SB-Bears lose to the Chargers

DROY-Carriker
OROY-Jacoby Jones

DPOY-Peppers
OPOY-Stephen Jackson

MVP-Stephen Jackson

BigZak
09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
double dong is going to suprise alot of people!

J.T.
09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Colts and Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Don't really give a shit who the NFC champion is but if its Dallas, it lets me talk shit to all of you guys while everyone else is starting Trade Manu and Fire Pop threads in the Spurs board.

monosylab1k
09-05-2007, 02:51 PM
NFC -

Cowboys
Vikings
Saints
Seahawks

Wild Card:
Eagles
Bears

AFC -

Patriots
Bengals
Colts
Broncos

Wild Card:
Jets
Steelers

Super Bowl - Patriots vs. Cowboys

MVP - Tom Brady
ROY - Adrian Peterson
Coach - Either Childress or Belichick

Findog
09-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I really don't think the Cowboys will be any better than they were last year.

J.T.
09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I like how The Free World has already picked the Pats to win this shit. :tu

Findog
09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I like how The Free World has already picked the Pats to win this shit. :tu

OH, the Colts are going to be right up there again, but they barely squeaked it out over the Pats, and the moves NW made look good on paper. Of course they have to do it on the field.

O-Factor
09-06-2007, 12:57 AM
NFC West: Mike Holmgrem's FUPA

:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
09-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Here's mine:

NFC East:

Andy Reid's drug-addled sons
Wade Phillip's mantitties
Eli Manning's terrible secret
Fred Smoot's double-dong

NFC North:

Rex Grossman's sex swing
Brett Favre's prescription pain pills
Brad Childress' molester mustache
Matt Millen's IQ of 48

NFC South:

Drew Brees's disfiguring birthmark
Rae Carruth's girlfriend
Jeff Garcia's terrible secret
Joey Harrington's amazing luck

NFC West:

Mike Holmgrem's FUPA
Mike Nolan's snazzy sideline suits
Georgia Frontiere's Cougar Credentials
Matt Leinart's herpes

Wild Cards:

Wade Phillip's Mantitties
Rae Carruth's girlfriend

AFC East:

Tom Brady's illegitimate son
Eric Mangini's FUPA
JP Losman's emobangs
Ricky William's Sticky Icky

AFC North:

Ray Lewis' limo
Ben Roethlisburger's motorcycle
Chris Henry's vomit
Brady Quinn's terrible secret

AFC South:

Kenny Chesney's Longtime Companion
LenDale White's Snickers addiction
Jack Del Rio's treestump axe
Dunta Robinson's home invasion

AFC West:

Shawne Merriman's backne
Tom Nalen's chopblocks
Priest Holmes's neck injury
Lane Kiffin's fake id

Wild Cards:

Ben Roethlisburger's motorcycle
Eric Mangini's FUPA

Super Bowl:

Tom Brady's llegitimate Son over Drew Brees' disfiguring birthmark:lmao good shit.

Chargers over Bears...........and JohnSmith gives me his Superbowl tickets since I'm already living in Arizona.

J.T.
09-06-2007, 02:05 AM
I know I'm a Colts homer, but I so amped about my trip to Indy that I can't sleep and wrote this Colts season preview. Some different viewpoints than the 20 million identical articles about how the Colts won't get over their offseason losses that you'll find on ESPN and Y! Sports, but mostly homer garbage. I bet I get flamed bad for this.

1. Can't stop the run?

The Colts lost a lot of defensive starters from the Super Bowl team. But I think '07 defensive unit will play a lot better than the '06 version. They've moved Hayden and Jackson to cornerback, and they're upgrades to Harper and David. David was the Colts best corner last year, but even he was inconsistent most of the time. Harper was past his prime. He's still getting over that Roethlisberger tackle from '05. But Hayden and Jackson will make some big plays, and I think Jackson could make a push for most picks and possibly make the Pro Bowl. Although there are a lot of other really good corners in the AFC so he'd have to borrow Chuck Norris's balls for the season to pull that off.

Keiaho replaces June at LB, and he's by far a better tackler than June was. A little undersized for the position but he's quick and can tackle. Dungy's defenses have been about playing hard and fast, so I think he'll work out pretty good there. Morris is still starting at SAM, he fits pretty good there I think. His career has been pretty inconsistent for a first round pick, but he played well after they moved him to SAM last year. If he can continue playing like that, they'll be in good shape.

They're set at safety. Bob Sanders is cold. If he can avoid injuring his shoulder again and play the entire season, the D will be more consistent. Bethea played well as a rookie. He made some fast, hard plays and stepped it up in the playoffs too. If he can elevate his game now that he's got full season under his belt and a ring on his finger, he and Sanders will be a deadly combination. The front four are pretty solid. Aside from the McFarland injury (see below), they'll still be a good pass rushing unit. Freeney had an off year last season, so expect a bounce back. The $72 million dollar contract he signed in the offseason is a pretty good incentive to sack some mother fuckers, too.

Finally, McFarland is out for the season and has been replaced by Ed Johnson, undrafted rookie FA. I thought Johnson looked pretty good against the Dallas and Chicago first teams in preseason, didn't get to watch the Detroit or Cincinnati games but people tell me he did well. McFarland will be missed but not much.

If you think about it, all they really did was shake up the depth chart. The depth chart of the defense that just won the Super Bowl.

2. I've got your back, dawg.

Glenn came out of nowhere to retire right before camp started. There was some stat flying around every article in the NFL section of ESPN about how many games or years he protected Peyton's blindside. I already forgot that stat. I'm not saying Tony Ugoh is going to fill the void left by Glenn. He's a different type of OT than Glenn was. But he's made some decent progress throughout camp and preseason. I expect Peyton to get hurried and sacked more than usual, but not enough to turn heads. By the end of the season, Ugoh should have Peyton's back pretty good.

Peyton's weak point used to be when defenses forced him to throw on the run, but he's gotten a lot better at that. I'm thinking that they'll run short pass options to Addai often, so if a defensive end is able to blow past Ugoh, it might not even matter. It's definitely a spot to keep your eye on as the season goes on.

Don't forget that Ugoh gets to line up against Freeney in practice. That's a pretty good sparring partner if you're trying to learn how to protect Manning's blindside. Obviously, going up against Freeney is not a substitute for NFL game experience, but I'll bet it accelerates Ugoh's growth a little.

3. Chicks dig the long ball.

The Colts didn't change much on offense. I like the pickup of Gonzalez. Whenever Marvin Harrison retires (probably after he breaks all of Rice's records), the Colts will be set with Gonzalez. I think Indy is the best fit for his skill set and he'll do well there. Polian said that when they worked him out, they thought he was as close as you could get to cloning Brandon Stokley. That's a pretty good receiver to be compared to.

I've heard some rumors lately that Peyton is working on 6WR play. I doubt it will work much since that means one of his linemen becomes a receiver, but it'd be interesting to see if he uses it this year. It's just a rumor, though. Probably started by some kid who plays too much Madden.

The running back situation is a little sketchy right now, too. The backup RBs haven't taken any NFL snaps, so it will be interesting to see how their running game changes if Addai gets injured. The Colts have to play against some tough defenses this year, but Addai will have another 1,000+ yard season. His stats could take a dive if they involve him more with the passing offense. It worked out well for them in the playoffs when they ran dump passes to the backs. I could see some more of that happening this season.

Peyton's got a lot of weapons now. Some people think he might end up re-breaking the TD record because of the questions on defense, but I'm not too high on that prediction. Next year's forecast shows TDs in the high 30s with INTs in the 9-14 range.

4. If I bet on Hester returning the opening kick of the SB, I'd be a rich man now.

Special Teams is the biggest problem the Colts have right now. Kickoff and punt coverage is questionable. For every good play they make, it seems like they give up two or three huge returns. I expect Dungy to put some defensive players on special teams if kick and punt coverage continues to suck.

On the flipside, the Colts still have Vinatieri and his two ton steel balls. Makes me sleep a lot easier at night.

Predictions
Record: 13-3

The Colts have a tough schedule but this defense is for real. The three losses will be one score losses and nothing to phone home about.

Playoffs: Contend for SB XLII

I'm not mailing in the design for Peyton's second ring just yet, but the Colts are going to be in the SB race for sure. Everyone is too busy expecting the defense to give up a lot of rushing yards again, questioning Ugoh's ability to replace Glenn, and fellating the entire New England roster because of the pretty names they signed in the offseason. The Colts have to prove they can hack it first. But this team looks a lot better on paper than sports writers, critics, and talking heads will give them credit for.

My ideal playoff scenario for the Colts would be for them to secure the first round bye, then toast San Diego in Indy for the divisional playoffs, and then upset New England at Foxborough in the AFC title game. Whoever the NFC sends to XLII is going to be owned either way if any of the AFC's top 5 make it to Arizona.

Horry For 3!
09-06-2007, 02:37 AM
NFC North
Bears
Packers
Lions
Vikings

NFC South
Saints
Bucs
Panthers
Falcons