11:03 PM
No bidders for the paper yet (http://cgi.ebay.com/Larry-Craig-Minneapolis-St-Paul-Airport-Toliet-Paper_W0QQitemZ250167004610QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3972 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)...it's only $13.24 delivered people! Someone step up to the plate there's only 4 days and 14 hours left.....immortalize your e-bay name.....

Nbadan
09-21-2007, 11:06 PM
EXACTLY!!! Good answer Chump! LOL

Nice....we need more women with political takes in this forum...it's a sausage-fest.....

:hat