PDA

View Full Version : Louisville's Defense Sucks

Whisky Dog
09-06-2007, 07:25 PM
But their offense is still pretty good. 31-28 in the beginning of the 2nd QUARTER against Middle Tennesee St. I guess if the ranks are to hold true Louisville will drop from 8th to somewhere around 23rd after they win but give up a shitload of points to a nobody. Damn shitty ranking system.

Thunder Dan
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
no shit. If they stay top 10, the poll is a crock of shit

samikeyp
09-07-2007, 10:11 AM
58-42...not a lot of points for a Pitino team.

Oh....football! :lol

The Ville needs to drop for that.

sa_butta
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
58-42...not a lot of points for a Pitino team.

Oh....football! :lol

The Ville needs to drop for that.Id drop them like 2 spots maybe. A win is a win which is more than I can say for Michigan.

Whisky Dog
09-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Id drop them like 2 spots maybe. A win is a win which is more than I can say for Michigan.

Texas got dropped 3 slots after only giving up 13 points but only scoring 21 against an inferior opponent. Louisville giving up 42 to a nobody? In the 2nd week of the season? They should drop to 13 or 14 if the rankings are to hold true to what they did in the opening week to Texas.

Thunder Dan
09-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Texas got dropped 3 slots after only giving up 13 points but only scoring 21 against an inferior opponent. Louisville giving up 42 to a nobody? In the 2nd week of the season? They should drop to 13 or 14 if the rankings are to hold true to what they did in the opening week to Texas.

I don't want to hear it. Ohio St. got jumped by Louisville since the Buckeyes only won by 30. Texas almost got beat on a botched call at the end, and Virginia Tech looked like a bunch of clowns,yet they still stay top 10. Preseason rankings are bullshit.

samikeyp
09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't want to hear it. Ohio St. got jumped by Louisville since the Buckeyes only won by 30. Texas almost got beat on a botched call at the end, and Virginia Tech looked like a bunch of clowns,yet they still stay top 10. Preseason rankings are bullshit.

Agreed.

As stated in a previous thread, I would like to see the first rankings of the season come out the first sunday in October. I think it would be a better representation of who belongs where.

O-Factor
09-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Preseason rankings are a joke and they end up giving teams who don't deserve to be in the top ten too much leadway towards the end of the season. A team ranked in the top ten could look like shit, but voters may be too scared to drop them too low. Or lets say TCU beats Texas this weekend. How high will they jump? They'd be 2-0 and of beaten a top 10 team. Do they belong in the top ten? Was Texas a top 10 team to begin with??? Its too much bullshit...................on another note Texas should beat TCU by 2 tds, at least :toast

Whisky Dog
09-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Texas almost got beat on a botched call at the end, and Virginia Tech looked like a bunch of clowns,yet they still stay top 10. Preseason rankings are bullshit.

Texas dropped 3, count them 3!!!! spots for winning. That's bullshit. It wasn't a botched call, it was the incorrect call. Two of the guys were clearly offsides on the onside if you bothered to watch the game or the replay, but the officials came up with something else. Virginia Tech got a pass because 32 people were slaughtered there in April. It makes no sense, but that's what happened.

I don't want to hear it. Ohio St. got jumped by Louisville since the Buckeyes only won by 30.

All the more reason these polls are bullshit and why Louisville should drop like a stone after giving up 42 to a lowly ranked team.