PDA

View Full Version : Rank the contenders for next year's championship

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 09:47 AM
My rankings for the Western Conference:

1st tier teams: The Texas trio. The Mavs, Spurs, and Rockets are the only teams in the West that can play consistently on both ends of the court. It's going to be one of these three that comes out of the Western Conference.

2nd tier teams: The Nuggets, Jazz, and S0ns. These three teams are just as offensively potent as the 1st tier squads but suffer greatly due to problems on the defensive end(Jazz and Nuggets got killed from the perimeter in the '07 playoffs...the S0ns are self explanatory-Amare and Nash are poor defenders and their frontcourt will be much weaker with the loss of K.Thomas).

3rd tier teams: Could be any team really. Doesn't matter as they're just going to be first round fodder.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Spurs will have the extra motivation to repeat now while Duncan's still at the top of his game. Still the team to beat in West.

Similar to the Spurs, The Mavs remain largely unchanged and look to be biggest obstacle for San Antonio.

The Rockets had a great off-season adding some much needed depth to their team. As long as Tmac and Yao stay healthy they'll be challenging SA and Dallas for the Conference title.

The Jazz are young and have no bad contracts so it looks like they'll stay together for a while. DWill and Boozer will be carrying this team to the playoffs for the next few years. Their hopes of a championship lie in the consistency of Okur and AK.

The Nuggets have AI, Melo, and a formidable frontcourt but they still need reliable bench players to compete for a title. As long as they keep their core intact and make a few decent signings I could see them competing in the playoffs for a few more years.

The S0ns are going to implode in the '08 offseason after Nash fails to, yet again, reach the Finals. Their situation is going to be similar to that of a dying star:

-All fusion abrubtly stops(team chemistry is non-existant)

-The star implodes(Nash bails on the team looking for a ring elsewhere)

-The rebound of this implosion is the greatest explosion known in the cosmos: a supernova(S0ns fall into disarray...D'Antoni will be looking to implement his gimmick offense somewhere else, Raja Bell wants to continue his flopping on another team, etc)

-A single supernova can be brighter than an entire galaxy for a few days(the Phoenix media goes apeshit)

-After the supernova the core will be left over as a white dwarf, neutron star, or black hole(Amare will be doing push-ups to an empty stadium as the S0ns revert back to lottery team status)

Ignignokt
09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
SpursDynasty Bait forum.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
In my head, I picture Johnny Ringo acts and looks like Ben Stiller's character in "Dodgeball: A true underdog story".

Notice the over use of "SOns"? He once claimed that Barbosa wasn't the "sixth man of the year", but really the "bitch man of the year".

Ok mister Jokey....Jokemaker.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/Dodgeball/DB2_300x435.jpg

monosylab1k
09-07-2007, 10:08 AM
1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Boston
4. Houston
5. Chicago
6. Detroit
7. Denver
8. Cleveland
9. Utah
10. Bobcats

Soul_Patch
09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
lol...bobcats...

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Dallas needs to focus on getting out of the first round before they set their sites on a championship.

monosylab1k
09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
lol...bobcats...
haha they've got a better shot than the Suns and their gimmick style of play.

tlongII
09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I am getting sick of the disrespect in here!

Soul_Patch
09-07-2007, 10:23 AM
lol....im actually excited to see portland compete next season.

I really liked the blazers back in the drexler days.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 10:27 AM
haha they've got a better shot than the Suns and their gimmick style of play.

Not too worried about the Mavericks.

There will always be some team out there who's "on a roll" or is "a bad matchup for Dallas" etc. that Mavs will choke against.

Happens every year.

TheZackAttack!
09-07-2007, 10:30 AM

There will always be some team out there who's "on a roll" or is "a bad matchup for Dallas" etc. that Mavs will choke against.

Happens every year.

What happens every year also is the suns getting their ass owned by the 4 time World Champion Spurs!

Mister Sinister
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
What happens every year also is the suns getting their ass owned by the 5 time World Champion Spurs!
FIFY. :)

monosylab1k
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM

Happens every year.
Oh well. The Mavericks have the talent and defensive ability to win a title, they just choke it away.

The Suns don't ever have a chance from the start playing Dantoni Ball.

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 10:52 AM
In my head, I picture Johnny Ringo acts and looks like Ben Stiller's character in "Dodgeball: A true underdog story".

Don't lash out at me. I ranked the teams accordingly. In a playoff series Utah and Denver would eliminate the S0ns in 5/6 games. We already saw how badly Utah owned Phoenix during the regular season. Boozer and DWill would be scoring at will against their defensively-challenged counterparts(Amare and Nash). The Nuggets: Their frontcourt is a hell of a lot better than the S0ns. Melo would score at will against Raja "Flop till you drop" Bell. AI would have no trouble getting past Nash and Marion. Give Denver time to gel and they effectively become a rich man's Phoenix S0ns.

Notice the over use of "SOns"? He once claimed that Barbosa wasn't the "sixth man of the year", but really the "bitch man of the year".

I called him the "brick man of the year"(rightfully so considering how easily the Spurs shut him down...oh wait he was injured right? LOL)

Mister Sinister
09-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Don't lash out at me. I ranked the teams accordingly. In a playoff series Utah and Denver would eliminate the S0ns in 5/6 games. We already saw how badly Utah owned Phoenix during the regular season. Plus, Boozer and DWill would be scoring at will against their defensively-challenged counterparts(Amare and Nash). The Nuggets: They're frontcourt is a hell of a lot better than the S0ns. Melo would score at will against Raja "Flop till you drop" Bell. AI would have no trouble getting past Nash and Marion. Give Denver time to gel and they effectively become a rich man's Phoenix S0ns.

I called him the "brick man of the year"(rightfully so considering how easily the Spurs shut him down...oh wait he was injured right? LOL)
He wasn't injured. Tim Donaghy used his voodoo witchcraft black magic to make him choke.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't lash out at me. I ranked the teams accordingly. In a playoff series Utah and Denver would eliminate the S0ns in 5/6 games. We already saw how badly Utah owned Phoenix during the regular season. Boozer and DWill would be scoring at will against their defensively-challenged counterparts(Amare and Nash). The Nuggets: Their frontcourt is a hell of a lot better than the S0ns. Melo would score at will against Raja "Flop till you drop" Bell. AI would have no trouble getting past Nash and Marion. Give Denver time to gel and they effectively become a rich man's Phoenix S0ns.

Now, re-read that post and picture Ben Stiller in Dodgeball using the "air quotes" for all the bolded statements.

http://f.screensavers.com/migration/wp/dodgeball_stiller_215.gif

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Now, re-read that post and picture Ben Stiller in Dodgeball using the "air quotes" for all the bolded statements.

http://f.screensavers.com/migration/wp/dodgeball_stiller_215.gif

Never have I seen a troll try so hard to be funny and fail so miserably.

Ben Stiller movies? Yikes. No wonder they call you Arizonans the stupidest in the nation.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM

Ben Stiller movies? Yikes. No wonder they call you Arizonans the stupidest in the nation.

Yeah...those "Frat Pack" comedies really suck.

And I obviously can't recognize quality entertainment such as a Spurs game. :lol

Switchman
09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
And I obviously can't recognize quality entertainment such as a Spurs game. :lol

It's funny because it's true.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 12:03 PM
It's funny because it's true.

What can I say...watching Duncan hold the ball for ten seconds every trip down the floor while waiting for the double team just doesn't interest me.

Like most of America, I like watching top competitors give it their all in pursuit of victory.

I don't even think Duncan LIKES playing basketball, and shame on him for that. Whats more fun than playing on the hardwood?

Don't agree with me? Ask yourself this question: If NBA players were only paid 50K a year, what would Tim Duncan's occupation be?

Oh, Gee!!
09-07-2007, 12:11 PM
If NBA players were only paid 50K a year, what would Tim Duncan's occupation be?

what would any current player's occupation be?

Findog
09-07-2007, 12:15 PM

I'd lose my mind too if I had to deal with 110 degree temperatures. I know it's a dry heat, but still, it's ONE HUNDRED AND TEN FUCKING DEGREES.

SpursDynasty
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
It's funny how first round elimination teams from last year can be considered "contenders" by some of you.

I will list the Top 5 contenders:

1. Spurs - They are bringing back everyone from the championship roster - they didn't do that after the '03 and '05 championships. Also, a healthy Duncan.
2. Miami - Do not forget this team. Dwayne Wade was NOT at 100% in the playoffs because of his injury. If he as at 100% or close to it, they've got a chance.
3. Boston - A wild guess right now. Boston is at #3 due to the fact that they made the most improvements in the offseason. Hopefully we'll see these guys in the Finals. No more LeBron, please.
4. Detroit - They have made the conference finals for five straight seasons and are the only eastern conference team (besides Miami) that can play on a competitive level vs. the West playoff teams. LeBron just happened to get off a few lucky shots in last year's Game 5 at the right time, otherwise SA would've played Detroit in the Finals.
5. Dallas - A slim chance of even making the Finals. If they can manage to get a no-foul call at the end of a Game 7 again, then they will make the Finals. Otherwise, nope.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
It's funny how first round elimination teams from last year can be considered "contenders" by some of you.

1. Spurs - They are bringing back everyone from the championship roster - they didn't do that after the '03 and '05 championships. Also, a healthy Duncan.
2. Miami - Do not forget this team. Dwayne Wade was NOT at 100% in the playoffs because of his injury. If he as at 100% or close to it, they've got a chance.
3. Boston - A wild guess right now. Boston is at #3 due to the fact that they made the most improvements in the offseason. Hopefully we'll see these guys in the Finals. No more LeBron, please.
4. Detroit - They have made the conference finals for five straight seasons and are the only eastern conference team (besides Miami) that can play on a competitive level vs. the West playoff teams. LeBron just happened to get off a few lucky shots in last year's Game 5 at the right time, otherwise SA would've played Detroit in the Finals.
5. Dallas - A slim chance of even making the Finals. If they can manage to get a no-foul call at the end of a Game 7 again, then they will make the Finals. Otherwise, nope.

THIS is FinDog's hero?

SpursDynasty
09-07-2007, 01:25 PM
My post makes sense, right?

San Antonio, Detroit, and Miami (Combined for the last five championships), and Boston (Making a drastic offseason move in acquiring Garnett and Ray Allen in the weak Eastern Conference), and Dallas (though a very slim chance, favored by all however)......

mavs>spurs2
09-07-2007, 01:33 PM

Yet his second contender not only lost, but got swept in the 1st round :lol

Switchman
09-07-2007, 01:37 PM
What can I say...watching Duncan hold the ball for ten seconds every trip down the floor while waiting for the double team just doesn't interest me.

Like most of America, I like watching top competitors give it their all in pursuit of victory.

I don't even think Duncan LIKES playing basketball, and shame on him for that. Whats more fun than playing on the hardwood?

Don't agree with me? Ask yourself this question: If NBA players were only paid 50K a year, what would Tim Duncan's occupation be?

Seeing as how he graduated college, a lot better job than what Black Jesus would be doing :elephant. We'll see how early he retires before we could even guess on a comment like that.

Duncan's play isn't boring man. 15 ft. bank shots aren't boring. Clutch isn't boring.

I hope the playoff match-ups go
Spurs Suns
Rockets Mavs
And then WCF.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Seeing as how he graduated college, a lot better job than what Black Jesus would be doing :elephant. We'll see how early he retires before we could even guess on a comment like that.

Duncan's play isn't boring man. 15 ft. bank shots aren't boring. Clutch isn't boring.

I hope the playoff match-ups go
Spurs Suns
Rockets Mavs
And then WCF.

So you admit he wouldn't be playing basetball, right?

He doesn't like to play the game...this is crystal clear in his play.

SpursDynasty
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Yet his second contender not only lost, but got swept in the 1st round :lol

Wade was at 25%.

And there wouldn't be an NBA if everyone was only paid $50,000.

mavs>spurs2
09-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Wade was at 25%.

And there wouldn't be an NBA if everyone was only paid $50,000.

Its OK to make excuses when it fits YOUR plan.

But don't say anything about the mavs running into a matchup problem

Switchman
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM

No idea. He's smart enough to make more than 50k a year, but he could be a swimming coach down in the virgin islands. I don't know the guy :downspin:

He is the reason they have won 4 championships. Sure the money is great, but I think that shows that he WANTS it. Does Amare's actions of stepping onto the court show that he doesn't care?

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I'd lose my mind too if I had to deal with 110 degree temperatures. I know it's a dry heat, but still, it's ONE HUNDRED AND TEN FUCKING DEGREES.

Arizona's one of the shittiest states to live in. The people there are some of the worst bigots and morons in the world(dumbest state in the nation for a reason),the weather sucks, and the streets look barren with little to no sign of any life or activity. It's not surprising that Arizonans like da_s0ns_fan usually spend their time cooped up inside ranting on the internet about their shitty basketball team.

After taking all this into consideration it makes sense why S0ns fan love crappy Ben Stiller movies so much, why they spout nonsense like Nash being better than Kidd/prime-Payton, why they can't understand basic concepts like "stay on the bench". They can't help being stupid. The scorching heat melted away their sensibility long ago.

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 03:11 PM
What happens every year also is the suns getting their ass owned by the 4 time World Champion Spurs!

more like owned by an unfortunate series of events, not unlike the kids from limeny snickets.

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Arizona's one of the shittiest states to live in. The people there are some of the worst bigots and morons in the world(dumbest state in the nation for a reason),the weather sucks, and the streets look barren with little to no sign of any life or activity. It's not surprising that Arizonans like da_s0ns_fan usually spend their time cooped up inside ranting on the internet about their shitty basketball team.

After taking all this into consideration it makes sense why S0ns fan love crappy Ben Stiller movies so much, why they spout nonsense like Nash being better than Kidd/prime-Payton, why they can't understand basic concepts like "stay on the bench". They can't help being stupid. The scorching heat melted away their sensibility long ago.

and what the fuck is the weather like in butt fuck SA?? 91 degrees with fucking 61% humidity!!! i'll take our heat anyday of the week you pasty face, mint skoal chewing, sister fucking, horse corraling, 15 gallon stetson wearing, shootin' up some food, redneck. san antonio is the fucking worst city ever. the alamo looks like a old thrift store that should've been torn down, i'm glad ozzy pissed on the piece of shit. dallas, houston, texas, hell odessa/midland are a million times better than SA.

Nash is the best, sorry your retarded mind can't grasp the fact that their is no one in the NBA or the WORLD for that matter that is a better team leader than Steve Nash. steve nash does the little things that doesn't show up on paper. here's a challange for you, tell any one player on the spurs or anyone who has ever played against nash your assesment on him. have a camera ready so i can see the picture of them laughing at your handicapped face for not knowing shit about steve nash's game.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/steve-nash.png

SpursDynasty
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Its OK to make excuses when it fits YOUR plan.

But don't say anything about the mavs running into a matchup problem

You could say that for every team that lost in the playoffs: They ran into a matchup problem.

There's no excuse for losing when your team's leaders are at 100%. Dirk, Howard, and Terry, those are the "Big Three", right?

If you send the 90's Bulls out with Jordan seriously injured, or send the 1999-2002 Lakers out with Kobe injured, they wouldn't win. However, Dallas had no injuries.

mavs>spurs2
09-07-2007, 03:38 PM
You could say that for every team that lost in the playoffs: They ran into a matchup problem.

There's no excuse for losing when your team's leaders are at 100%. Dirk, Howard, and Terry, those are the "Big Three", right?

If you send the 90's Bulls out with Jordan seriously injured, or send the 1999-2002 Lakers out with Kobe injured, they wouldn't win. However, Dallas had no injuries.

Wade averaged 23.5ppg, 4.8rpg, and 6.3 assists per game.

So much for your 25% theory, more like 90%. He couldn't have done much more than that if he was completely healthy.

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 03:38 PM
and what the fuck is the weather like in butt fuck SA?? 91 degrees with fucking 61% humidity!!! i'll take our heat anyday of the week you pasty face, mint skoal chewing, sister fucking, horse corraling, 15 gallon stetson wearing, shootin' up some food, redneck. san antonio is the fucking worst city ever. the alamo looks like a old thrift store that should've been torn down, i'm glad ozzy pissed on the piece of shit. dallas, houston, texas, hell odessa/midland are a million times better than SA.

Nash is the best, sorry your retarded mind can't grasp the fact that their is no one in the NBA or the WORLD for that matter that is a better team leader than Steve Nash. steve nash does the little things that doesn't show up on paper. here's a challange for you, tell any one player on the spurs or anyone who has ever played against nash your assesment on him. have a camera ready so i can see the picture of them laughing at your handicapped face for not knowing shit about steve nash's game.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/steve-nash.png

Sensitive much? LOL

BTW, these pictures of Nash are much better IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-xqW2pfyg

The comments from the moronic S0ns fans are hilarious. :lol They really do have some stupid people over in Arizona.

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/owned_help.jpg

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Says the kid that goes on an idiotic, prepubescent tirade after reading the truth about the shitty desert called Arizona.

da_suns_fan__
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Says the kid that goes on an idiotic, prepubescent tirade after reading the truth about the shitty desert called Arizona.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=416792

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 03:56 PM

don't ever talk shit about AZ, then you won't have to get your punk ass verbally embarrased by me. mm k little buddy. class dismissed :reading

Johnny RIngo
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
don't ever talk shit about AZ, then you won't have to get your punk ass verbally embarrased by me. mm k little buddy. class dismissed :reading

LOL More damage control. Here, I'll respond to your dumbass arguments and own you some more. Might as well give you fucking kids a lesson.

and what the fuck is the weather like in butt fuck SA?? 91 degrees with fucking 61% humidity!!! i'll take our heat anyday of the week you pasty face, mint skoal chewing, sister fucking, horse corraling, 15 gallon stetson wearing, shootin' up some food, redneck. san antonio is the fucking worst city ever. the alamo looks like a old thrift store that should've been torn down,

As opposed to the dry, barren, deserted towns in Arizona full of ugly old people and retarded, wannabe thug kids that spend their days posting on another team's forum cause their own forum(Arizonafagfans) is full of dipshits that ban everyone with a different opinion. Arizona is where old people go to die and convicts and rapists hide from the law. A piece of shit state full of ignorant jackasses.

i'm glad ozzy pissed on the piece of shit.

Ozzy? LMAO...You Arizonans are fucking posers. Ozzy fucking ruined Sabbath. Dio's leagues better than that fucking hack. Makes sense that you dumb shits would sympathize with him. You're almost as braindead as he is.

dallas, houston, texas, hell odessa/midland are a million times better than SA.

And anywhere in Texas is better than the piece of shit wasteland that emcompasses all of Arizona.

Nash is the best, sorry your retarded mind can't grasp the fact that their is no one in the NBA or the WORLD for that matter that is a better team leader than Steve Nash

Best at what? Besides shooting Kidd does everything Nash does AND plays defense. Leadership? Are you fucking retarded? Nash has trouble leading the S0ns past the fucking Lakers and Clippers. Deron Williams is years younger than Nash and he's already becoming a much better leader/point guard(not to mention his defense is already a hell of a lot better). Most NBA fans will agree that Kidd owns Nash any day of the week. Better career, better stats, actually led his team to the Finals(something Nash will never do),etc.

steve nash does the little things that doesn't show up on paper.

Like what? Flopping?:lol

here's a challange for you, tell any one player on the spurs or anyone who has ever played against nash your assesment on him. have a camera ready so i can see the picture of them laughing at your handicapped face for not knowing shit about steve nash's game.

Duncan said the Nuggets were a hell of a tougher than the S0ns. That's enough for me. Deron Williams has game. He was impressive to watch. Nash...not so much. It's hard to respect a one-dimensional gimmick player that owes most of his success due to the system moreso than his own actual abilities. At the end of the day Nash is a fucking one-hit wonder that stole two MVPs from Kobe and Shaq. In Shaq's words "He tainted the MVP tropy":clap

monosylab1k
09-07-2007, 05:24 PM

LMAO Duncan wins 4 titles "not even caring" but little Nashy and those top competitior Phoenix Suns can't even sniff one.

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL More damage control. Here, I'll respond to your dumbass arguments and own you some more. Might as well give you fucking kids a lesson.

As opposed to the dry, barren, deserted towns in Arizona full of ugly old people and retarded, wannabe thug kids that spend their days posting on another team's forum cause their own forum(Arizonafagfans) is full of dipshits that ban everyone with a different opinion. Arizona is where old people go to die and convicts and rapists hide from the law. A piece of shit state full of ignorant jackasses.

Ozzy? LMAO...You Arizonans are fucking posers. Ozzy fucking ruined Sabbath. Dio's leagues better than that fucking hack. Makes sense that you dumb shits would sympathize with him. You're almost as braindead as he is.

And anywhere in Texas is better than the piece of shit wasteland that emcompasses all of Arizona.

Best at what? Besides shooting Kidd does everything Nash does AND plays defense. Leadership? Are you fucking retarded? Nash has trouble leading the S0ns past the fucking Lakers and Clippers. Deron Williams is years younger than Nash and he's already becoming a much better leader/point guard(not to mention his defense is already a hell of a lot better). Most NBA fans will agree that Kidd owns Nash any day of the week. Better career, better stats, actually led his team to the Finals(something Nash will never do),etc.

Like what? Flopping?:lol

Duncan said the Nuggets were a hell of a tougher than the S0ns. That's enough for me. Deron Williams has game. He was impressive to watch. Nash...not so much. It's hard to respect a one-dimensional gimmick player that owes most of his success due to the system moreso than his own actual abilities. At the end of the day Nash is a fucking one-hit wonder that stole two MVPs from Kobe and Shaq. In Shaq's words "He tainted the MVP tropy":clap

and shaq is a someone to hang your words on, he's a bigger bitch than kobe!! truth is everyone in america loves a retarded, lenny from of mice and men, big, clown ass, teddy bear so everyone hates on #24. i can respect the fact that a degenerate, piece of shit like yourself, has the ability to take his two pointer fingers and type non interesting shit to amuse himself in between beastiality videos and mom's meatloaf. your opinoin matters just as much as mine. however i don't respect the fact that your about as sharp as a bag of wet hair. i said i was glad ozzy pissed on the alamo. i don't know where you got the other shit from. and this kidd shit is bogus. carrer number comparisons show they are about even with kidd avg. 1.8 more assists a game. the only difference i see is steve gets better every year he ages, where jason stalled off. kidd also played the latter half of his carrer in the east where he made all those finals apperances. put steve nash in the east and there's no doubt he already has his finals showcase. fact is call steve nash what you want, but know your in the minority. i haven't seen a player like him since stockton. i'm glad steve nash raped your mom, cause that's the only reason i could see for not respecting him as basketball player.

resistanze
09-07-2007, 05:46 PM
You can perhaps make an argument that Nash > Kidd now, but Nash's career > Kidd's career is crazy talk. I've never even heard any sports journalist claiming this. Until three seasons ago Steve Nash had career numbers comparable to Rod Strickland.

Kidd is a 9-time All-Defensive team player, of the best rebounding PGs in NBA history, third in triple doubles all time, and along with Oscar Robertson and Magic the only player to have 13,500 points, 8,500 assists and 6,000 rebounds.

Even though Kidd made the finals in the weak East, I don't penalize him. It's not as if the Suns are a second tier Western Conference team; they've won 60 games twice in the past 3 years and were the 1st seed in 04-05. If any team doesn't make the finals I don't see why playing in the West should be used as an excuse if you're good enough to be the first seed.

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
You can perhaps make an argument that Nash > Kidd now, but Nash's career > Kidd's career is crazy talk. I've never even heard any sports journalist claiming this. Until three seasons ago Steve Nash had career numbers comparable to Rod Strickland.

Kidd is a 9-time All-Defensive team player, of the best rebounding PGs in NBA history, third in triple doubles all time, and along with Oscar Robertson and Magic the only player to have 13,500 points, 8,500 assists and 6,000 rebounds.

Even though Kidd made the finals in the weak East, I don't penalize him. It's not as if the Suns are a second tier Western Conference team; they've won 60 games twice in the past 3 years and were the 1st seed in 04-05. If any team doesn't make the finals I don't see why playing in the West should be used as an excuse if you're good enough to be the first seed.

i don't think i'm far off in saying kidd and nash in the end will both go down as two of the best point guards of this era. it's true that kidd is far more superior on defense as nash is at shooting accuarcy, free throw percentage, and statisticaly overall in the playoffs. the crazy thing about nash is since his he's got to phoenix he has continued to get better and not age or lose a step as some on spurstalk seem to see. thirdly it's just plain fact it's an easier road to the finals if you play in the east. kidd's accomplishments would be just as impressive if he played his whole carrer out here.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-07-2007, 07:23 PM
1. Spurs
2. Mavs
3. Detroit
4. Suns
5. Chicago
6. Boston
7. Portland (you're welcome TlongII)
8. Atlanta

SpursDynasty
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Can someone tell me WHY Dallas is a top contender for the championship? Other than the number of regular season wins?

Detroit had 64 and the Spurs had 63 in 2005-2006 season, and neither won the championship. So Dallas' 67 doesn't matter.

San Antonio and Miami or Boston are the early favorites to make the NBA Finals.

td4mvp21
09-07-2007, 07:37 PM

I don't think ignorant Suns fans get it that Spurs fans don't give a flying fuck how boring they or anyone else thinks our team is. We win, so we don't give a shit. You're team can get all the ratings, attention, and praise it wants, because they'll never get a fucking thing more, including an NBA Championship. Resorting to bitching about our style of play is pathetic. Talk to us when you're team accomplishes something other than a flashy pass or jaw dropping dunk.

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't think ignorant Suns fans get it that Spurs fans don't give a flying fuck how boring they or anyone else thinks our team is. We win, so we don't give a shit. You're team can get all the ratings, attention, and praise it wants, because they'll never get a fucking thing more, including an NBA Championship. Resorting to bitching about our style of play is pathetic. Talk to us when you're team accomplishes something other than a flashy pass or jaw dropping dunk.

i don't think this Suns fan gives a fuck how high you put the Spurs on a pedestal.

SRJ
09-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Can someone tell me WHY Dallas is a top contender for the championship? Other than the number of regular season wins?

Detroit had 64 and the Spurs had 63 in 2005-2006 season, and neither won the championship. So Dallas' 67 doesn't matter.

San Antonio and Miami or Boston are the early favorites to make the NBA Finals.

Because regular season wins do matter.

In their four championships, the Spurs have averaged 59 wins a season and held the overall #1 seed twice.

In their six championships, the Chicago Bulls averaged 65 wins, claiming the overall #1 seed three times.

The average NBA champion wins 58 games, and the overall #1 seed has won 30 of the 61 championships.

The more games you win, the greater the odds tilt in your favor.

monosylab1k
09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
i don't think this Suns fan gives a fuck about winning a title

yourcheatinheart
09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
this mavs fan does not know the heimlich manuver, then again no mav does.

td4mvp21
09-08-2007, 12:11 AM
i don't think this Suns fan gives a fuck how high you put the Spurs on a pedestal.

Nor does this Spurs fan give a fuck about how much the Suns suck ass against the Spurs in the playoffs. Oh wait, I do because the Suns are my teams' bitch.

Johnny RIngo
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
and shaq is a someone to hang your words on, he's a bigger bitch than kobe!!

If you want to talk about bitches look no further than the whole S0ns team. They have trouble beating any team not named the Clippers or Lakers. Nobody on the S0ns can play half decent defense so they have to fucking flop to win back the ball. Pathetic.

truth is everyone in america loves a retarded, lenny from of mice and men, big, clown ass, teddy bear so everyone hates on #24

Shaq has 4 championships.

Steve Trash with all his hype, help, and two tainted MVPs doesn't got shit. The fucking scrub can't even reach the Finals after playing about a million playoff games and having all the help in the world throughout his career(Dirk, Finley, Amare, Marion, etc). The Mavs realized he was a huge liability so they had no qualms about getting rid of his no-defense playing ass. It's funny. Only two years after getting rid of Nash the Mavs finally make it to the Finals. The proof is all there. Nash hasn't fucking changed. He's still the same gimmick player only he's playing in a system that makes him out to be better than he really is.

i can respect the fact that a degenerate, piece of shit like yourself, has the ability to take his two pointer fingers and type non interesting shit to amuse himself in between beastiality videos and mom's meatloaf.

I find it amusing that a worthless cunt with the basketball knowledge of a 12 year old is trying to convince me that Steve Nash is a better player than Kidd/prime Payton. Wonder how long you'll stay a S0ns fan when your garbage team implodes next season after getting eliminated by Denver or Utah.

your opinoin matters just as much as mine.

The opinions of retarded S0ns homers are next to worthless. Keep worshipping that piece of shit, overhyped Canadian. He's never going to play in the Finals.

Hell, people are already starting to call Steve Trash the worst MVP winner ever. About damn time too. 10 years down the line they'll be talking about how Shaq, Lebron, or Kobe were robbed those two years. They'll be citing Nash's less than impressive career numbers and calling him nothing more than a flash in the pan player.

Deron Williams will have a better career than Nash. In only his sophomore year he gave the Spurs more trouble than Nash ever could have throughout his overrated 11 year career.

however i don't respect the fact that your about as sharp as a bag of wet hair.

If the average Arizonan is as stupid as you are I'd say AZ's in worst shape than I thought. Dumbest state in the nation is an understatement.

i said i was glad ozzy pissed on the alamo. i don't know where you got the other shit from.

Maybe 'cause everything about you reeks of poser-ism. Dumbass fanboy.

and this kidd shit is bogus.

No, It's not.

carrer number comparisons show they are about even with kidd avg. 1.8 more assists a game.

Payton and Kidd are 6th and 7th respectively on the all-time assist leaders list. Steve Trash can't even crack the top 25. Fucking Starbury's closer to making the top 20 than Nash is. :lol

the only difference i see is steve gets better every year he ages, where jason stalled off.

It's called knee-injury, dumbass. I'd like to see how well Nash would perform after going through microfracture knee surgery

kidd also played the latter half of his carrer in the east where he made all those finals apperances.

Kidd has never had all the help Nash had throughout his career. Nash had Dirk and Finley in Dallas, Amare and Marion in Phoenix. It's amazing Kidd got as far as he did with guys like Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin being the next best players on his team.

put steve nash in the east and there's no doubt he already has his finals showcase.

Put Jason Kidd on the S0ns and they go from being 2nd round fodder to contenders. Put Nash on the Nets and his numbers would be worse than even his late Dallas days. He's only effective in one kind of gimmick system. He has no versatility whatsoever while Kidd can excel on any team in the league.

And it's all because Nash is a cupcake. He can't play defense for shit. Hiding him on the opposing team's worst player may work in the regular season but come playoff time the elite teams tear him a new one every time which is why he'll never make a Finals appearance.

fact is call steve nash what you want, but know your in the minority. i haven't seen a player like him since stockton.

It's insulting to Stockton that you even compare a piece of crap like Nash to him. At least he has a few Finals appearances.

Every great point guard can lead their team to the Finals. Stockton, Payton, and Kidd all have. Nash hasn't because he's nowhere near great. He can barely lead his team past the fucking Lakers and Clippers. He's a fraud that's being exposed year after year. The doubts concerning his MVP trophies will continue to arise every year he's eliminated from the playoffs until he won't be able to validate those awards, at all, come retirement time.

i'm glad steve nash raped your mom, cause that's the only reason i could see for not respecting him as basketball player.

More weak ass smack talk?

The only thing easier than owning you all day is beating the Phoenix S0ns in a playoff game.

mavs>spurs2
09-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Yea it's crazy to say that Nash is better than Payton/Kidd. Some people just can't understand that defense is just as important as offense.

Try to think of it like this:

Give the 2 players a 1-10 on offense and defense.

Nash would probably get a 1 on defense and a 10 on offense. So 11 points total.

Kidd would probably get a 9 on defense and an 8 on offense. That's 17 points

You have to look at basketball from every aspect. You can't just say Nash is better because of some flashy passes and good shooting when anyone in this entire league can take him 1on1 every single time. His defense is so attrocious that it takes away from what he does on offense. It is no coincidence that the Mavs immediately got better after letting him go, even though the guy they replaced him with isn't even a true point guard.