PDA

View Full Version : Kathleen Willey: Clintons stole my manuscript

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2007, 08:51 AM
ALL THE EX-PRESIDENT'S SCANDALS
Kathleen Willey: Clintons stole my manuscript
House burglary over weekend targeted copy of book days after details leaked to press

Kathleen Willey on "60 Minutes" in 1997

Kathleen Willey, the woman who says Bill Clinton groped her in the Oval Office, claims she was the target of an unusual house burglary over the weekend that nabbed a manuscript for her upcoming book, which promises explosive revelations that could damage Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Willey told WND little else was taken from her rural Virginia home as she slept alone upstairs – electronics and jewelry were left behind – and she believes the Clintons were behind it.

The break-in, she said, reminded her of the widely reported incident 10 years ago in which she claimed she was threatened near the same Richmond-area home by a stranger just two days before she was to testify against President Clinton in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case.

The theft of the manuscript early Saturday morning was suspicious, she told WND, coming only days after the first mainstream media mention of her upcoming book, which is expected to include accusations of campaign finance violations and new revelations about harassment and threats by the Clintons and their associates.

"Here we go again; it's the same thing that happened before," Willey told WND. "They want you to know they were there. And they got what they wanted. They pretty much managed to terrorize me again. It scared me to death. It's an awful feeling to know you're sound asleep upstairs and someone is downstairs."

The book, "Target: Caught in the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton" by World Ahead Publishing, WND Books' partner, is due for release in November. Willey said the stolen manuscript was not the book's final copy.

Among its revelations is Willey's identification of the person who threatened her just prior to her testimony against President Clinton – a man who turned out to be linked to the Clintons.

Willey believes the break-in and theft were prompted by teasers of the book's contents published last week in U.S. News and World Report's "Washington Whispers" column and the New York Daily News.

Willey said she is writing the book because of persistent misunderstanding about what happened 10 years ago.

"There is so much misinformation out there, and I had been so badly maligned in the press," she said. "I had the opportunity to set the record straight.

"And frankly," she added, "Hillary Clinton is running for president, and it's a story a lot of people should hear."

Willey points out her story was deemed credible by the FBI, Independent Counsel Ken Starr and CBS "60 Minutes" producers who allowed her to recount it in front of 29 million viewers.

Longtime Clinton lawyer David Kendall was not available for immediate response to Willey's new claims, and Sen. Clinton's presidential campaign has not responded.

Anne Reynolds, crime analyst for the Powhatan County Sheriff's Department, told WND she could only confirm, due to department restrictions, that there was a break-in and entry reported Saturday in the vicinity of Willey's address and that an officer responded and turned the case over to the criminal investigations department.

Willey said she has spoken with an investigator.

Summer of '97

Willey's name became known in the summer of 1997 after lawyers for Clinton accuser Paula Jones gave her name to a national magazine reporter. The lawyers had filed a lawsuit in federal court against President Clinton for sexual harassment of their client and were looking for other women who claimed similar abuse. Willey was subpoenaed by Jones' attorneys to be deposed in their case, and after many months of unsuccessful legal maneuvering, she was forced to testify.

During the months that led up to her testimony, however, she was courted by the White House and the president's attorneys to avoid testifying and then to "plead the fifth" if she was forced to take the stand.

Two days before her testimony, she was approached at dawn by a stranger while walking in her neighborhood. The man threatened her and her children, and references were made to her damaged car and missing 13-year-old pet. The message, she said, was clear: Remain silent.

Willey, nevertheless, told her story of alleged assault by the president and later became a cooperating witness before Starr's grand jury.

She was scheduled to become one of only three witnesses in the Clinton impeachment trial until some members of the House and Senate refused to allow her to testify.

In his deposition in the Jones case, Clinton acknowledged he met with Willey but "emphatically" denied her account, saying, "It did not happen ... there was nothing sexual about it."

Willey, a volunteer in Clinton's White House at the time of the 1993 encounter, said she came to the president to ask for a paying job because her husband, Ed Willey, was facing legal and financial problems.

Ed Willey killed himself on the day of the meeting, although neither his wife nor Clinton were aware at the time.

'Very Nixonian'

Willey believes the break-in last weekend was made to appear as a petty burglary, calling it 'very Nixonian, very amateurish."

"I think they wanted to make it look that way," she said. "Their clear purpose was to find the manuscript."

She points out her house is on a gravel road in the middle of 10 acres.

"I'm very remote, way out in country," she said. "You have to work hard to find me."

She went to bed Friday night upstairs, alone in her two-story home, and the next day discovered her purse was missing and someone had been in her house.

Officers from the Powhatan Sheriff's Department arrived Saturday, and she reported missing her purse, along with cash, a checkbook and credit cards. The intruder apparently came in through a window and left quietly. She said she had heard her dogs bark during the night but didn't think the disturbance was unusual.

After the officers left, she discovered the manuscript was missing from the desk of her first-floor study. Apparently, she said, someone had tried to get into her laptop computer, which, she noted, could easily have been taken but was left behind. She usually leaves her laptop running but found it had been turned off. Also her car was keyed, the antenna broken and her DirecTV satellite system was "messed with."

She spoke by telephone with a friend, a former private investigator, who advised her to look in the woods around her house. There she found her purse, with the credit cards inside and only the cash, a small amount, missing.

She said she recently had used her new computer printer to produce a copy of the manuscript for editing purposes and inadvertently printed two copies.

Apparently, she said, the intruder eventually discovered the hard copy of the manuscript and had no need for the computer.

The Clinton Derangement Syndrome.. Why do I get the feeling that this book will be a hit with the talk radio/Ann Coulter/Sean Hannity market?

DarkReign
09-06-2007, 09:14 AM
so...the clintons stole a copy of her book to get a sneak peek?

You think theyd be on the advance list.

Geez, whats a former POTUS gotta do to get on a damn list 'round here?