PDA

View Full Version : Beno ain't goin' nowhere.......

Ocotillo
09-05-2007, 09:38 AM
except maybe a nightclub or two and the Tink-a-Taco after the bars close.

Face it. We (this forum) have been trying to unload this scrub for the better part of two years now and nothing. The guy has the staying power of a cockroach and is about as well liked (other than Angel).

Most concede there is a need for point guards around the league in general especially back up ones but the Spurs aren't getting any sort of nibble on this guy that we have heard about. Supposedly Cleveland wanted him but yet the dude is getting "Welcome back" parties here in SA.

I have to admit I am puzzled as to why the Spurs seem to have a hard time moving players/assets. The Scola deal still suprises me that is the best they could get for him around the whole league. B & B (Beno & Barry) have been an obvious package waiting to be Fed Exed somewhere (nice final year of their contract guys) yet, nothing.

If Garcia actual comes and makes the roster he will be a nice third point or heck, he may give JV a run for the money although Vaughn has more experience in the system.

The team doesn't really need to do anything major because the starting rotation is fairly well set so Beno may survive simply because nothing is better than taking a someone else's problem or Holt doesn't want to pay Beno while he is playing somewhere else after he has been cut.

My guess: Beno is living large in San Antonio for another season. Anybody know how to say "Bite it suckers" in Slovenian?

thispego
09-05-2007, 09:42 AM
if beno stays he should get 15-20 minutes a night for the first half of the season, no matter what, just to see what happens. I t would give parker a little chance to rest after his long summer, too

ducks
09-05-2007, 09:43 AM
if beno played 20 minutes a night
spurs would lose 75% of the games in the first half of the season

thispego
09-05-2007, 09:46 AM
maybe 25%, but that's ok

ObiwanGinobili
09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm not above hiring a hit in this situation.

MoSpur
09-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I am sure Pop would want to play Beno 10-15 minutes a night, but Beno doesn't show he wants it.

ducks
09-05-2007, 09:56 AM
beno goes to bars to party that is about all he goes to

Bruno
09-05-2007, 09:59 AM
If Spurs salaries numbers are accurate, Spurs have a strong incentive to trade Beno.
Spurs will save between $3.5M and $4.5M if they trade Beno somewhere for nothing and sign a 3rd PG for the min.

I can see Spurs trading Beno + $2M + a second round pick for nothing to a team like Charlotte.
Spurs save between $1.5M an $2.5M and Charlotte get $250K, Beno who could be cut or kept at the end of the training camp and a second round pick.

Holt's Cat
09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
If Spurs salaries numbers are accurate, Spurs have a strong incentive to trade Beno.
Spurs will save between $3.5M and $4.5M if they trade Beno somewhere for nothing and sign a 3rd PG for the min.

I can see Spurs trading Beno + $2M + a second round pick for nothing to a team like Charlotte.
Spurs save between $1.5M an $2.5M and Charlotte get $250K, Beno who could be cut or kept at the end of the training camp and a second round pick.

Yeah, sooner or later they will find someone to take him. Maybe they'll take the cash from the Spannniollllououous trade and use it as an enticement. Then again, there's always a few teams out there desperate enough for a point.

midgetonadonkey
09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Beno is the key to our future. In 5 years he will be the corner stone of the franchise.

Beno = 2012 NBA MVP

ColdspringX
09-05-2007, 11:54 AM
why do spurs fans always complain about that white kid,
he has a small contract, 1 mil a year? if you guys hate him so much, just waive him.

hater
09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
we are the champion Spurs! we don't need no white/black/or blue lazy scrub in our team. we don't hate his skin we hate his lazy bloated pupusa eating ass!!

mardigan
09-05-2007, 12:37 PM
he has a small contract, 1 mil a year? if you guys hate him so much, just waive him.
What does him being white have anything to do with it? The guy sucks, has no drive to become better, and is wasting a roster spot. And he makes closer to 2 mill than one mill.
And I dont really think how much it matters if we hate him, I think the FO has to decide that.

ducks
09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
contact more then that
did you read what he told the press overseas?

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not above hiring a hit in this situation.:lol

I think he would count towards the salary cap, though.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Beno is the key to our future. In 5 years he will be the corner stone of the franchise.

Beno = 2012 NBA MVPA pathetic attempt to get back on his myspace friends list.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I found this Manu interview on Hoopshype, does someone want to translate?"Beno sucks. How is he still on our team? And we couldn't get better than that for Scola?"

ducks
09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
it says manu would have paid scola

2centsworth
09-05-2007, 01:10 PM
It's just one more year. Beno is the poster boy for trading out of the end of the 1st round.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I have to admit I am puzzled as to why the Spurs seem to have a hard time moving players/assets.1) The Spurs have very specific trade goals and needs.

2) The Spurs are unwilling to trade their best assets.

3) Most GMs don't want to help such a strong team, especially coming off a championship.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
2) The Spurs are unwilling to trade their best assets.
Logic Error.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Duncan, Parker and Manu are on the block?

That's news to me.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
This thread is about Beno.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Your post was about my logic or the Spurs' logic.

ShoogarBear
09-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Sure, if you want to willy-nilly introduce Duncan, Parker, and Manu into a thread about Beno.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Sure, if you want to willy-nilly introduce Duncan, Parker, and Manu into a thread about Beno.
They are our best trade assets.

The Spurs are unwilling to trade their best assets.

That's one reason they don't make a lot of trades.

wildchild
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM

Beno = 2012 NBA MVP

Sure? MVP? NBA MVP? or SLOVENIAN LEAGUE MVP?
I'm killing. Beno deserves a new opportunity this year :tu

Slo spurs fan
09-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Who are you killing? ;)

Pero
09-05-2007, 05:31 PM
It would be hilarious if it came through though. :lol

lefty
09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Beno had a good rookie seaon, but since being destroyed by the Pistons's full court press in Detroit (2005 Finals), he hasn't done shit.....

ducks
09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Beno had a good rookie seaon, but since being destroyed by the Pistons's full court press in Detroit (2005 Finals), he hasn't done shit.....
he has partied :p:

lefty
09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
he has partied :p:

But according to Pop, he isn't partying hard enough, which explains the benching...

Bruno
09-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Not worth starting a new thread but a Greek radio has said today that Olympiakos is interested in Beno.

Olympiakos has tried to get Charlie Bell and Jasikevicious, Beno could be their backup answer if Beno is waived or if Spurs and Beno agree on a buyout.

Take it too with a grain of salt, Greek medias are known to throw a lot of rumors that could be false.

Mitch Cumsteen
09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Beno had a good rookie seaon, but since being destroyed by the Pistons's full court press in Detroit (2005 Finals), he hasn't done shit.....For the record, he stopped doing shit somewhere during the Denver series of the same year. Dude couldn't get the ball across midcourt against Earl Boykins.

George Gervin's Afro
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
what concerns me more than his sucky play is his hugs from behind? I have seen him hug guys on the team from behind on the bench. whoemever he is hugging has to pull away. they pull away from him like a dude does with whott after a night out at the local homo wartering hole..

not that there is anything wrong with homo watering holes..

ploto
09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Not worth starting a new thread but a Greek radio has said today that Olympiakos is interested in Beno.

Olympiakos has tried to get Charlie Bell and Jasikevicious, Beno could be their backup answer if Beno is waived or if Spurs and Beno agree on a buyout.

Take it too with a grain of salt, Greek medias are known to throw a lot of rumors that could be false.
I can not see Beno agreeing to a buy out- he likes being in the US too much. He is not one of those players longing to go back to Europe. And I doubt the Spurs would pay him the full amount to go away.

Bruno
09-21-2007, 05:31 AM
I can not see Beno agreeing to a buy out- he likes being in the US too much. He is not one of those players longing to go back to Europe. And I doubt the Spurs would pay him the full amount to go away.

With the buyout and his salary in Europe, Beno could earn more money that his nba salary.
He likes for sure the life in SA but is he ready to lose something like $1M just to stay in SA instead of going in Greece ?
He will too play more in Greece than in SA.

Whisky Dog
09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Where will Beno's supply of burritos and latinas come from if he goes to Greece?

ata
09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
With the buyout and his salary in Europe, Beno could earn more money that his nba salary.
He likes for sure the life in SA but is he ready to lose something like $1M just to stay in SA instead of going in Greece ?
He will too play more in Greece than in SA.
Exactly. He likes it in SA. Nobody expects anything from him, he just have to show on the practice sessions and travel with the team. No sweat for 1,7Mio$ (I would do it for half of that :p: )

Kobayagi
09-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Exactly. He likes it in SA. Nobody expects anything from him, he just have to show on the practice sessions and travel with the team. No sweat for 1,7Mio$ (I would do it for half of that :p: )

I'd do it for burritos and latinas. :hat

On second thought...i'd do it for latinas alone.