PDA

View Full Version : Shaq files for divorce

lurker
09-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm curious to know what she's been doing now.

Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal wants to divorce Shaunie, his wife of nearly five years. "The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," says his petition, filed Tuesday by attorney Ira Elegant.

The O'Neals have four children together - Shareef, 7, Amirah, 5, Shaqir, 4, and Me'Arah, 1. Shaq has a daughter, Taahirah, and Shaunie has a son, Myles, from previous relationships.

The family lives on Miami Beach's exclusive Star Island. They bought an $18.8 million estate in the summer of '04, at the time of his trade to the Heat. It is for sale - No. 32 is asking $32 million.

Shaq, 35, and Shaunie, 32, wed Dec. 26, 2002, in a lavish ceremony at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Shaq, then with the Lakers, gave Shaunie a ring with 17 carats of diamonds.

The two have a "Cohabitation/Prenuptial Agreement and Acknowledgment of Property Disclosure and Waiver of Further Disclosure," the petition says. A copy of their agreement "will be filed ... under seal" - if the court allows - and "contains extensive provisions providing for confidentiality and non-disclosure."

In the petition, O'Neal refers to the Star Island mansion as "the former marital home."

Shaunie, he says, has been "secretive about her assets ... particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either her name alone or in other entities." He wants the court to order Shaunie to give a "correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)" that she came into during the marriage.

He makes $20 million a year, with three years left on a five-year contract worth $100 million.

Shaunie should be "primary residential custodian" of their children - meaning they'd live with her - and he should get "liberal rights of visitation," he says.

Neither the O'Neals nor Elegant could be reached for comment. No word on who represents Shaunie. Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Roberto Pineiro has the case.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2007/09/04/oneal_divorce_0905.html

1Parker1
09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow I'm surprised.....they actually seemed like a happy couple and kinda looked like they belong together.

Samr
09-04-2007, 11:07 PM
"Shaq Goes $$$ingle"

(reality show set to premier on the Food Network this spring)

ducks
09-04-2007, 11:21 PM
shaq going single before kobe

RC's Boss
09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
He boned "superhead" while they were together. Hope it doesn't fuck up his case. Don't forget how Kobe said he "pays" women off!

Roxsfan
09-05-2007, 12:30 AM
interesting, thanks.

RC's Boss
09-05-2007, 01:34 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/09/04/shaqx-large.jpg
He wears some ugly ass suits, but that wife of his could get the steel for real!

angel_luv
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
That's sad. Any chance it is a just an incorrect rumor?

Soul_Patch
09-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Ive heard it from numerous sources now...i think its real.

That is sad, they seem'd really happy together...i wonder what went wrong.

tlongII
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like she was misappropriating his money.

Medvedenko
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Cheating hearts....are a bitch to deal with

lil'mo
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
That's sad. Any chance it is a just an incorrect rumor?
:rolleyes

mavsfan1000
09-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Shaq is such an egomaniac. No surprise this happens.

duncan228
09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Shaq is such an egomaniac.

I think so too.

It gets in the way of anything else I think about him personally or his game.

Supergirl
09-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree with a couple other people...I'm disappointed. There aren't many couples in the pro sports world who seem happy together, who seem to genuinely like each other. Mostly we hear about the divorces, the infidelity, etc --which is mostly because that makes better news than the happy couples---but still, it's sad to see a couple which had previously seemed happy together separate.

Then again, the odds are against them, like the are for all of us...2 out of 3 marriages end in divorce. I don't think it matters if you're famous or not, if you're gay or straight, or if you're black or white, or anything else. It's hard to keep a relationship together. The odds are not in your favor.

(This coming from someone who is, in fact, happily married)

MrChug
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
That sux, seriously. I liked Shaunie.

ploto
09-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Probably she saw it coming and started to hide assets. Happens all the time.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-05-2007, 02:34 PM
That sux, seriously. I liked Shaunie.
What sucks about that for you? She's on the rebound!

Seriously though, it's a shame that their kids are so young. There's never a good age for kids to go through their parents' divorce, but the older the better I would think. I'm kind of curious to hear some of the details behind it. I remember a poster here saying there were accounts of him being accused of him sexually harrassing women as a Dade County Deputy that had been quieted or covered up. Although that wouldn't explain why he was the one filing for divorce. Like I said, I'm curious to hear the details.

Lp26
09-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Wasn't she having an affair w/ Shaq for a year while she was married to someone else?

I've heard alot of stuff about how rocky their relationship was specifically b/c of his cheating.

I'm suprised he's the one filing for divorce. I'm curious to hear the details as well

mikejones99
09-06-2007, 06:26 PM
that bitch is stealing shaq's cash. hopefully shaq learns to never marry again. you can get sex anywhere when you are rich and not have to have a cunt steal yer shit. His wife should be locked up in jail

E20
09-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Is Shaq half arab. WTF?