PDA

View Full Version : Malone - Yes or No?

fonzy16
12-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Whats the public (fan) opinion?

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
the public opinion will be manipulated by the way the Spurs and Pop announce it... you may hate Malone as a Jazz/Laker but you guys are gonna learn to like Malone as a Spur...

Useruser666
12-14-2004, 09:20 AM
It will all be worth it when Kobe goes up for a dunk and Malone Splits him in half.

Gummi
12-14-2004, 09:33 AM
If he's available you get him. No question. There will be some playing time problems but that's always good to have. Depth is always good.

Also I can see Malone take a back seat and playing limited minutes in the beginning (20 min a night) then when he's back in playing shape he'll get 30 min a night.

If he decides to sign here, it will be Rasho and Rose that will suffer the most because their minutes will drob.

travis2
12-14-2004, 09:35 AM
I hate what he did to DRob years back and I hate what he did as a part of the Jazz...but I'd rather have him doing those things to others rather than to the Spurs.

I can hold my nose. I survived Strickland and (!!) Rodman...I can survive this.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
the public opinion will be manipulated by the way the Spurs and Pop announce it... you may hate Malone as a Jazz/Laker but you guys are gonna learn to like Malone as a Spur...

Yeah. The first time Malone hits the court for a loose ball, puts someone on their ass, or hits a couple jumpers then (most) Spurs fans will forget about their Malone angst.

Spurs will probably be sure to highlight Malone's passion for hunting. Saint David will appear with Malone at Malone's first SA news conference and absolve him of his sins with a prayer and a sprinkling of some blessed water from the San Antonio River on his head. Maybe they can arrange for a full body immersion sort of thing at the Arneson River Theater.

BronxCowboy
12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Malone is the antithesis of what I love the Spurs for. The two don't mix. Shame on you, Popovich. You should know better. Fuck you, so-called Spurs fans, who think that the Spurs need to stoop to this level.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Fuck you too asshole. Fuck you for not being about seeing this team win and instead worrying about some dumb fucking non-basketball related bullshit.

Fuck you for getting your goody two shoes panties in a twist because the Spurs might bring in a 57 year old Karl Malone. The Spurs had plenty of unsavory characters in the DRob era and I don't recall Spurs fans bailing out then. The Spurs have added plenty of former Spur killers over the years as veteran role players and that didn't seem to be a big problem.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
don't want him, don't need him.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 09:48 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/images/basketball/nba/players/3260.jpg

As long as this guy is starting in the Spurs' frontcourt, they could use a healthy 57 year old Karl Malone.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 09:49 AM
c'mon MB! that is your Slovenian brother! :)

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
That's right. I know his pussified ways firsthand.

samikeyp
12-14-2004, 09:51 AM
:lmao

BronxCowboy
12-14-2004, 09:52 AM
c'mon MB! that is your Slovenian brother! :)

Are you telling me that Mama's Boy isn't on your ignore list yet?
:lmao

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 10:16 AM
On to mine you go. As long as you seem to think that the Spurs have always been pure Christian soldiers you might want to look yourself in the mirror before you refer to anyone else in such a manner.

Clandestino
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
even if we were to sign him and he never played a minute it is better than having him play against us in the playoffs trying to take out tim or one of our guys... malone turned the series around last year if you don't remember...

Taco
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
NO!!!!!

BigVee
12-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Pop wouldn't go after Malone without at least a head nod from Duncan. So, if the players are okay with it, and the coaches are okay with it, then the fans should be okay with it. So when it happens, as Pop would say, "get over it".

Medvedenko
12-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Have fun guys.....

Sportcamper
12-14-2004, 11:32 AM
I am not one to believe the gossip pages but I have a friend that recently returned from San Antonio... He informed me that the people in San Antonio are very friendly, there are some great steak houses and that they have some very beautiful little Mexican gals there...

The Lakers are really facing a stacked deck now... :depressed

BronxCowboy
12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Pop wouldn't go after Malone without at least a head nod from Duncan. So, if the players are okay with it, and the coaches are okay with it, then the fans should be okay with it. So when it happens, as Pop would say, "get over it".

Just like they wouldn't have pursued Webber with Robinson's approval? I'm glad you know something the rest of us don't. :rolleyes

Ginofan
12-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Fuck you too asshole. Fuck you for not being about seeing this team win and instead worrying about some dumb fucking non-basketball related bullshit.

Fuck you for getting your goody two shoes panties in a twist because the Spurs might bring in a 57 year old Karl Malone. The Spurs had plenty of unsavory characters in the DRob era and I don't recall Spurs fans bailing out then. The Spurs have added plenty of former Spur killers over the years as veteran role players and that didn't seem to be a big problem.

I so agree! It would be different if people didn't want him here because he sucks or something that actually related to the game of basketball, but it's all about the DRob issue and Malone's dirty tactics. If David let it go years ago, and even tried to recruit Malone last year then why can't Spursfans let it go too??? It's silly to give up the opportunity of increased chances to win a ring just because some people don't like what type of person Karl Malone is.

SpursChampsIII
12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Almost 100 percent of you Anti-Malone-To-Spurs people will boo Malone the first time he is introduced, cheer him when he elbows Bryant in the piehole, then cheer for him when his name is called at the Dome for the Spurs' post-championship celebration. Enough of this, "Boo hooh, if Malone comes here I won't be for the Spurs anymore" crap. I could care less if Malone gets a ring, but I do care if the Spurs do, and we need a mean, cheap-shot artist on our team before some of these other teams will take us serious in a physical game. Can we win the championship without Malone--likely, will we win it with him--absolutely.

Jimcs50
12-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Whatever. Either way, I'm ok.

TMTTRIO
12-14-2004, 01:30 PM
I think one thing that we're lacking is some really physical presence and I think we need it to beat other physical teams. Rasho's not going to get it done. Also I don't want Malone to end up going to Minnesota or Miami where he could really help them out a lot and I'd rather not have any of our Spurs players injured by him.

Urko
12-14-2004, 01:46 PM
We have Rasho and Tim, why having Malone as well???? :wtf :wtf :wtf

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:49 PM
We have Rasho and Tim, why having Malone as well???? :wtf :wtf :wtf

Slomo
12-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Maybe they can arrange for a full body immersion sort of thing at the Arneson River Theater. Your first good idea!

I'd pay to see that, provided that they keep him under for at least 10 minutes :devil

smeagol
12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Negative

ALVAREZ6
12-14-2004, 03:23 PM
with or without Malone, he's done after this year.

SCOLA is comin to town. ... or at least i hope.