PDA

View Full Version : UFC is now boxing.

2centsworth
09-09-2007, 12:39 AM
That Hamlin Bisbing decision was something straight out of boxing.

dallaskd
09-09-2007, 12:40 AM
expand.

dbreiden83080
09-09-2007, 12:42 AM

Dreadful disgusting decision in that fight. Bisping looked worse in the post fight than he did during the fight, talking trash about Matt when he can't even hear him when he whipped your ass. Matt beat him easy that was a joke, they should overturn it.

2centsworth
09-09-2007, 09:57 AM
I watched that fight with about 30 other people and we agreed that was a robbery.

ATRAIN
09-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah Bisping is crap and for what he said I hate him more now. DAMN BRITS!!

tsb2000
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
There was definitely a home field advantage there. Bisping didn't win at all!

ALVAREZ6
09-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Bisping is a shit bag compared to Hamill

ATRAIN
09-09-2007, 11:26 AM
DO you guys think Rampage deserved the win? I do!!

desflood
09-09-2007, 11:26 AM
The way I saw it, the fight could have gone either way. Why all the hate for Mike Bisping because of the judge's decision?

ATRAIN
09-09-2007, 11:32 AM
The way I saw it, the fight could have gone either way. Why all the hate for Mike Bisping because of the judge's decision?

Cause of the shit he was talking about matt when it was over......he showed no class

Switchman
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
What'd he say after the fight?

No excuse for Bisping not being able to knock out Hamill. Hamill barely kept his hands up that entire fight and even let the fight stay standing for the first 2/3 of the match.

dallaskd
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
MMAweekly-

In what ended up being the focal point for the majority of the fans watching UFC 75, Michael “The Count” Bisping won a very controversial split decision over Cincinnati, Ohio native Matt “The Hammer” Hamill, in what will almost surely go down as one of the worst decisions in UFC history.

Hamill, who was a competitor on the Ultimate Fighter season 3 alongside Bisping, showed a much improved MMA game as he looked like a much better striker than the heavily favored British native in the early part of the fight.

The former collegiate wrestler landed a number of jabs and combinations that put Bisping on the defensive right away.

Hamill stalked Bisping throughout rounds 1 and 2 landing crisper, cleaner punches and taking the eventual winner of the Ultimate Fighter season down at will.

To almost everyone’s surprise watching the fight, Hamill looked like the more experienced and well rounded fighter when even after taking Bisping down, he let his opponent back up where he punished him on the feet.

The 3rd round was the only time Bisping put up much offense as he let his hands go and worked his stand-up against Hamill.

While he never landed anything truly devastating due to the Ohioan’s good boxing defense, Bisping was more aggressive late in the fight, but again didn’t do anything that ever put Hamill in any real danger.

The judges’ scorecards came in and when the first read a 29-28 decision for Bisping, the reaction was instantaneous as to shock how the Brit won 2 rounds. The 2nd judge saw it 30-27 for Hamill, while Cecil Peoples, who has been involved in controversial decisions in the past, scored the bout 29-28 for Bisping.

Michael Bisping pulled off a split decision win and in his post fight interview refused to give any credit to his opponent’s performance acting like he just won by knockout instead of being handed a gift decision.

On the other side of the fight, Hamill showed a tremendous amount of graciousness in defeat and should be commended for not being more upset after a horrendous decision.

The fans were also very vocal about this particular fight as the callers into MMAWeekly Radio’s post fight show rallied around Matt Hamill in this bout and voted him Fighter of the Night for his performance and grace in the face of defeat after a decision that no one seemed to agree with.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4666&zoneid=13

dallaskd
09-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I am so pissed off. I really feel bad for Matt. He fought his ass off. Bisping looked BAD.

djohn14
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
No no no no no...even boxing judges would have gave tha to hamill.

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Joe Rogan on Bisping - Hamill decision
http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=1125883

Yes, Hamill was robbed. Who knows if it was due to crooked judges, judges with no balls, or just idiotic judges (which we've seen MANY times). The judging is too erratic. They need MMA judges, not a mixture of whoever gets thrown out there for each event (ie, boxing judges).

They also need to scrap the 10 pt must scoring system...this isn't boxing...it doesn't work for MMA. Pride had it right with it's system...

Yep...MMA is going down the drain now... :(

MajorMike
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
02-14-2007, 11:16 AM

Yes, fully sanctioned. What does that have to do with rigged fights? The second there are rigged fights in the UFC, I'm out...

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Read much?

Who knows if it was due to crooked judges, judges with no balls, or just idiotic judges (which we've seen MANY times). The judging is too erratic. They need MMA judges, not a mixture of whoever gets thrown out there for each event (ie, boxing judges).

I guess I missed the proof that the fight was rigged... :lol

If you follow the sport you know that the judges do stupid $hit out of ignorance on occasion...they need MMA specific judges...

One judge scored Guida - Aurelio from UFC 74 as 30-27 Aurelio...wtf?? He didn't win a single round.

I recall one fight that was 30-23 within the past year...Abbadi fight maybe?

It happens. Probably what happened was a combo of incompetence and lack of balls. The 1st round was clearly Hamill and the 3rd rd was Bisping. The 2nd rd was close, but Hamill took it. 2 of the judges gave it to the hometown boy and the other didn't...

MajorMike
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Will you ever get confirmation that it was rigged? Have we ever proven that any boxing fight was rigged, but do we still know they are?

cornbread
09-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Anything is possible when Cecil Peoples is a judge.

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Yea, we'll get proof when Cecil Peoples writes a tell-all book...hell no we won't...

It was a terrible decision that reeks of home cookin'...it happens in all sports...

MMA has a long way to go before it reaches boxing's level as far as problems go...

desflood
09-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Cause of the shit he was talking about matt when it was over......he showed no class
You're kidding. Find me a fighter that doesn't talk shit before and after a fight and I'll be impressed :lol Randy Couture being the exception, of course.

MajorMike
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
MMA has a long way to go before it reaches boxing's level as far as problems go...

...and popularity.

dbreiden83080
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
You're kidding. Find me a fighter that doesn't talk shit before and after a fight and I'll be impressed :lol Randy Couture being the exception, of course.

After you got owned like that though. He got smoked in there and i bet it hit Bisping hard the next day when all he heard was that almost everyone thought he lost the fight and it was a bullshit decision.

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
If only there was a way to quantify "popularity"...

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
The 2 judges that had Bisping winning 29-28 chime in...
http://fightlinker.com/?p=575#more-575

Evan
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Will you ever get confirmation that it was rigged? Have we ever proven that any boxing fight was rigged, but do we still know they are?

Ok....

If a fight was to ever be rigged.......why that fight?

Book makers would pick up on that so fast and cut off bets.

2centsworth
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
If only there was a way to quantify "popularity"...
money!

BTW, Boxing is and always will be more credible and popular than MMA. That Rampage Henderson fight was a joke.

I'm sure looking forward to the 300k buys you get for ufc 76 at $25 a pop.

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 12:23 PM
money!

BTW, Boxing is and always will be more credible and popular than MMA. That Rampage Henderson fight was a joke.

I'm sure looking forward to the 300k buys you get for ufc 76 at $25 a pop.

lol...

Look, we know you're not an MMA fan. Your opinion doens't mean much. If you thought the Rampage - Henderson fight was a joke, then please don't bother watching... :lol

Money?? You'll have to quantify that for me...

If it's PPV money, then the UFC topped boxing in 2006...we've already established that...
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3240

2centsworth
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
lol...

Look, we know you're not an MMA fan. Your opinion doens't mean much. If you thought the Rampage - Henderson fight was a joke, then please don't bother watching... :lol

Money?? You'll have to quantify that for me...

If it's PPV money, then the UFC topped boxing in 2006...we've already established that...
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3240
2006 was a fad year. It's about longevity and consistentcy. Lets see what the PPV look like this year. BTW, boxing has way fewer PPV events than UFC too. Boxing instead relies on contracts with Showtime, HBO, & ESPN. You guys get spike right after the girls gone wild videos lol.

ATRAIN
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Bisping is crap

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
2006 was a fad year. It's about longevity and consistentcy. Lets see what the PPV look like this year. BTW, boxing has way fewer PPV events than UFC too. Boxing instead relies on contracts with Showtime, HBO, & ESPN. You guys get spike right after the girls gone wild videos lol.

Ah yes, fad year...

But wait, you said it was about "money"...not "money per event"...I'm confused...

Why doesn't boxing run more PPV's?

By the way, we're just talking UFC with those numbers...not all the other org's running right now. Proelite is already running PPV's on Showtime and has "free" Showtime cards too (ShoXC). The UFC will be on HBO as soon as the deal is worked out. This is still the infant stages of MMA as a major sport in the US...

Hate on...

Evan
09-10-2007, 12:39 PM
BTW, boxing has way fewer PPV events than UFC too..

Thats not a good thing.

MMA has so many PPV's because the market demands it. If boxing was capable of having so many cards they would. If MMA only had one good card every year like boxing it would shatter every record 10 fold.

MMA has SpikeTV, my27, its own channel on some dish systems (fight TV or something), HDnet, FOXsports, Showtime, and will have HBO this year.

2centsworth
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Thats not a good thing.

MMA has so many PPV's because the market demands it. If boxing was capable of having so many cards they would. If MMA only had one good card every year like boxing it would shatter every record 10 fold.

MMA has SpikeTV, my27, its own channel on some dish systems (fight TV or something), HDnet, FOXsports, Showtime, and will have HBO this year.

I'm toying with Leonard since he's the only one who didn't get the irony of the thread.

Even the "true" MMA fans got it except overly sensitive Leonard.

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm toying with Leonard since he's the only one who didn't get the irony of the thread.

Even the "true" MMA fans got it except overly sensitive Leonard.

Wow...of course... :lol

Most ignored your BS and just talked about the decision actually...

Maybe someday I can be a "true" fan of MMA...

2centsworth
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow...of course... :lol

Most ignored your BS and just talked about the decision actually...

Maybe someday I can be a "true" fan of MMA...

you're hilarious, but in a joke kinda way. Please tell me you're a woman on your period. Otherwise, I can see why you're obsessed with tough guys.

LEONARD
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
*yawn*

Not wasting anymore time with you...

dbreiden83080
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Thats not a good thing.

MMA and the UFC will replace Boxing completely within 10 years if the UFC makes sure that shit like what went down the other night does not happen again. Boxing has had too many obvious wins taken away from fighters and pissed fans off. As long as the UFC avoids that like the plague for the future they will take over completely.

Evan
09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
MMA and the UFC will replace Boxing completely within 10 years if the UFC makes sure that shit like what went down the other night does not happen again. Boxing has had too many obvious wins taken away from fighters and pissed fans off. As long as the UFC avoids that like the plague for the future they will take over completely.

I agree with you and your time frame sounds pretty spot on.

But just to expand on one of your points, the UFC has absolutely nothing to do with this.

They get these judges from Nevada State Athletic Commision type bodies who are using the boxing scoring model that simply does not work for MMA.

Not to start a flame war here but boxing is pretty one dimentional so a 10 point system works for them, MMA is far too complex.

Dana White who is the president of the UFC has been petitioning for two main rule changes to MMA, knee strikes to the head and a revised scoring system. The major problem has been getting New Jersey on board because once they are, NSAC has stated they will follow. As far as I am concerned they should just move away from that toilet and not worry about NJ so lets get this done!

Why do they care if they aren't in Nevada? Just like boxing, when they hold events in non sanctioned areas like London in this case, they still follow NSAC rules as a general model.

A lot of work needs to be done here but now that I have heard the judges explain their decision I can begin to see why they scored this for Bisping. 10 point must system needs to go for MMA.

dbreiden83080
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
The problem is though whether it is true or not a lot of people feel that Don King has ruined boxing by rigging a lot of big fights over the years. They feel him and promoters like him control the sport. Truth is they do control it mainly because they control so many fighters with different belts and see to it that the great fights rarely happen between those fighters. The most deserving man almost never gets a shot without having to cut through miles of red tape. This combined with no big stars left in the sport has killed boxing and the UFC and MMA has seized the oppurtunity. Now lets look at the other night. That event was in the UK where Bisping is from and Dana White is always front and center with the UFC. He does all the promos, he is the host of the Ultimate fighter show, i mean this guy has basically become the Vince Mcmahon of the UFC. When a decision like that goes down people automatically feel like Dana White, right or wrong was involved in that call. The fight was in the UK and he needed the hometown star to win the fight. I don't think that is what happened but that is the perception right now and it is the very same one that helped to kill boxing. The UFC has to take all the steps to see to it only the best most honest judges always officiate these fights without exception. That is the only way to ensure this kind of crap does not drag the UFC down like it did boxing.

dallaskd
09-15-2007, 10:27 PM
All I can say is the UFC embarrassed itself in front of millions and Michael Bisping lost every USA fan he ever had. ohh and bisping wants a rematch...

Mr Dio
09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Well, EXC isn't the UFC BUT, Ninja sure look liked Roy Jones Jr. on the canvas asleep....when he fought the Jamaican.
Looked a lot like Cro Cop when he fought Gonzaga.

Diaz, the real PRIDE title holder won a dec. Gomi knows who his Daddy is.

Many from PRIDE just haven't impressed me lately.
Exceptions to everything though so, hopefully Shogun follows in Rampage & A.Silva's footsteps & actually makes some noise & doesn't do a PRIDE Boy flop.

Evan
09-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Three issues facing PRIDE fighters...

1. Far too much time off

2. Rule changes

3. Fence

cornbread
09-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Ninja got destroyed. I thought the leg kicks might have an effect on Lawler but they didn't faze him. Lawler just ate them and delivered punishment.

The most suprising thing about this fight was that Ninja was gassed by the second round! WTF?!

Mr Dio
09-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Ninja got destroyed. I thought the leg kicks might have an effect on Lawler but they didn't faze him. Lawler just ate them and delivered punishment.

The most suprising thing about this fight was that Ninja was gassed by the second round! WTF?!

No doubt, I was pulling for Ninja & was hoping maybe Lawler would have an off night. When Ninja was leg kicking I kinda hoped Lawler was going to be affected the way he was vs Pete Spratt in '03.....No Dice........And I knew Ninja wasn't going to do to Lawler what Diaz did to him in '04.

cornbread
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Yep, I thought it was going to be a repeat of the Spratt fight when those leg kicks kept landing. I guess Lawler has grown since then.

LEONARD
09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Boxing vs MMA debate with Royce Gracie and Steve Molitor...well done.
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/1q7RIMixjIPcQl1EL
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7ygMoX7nmKjhXl1Fa

Evan
09-17-2007, 09:11 AM
I need to throw those up when I get home.

LEONARD
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't know...they're "hidden" links on DM that I pulled from a special website... :D

Evan
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh I see. Never mind.

dallaskd
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Diaz, the real PRIDE title holder won a dec. Gomi knows who his Daddy is.

thank you. i dont care if the athletic commission says no contest. we all know...

dallaskd
09-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Three issues facing PRIDE fighters...

1. Far too much time off

2. Rule changes

3. Fence

elbows, no soccer kicks.

Evan
09-17-2007, 06:54 PM
elbows, no soccer kicks.

Yup. Rule changes ahoy for them.