09-07-2007, 07:52 PM
orange 28 purple 24

Holt's Cat
09-08-2007, 01:25 AM
TCU 21
Texas 17

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2007, 10:07 AM
The buzz around longhorn message boards is that this game is a defining moment for the texas program.

We can easily start seeing the process of Greg and or Mack out the fuckin door if they blow this game because its not the talent difference that will give texas an easy win this time. It will be a coaches' decisions that decide this game through and through.

All we can do is pray that Greg was holding back against Ark State and didn't want to show TCU anything. He has gone on record and said even after Ark State that the zone read won't be a staple this year, which is good, cuz we only ran it thrice against Ark St. but the staff shows no doubt in their Bush-like False Confidence in the running tactics beyond the zone read.

Scary.
Hopefully we can pull it out, that TCU Dline will test our Oline like no other today.

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
The buzz around longhorn message boards is that this game is a defining moment for the texas program.

We can easily start seeing the process of Greg and or Mack out the fuckin door if they blow this game because its not the talent difference that will give texas an easy win this time. It will be a coaches' decisions that decide this game through and through.

All we can do is pray that Greg was holding back against Ark State and didn't want to show TCU anything. He has gone on record and said even after Ark State that the zone read won't be a staple this year, which is good, cuz we only ran it thrice against Ark St. but the staff shows no doubt in their Bush-like False Confidence in the running tactics beyond the zone read.

Scary.
Hopefully we can pull it out, that TCU Dline will test our Oline like no other today.

They ran the zone read run a few times against Ark St., but what pissed me off the most was the ridiculous number of counters that they ran. Every single running play that Charles got stopped behind the line of scrimmage was on a counter, which they ran at least 10 to 15 times. The counter looks like a zone read but with the QB never having the option to keep the ball and the back crossing in front against the blocking grain for misdirection. Any knowledgable coach would tell you that you don't run the same misdirection play 15 times a game, especially when the D starts hitting your back in the backfield. The run blocking actually wasn't too bad when the defense didn't know exactly what running play was coming right at the snap, so I'm hoping a little variety and actual legitimate playcalling will allow them to do their jobs with more effectiveness.

I agree with you that this better have been the "Ark. St. bullshit game plan because we can win easily and don't want to show anything" mindset that was completely scrapped after Saturday. TCU has too much speed and will eat those counters up if they see them coming.

Colt, you better have eaten your wheaties and come out with some good reads and accuracy because the TCU secondary can be exploited with the receivers we have. You just gotta get the ball to them.

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Worst. Offensive. Coaches. Ever.

Switchman
09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I hope longhorns lose just so I can hear Pasacrita cry about it.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2007, 07:31 PM
ROFLROFLROFL
A&M sucks ass for 55.5% of their game but wins it in the end cuz Fresno's WR can't keep his stupid hands on a ball

Then we get robbed of wathcing the first quarter of UT's game only to see Colt throw an INT for a touchdown.

LOL
CURSED I saiddd

leemajors
09-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Nice to see Davis overusing that worthless quick pass that good defenses pick 6 half the time again

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2007, 07:34 PM
jamaal charles has the juice now.

but the thing is our oline sucks so much ass and they give it to him in such a stupid position that he looks like a bust.

sad.

but he has the juice tupac 1993 style

StylisticS
09-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice to see Davis overusing that worthless quick pass that good defenses pick 6 half the time again

he's a fuckin jackass. Wonder when Mack will see it as well. We run the I formation but with no fullback...outstanding. Not to mention, our run block is horrible.

OH and COlt just threw another INT....i think it's time to give Chiles a look now. Colt has looked bad this season.

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
The Defense has bucked up this game and has exploded on TCU, but the fucking offense sucks so bad, so bad.

Now on a meaningless run to run the half clock out Charles gets hurt.

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Last week it was the counter 15 times, this week it's the swing pass. It's always something.

Maybe he hasn't heard of a double move once the swing works a couple of times. Keep the CB from jumping the route, and burning him if he does. This offense has so many weapons this is a damn travesty. It's embarassing.

scott
09-08-2007, 08:00 PM

Scary.

Good thing Mack got his fat contract extension out of the way!

cecil collins
09-08-2007, 09:17 PM
10-10, and TCU just fumbled at their own 26. Maybe Texas is making progress. Maybe they won't get beat down by a bunch of dirty Okies.

cecil collins
09-08-2007, 09:35 PM
20-10, Texas. I hate the Cardinals. Everyone in the country is watching this, unless you are in Cardinals country.

Horry For 3!
09-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Well it was about time Texas shows up. Starting to blow them out in the 2nd half.

DNS Error
09-08-2007, 09:52 PM
score?

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Did they finally get their shit together? Hopefully so. Damn good explosion in the 2nd half to obliterate a very good TCU team. 34-3 2nd half asswhipping. Those young kids just have to keep getting better game by game.

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 09:53 PM
score?

34-13 Final

Brutalis
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
20-10, Texas. I hate the Cardinals. Everyone in the country is watching this, unless you are in Cardinals country.
:lol :drunk

Brutalis
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Good win by the Horns.

Horry For 3!
09-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Texas dominated TCU in the 2nd half. Texas outscored TCU 34-3 in the 2nd half.

Brutalis
09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
In the second half I took a piss in the 2nd half.

j-6
09-08-2007, 11:33 PM
This Jekyll and Hyde shit on offense needs to stop before the big boys show up on the sked. Hell, I'm a little scared of playing a CUSA team in Tampa even though the Horns just dispatched a pretty good ranked TCU team.

cecil collins
09-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Hopefully a pretty new offensive line is getting better, and Colt isn't throwing off his back foot on every play. I wouldn't know however, as I haven't even seen a single play yet. Either way, this was a much better result then last week.

mookie2001
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
jailbre whats with all the yukons in your sig?

the mookie watchlist

jamaal charles
at halftime his career was on the line, and he had a great second half, if he can keep up the pace he'll outrush steven mcgee. He can carry and carry and as long as he busts one stunt per game, he should be ok

michael huey
more playing time, hes a future all-american

limas sweed
watch for teams to start tripleteaming nate jones, so sweed might have a opportunity for some short receptions

nate jones
may break michael adams' 100 catch mark, i dont think hes ever been arrested or suspended and hes a senior

bobino
he is no longer a question, has started every game in his career, hes the leader of the defense, he can tackle, him, lokey and hemann have got the middle on lock

muckleroy
his speed would be rated at least an 88 on ncaa08 he will pull STUNTs this season

scott derry
one of thinest linebackers in school history, he makes reed boyd look like levon kirkland, but somehow, hes not so shitty, in AKINAs D, he wont be asked to guard slot wrs, white receivers, wide receivers as much, plus hes a senior

sam acho
very undersized true freshman, this guy wasnt even suppossed to play this year, hes a DT, a DE, and they even said he might play middle lb, with dre jones and orakpo out, he had to play at end and had a nice sack, great athete but not too strong or good at getting off blocks yet

jared norton
with this guy, kindle, muckleroy, dustin earnest and keenan robinson texas lbs are going to be sickk in future years, hes going to get more and more playing time, he wears number 11

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
number 11 is historically worn by the shittiest texas linebackers ever

but seriously our LB's future is nothing compared to OU's

Kindle's development has been retarded way too long. Even as a late junior he'll be just as experienced as a freshman.
Bust.

mookie2001
09-09-2007, 04:47 PM
no

j-6
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
jailbre whats with all the yukons in your sig?

They don't drive Yukon's in UP, brah. That shit's for those wannabe dealmaker types in Frisco and McKinney. Tahoe, baby. You ever tried to explain about GMC's and Chevy's to an SMU Tri-Delt? Not worth your time unless you're fingerbanging her in said vehicle.

(Click on the text in my sig to figure what the hell I'm talking about.)

Most of your analysis is spot on. Colt's overreliance on Nate Jones scares me a bit with this so-called uber-talented experienced wideout corps. The Horns have two other receivers that'll play on Sundays sooner or later and Nate friggin' Jones is catching nine balls a game? At least Pittman will be back after the UCF game.

Ballcox
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, at least I saw some progress from this game compared to the season opener.

I thought our defense stepped up big time, LB's finally making some plays and tackles, secondary looked good and the D line was very consistent. J. Norton and Muckleroy look like big time players at LB, now just need to get S. Kindle back on the field and contributing.

Jackson is looking better and better at safety, he laid the wood to a TCU receiver in the 2nd half, Beasley also looks to be preforming well and C. Brown continues to get playing time.

Just need to continue to work on the running game and getting our offense going before the 2nd half roles around. C. Florida will NOT be a push over this weekend, can't have another Arkansas St. mental lapse like the first game.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Is Central Florida really that good? I thought it was South Florida that was stepping up to knock off some of the big boys. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought after going against a defense like TCU that Central Florida would be a good game to let the offense get something going.

j-6
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Is Central Florida really that good? I thought it was South Florida that was stepping up to knock off some of the big boys. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought after going against a defense like TCU that Central Florida would be a good game to let the offense get something going.

UCF beat NC State in Raleigh, this is their first game in their brand-new campus stadium, and most people picked them 2nd (after Southern Miss) in Conference USA.

I think TCU is better, but UCF is at worst a top-50 program. Maybe at the level Fresno State is or so.

Ballcox
09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
^We definitely can't afford to overlook them, and our focus should be completely on THIS upcoming game. I mean, are we going to look past these guys worrying about Rice? Give me a break, there are plenty of areas with this team that need to be improved, hope to see those improvements continue this Saturday.

degenerate_gambler
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
^We definitely can't afford to overlook them

UT will not overlook them, period. Since 2000, Texas is 28-4 on the road excluding the ou game and bowls.

I also expect to see some Chiles this weekend. Some playing time away from Austin and the expectations is a good way to go.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
^We definitely can't afford to overlook them, and our focus should be completely on THIS upcoming game. I mean, are we going to look past these guys worrying about Rice? Give me a break, there are plenty of areas with this team that need to be improved, hope to see those improvements continue this Saturday.

I'm not saying that the Texas team should overlook UCF, but as a college football fan I didn't think this game was going to be interesting when I looked at the schedule. I was really pumped for Texas-TCU because of the clout TCU has garnered over the last few years and the "Big 12 killer" reputation that they were getting.