PDA

View Full Version : Will Clausen starting for ND help?

kskonn
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
It was well noted that in the spring workouts Clausen was by far the best quarter back at Notre Dame, will him starting help? Is their youth an inexperience to much to overcome to salvage a winning season? Is this weiss's way of saying that they will not very good this season so he would rather get the freshman in their to speed up his devolpment for the future?

I personally think it will help but not enough, the line is to young and inexperienced to face good defenses, they will get better as the year goes. Clausen was a stud in High school, never lost a game, and was privately coached by one of the best quarterbacks coach around. Time will tell if he will be great or just the next Ron Paulus.

BeerIsGood!
09-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Not if their defense keeps giving up 30+ a game to teams on their schedule - a lot of teams with much better offenses than GT. The kid's green but needs to play to take his lumps this year and be ready for next season. This is a purely rebuilding year for ND. They'll be extremely lucky to get bowl eligible at 6 wins.

kskonn
09-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Yea the D lookes like they have some promise, but again a ton of youth, I believe 2 starting seniors and the majority of the starters are freshman and sophmores. they showed good ability to get pressure. Perhaps if the offense can sustain drives it will help, they were on the field a lot against GT. I also think GT's starting field position was around the ND 40, which is asking to much of any defense let alone an inexperienced one.

samikeyp
09-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Not now, in the long run yes.

TheAuthority
09-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Looks like it didn't work out so well for him. That little goofy lookin bitch got baptized.

<chant>
WE ARE
PENN STATE
WE ARE
PENN STATE
</chant>