PDA

View Full Version : Fresno State @ Texas A&M

johngateswhiteley
09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
1:30 PM MT Fox Sports TV

Texas A&M 35
Fresno State 17

...it will be a gritty performance from those lovable Bull Dogs. unfortunately, i have a rugby game at 1pm....Gig'em.

Holmes_Fans
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I think it's a little bit lower scoring, 28-17 or 14. A&M only put up 38 on Montana state and Stephen Mcgee had a great game

johngateswhiteley
09-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I think it's a little bit lower scoring, 28-17 or 14. A&M only put up 38 on Montana state and Stephen Mcgee had a great game

McGee didn't have a great game, he can do a lot better in the air.

Doug Collins
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
If David Carr plays it'll be Fresno state 56 A&M 31. If not, A&M 31 FS 17.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2007, 06:25 PM
If David Carr plays it'll be Fresno state 56 A&M 31. If not, A&M 31 FS 17.

please...don't confuse a lackluster performance against a scrappy 1-AA team as A&M not having a good team this year. this is the best Fran has had and i think A&M has a good shot at the Big 12 title. A&M should handle Fresno State....

...at least A&M didn't get beat or almost lose ala michigan and t.u.

leemajors
09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
michigan did lose.

mookie2001
09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah almost losing by 8 points is the same as losing

mookie2001
09-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Texas Agricultural and Mechanical Agriculturers 10
fresno state 9

Fillmoe
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
i got fresno

K-State Spur
09-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Fresno is scrappy (and they'll throw everything at you) and even a bit dirty (a lot of diving into knees on their side of the ball). You take any win you can get against them and be happy to have it.

Beaverfuzz
09-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Fuck the Bulldogs, go A&M.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Texas Agriculture and Mechanical Agriculturers 7
Fresno State Bulldogs 10

zekes
09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I don't think that aggie will cover.

TheSanityAnnex
09-08-2007, 01:16 AM
My cousin is the starting nickel back for the Bulldogs and my dad played for them as well. Fuck Texas.

leemajors
09-08-2007, 09:51 AM
My cousin is the starting nickel back for the Bulldogs and my dad played for them as well. Fuck Texas A&M.

Holt's Cat
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
A&M 28
Fresno St 10

TheSanityAnnex
09-08-2007, 11:52 AM
thank you for the correction Lee. My other cousin coached baseball for the Horns so I've got nothing but love for them.

Whisky Dog
09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Uh oh, Aggie having problems with Fresno. 8 pt game with Fresno driving on Aggie D. Should be a good finish to this game.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2007, 05:21 PM
LOL at JGW being the white rugby playing analogue of Jorrrvorrrskie lane

leemajors
09-08-2007, 05:28 PM
2pt conversion is good!

Whisky Dog
09-08-2007, 05:34 PM
McGee throws one ugly ass ball. Good thing for Aggie that they can run the ball. Can Fresno stop the run and finish the game off with a w?

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM
If McGee was black all you would hear is how he's a running quarterback that constantly says "I am not a running quarterback" which is always an admission that you ARE a running quarterback and your passing game is not shit.
McGee would be so unhailed if he were black i swear.
He sucks. Lane on the other hand is hte fattest strongest biggest RB in the state of Texas History.

leemajors
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
they going for it?

leemajors
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
guess not. damn college OT is sooo lame.

Switchman
09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
booooooooooyah

Can't stop the big man.

Whisky Dog
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
This shit is taking forever. I wish FSN had another network to switch the Longhorn game to.

Switchman
09-08-2007, 06:56 PM
It'll either be a blowout by the time T.U. is on, or it'll be a close game and you'll catch the 2nd half.

tlongII
09-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Dennis Dixon played more like Vince Young against Michigan than VY himself.

scott
09-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Texas A&M needs 3 OT to beat Fresno? Looks like OU is the only real team in the Big 12 this year.

Holmes_Fans
09-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Texas A&M needs 3 OT to beat Fresno? Looks like OU is the only real team in the Big 12 this year.
How do you figure that?

OU beats a crappy UNT team with a coach who was in HS a year ago. Texas beats Arky State using 3 plays.

OU blows out an unranked miami team. Texas blows out a top 20 team....

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Just how good Miami is can be debated, but OU is the real deal. If UT plays like they did in the 2nd half and if their D and O are consistent for a game then it has the makings of being one hell of a collision in Dallas. Neither team better get a big head and overlook the other or they will get beaten down. It has all the makings of a great game.

Brutalis
09-08-2007, 10:13 PM
OU right now would fry the shit out of A&M.

dallaskd
09-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Damn A&M has nothing to be proud of. They are lucky little bitches.

j-6
09-08-2007, 11:22 PM
A&M attempted one pass in three OT's, and that was incomplete. I don't know how you're going to keep up with the UT's and the OU's of the world when you only throw for 80 yards against a middle-of-the-road WAC team. We're not talking about a token effort, either. McGee put 25 balls in the air and his biggest completion was that TD in the 2nd quarter.

But sweet baby Jesus, that Aggie running attack was a sight to behold. I guess what I don't get is if you have an option QB, a power back, and a speed back, why not run some more power-orientated formations? Fran isn't fooling anyone going three and four wide in that spread option hybrid thingie the Ags were running when Goodson and Lane were in the backfield at the same time. Their best receiver seems to be the tight end, Bennett.

They've got a good shot at 5-0 before Okie State comes to town. I wasn't terribly impressed with Miami's run defense, and both Baylor and ULM suck.

dallaskd
09-08-2007, 11:28 PM
A good team would destroy A&M, you know what their doin everyplay.

leemajors
09-08-2007, 11:50 PM
A&M attempted one pass in three OT's, and that was incomplete. I don't know how you're going to keep up with the UT's and the OU's of the world when you only throw for 80 yards against a middle-of-the-road WAC team. We're not talking about a token effort, either. McGee put 25 balls in the air and his biggest completion was that TD in the 2nd quarter.

McGee didn't have a great game, he can do a lot better in the air.

dallaskd
09-09-2007, 12:05 AM
O and btw...A&m cant play Defense worth shit.

tlongII
09-09-2007, 12:25 AM
OU will absolutely destroy UT. A&M vs UT will be a good game, but OU vs UT will be a rout.

j-6
09-09-2007, 01:02 AM
OU will absolutely destroy UT. A&M vs UT will be a good game, but OU vs UT will be a rout.

I'm pretty confident that Texas is the only thing standing between OU's running of the table in regular season play, but I don't know about a rout yet. The Horns put together a good second half and KO'ed a top-20 team.

I don't even score 79 points on North Texas playing Xbox college football, and rolling into Miami and working the Canes over by 41 with a freshman QB and no A-Pete is no small feat either. So yeah, I can handle an OU loss this year. Oklahoma's going to be ranked probably third or fourth by the time Texas-OU comes around, and Texas gets to sweat UCF on the road and a revenge game with K-State first.

Here's hoping UT's Florida trip will be as enjoyable as Oklahoma's.

Whisky Dog
09-09-2007, 01:52 AM

I'm more inclined to think your football predictions are as shitty as your basketball ones. UT just kicked the shit out of a top 20 team with serious motivation after spotting them a half and 10 pts. OU seems like the real deal, but let's be real here, they haven't played a ranked opponent yet. Miami has no defense and a very lackluster offense. If you want to compare opponents TCU is a top 20 team with a better offense and infinitely, I mean INFINITELY better defense than Miami. UT just whipped the shit out of both, especially TCU's offense. I'll have to see a lot more against a quality opponent from OU before I say that they should even be favored in that game. So far in both weeks UT has played and beaten superior opponents.

leemajors
09-09-2007, 02:31 AM
UT can't afford to have a lackluster half from Colt like against TCU. Should be a good game, could get out of hand either way.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty confident that Texas is the only thing standing between OU's running of the table in regular season play, but I don't know about a rout yet. The Horns put together a good second half and KO'ed a top-20 team.

I don't even score 79 points on North Texas playing Xbox college football, and rolling into Miami and working the Canes over by 41 with a freshman QB and no A-Pete is no small feat either. So yeah, I can handle an OU loss this year. Oklahoma's going to be ranked probably third or fourth by the time Texas-OU comes around, and Texas gets to sweat UCF on the road and a revenge game with K-State first.

Here's hoping UT's Florida trip will be as enjoyable as Oklahoma's.

??? They played Miami in Norman, dude.

j-6
09-09-2007, 11:48 AM
??? They played Miami in Norman, dude.

My bad. I didn't bet it or watch it live.

WHOTTABITCH
09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Where's all the ;"Bukkake, choadebloade, neocon linebacker, agaggaggaraggie chiggggagggarummie, <gigles>, shit on their liberty cabbage, talk the resident Longhorn Victards are known for?

Cmon Victoria, Wake up!

I wan't to seem some spirit!!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
You don't keep up well enough to understand the CBF's sentiments towards this season.

Cursed I saidddd
OU has too much depth especially at RB, wow.
A&M has the fattest strongest most explosively large RB in the history of our State.

BTW you blatantly sound like gtownspur.

WHOTTABITCH
09-09-2007, 12:37 PM
You don't keep up well enough to understand the CBF's sentiments towards this season.

Cursed I saidddd
OU has too much depth especially at RB, wow.
A&M has the fattest strongest most explosively large RB in the history of our State.

BTW you blatantly sound like gtownspur.

THat's a mere coincidence.

Doug Collins
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM

Welcome to the Fran era of aggie football.

Holt's Cat
09-09-2007, 07:59 PM

They did before halftime. Unfortunately the D took the rest of the game off.

Kong
09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
As an old coach used to say,"run it till they stop it". They couldn't stop the running backs, so we didn't pass.

I do, however, have serious concerns about the lack of the passing attack. Need to see what happens next week.

RonMexico
09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Fran gets 19 point lead... then decides it's time to play prevent D with ball-control, non-inventive offense to continue grinding out the clock and going 3 and out every drive... Lane being able to pound in 2pt conversion saves him from becoming Lloyd Carr #2 of this season.

MajorMike
09-10-2007, 08:33 AM
As an old coach used to say,"run it till they stop it". They couldn't stop the running backs, so we didn't pass.

I do, however, have serious concerns about the lack of the passing attack. Need to see what happens next week.

That's the way OSU was in 2004 with Woods at QB and Morency running. He couldn't pass and no one (early) could stop our run. So we just didn't pass. When we ran into anyone with any semblance of a defense, it wasn't pretty.

Doug Collins
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
That's the way OSU was in 2004 with Woods at QB and Morency running. He couldn't pass and no one (early) could stop our run. So we just didn't pass. When we ran into anyone with any semblance of a defense, it wasn't pretty.

Until Fran and the O-Coord. throw deep, the passing game will be non-existent. The only pass plays we have are simple single read quick slants/hooks that go for about 3 yards. I'm shocked Mcgee doesnt have more interceptions because every single pass play seems telegraphed by him staring down his one read. The lack of play action passing also drives me insane. Our one play action play involves a fake option sprint by Mcgee who then backs up and usually gets sacked because the play takes about 12 minutes to develop. A screen to Goodson every now and then might be good.

The defense is what it has been for the last 4 years except that I see a lot more blitzing. The corners play off the receivers allowing them a free release. Any decent qb can throw the ball around at will. Right now Tech will murder us as will OU.

FromWayDowntown
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
A&M won that game ONLY because the kid from Fresno who tried to score in the first OT foolishly extended the ball and fumbled -- and its not as though the fumble was a forced fumble, either. Had that guy just taken 1st and 10 at the 1, I suspect that Fresno punches it in during its next 3 plays and leaves Kyle Field with a win. I wish coaches would discourage players from trying to make that play -- it doesn't really accomplish much and mostly creates such greater chances for bad things to happen.

Doug Collins
09-10-2007, 11:53 AM
A&M won that game ONLY because the kid from Fresno who tried to score in the first OT foolishly extended the ball and fumbled -- and its not as though the fumble was a forced fumble, either. Had that guy just taken 1st and 10 at the 1, I suspect that Fresno punches it in during its next 3 plays and leaves Kyle Field with a win. I wish coaches would discourage players from trying to make that play -- it doesn't really accomplish much and mostly creates such greater chances for bad things to happen.

If he doesn't fumble the game is over, just like if the aggies don't get yet another dumbass roughing the passer penalty the game is over. Fran coaches the most undisciplined team in the Big 12. Thank god the running game works or else the aggies would be in huge trouble.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I would think that A&M would start seeing a lot of press coverage and 7 or 8 in the box to stop the running game. McGee's attempts at throwing resulted in some of the ugliest balls I've seen since the last time I watched a JR High game, and that won't bode well against OU or Texas. If Texas has a healthy team going into that last game it won't be pretty for A&M.

Holmes_Fans
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I feel bad for Stephen McGee, he was a good passer coming out of HS. And going to a&m franchione promised him that it would be a throwing offense. Franchione didn't have as bad of a rep as he does now, and Reggie McNeal wasn't considered a bust yet so I don't blame him for going there. Franchione is the QB killer.

mookie2001
09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
hes a good runner i just think they would want to give 10 of his carries to mike goodson

or in corso
thats what i woulda done

Cant_Be_Faded
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Its easy to say teams should be able to anticpiate A&M's singular (1) dimensional offense, but that one dimension is so fat and dominant that its still unstoppable. Texas knew what to expect last season, and Colt's hurt shoulder didn't affect our defense.
A&M just bumbles, stumbles, rumbles in for yards with consistent running.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Its easy to say teams should be able to anticpiate A&M's singular (1) dimensional offense, but that one dimension is so fat and dominant that its still unstoppable. Texas knew what to expect last season, and Colt's hurt shoulder didn't affect our defense.
A&M just bumbles, stumbles, rumbles in for yards with consistent running.

Didn't UT only give up 12 pts? They should have scored more than that by the 2nd quarter. Colt's shoulder probably had a lot to do with that.

Doug Collins
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Didn't UT only give up 12 pts? They should have scored more than that by the 2nd quarter. Colt's shoulder probably had a lot to do with that.

The Aggies running the ball and racking up Time of Possession had a lot to do with Texas not having opportunities to score.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
The Aggies running the ball and racking up Time of Possession had a lot to do with Texas not having opportunities to score.
That's a good point and part of it, but they still had enough possessions to put up at least 14 pts. They just fucking sucked on that day and were caught with a traitor ass suck bitch for a backup QB.

RonMexico
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Ags should trade for Chad Henne

RonMexico
09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Let's just put this in perspective. Fran has terrible "momentum management" as I like to call it, and once he gets a double digit lead, likes to option/HB dive it every play or give a 3-step drop quick slant to a receiver that probably will drop or get pounded by a DB that can read McGee's telegraphed throw.

Basically, the only way LT set the record at TCU is that he probably decided to take that shit into his own hands and not deal with Fran trying to string together 6-play drives that take 5 minutes or more off the clock each time.

samikeyp
09-11-2007, 06:49 AM
It has begun...

http://www.firedennisfranchione.com/

degenerate_gambler
09-11-2007, 09:02 AM
It has begun...

http://www.firedennisfranchione.com/

it's been off and one for awhile now...

http://aggielandblogger.blogspot.com/2005/10/fire-franchione.html

Willinsa
09-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I thought Franny was the second coming of God for the aggies, guess not.

j-6
09-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Basically, the only way LT set the record at TCU is that he probably decided to take that shit into his own hands and not deal with Fran trying to string together 6-play drives that take 5 minutes or more off the clock each time.

If I remember correctly, TCU was struggling with a really bad UTEP team and just fed the ball to LT almost the entire second half. He had 300 or so yards in the second half with four TD's and a couple of 70+ yard runs.

RonMexico
09-12-2007, 11:21 AM
If I remember correctly, TCU was struggling with a really bad UTEP team and just fed the ball to LT almost the entire second half. He had 300 or so yards in the second half with four TD's and a couple of 70+ yard runs.

I actually had no idea what happened in that game and did no research. Either way, Mike Goodson and Jorvorskie Lane are great running backs, but they are no LT... and they aren't playing 6 UTEP's this year in the Big 12.

Extra Stout
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
The failure to fire Dennis Franchione as early as two years ago is an indictment against the intelligence of the entire Texas A&M adminstration.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
The aggies can lose every game from here on out but if they beat Texas, the season is salvaged and coach fran remains coach.

Whisky Dog
09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
The aggies can lose every game from here on out but if they beat Texas, the season is salvaged and coach fran remains coach.

That's a fucked up attitude with pure obsession on one team.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
That's a fucked up attitude with pure obsession on one team.

Fuck up it is, but it is very true. It is why coach Fran kept his job last season. Beating Texas is like winning the national title for the aggies or so that is what was told to me from a good friend in aggie land.

Kermit
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Losing six years in a row will do that to you. I remember how good it felt for the Longhorns to no longer be the red-headed step-children of Stoops.

RonMexico
09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Fuck up it is, but it is very true. It is why coach Fran kept his job last season. Beating Texas is like winning the national title for the aggies or so that is what was told to me from a good friend in aggie land.

Then your good friend is an idiot, because that's not the case. Being 2-14 against Tech, OU, and Texas is what Fran needs to change, not simply beating Texas each year.

Beating Texas (and also Tech) while winning a bowl game will save Fran's job for a few years, but he'll eventually be ousted if he does not take this team to a BCS bowl. The expectations are higher than fans of other teams think. This squad (on paper) has talent that should compete for better than 3rd in the Big 12 South... for God's sake, they would have been if they didn't bring 12 men on the field against OU, give up a late second bomb to Tech, and being unable to hold a lead against Nebraska with 3 mins left.

However, such mistakes are on the coach and it is the responsibility of him and his staff to manage the clock correctly and wrangle every ounce of motivation and desire to win out of these kids.

degenerate_gambler
09-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Being 2-14 against Tech, OU, and Texas is what Fran needs to change, not simply beating Texas each year.

You're exactly right. Of course a win over UT is special and for Aggies everywhere, it is THE game of the year. But at some point even the most loyal Ag has to come to the conclusion that however satisfying it is to win on T+1, if you can't consistently beat TTech and OU (at least at home), your basically playing for pride in the last game of the year against Texas. With the resources available, that should be unacceptable at A&M.

RonMexico
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
You're exactly right. Of course a win over UT is special and for Aggies everywhere, it is THE game of the year. But at some point even the most loyal Ag has to come to the conclusion that however satisfying it is to win on T+1, if you can't consistently beat TTech and OU (at least at home), your basically playing for pride in the last game of the year against Texas. With the resources available, that should be unacceptable at A&M.

Exactly. I think earlier this year/summer, we all determined that A&M and UT had the largest athletic revenue in the Big 12, with one or the other leading in nearly every major category.

So the only question remains: why does one have multiple Big 12 South titles and a recent National Championship, while the other is still looking to make it to its first conference title game in almost 10 years?

Whisky Dog
09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
You would figure that Aggie would be more competitive on a year in, year out basis with their resources. They became relevant in basketball for the first time in a long time, but with Gill and Acie gone it's going to be tough sledding to stay up there. They've been a marginal 20 to 40 ranked team in football for a while now too. It's odd.

MajorMike
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
You know, I can see both sides of this Fran thing, leading to what someone said about losing all the games but beating UT and he would have a job. That used to be the story at OSU as well, go 4-7 but beat uo and the coach is good. Well, we finally outgrew that with Simmons. He could beat uo but not many other people. He got canned.

With the aggrot past and supposedly being the #2 dog in the richest hs football talent state, there is no way atm should be out-recruited by OSU and ttek. Personally, the way aggrot pushed Slocum out of him job, I don't know how Fran still has one. RC was a defensive genius, and they booted him after a 6-6 record.

RC's last 5 years:
1998 Texas A&M 11-3 7-1 1st L Sugar Bowl
1999 Texas A&M 8-4 5-3 T-2nd (South) L Alamo Bowl
2000 Texas A&M 7-5 5-3 3rd (South) L Independence Bowl
2001 Texas A&M 8-4 4-4 T-3rd (South) W galleryfurniture.com Bowl
2002 Texas A&M 6-6 3-5 5th (South)

Fran's atm years:
2003 Texas A&M 4-8 2-6 5th (South)
2004 Texas A&M 7-5 5-3 T-3rd (South) L Cotton Bowl
2005 Texas A&M 5-6 3-5 4th (South)
2006 Texas A&M 9-4 5-3 3rd (South) L Holiday Bowl
2007 Texas A&M 2-0 0-0

RC was ranked in the final polls ever year until his last 3 while Fran has never ended the year ranked. RC never had a losing record at atm, Fran has 2 in 4 years. The last atm coach to win a bowl game? RC.

I honestly don't know how aggrot has tolerated Fran this long. Fran has never beaten uo, last year was his 1st win against UT and has beaten ttek once a couple years ago, and it isn't like he just misses every year - most of the losses to those teams were UGLY (77-0, 56-17, 59-28, 40-29, 46-15).

atm is a top 30 team in winning percentage all time. In the Fran era, they are tired for 60th, with OSU and Tulsa posting better overall records.

I honestly think there is still some facination in Fran due to the fact he chose atm over Bama... it is like a torch being carried by the school dating back to bear Bryant. How does this guy still have a job?

Personally, I think it is frickin funny and hope they keep him for many years.

RonMexico
09-15-2007, 02:06 AM
You know, I can see both sides of this Fran thing, leading to what someone said about losing all the games but beating UT and he would have a job. That used to be the story at OSU as well, go 4-7 but beat uo and the coach is good. Well, we finally outgrew that with Simmons. He could beat uo but not many other people. He got canned.

With the aggrot past and supposedly being the #2 dog in the richest hs football talent state, there is no way atm should be out-recruited by OSU and ttek. Personally, the way aggrot pushed Slocum out of him job, I don't know how Fran still has one. RC was a defensive genius, and they booted him after a 6-6 record.

RC's last 5 years:
1998 Texas A&M 11-3 7-1 1st L Sugar Bowl
1999 Texas A&M 8-4 5-3 T-2nd (South) L Alamo Bowl
2000 Texas A&M 7-5 5-3 3rd (South) L Independence Bowl
2001 Texas A&M 8-4 4-4 T-3rd (South) W galleryfurniture.com Bowl
2002 Texas A&M 6-6 3-5 5th (South)

Fran's atm years:
2003 Texas A&M 4-8 2-6 5th (South)
2004 Texas A&M 7-5 5-3 T-3rd (South) L Cotton Bowl
2005 Texas A&M 5-6 3-5 4th (South)
2006 Texas A&M 9-4 5-3 3rd (South) L Holiday Bowl
2007 Texas A&M 2-0 0-0

RC was ranked in the final polls ever year until his last 3 while Fran has never ended the year ranked. RC never had a losing record at atm, Fran has 2 in 4 years. The last atm coach to win a bowl game? RC.

I honestly don't know how aggrot has tolerated Fran this long. Fran has never beaten uo, last year was his 1st win against UT and has beaten ttek once a couple years ago, and it isn't like he just misses every year - most of the losses to those teams were UGLY (77-0, 56-17, 59-28, 40-29, 46-15).

atm is a top 30 team in winning percentage all time. In the Fran era, they are tired for 60th, with OSU and Tulsa posting better overall records.

I honestly think there is still some facination in Fran due to the fact he chose atm over Bama... it is like a torch being carried by the school dating back to bear Bryant. How does this guy still have a job?

Personally, I think it is frickin funny and hope they keep him for many years.

Actually, no - any real fan was VERY upset with last year's result and I personally expressed disgust because it seemed like Fran wasted his first victory against UT in 5 years because we lost 3 other games by a COMBINED 8 points (Nebraska, OU, Tech). Had we won any of those games (well, 2 out of 3), a Big 12 South Title and Top 10 ranking were definitely within reach. If you haven't noticed how angry we are about a 3OT victory against a WAC opponent that produced David Carr, then you obviously aren't listening CaptMike.

Oh, nice job coming up with blowout scores that all occurred BEFORE last year (and that 40-29 score against UT is a little skewed since we were in that game until a few special teams mishaps in the 4th quarter).

I'm in Dubai and my internet is gonna run out in a few mins, but I'll continue later.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Then your good friend is an idiot, because that's not the case. Being 2-14 against Tech, OU, and Texas is what Fran needs to change, not simply beating Texas each year.

Beating Texas (and also Tech) while winning a bowl game will save Fran's job for a few years, but he'll eventually be ousted if he does not take this team to a BCS bowl. The expectations are higher than fans of other teams think. This squad (on paper) has talent that should compete for better than 3rd in the Big 12 South... for God's sake, they would have been if they didn't bring 12 men on the field against OU, give up a late second bomb to Tech, and being unable to hold a lead against Nebraska with 3 mins left.

However, such mistakes are on the coach and it is the responsibility of him and his staff to manage the clock correctly and wrangle every ounce of motivation and desire to win out of these kids.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun :madrun Agreed. They have had some of the worst luck dealing with Tech and with OU. This team has alot of talent. The games they lost they were in till the final moments.

Dirk Nowitzki
09-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Oh, nice job coming up with blowout scores that all occurred BEFORE last year (and that 40-29 score against UT is a little skewed since we were in that game until a few special teams mishaps in the 4th quarter).

OMG That game the Aggies had so many injuries and were depleted to the point to where they had to bring walk ons to that team. They had to throw a 2nd string (Mcgee at the time) into the fire with Reggie being hurt. They gave the Horns a scare with a depleted roster. Fumbles off of punts and all did them in.

RonMexico
09-15-2007, 07:13 AM
OMG That game the Aggies had so many injuries and were depleted to the point to where they had to bring walk ons to that team. They had to throw a 2nd string (Mcgee at the time) into the fire with Reggie being hurt. They gave the Horns a scare with a depleted roster. Fumbles off of punts and all did them in.

Exactly, Marquis Carpenter fumbles a punt at our 20 yard line and then they score and the game is pretty much over from there. (Also, I Tivo'd that game even though I was there and I was almost positive from my seats - 2nd deck, A&M's 20 yd line - that Carpenter got the ball back. They even reviewed the play on the field and ruled it went to Texas. Sure enough, I went home and Carpenter fell on the ball right when he fumbled it, but about 10 UT guys jumped on him and one of them wrestled it free. I'm sure with UT's recent string of legal troubles, such a steal is not surprising.)

That game cemented McGee as a leader, but yeah, we were throwing walk-on RBs and CBs out there to compete against the eventual National Champions... a team that competed with UT for over 3 quarters.

Then again, A&M hasn't gotten blown out by to Troy, so I guess CaptMike has an argument about how much better OSU is this year. But I'm just an "aggrot," so what would I know... *sigh* such is the state of your program...

samikeyp
09-15-2007, 08:38 AM
That game cemented McGee as a leader, but yeah, we were throwing walk-on RBs and CBs out there to compete against the eventual National Champions... a team that competed with UT for over 3 quarters.

And outplayed them for a half.

It pissed me off and I am glad that Texas pulled that game out but you gotta give props to McGee in that game. I don't think he will make it in the NFL but he is a good college QB.

RonMexico
09-15-2007, 08:44 AM
And outplayed them for a half.

It pissed me off and I am glad that Texas pulled that game out but you gotta give props to McGee in that game. I don't think he will make it in the NFL but he is a good college QB.

Yeah - I can't remember, but did he have like 200 all-purpose yards that game or something?

He is a great college QB and I think he's got the support of everyone on the team, which I highly doubt Reggie had.