PDA

View Full Version : Man we stink....

florige
09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
The Orioles that is. Another debacle. Not as bad but 17-2 is bad enough.... :depressed :depressed

ATRAIN
09-06-2007, 08:15 AM
The Orioles that is. Another debacle. Not as bad but 17-2 is bad enough.... :depressed :depressed

Well at least no one scored 30 runs on your guys..................OH SNAP.......my bad!! :)

K-State Spur
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
How brutal was my saturday night? On ESPN, K-State is blowing a late lead against Auburn, and they are flipping between coverage of that and the O's getting no-hit.

All they needed to do was have breaking news that Jason Campbell had broken his leg and Tim Duncan was in a plane crash, and they would have drilled all my teams in one sitting....

florige
09-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Well at least no one scored 30 runs on your guys..................OH SNAP.......my bad!! :)

Thats cold A.... :lol

florige
09-06-2007, 10:30 AM
How brutal was my saturday night? On ESPN, K-State is blowing a late lead against Auburn, and they are flipping between coverage of that and the O's getting no-hit.

All they needed to do was have breaking news that Jason Campbell had broken his leg and Tim Duncan was in a plane crash, and they would have drilled all my teams in one sitting....

I don't know what the heck is up with us this year. Def this is worst and most embarrassing season that I can remember. For the last 10 years we have been pretty awful, but this season every week it's something more ridiculous happening with this team. This bullpen is absolutley the worst I have seen in the majors ever. I'm pretty sure that they couldn't pitch for most triple A teams. Freakin Bums!!!!

ATRAIN
09-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Thats cold A.... :lol

LOL yeah I know I couldnt help it :)

K-State Spur
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't know what the heck is up with us this year. Def this is worst and most embarrassing season that I can remember. For the last 10 years we have been pretty awful, but this season every week it's something more ridiculous happening with this team. This bullpen is absolutley the worst I have seen in the majors ever. I'm pretty sure that they couldn't pitch for most triple A teams. Freakin Bums!!!!

To be honest, if it weren't for the 30 run game, this wouldn't be significantly worse than normal. This was the 3rd straight August that featured a ridiculously long losing streak.

While the front office is still awful and (in my opinion) incapable of putting together a playoff club, they did put together a roster that was perfectly able to finish somewhere around .500 this past season. The majority of this is on the players. They whine and bitch and show no pride in their own games.

Keep Bedard, Roberts, and the Greek - dump EVERYBODY else ASAP. Blow this team up with extreme prejudice.

Extra Stout
09-06-2007, 12:56 PM
The Orioles will be a bad baseball team until their owner dies.

florige
09-06-2007, 03:01 PM
To be honest, if it weren't for the 30 run game, this wouldn't be significantly worse than normal. This was the 3rd straight August that featured a ridiculously long losing streak.

While the front office is still awful and (in my opinion) incapable of putting together a playoff club, they did put together a roster that was perfectly able to finish somewhere around .500 this past season. The majority of this is on the players. They whine and bitch and show no pride in their own games.

Keep Bedard, Roberts, and the Greek - dump EVERYBODY else ASAP. Blow this team up with extreme prejudice.

There was already an article on ESPN like a week ago already having Bedard in pinstripes. If we don't have a deal in line for him by the middle of next season you can kiss him good as gone. I know the team has some whiners, Tejada, Gibbons, Mora, Payton, but we were playing ok as a team up till the 30-3 debacle. The MAJOR hole in this team is the bullpen, no lead is safe with this bunch. The bad thing about the bullpen situation is this Bullpen is relatively new. Meaning that we would have to eat alot of money if we just flat out cut these bums. Aside from Bradford and Burress, and probably Walker, the rest of the pen is junk. Especially Baez. And to think I used to get upset whenever I used to see Benitez warming up.. :rolleyes This guy McPhail is supposed to be the real deal when it comes to GM's, so hopefully he gets this team into shape within a couple of years.

K-State Spur
09-06-2007, 03:13 PM
There was already an article on ESPN like a week ago already having Bedard in pinstripes. If we don't have a deal in line for him by the middle of next season you can kiss him good as gone. I know the team has some whiners, Tejada, Gibbons, Mora, Payton, but we were playing ok as a team up till the 30-3 debacle. The MAJOR hole in this team is the bullpen, no lead is safe with this bunch. The bad thing about the bullpen situation is this Bullpen is relatively new. Meaning that we would have to eat alot of money if we just flat out cut these bums. Aside from Bradford and Burress, and probably Walker, the rest of the pen is junk. Especially Baez. And to think I used to get upset whenever I used to see Benitez warming up.. :rolleyes This guy McPhail is supposed to be the real deal when it comes to GM's, so hopefully he gets this team into shape within a couple of years.

MacPhail was pretty decent in Minnesota back in the Puckett days. But ask the Cubs fans what they think of him. When Jim Hendry is considered an upgrade...

florige
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
MacPhail was pretty decent in Minnesota back in the Puckett days. But ask the Cubs fans what they think of him. When Jim Hendry is considered an upgrade...

I've heard... :lol

Melmart1
09-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Here is a nice thing to come out of the season ... the High-A Orioles affiliate won the 2007 Carolina League Championship last night.

http://mlntherawfeed.squarespace.com/minor-league-baseball/2007/9/13/frederick-keys-lock-up-salem-avalanche-2007-carolina-league-.html

I know, not much but I think it's still pretty cool. :)

K-State Spur
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately, that team leaned on a lot of guys who were too old for that level to be considered prospects. Outside of Erbe & Bascom, I'm not sure anybody on that roster is a good bet to see a day at the bigs.

florige
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Hands down I think this has got to have been the most embarrassing and disappointing season to date as a O's fan. The worst part of it is just two months ago things were looking great.