PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the 'Aints are back.

O-Factor
09-06-2007, 10:40 PM
That was a pretty pathetic display by a team many "experts" predicted to win the NFC title. The Colts don't have a dominating D....or do they? I mean they are not Chicago(memories of the NFC title game last year) or Baltimore by any means. Anyway, the Aints should of scored at least some more points. I don't know maybe they were too overconfident or too over rated now that teams have a full season of game film on them.

Squid
09-06-2007, 10:42 PM
The Colts D looked good. They put good pressure on Brees and were very quick to the ball.

T-Pain
09-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Peyton Manning was awesome tonight

TheSanityAnnex
09-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Premature ejaculation thread.

The Colts are fresh off a Super Bowl playing at home, what did you expect?

SAtown
09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Win your primetime game against the Giants, then talk

O-Factor
09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
The Colts D looked good. They put good pressure on Brees and were very quick to the ball.

The D-Line played extreamly well and enabled the line backers and secondary to really cover well.

O-Factor
09-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Win your primetime game against the Giants, then talk

Its already a win. We just have the formality of playing the game on Sunday evening.

Slinkyman
09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
More of the same, as in more AFC dominating the NFC like always. As if any team in the NFC could hang with the super bowl champs, please.

Fillmoe
09-06-2007, 11:05 PM
the saints will be back...... just a bad game for them all around.... running game wasn't there, passing game wasn't there, and john david was their starting CB

SAtown
09-06-2007, 11:08 PM
...and john david was their starting CB

:wtf

Fillmoe
09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
whatever his name was.... he sucked....

leemajors
09-06-2007, 11:12 PM
one game.

J.T.
09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Everyone ripped on the Colts D so bad in the offseason, but they played great tonight. I told you guys, most of the new starters will end up being upgrades over the guys who bolted for bigger paychecks after some experience. But I didn't expect that experience to come after one half. Only gave up a FG tonight, and they gave up a decent amount of total yardage after the game was over.

J.T.
09-06-2007, 11:31 PM

I like how saying the Colts D is for real after a dominating game against a good offense is a premature ejaculation but picking the Pats or Chargers to win the Super Bowl before they've played a game isn't. :tu

Fillmoe
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
one game.

/close thread

O-Factor
09-07-2007, 12:11 AM
one game.

...told us alot.

TheZackAttack!
09-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Fucking 'aints screwed up my vbookie

TheSanityAnnex
09-07-2007, 02:44 AM
I like how saying the Colts D is for real after a dominating game against a good offense is a premature ejaculation but picking the Pats or Chargers to win the Super Bowl before they've played a game isn't. :tu
Can you comprehend???

The thread is about the Saints being "nothing" aka the "aints".
Nowhere did I put down the Colts. The Colts have a wonderful offense, and the Saints have not a defense. I know all toooooooooo well how Peyton does under pressure........San Diego Pressure. How's he done against San Diego lately......enlighten us.

SpursFanFirst
09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
That was a pretty pathetic display by a team many "experts" predicted to win the NFC title. The Colts don't have a dominating D....or do they? I mean they are not Chicago(memories of the NFC title game last year) or Baltimore by any means. Anyway, the Aints should of scored at least some more points. I don't know maybe they were too overconfident or too over rated now that teams have a full season of game film on them.

I disagree. I think the Saints are a good team, and they're only going to get better. Unfortunately for them, they ran up against an outstanding Colts team that people were ready to write off before the season even started, and found out why they're the Super Bowl champs.

GO COLTS! :clap

SpursFanFirst
09-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Hm. I expect this from Chargers/Patriots fans.

to21
09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
What the hell do you expect when you run the same damn play to Bush? I know the guys is not a between the tackles kind of RB, but c'mon.

How many times did they run the same pass play to him out in the flats?
This is not USC.

BTW, I do give the Colts credit.....they look good (even if it's just the first game).

TheZackAttack!
09-07-2007, 10:21 AM
What the hell do you expect when you run the same damn play to Bush? I know the guys is not a between the tackles kind of RB, but c'mon.

This is not USC.

BTW, I do give the Colts credit.....they look good (even if it's just the first game).

I think the Colts showed the NFL if you can get a pass rush with your 4 down linemen, you are set against the 'aints

midgetonadonkey
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM

This is not USC.

Also, he jumps around way too much. Perfect example is the play where he would've had a first down except he decided to jump backwards 2 yards and was brought down behind the first down marker. He should've learn by now that NFL defenses are way too fast for that kind of crap.

TheZackAttack!
09-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Also, he jumps around way too much. Perfect example is the play where he would've had a first down except he decided to jump backwards 2 yards and was brought down behind the first down marker. He should've learn by now that NFL defenses are way too fast for that kind of crap.

I remember that crap, what the fuck is Bush thinking? I'll tell you, he's always thinking big play. Can't play like that in the NFL.

florige
09-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Everyone ripped on the Colts D so bad in the offseason, but they played great tonight. I told you guys, most of the new starters will end up being upgrades over the guys who bolted for bigger paychecks after some experience. But I didn't expect that experience to come after one half. Only gave up a FG tonight, and they gave up a decent amount of total yardage after the game was over.

The Colts D has been playing at a high level ever since the Baltimore playoff game last season. Then again thats not saying much against our sometimes stupid and larthegic offense.

J.T.
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Can you comprehend???

The thread is about the Saints being "nothing" aka the "aints".
Nowhere did I put down the Colts. The Colts have a wonderful offense, and the Saints have not a defense. I know all toooooooooo well how Peyton does under pressure........San Diego Pressure. How's he done against San Diego lately......enlighten us.

Sorry, I guess I interpreted your first post as saying they should have won anyway because of the SB banner fanfare and the big kickoff celebration, and playing at home. I just got back to the hotel when I made that post and was still amped from the game.

I'm looking forward to the Colts at Bolts game later this season. Should be a good one.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-08-2007, 01:41 AM
I think the Colts showed the NFL if you can get a pass rush with your 4 down linemen, you are set against the <insert almost every NFL team>

That and I've heard that the Colts O is pretty good. Jason David? Not so much.

kskonn
09-08-2007, 01:45 AM
That and I've heard that the Colts O is pretty good. Jason David? Not so much.

Yea David is in for a long season, every team they play this year will be looking to exploit him now, wayne really made him his bitch in that game, so will a lot of other teams.

J.T.
09-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Yea David is in for a long season, every team they play this year will be looking to exploit him now, wayne really made him his bitch in that game, so will a lot of other teams.

David plays really inconsistently so if he's likely to show up on some big plays and then bust coverage on others. Reggie was pissed that he forced that fumble and took it to the house, but it looks like he got his revenge. The Saints were dumb for playing Reggie man-to-man. David's the obvious scapegoat but I wouldn't pin it all on him.

kskonn
09-08-2007, 03:49 AM
David plays really inconsistently so if he's likely to show up on some big plays and then bust coverage on others. Reggie was pissed that he forced that fumble and took it to the house, but it looks like he got his revenge. The Saints were dumb for playing Reggie man-to-man. David's the obvious scapegoat but I wouldn't pin it all on him.

Yea I would agree with the defensive strategy being flawed, personally I thought they should have stollen a play from the Colts game plan and started dropping their safetys back and at least forcing manning underneath. They were torching David in the 2nd half, it was almost as if they ran a play or two as a courtesy, then manning would get in the huddle and call the burn
David for a touchdown play.

J.T.
09-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Yea I would agree with the defensive strategy being flawed, personally I thought they should have stollen a play from the Colts game plan and started dropping their safetys back and at least forcing manning underneath. They were torching David in the 2nd half, it was almost as if they ran a play or two as a courtesy, then manning would get in the huddle and call the burn
David for a touchdown play.

Well, I don't know if it was only for this game because of David being an ex-teammate, but the Colts ran a lot of formations on offense that they don't run often or have never run before. I can't remember Marvin lining up in the slot or to the left, and they ran that a few times. Those bunch formations they ran early on threw me off because you just don't see that from the Colts. I'm wondering if Peyton and Tom Moore took the offense up a notch because they're facing so many ex-players from the SB roster this year.

SpursFanFirst
09-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, I don't know if it was only for this game because of David being an ex-teammate, but the Colts ran a lot of formations on offense that they don't run often or have never run before. I can't remember Marvin lining up in the slot or to the left, and they ran that a few times. Those bunch formations they ran early on threw me off because you just don't see that from the Colts. I'm wondering if Peyton and Tom Moore took the offense up a notch because they're facing so many ex-players from the SB roster this year.

I thought the same thing throughout the game...I didn't recognize some of those.