PDA

View Full Version : iTunes question...

florige
09-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Do you guys ever have a problem with finding songs on iTunes? How do they go about releasing songs? It's a handful of songs that are pretty popular that they have failed to add to the site. One song that I really have been waiting for they added it, but as a video only. I have been waiting for them to add the Omarion/Usher Ice Box remix for almost a freakin year now... Just about every comment I see on there is pleading with them to add the remix already. Does anyone else run across this problem with them?

ATRAIN
09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Do you guys ever have a problem with finding songs on iTunes? How do they go about releasing songs? It's a handful of songs that are pretty popular that they have failed to add to the site. One song that I really have been waiting for they added it, but as a video only. I have been waiting for them to add the Omarion/Usher Ice Box remix for almost a freakin year now... Just about every comment I see on there is pleading with them to add the remix already. Does anyone else run across this problem with them?

Not sure man, do you have a ipod? If so im surprised, thought you would have a old school cassette walkman :).

florige
09-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Not sure man, do you have a ipod? If so im surprised, thought you would have a old school cassette walkman :).

I have a 30gb iPod, the one that cost $249......

Did I mention I found it... :lol

ATRAIN
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Did I mention I found it... :lol

LOL thats right you told me that story, where did you find it again?

florige
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
LOL thats right you told me that story, where did you find it again?

At FYE in between some DVD movies. Now you were mistaken though A. I DID have a Sony Walkman, A CD WALKMAN!!!! :hat

ATRAIN
09-07-2007, 12:23 PM
At FYE in between some DVD movies. Now you were mistaken though A. I DID have a Sony Walkman, A CD WALKMAN!!!! :hat

LOL hey man go back to FYE maybe youll find a 360 in the same spot LMAO :)

2Blonde
09-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I have an itunes/iPod question? After you install an update can you go to the control panel and delete the old updates that are just sitting there taking up space? After a while all those MBs start to add up.

Beno Udrih
09-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I remember writing an email to itunes about how they go about releasing new songs. And the person wrote back saying that it's up to the artist when they want or can reach an agreement to have their songs on being released. And then he went on saying that they work on bringing new content every day blah blah blah. But that was a long time ago when I emailed them.

09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I have an itunes/iPod question? After you install an update can you go to the control panel and delete the old updates that are just sitting there taking up space? After a while all those MBs start to add up.

I would say yes.

50 cent
09-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Try using MP3search.ru

You can buy whole albums for $2.00 and individual songs for .19

florige
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
LOL hey man go back to FYE maybe youll find a 360 in the same spot LMAO :)

Even if someone did leave that there I doubt that I would be able to convince the associates in the store that I didn't de-box it and try to cover it up by saying someone left it. :lol

leemajors
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Try using MP3search.ru

You can buy whole albums for $2.00 and individual songs for .19
why bother, if you can just pirate them? at least with iTunes, napster, etc the artist gets a pittance.

jaespur21
09-08-2007, 01:55 AM
i always struggle finding songs on itunes also.....AC/DC and Radiohead wont allow them to sell their music which friggin blows.. they only place to buy music in my town is WAL mart which has EDITED music

jaespur21
09-08-2007, 01:57 AM
However Itunes IS SO MUCH BETTER than URGE.....ive used URGE and its nothing but problems. ive lost DRM rights to my whole library on urge 3 times already. and then have to go thru this 10-15 min hastle. no probs with Itunes tho other than listed above.

My itunes question is if i can move my library to an external Hard Drive because my C:drive on my pc is finished.....i have no more memory on this pc. i cant even burn CDS

florige
09-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I remember writing an email to itunes about how they go about releasing new songs. And the person wrote back saying that it's up to the artist when they want or can reach an agreement to have their songs on being released. And then he went on saying that they work on bringing new content every day blah blah blah. But that was a long time ago when I emailed them.

I guess that makes sense, but some of the songs are pretty popular and I don't see why they would'nt want them released. One song I really like they have it on there as a video, but not as a song??

leemajors
09-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess that makes sense, but some of the songs are pretty popular and I don't see why they would'nt want them released. One song I really like they have it on there as a video, but not as a song??
if they have a deal in place with the company distributing it, it gets on there. they don't have rights to sell everything. NBC pulled a bitch move on Apple, wanted to raise prices for their shows a dollar or more, and Apple wanted to lower them and up the quality to 480p for their new iPods, and NBC pulled out and went somewhere else.

florige
09-08-2007, 11:53 PM
if they have a deal in place with the company distributing it, it gets on there. they don't have rights to sell everything. NBC pulled a bitch move on Apple, wanted to raise prices for their shows a dollar or more, and Apple wanted to lower them and up the quality to 480p for their new iPods, and NBC pulled out and went somewhere else.

Thanks. That makes sense I guess. So just for the sake of asking, other sites like bearshare, or say limewire wouldn't have the songs either. Or does the artist and networks pick and choose which audio/video sites their songs or videos get released on? I mean there has been some songs I've never expected to find on iTunes, and there also has been some very old songs, like late 80's early 90's that I haven't been able to find.

leemajors
09-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks. That makes sense I guess. So just for the sake of asking, other sites like bearshare, or say limewire wouldn't have the songs either. Or does the artist and networks pick and choose which audio/video sites their songs or videos get released on? I mean there has been some songs I've never expected to find on iTunes, and there also has been some very old songs, like late 80's early 90's that I haven't been able to find.
well, limewire and bearshare are illegal sites that host whatever other users have shared. if you're going that route, bigger name sites like those two are much more closely monitored than smaller ones. it depends who's on when and what they have. some studios have contracts with amazon/walmart/urge, whatever and release the singles/albums on their labels there.

florige
09-09-2007, 10:41 AM
well, limewire and bearshare are illegal sites that host whatever other users have shared. if you're going that route, bigger name sites like those two are much more closely monitored than smaller ones. it depends who's on when and what they have. some studios have contracts with amazon/walmart/urge, whatever and release the singles/albums on their labels there.

So thats how those sites work! ok now I get it. iTunes songs have to be added and approved by the Admin's. Now while I'm not surprised at all about Bearshare, I had no idea that Limewire was an illegal site.

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I just got into pod casts, where does Itunes put them in your ipod. I found them through a search

ShoogarBear
09-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I just got into pod casts, where does Itunes put them in your ipod. I found them through a searchIn the Videos folders there should be subfolders for TV shows, movies, podcasts, etc.

Evan
09-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I just got into pod casts, where does Itunes put them in your ipod. I found them through a search

Podcasts are under
-Music
-Genres
-Podcasts

And as far as not having some songs, they have to have an agreement with the band. Some bands won't go on itunes. The Beatles just came to one a few months ago

Findog
09-12-2007, 12:29 PM

Damn, I bought an 80gb Ipod last week for the same price at Best Buy.

ATRAIN
09-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Podcasts are under
-Music
-Genres
-Podcasts

And as far as not having some songs, they have to have an agreement with the band. Some bands won't go on itunes. The Beatles just came to one a few months ago

yeah I fixed it, it was Itunes.

florige
09-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Damn, I bought an 80gb Ipod last week for the same price at Best Buy.

I remember the 80gb one was like $349 ir something like that when they first came out. I think all the original models are going to drop since the new ones are out. I think it will take me forever to fill up this 30gb one I have. I've had it for about 7 months and only have 120 songs. But I very rarely download an entire album though. The 80gb holds like 20,000 or something like that right?