PDA

View Full Version : "Classic" movies I've just never watched

fatsack
09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Citizen Kane - once you know the spoiler that rosebud is a sled, why bother?
Casablanca
Some Like it Hot
All about Eve
The African Queen
The Maltese Falcon

I have however, seen every Abbot & Castello meets the werewolf, dracula, mummy, etc series.

what "classics" have you never watched?

Soul_Patch
09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I've never seen slingblade

Samr
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I once took a class dedicated to those movies. Hated it. "Some like it Hot" and "Casablanca" are both good movies, but they just weren't entertaining. I understand seeing them now for the whole "but they're CLASSICS!!" and cultural literacy aspect of it, but if you're just watching it because you want to see something cool, go check out this list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77111) instead.

peewee's lovechild
09-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Dude, The Maltese Falcon is one of my favorites.

clambake
09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I've never seen E.T.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I once took a class dedicated to those movies. Hated it. "Some like it Hot" and "Casablanca" are both good movies, but they just weren't entertaining. I understand seeing them now for the whole "but they're CLASSICS!!" and cultural literacy aspect of it, but if you're just watching it because you want to see something cool, go check out this list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77111) instead.

I thought it was great...

Spurminator
09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I thought Some Like It Hot was unwatchable. Citizen Kane is still good even if you know the end.

Ten Commandments
Sunset Blvd.
Paths of Glory
Das Boot

rr2418
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I've never seen:

Casablanca
Citizen Kane
All the "Godfather movies"
Scarface

I've seen "From Here to Eternity". I just thought it was just another blah movie.

Jekka
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Same here, I think that was one of the first classics I made Manny watch that he hadn't seen. That and The Lion in Winter - Katharine Hepburn is freaking amazing in it.

I still haven't taken the time to see Street Car Named Desire.

SAtown
09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
I've never seen any Star Wars

mardigan
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Some Like It Hot is one of my favorite movies ever.

Never seen Dr. Stranglove, Singing in The Rain, any of the Godfathers all the way through, Lawrence Of Arabia, Gone With The Wind, On The Waterfront, couldnt make it through Schindlers List, The Searchers, High Noon, City Lights, or really any of the silent films on the top 100 list, M.A.S.H., The Network, Nashville, Caberet, Whos Afraid Of Virginia Wolf, In The Heat Of The Night, All The Presidents Men, Sophies Choice, or Do The Right Thing.

Btw, I based my movies off the top 100 movie list

CuckingFunt
09-05-2007, 07:01 PM
This whole thread is like crazy talk.

Xolotl
09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Never seen A Clockwork Orange....supposedly it's supposed to be really good I dunno

Oh, Gee!!
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Lawrence of Arabia is another one to see (if you haven't yet)

Spurminator
09-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Some classic comedies I haven't seen...

Stripes
Trading Places
Tootsie
M*A*S*H
American Graffiti
Manhattan
Duck Soup

ATRAIN
09-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I have always wanted to see this but never have and I know im losing cool points :(

Taxi Driver

Whisky Dog
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Everybody should watch Casablanca at least once. Not everybody will like it, but it's a very influential movie.

PakiDan
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM

I'm not a huge fan of classic movies... but Some Like it Hot is a GREAT movie. Hugely entertaining.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm not a huge fan of classic movies... but Some Like it Hot is a GREAT movie. Hugely entertaining.

and aside from that monroe is amazingly hot. :smokin

Sportcamper
09-06-2007, 10:49 AM
There is a reason that you have never watched The African Queen, Casablanca & The Maltese Falcon...They are boring as all get out....

fatsack
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Some classic comedies I haven't seen...

Stripes
Trading Places
Tootsie
M*A*S*H
American Graffiti
Manhattan
Duck Soup

I've never watched "Mrs. Doubtfire"

ShoogarBear
09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I think I've seen every movie mentioned in this thread, except Schindler's List. When it came out in 1994, I was in Guatemala, and it's never really been in heavy cable rotation.

SAtown
09-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I think I've seen every movie mentioned in this thread, except Schindler's List. When it came out in 1994, I was in Guatemala, and it's never really been in heavy cable rotation.

I believe it's only been on TV once (ABC), which was about 10 years ago. Uncensored, unedited, and commercial free

E20
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Casablanca is the most boringest piece of shit I've ever seen. I fell asleep through the whole movie in film class, that was nice. We watched the God Father in Film as well and to follow up on Marlon Brando we watched A Street Car Named Desire which bea Casablanca as the most boringest movie I ever saw. The teacher and the rest of the class fell asleep, so we cut that movie short, because it was boring on so many levels.

Vizzini
09-06-2007, 10:40 PM

I didn't like it as much once I found out the ending befroe I watched it.

Casablanca is a great movie, and Citizen Kane is a classic, Orson Wells was an awesome actor.