PDA

View Full Version : Bush's mistakes in Australia

smeagol
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Bush confuses Austria with Australia as bin Laden joker crashes party
Last updated at 13:44pm on 7th September 2007

President George Bush confused Austria with Australia and then suffered further embarrassment when an Osama bin Laden impersonater crashed his £65 million 'ring of steel' security.

The US president started off his day of disaster when he thanked Australian premier John Howard for visiting 'Austrian troops' in Iraq.

Bush thanked Australian premier John Howard (right) for visiting 'Austrian' troops

There are no Austrian troops there, although Australia has 1,500 military personnel in the region.

He continued his blunders by then confusing the organisations of APEC and OPEC.

Talking at a business forum on the eve of an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Sydney, Mr Bush also told Mr Howard: "Mr Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit."

As the audience laughed, the US president corrected himself and joked: "He invited me to the OPEC summit next year."

Australia has never been a member of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.

His day got worse when an unrepentant comic crashed through his 'ring of steel' security at the summit and said bungling police were lucky it was just a joke.

Police said the prankster could have been shot by snipers yesterday when he was part of a fake motorcade that breached security at the meeting of members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation group.

As part of the stunt - organised by satirical TV news show The Chaser's War On Everything - three cars flying the Canadian flag, with one carrying a man dressed as Osama bin Laden, were waved through two police checkpoints.

Osama bin laughter: A comic disguised as the terror leader is arrested in Sydney

Apparently the motorcade stopped voluntarily only a short distance from the US president's hotel.

Only when the Osama character got out of the car did police realise their mistake, rushing to arrest 11 people.

The show's producer, Julian Morrow, denied the joke was irresponsible and said 'lucky it was us and not al Qaeda'.

The team face up to six months in jail for the stunt, which left police bosses fuming. Security protecting world leaders at the summit cost £65million.

Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said the team was fortunate not to have been targeted by snipers.

"I'm very angry that this stunt happened.

"It was a very dangerous stunt.

"We have snipers deployed around the city.

"They weren't there for show - they mean business, that's what they were there for.

A statement from TV company ABC said the Chaser team members were wearing mock 'insecurity' passes, which expressly stated it was a joke.

The latest in a long line of Bushisms

President Bush's gaffe today is the latest in an increasingly long line of 'Bushisms'.

Here, we look back at some old favourites...

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"I'm the master of low expectations."—Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"I don't have the foggiest idea about what I think about international, foreign policy."

boutons_
09-07-2007, 11:11 AM
After 100s, even 1000s, of dubya's recorded gaffes, making him the ridiculous butt of endless jokes and Youtube compilations, dubya suckers keep on sucking.

Yale and Harvard people must cringe when the dumbfuck dubya gaffes again, the dubya they admitted and waved through under affirmative action.

johnsmith
09-07-2007, 11:12 AM
(sigh) I can't wait until he's out of office and replaced with a new Republican president so I don't have to keep pretending to justify things like this.

Oh, Gee!!
09-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and that I believe our education, such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should our education over here in the US should help the US, or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.

johnsmith
09-07-2007, 11:13 AM
After 100s, even 1000s of dubya gaffes, making him the butt of endless jokes and Youtube compilations, dubya suckers keep on sucking.

Yale and Harvard people must cringe at the dumbfuck dubya they admitted and waved through under affirmative action.

Unlike your alma mater which must be so proud of you for your angry political postings on a website dedicated to an NBA franchise. Why, without you, the world would suck itself into a black hole and we'd cease to exist.

clambake
09-07-2007, 12:01 PM
(sigh) I can't wait until he's out of office and replaced with a new Republican president so I don't have to keep pretending to justify things like this.
so, who's that gonna be?

RighteousBoy
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM

What were the real choices? John Kerry had worse grades then Bush.

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
What were the real choices? John Kerry had worse grades then Bush.

Were they better than yours?

Because that post was as grammatically correct as Bush's geography lesson on Austria.

DarkReign
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and that I believe our education, such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should our education over here in the US should help the US, or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.

:lmao

Classic.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
You Tube link of the impersonator:

Osama Bin Ladin Impersonator Arrested In Sydney ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30dPeM9esNU)

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
:lmao

Classic.
Classic? Done to death already.

He wasn't even creative enough to edit it for relevance to the thread...

clambake
09-07-2007, 03:23 PM

It didn't need editing. It would have been an honest mistake to confuse miss south carolina with something that bush would say.

Oh, Gee!!
09-07-2007, 03:44 PM

You of all people should enjoy the creativity of cutting-and-pasting

xrayzebra
09-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I understood that the problem was in the translation. Have I
missed something.

And I don't mean about the impersonator. The impersonator is
old news.

clambake
09-07-2007, 03:54 PM
translation: hick

Yonivore
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
You of all people should enjoy the creativity of cutting-and-pasting
I've never claimed to be creative.

Oh, Gee!!
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities. W'04

Medvedenko
09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Does anyone de-brief Bush before he opens his mouth to speak. His poor grasp of geo-politics coupled with his dwindling command of the english language makes him appear more and more like the ignoramous he really is. If I worked for a company and my CEO was that ignorant and uniformed regarding our business, I'd resign and move....

Saddam's Ghost
09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Bush sucks!

GhostBusters
09-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Holdin'

GhostBusters_Dos
09-08-2007, 12:56 PM
humando!

GhostBusters2PCGame
09-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Ready!