PDA

View Full Version : Dirk and Amare

SpursDynasty
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Funny how those guys this summer talk about how they're focused on winning the NBA title.

No kidding! Aren't all teams focused on winning the championship? You have to go out, play the game the right way, and go get it.

This is why I love the Spurs' "keep quiet" approach to everything.

Excerpt from some Arizona newspaper on Amare:

[[Asked last week what he needs to do to lead Phoenix to a title, Stoudemire said, "Stay on the bench," a smiling jab at his suspension, which the Suns feel was largely responsible for their playoff series loss to San Antonio.]]

Yeah, keep telling yourself that Amare. Stay on the bench, don't get suspended, and your team probably would still lose because YOU ALL CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE.

Another excerpt

[[Stoudemire said he has the key to beating San Antonio but it is a secret. But it really isn't: He will concentrate on his defensive progress.

"This helped me personally from a defensive standpoint," he said. "I took a lot of heed to the strategies (U.S. assistant) Nate McMillan and Coach K (U.S. head coach Mike Krzyzewski) stressed. I've worked on that, and I'm ready to show that during the season."]]

The key for PHOENIX to beat San Antonio is to not play them at all. If Stoudemire had the "key" to beating SA, he wouldn't have lost to them in the playoffs in 2003, 2005, and 2007. And the FIBA tournament will do little to help your play in the NBA. Making noise in the FIBA tournament is great and all, but the NBA is a completely different story.

How about Dirk's "We ran into a hot team" or "We had trouble with one team, not 29". Nice way to dance around the fact that you lost.

Dirk, Amare: You can dance around and try to sugar coat these statements, but the fact is, you suck and you lost!

mavs>spurs2
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Nice to have you back, dickhead

v2freak
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Funny how those guys this summer talk about how they're focused on winning the NBA title.

No kidding! Aren't all teams focused on winning the championship? You have to go out, play the game the right way, and go get it.

[[Asked last week what he needs to do to lead Phoenix to a title, Stoudemire said, "Stay on the bench," a smiling jab at his suspension, which the Suns feel was largely responsible for their playoff series loss to San Antonio.]]

Yeah, keep telling yourself that Amare. Stay on the bench, don't get suspended, and your team probably would still lose because YOU ALL CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE.

Another excerpt

[[Stoudemire said he has the key to beating San Antonio but it is a secret. But it really isn't: He will concentrate on his defensive progress.

"This helped me personally from a defensive standpoint," he said. "I took a lot of heed to the strategies (U.S. assistant) Nate McMillan and Coach K (U.S. head coach Mike Krzyzewski) stressed. I've worked on that, and I'm ready to show that during the season."]]

The key for PHOENIX to beat San Antonio is to not play them at all. If Stoudemire had the "key" to beating SA, he wouldn't have lost to them in the playoffs in 2003, 2005, and 2007. And the FIBA tournament will do little to help your play in the NBA. Making noise in the FIBA tournament is great and all, but the NBA is a completely different story.

How about Dirk's "We ran into a hot team" or "We had trouble with one team, not 29". Nice way to dance around the fact that you lost.

Dirk, Amare: You can dance around and try to sugar coat these statements, but the fact is, you suck and you lost!

:toast

SAtown
09-06-2007, 06:35 PM
We missed you, buddy

Findog
09-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Another excerpt

You're a little rusty, this is a bit forced, but it's a nice change of pace from da_suns_fan's "spurs are boring/suns get good ratings" stuck on repeat meanderings.

SpursDynasty
09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Rusty at what? Forced what?

I just made a post saying how funny it is that Amare and Dirk make headlines for saying they're focused on winning the championship :lol

dallaskd
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
maybe they are...is anything wrong with that?

da_suns_fan__
09-06-2007, 08:33 PM

Another excerpt

Is THAT what they're doing?

Boy, they sure do it well.

I just thought the Spurs were so boring that no sports writer out of San Antonio would dare write about them out of fear of no one reading their article.

At least there was this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/tim_duncan_staring_at_wall

duncan228
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
At least there was this:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/tim_duncan_staring_at_wall

Been there.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76821

Switchman
09-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Fast Forward to next year's playoffs :pctoss

Eugene Greco
09-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Another excerpt

Hi jeffdrums22,

this is your worship leader Eugene Greco, just composing songs i'm supposed to compose, and responding to fans i'm supposed to respond. How bout you?

With Jesus by your side, he'll be there to bless you with blessings, all other gods before him are flukes who get all the worship, and all the praise.

When Jesus get's praised, he's getting the praise he's supposed to get. All other praises are giant flukes.

With love,

Your freind in jesus.

Eugene Greco.

yourcheatinheart
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM
sweet jesus if you love me so, start the season tomorrow.

josh daniels
09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Josh Daniels is a 24-year-old guitar prodigy, multi-instrumentalist and front man of the Dallas band, The Josh Daniels Band. Josh has played over 140 dates in 2005 and gained a significant amount of radio airplay in 2006. Josh’s debut album, “Sermons at Gunpoint”, will be released early in 2007. Music is a constant with many family members having professional music careers. Josh began his musical interest at a very young age of 10-years-old and began performing nightly in clubs by the age of sixteen. As young as he is at 24, Josh has produced, written and performed for numerous acts across all genres. All his experience has led Josh back to his alt. country roots and more importantly given him the insight to be a great performer.

Jeff Freemanis originally from Tyler, Texas but at 22 is a very accomplished musician. He received his 1st drum set when he was only 5 years old. He studied under the Great Ken “Nardo” Murray and spent 17 years training to become one of the best drummers in Texas. The past 4 years he has played professionally from Austin to Dallas. Professional Studio Musician at Arlyn Studios (Austin, Texas) and Pedernales Studio in Austin, Texas. Venues played: Voodoo Lounge @ Jackson Mississippi, Hard Rock @ Austin, Tx., Dukes Roadhouse @ Addison, Tx (4th of July Kaboom Town) Saxon Pub @ Austin, Tx.
SXSW @ Austin, Tx.Credits: Recorded/Teched/Played Entrust – Drummer, Dan Wojokowski, Los Lonely Boys, Sonny Throckmorton (Writer for "When a cowboy rides away" George Strait single), Hillary Duff ( Shauney Baby - Drummer for Hillary Duff), The Difference ( Cindy Blackman - Lenny Kravitz's Drummer & Foley)

Shameless Plug..

Ok, lets get to buisiness!

Jeff! didn't i tell you to stop surfing the internet like your supposed to?

We're definately going to sound like a fluke Hootie And the Blowfish band meets Pearl Jam and Nickelback if you don't stop posting fluke takes on a fluke message board.

When Jeff doesn't practice his drum parts he's just being the lazy bum musician he's not supposed to.

Findog
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
SXSW @ Austin, Tx.Credits: Recorded/Teched/Played Entrust – Drummer, Dan Wojokowski, Los Lonely Boys, Sonny Throckmorton (Writer for "When a cowboy rides away" George Strait single), Hillary Duff ( Shauney Baby - Drummer for Hillary Duff), The Difference ( Cindy Blackman - Lenny Kravitz's Drummer & Foley)

Is this a list of people he's banged? If so, major kudos on Hillary Duff. I would tear that apart. A salad of men with Los Lonely Boys is not my thing, but to each his own I guess.