PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE Fred Thompson

Jelly
09-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Love his personality, love how he carries himself, love his sense of humor, love that's he's a southerner.
But now that I know his stances .... damn....can't even vote for the one guy I like. So disappointed.

Oh, Gee!!
09-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Fred has stances? When did that happen?

Jelly
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Yep. He's pretty specific on where he stand on the major issues (look them up)...unlike the rest of the wishy washy windbags who confuse the hell out of you until you forget what the question was. Anyway, I wasn't really planning on voting republican....I just got infatuated with Fred Thompson for a couple days.

xrayzebra
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Yep. He's pretty specific on where he stand on the major issues (look them up)...unlike the rest of the wishy washy windbags who confuse the hell out of you until you forget what the question was. Anyway, I wasn't really planning on voting republican....I just got infatuated with Fred Thompson for a couple days.

Yep Jelly, you always got the Dimms to vote for. They
aren't wishy washy.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z273/xrayzebra/Thedimms.gif

xrayzebra
09-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey or you can vote for:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z273/xrayzebra/Obama.gif

Jelly
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Yep Jelly, you always got the Dimms to vote for. They
aren't wishy washy.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z273/xrayzebra/Thedimms.gif

I was applying the wishy washy label to all contenders. Republican and Democrat alike.

clambake
09-06-2007, 10:39 AM
fred is old enough to be ray's grandson. that's ray's attraction.

Spurminator
09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Those comics are just hyyylarious............

Can people really make a career out of political cartoons like that? Must be the easiest job ever.

Oh, Gee!!
09-06-2007, 12:45 PM
what's scary is that there might be enough hicks and rednecks that love Thompson "cuz he talks like regular folks" to get him elected.

Spurminator
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Ehh, before long they'll all be talking like that...

monosylab1k
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Ehh, before long they'll all be talking like that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDQ1vIuvZI

Oh, Gee!!
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I think everybody should talk with a cockney accent and call each other "cunts."

Jelly
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
what's scary is that there might be enough hicks and rednecks that love Thompson "cuz he talks like regular folks" to get him elected.

He doesn't talk like a hick or redneck. He talks like an educated southern man. Just because you have a southern accent does not mean you sound like a redneck. People who think so are idiots.

PixelPusher
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
"Russians don't take a dump without a plan, son."

That movie line is freakin' gold, I tells ya.

xrayzebra
09-06-2007, 02:31 PM
^^It may be but I see no relevance to your post.

Soul_Patch
09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I think everybody should talk with a cockney accent and call each other "cunts."

that would be great!

mikeanthony21
09-06-2007, 11:23 PM

Have you seen his WIFE?

http://carryonamerica.com/photosforblog/fredjeri.jpg

boutons_
09-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Another Repug ex-actor, too old, with a standard-issue much younger bimbo wife, with a professional voice and delivery that suckers the sheeple.

mikeanthony21
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Another Repug ex-actor, too old, with a standard-issue much younger bimbo wife, with a professional voice and delivery that suckers the sheeple.

He just won the Republican nomination.

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
He doesn't talk like a hick or redneck. He talks like an educated southern man. Just because you have a southern accent does not mean you sound like a redneck. People who think so are idiots.

Southern accents make you sound dumb to everyone outside of the South.

Sorry.

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not even sure he's my first choice -- it's way too early. But, if he continues without any major hiccups, I think we should all get used to saying "President Thompson."

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm not even sure he's my first choice -- it's way too early. But, if he continues without any major hiccups, I think we should all get used to saying "President Thompson."

From Law and Order?! Man, and I thought Dems were suckers......

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
From Law and Order?! Man, and I thought Dems were suckers......
His Conservative credentials and careers as a Senator and prosecutor can be viewed separately from his acting career...and, they should be. He's performed admirably in both.

If all you see is an actor, you're misunderestimating yet another Republican presidential candidate.

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:15 PM
His Conservative credentials and careers as a Senator and prosecutor can be viewed separately from his acting career...and, they should be. He's performed admirably in both.

If all you see is an actor, you're misunderestimating yet another Republican presidential candidate.

"...yet another..."?

Please Yoni, explain to me what you meant by that?

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 02:18 PM
"...yet another..."?

Please Yoni, explain to me what you meant by that?
Well, Ronald Reagan (who won two terms) was variously described as dim-witted and disingenuous. History has proven that his conservative ideas, formed during a PR career with GE were legitimate and sincere.

George W. Bush, while never an actor, has been similarly "misunderestimated" as being too stupid to be president. I also believe History will be much more kind to him than to his critics.

How old are you anyway?

xrayzebra
09-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, Ronald Reagan (who won two terms) was variously described as dim-witted and disingenuous. History has proven that his conservative ideas, formed during a PR career with GE were legitimate and sincere.

George W. Bush, while never an actor, has been similarly "misunderestimated" as being too stupid to be president. I also believe History will be much more kind to him than to his critics.

How old are you anyway?

Don't forget the press labeled him the "Teflon kid"
And he made all of them look like what they were "fools".
And Bush so far has done the same thing.

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Bush makes Reagan look like Newton.

Austria vs Australia....Nuclear vs Nooklar...."..theyre devising ways to kill Americans, and so are we." .... need I go on?

How old are you anyway?

If I said 40, would that make you feel better?

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Bush makes Reagan look like Newton.
And, neither Bush nor Reagan cared that you think that. They just continue to do their job.

It's obvious that neither were idiots but, if it helps you to justify your derision, go ahead. I'm sure they'd put their achievements up against yours any day of the week.

Austria vs Australia....Nuclear vs Nooklar...."..theyre devising ways to kill Americans, and so are we." .... need I go on?
Anecdotal mumbo-jumbo of a man whose every public utterance is recorded. But, do go on if it helps you.

If I said 40, would that make you feel better?
It'd make me feel very sad for you. Who pins your bib on at the home?

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
It'd make me feel very sad for you. Who pins your bib on at the home?

:lmao

Classic.

Yoni, if you knew me in real life, youd eat those words. Ive never compared myself to Presidents, but its good to know you would use their accomplishments against mine in some twisted logic.

But, I would rather guarantee that what Im doing at 27 in all facets of life greatly shades what you were doing at 27. Greatly.

So please, lets leave personal lives out of the conversation. Youd get whooped-on by a far and wide margin.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
What is scary is that voters who vote for demonrats like all the phoniness.

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 02:52 PM
:lmao

Classic.

Yoni, if you knew me in real life, youd eat those words. Ive never compared myself to Presidents, but its good to know you would use their accomplishments against mine in some twisted logic.

But, I would rather guarantee that what Im doing at 27 in all facets of life greatly shades what you were doing at 27. Greatly.

So please, lets leave personal lives out of the conversation. Youd get whooped-on by a far and wide margin.
You're the one denigrating the intellect and accomplishments of two, two-term presidents. Not me.

You'll never find me accusing Bill Clinton of being stupid...just criminal.

angel_luv
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Have you seen his WIFE?

http://carryonamerica.com/photosforblog/fredjeri.jpg

Whoa.

PixelPusher
09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Says the guy who defends Flip Romney.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Says the guy who defends Flip Romney.
Yes, and what those calling a Romney Flip-Flop isn't. That has been properly explained, and this is a thread about Thompson.

clambake
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
this thread can't escape the party affiliation.

Oh, Gee!!
09-07-2007, 03:35 PM

simple mind

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Whoa.
Not to mention, none of his exes have a bad thing to say about him. Hell, his first wife's husband is a Thompson supporter.

Go Fred!